Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Who should pay for dates?

Mary

Anonymous

What are the rules you go by when deciding if you are going to pay for a date?

I couldn’t believe my last date… he said he would pay when he asked me out the week before and then at the end of the date proceeded to ask me to pay for half the date. I thought we were having a pretty good time. I could tell we were not right for each other but we did have a fun evening up to that point.

He was lucky that I usually bring money on a date but he definitely lost some serious points for flip flopping.

My views may be a bit old-fashioned but for first dates I usually expect the man to pay, especially if he did the asking.
Angry

Smart Guy

Anonymous
I can just imagine what women think when they are on a date. Does he have a good job, will he provide for me and does he make good marriage material. Men on the other hand are just thinking of one thing … Sex!

I know guys who will spend almost their entire weeks’ pay check on one date with a women. What chumps. Spending lots of money on a date does NOT guarantee anything. The sad thing is I find a number of women will take advantage of these guys.

I work hard for my money so when I spend it I expect a return on my investment. That’s why this summer I have been doing a lot more outdoor stuff with my dates and you know what, it is paying off.

Rick from New York

Anonymous
As a man in his thirties with a pretty good job I do not mind paying for the first couple of dates. As Mary says above if you did the asking you should pay for the date. Once you have become really comfortable then I would expect the woman to start paying every now and then. If she doesn’t one would start to think she is a gold digger.

Along with paying for the first few dates I also try to be a gentlemen. I will hold doors open for her, at a restaurant I would pull out her chair and let her sit first before I do. I find small things like that really make a difference and most women seem to appreciate it. Maybe I am old fashion as well?

Nathan

Anonymous
Men are supposed to be the one who pay the bills on a date and also has the most flexible time. So when you're on a date, what are you doing? I would recommend having a drink and then go for a stroll at the beach or something.

Chris Horner

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

What are the rules you go by when deciding if you are going to pay for a date?

I couldn’t believe my last date… he said he would pay when he asked me out the week before and then at the end of the date proceeded to ask me to pay for half the date. I thought we were having a pretty good time. I could tell we were not right for each other but we did have a fun evening up to that point.

He was lucky that I usually bring money on a date but he definitely lost some serious points for flip flopping.

My views may be a bit old-fashioned but for first dates I usually expect the man to pay, especially if he did the asking.
Angry

Another feminist infested hypocrite who only wants equality when it suits. Any woman who expects me to pay is a massive red flag. If I have to pay for a date you have to suck my *censored*.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:26 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content