Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Question about Marriage

Stever5

Anonymous
I have been with my finance fro about 5 years. Last week I asked her to marry me but now I am not sure if I did the right thing.

She said yes but now her whole family knows and about 100 of our friends. They are already planning the wedding, picking out colors of the brides maid dresses and looking at flowers.

I had told her I didn't want to get married until I have finished school and I had gotten a job, which is in about 2 years. I also did a quick calculation and found out I am in about $75 thousand in debt due to school, my car and a few other things.

I had wanted a smaller wedding but it looks like it may not turn out that way as I get the feeling that everything will be planned without any input from me.

Marriage is a big step and I am freaking out ... what should I do?

JEAN ALEXANDER

Anonymous
HI. i have faced the same problem three years ago. i was also at school level when i got married. my husband is very cooperative and very nice with me . he is very helpful in my further studies. now I've completed my graduation with great affection of my husband. you don't worry about your marriage if your husband is like my husband then it will be very easy to manage. you have spent at least 5 years with your fiance, you know better what should you do.

AsianBeauties

Forum User
Junior
The best thing you can do is talk openly and frankly with other. Reiterate to her that you love her and do want to marry but need time to get everything in order. I'm sure she will understand. Good luck.

Athena

Anonymous
hopeful
Quote by: Anonymous

I have been with my finance fro about 5 years. Last week I asked her to marry me but now I am not sure if I did the right thing.

She said yes but now her whole family knows and about 100 of our friends. They are already planning the wedding, picking out colors of the brides maid dresses and looking at flowers.

I had told her I didn't want to get married until I have finished school and I had gotten a job, which is in about 2 years. I also did a quick calculation and found out I am in about $75 thousand in debt due to school, my car and a few other things.

I had wanted a smaller wedding but it looks like it may not turn out that way as I get the feeling that everything will be planned without any input from me.

Marriage is a big step and I am freaking out ... what should I do?

A marriage proposal or obligation is no superficial thing to suggest. And more important that is why people get engaged and discuss the whole idea rationally.

Were you serious when you asked your gal friend to marry you or were you testing the waters?

Intentions no matter how slight or flippant they made sound ... A woman might be thrilled even hearing the words not knowing that they may be shallow by the one with cold feet.

You my friend are sounding scared and she is taking this to the max ... It’s your move on the Chess Board!

Carrie Lan

Forum User
Talk to her honestly, explain your opinion and tell her that you wanna smaller wedding

pro100pk2

Anonymous
Think about
Would you like to see the person next to you
if so then marry her
if not
you need to have a serious talk Neutral

Paul_Tyree

Forum User
Marriage is indeed big step. You should tell her everything about your future plans, dept of cars and loans. and you can also suggest her to do small wedding. if she truly loves you, she will understand your situation. And she will definitely support you. Don't cancel or delay your wedding, as you said her family member and most of friends know about you. So it would be better to get married because it was your first step to ask her about marriage.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:57 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content