Welcome to Dating Sites Reviews

dan

Anonymous
found this on sitejabber which has tons of complaints .theyre based in Luxembourg ..so how can they send round bailiffs ?

“I like many others joined on the £5 trial, cancelled...”
1/12/14

I like many others joined on the £5 trial, cancelled before the due date but was still charged. I emailed them telling them I had cancelled but all they said was I had a legal contract with them and I would have to pay! Now I keep getting threatening emails about sending the bailiffs round and taking me to court!! I don't believe they are even based in the UK so how can they? Just a bunch of rip off merchants out to get our money, don't give a monkeys about anything else. They should be ashamed of themselves.

dan

Anonymous
more from sitejabber...

“RIP OFF!!!”
10/9/13

RIP OFF!!! TOTAL SCAM!!! THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY!!! DO NOT SIGN UP!!!

“I have also had the same treatment, up to an including...”
10/4/13

I have also had the same treatment, up to an including the threats from a debt collection agency when I stopped my subscription but the disgusting Be2.com fraudsters simply ignored it. The only thing one should do with Be2 is to report it to Action Fraud - http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ - which is the police site for reporting fraud and internet crime. The more people that report the site, the more likelihood that the police will take action against it and deal with the criminals behind it.

dan

Anonymous
they are on wikipedia too ..quote

Criticism

Blogs, review sites and online forums repeatedly report complaints about the company. The investigator in TheHookupGuy and MeetWomenOnline concluded: "We were more than disappointed in this scam dating website. A better word for it would be mortified!".[11] A blog was created for the exclusive purpose of such complaints, [antibe2scam.blogspot.co.uk/|Anti Be2 Scam]. Sitejabber published 41 reviews (as of 12 May 2015), mostly scathing, detailing aggressively misleading marketing practices, hidden charges, unwanted subscription into recurring expensive payment, charges applied to dormant accounts, obstructions to termination of contract and profile, and so forth. Other sites, such as DatingScams.co.uk and ScamBook, report similar findings.

In particular, The pricing of Premium Memberships are regular causes for complaint.[12] The membership is, in fact, a subscription, which is automatically renewed, unless the membership is cancelled in due time. However, complaints were received where premium account-cancellation was, in fact, impossible.[13]

Although the online address makes the company appear to be registered in the UK (be2.co.uk), it is actually based in Luxembourg. Its practices are considered illegal by the Danish Consumer Council.

The journalist Troels Jørgensen from TV station DR has rated BE2's matching system as flawed. Wildly different profiles were matched to exactly the same potential partners in a test performed for consumer rights programme Kontant. Also, membership is extended without consent which is illegal according to The Danish Consumer Council. [14] This is also illegal in Sweden according to The Swedish Consumer Council.[15] All the questions raised by the Danish journalist in the programme have since been addressed by the company. be2 made several changes to its service in Denmark in response to the programme.[citation needed]
International

dan

Anonymous
from sitejabber

“I signed up with them on 12 September 2010, and tried...”
10/10/10

I signed up with them on 12 September 2010, and tried to cancel on 6 October 2010.

They are due to take £149 .94 from my credit card this week on Tuesday or Wednesday. I have been arguing with them not to do so, but they say that my contract will now run until April 2011, because they did not get 14 days notice of my intention to cancel.

After Googling the multitude of complaints - and having re-read the correspondence that I had with them last week - I decided to err on the side of caution and speak to my credit card provider tonight. My original intention was to wait until it was processed and then challenge it as fraud. Anyway, my provider has cancelled the card and has assured me that nothing can go through after tonight.

I am sure the bloodsuckers will start threatening me, but it will be to no avail. They do not scare me. It is a harsh lesson to learn, but I will now be very wary about who gets my credit card details in the future.

Good luck to all of you fighting against Be2. I feel for you. This company really should be forced to insert an opt-out/opt-in choice on their website, rather than just opt you in for 6 months. If this is allowed under Luxembourg law it is crazy. Presumably it it not acceptable under European law as a whole though, but we will have to wait for a test case

rob.

Anonymous
ignore these idle threats they cant send in bailiffs without going thru the courts in any given country to establish where you live and you havent told them that ..email em back to kiss ass ..they would need a huge legal dept to deal with all these minor debts and pay enormous sums up front....its ridiculous ..sleep easy

bill

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

more from sitejabber...

“RIP OFF!!!”
10/9/13

RIP OFF!!! TOTAL SCAM!!! THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY!!! DO NOT SIGN UP!!!

“I have also had the same treatment, up to an including...”
10/4/13

I have also had the same treatment, up to an including the threats from a debt collection agency when I stopped my subscription but the disgusting Be2.com fraudsters simply ignored it. The only thing one should do with Be2 is to report it to Action Fraud - http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ - which is the police site for reporting fraud and internet crime. The more people that report the site, the more likelihood that the police will take action against it and deal with the criminals behind it.

this dated 4 year ago and suggests the threats came to nothing as he ignored it ..empty threats from fraudsters ..

Here is what to do with Be2

Anonymous
Step 1.
Just order a new bank/credit card (the one you used when you signed up)
When you got a new card,all info is brand new,the visa number-the expire date etc Be2 doesn' know the new card,and jost make sure the old card is blocked, and they just can't tap your card anymore!

Step 2.
They will send you threats,so just change your e-mail info,or just have another one,and they are not able to contact you online anymore Smile)

All times are Eastern Daylight Time. The time is now 05:11 AM.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content