Online Dating & Relationships Forums

What to do now after the first date?

steve1812

Anonymous
hopeful
I need this communities help to decipher a date I had with someone from true.com. I met someone for lunch last week that was funny, intelligent, pretty and smart. The date went well, it was more than two hours. Which is longer than I would have expected. We both had a good time chatting and we where laughing pretty much the whole time.

Anyway, near the end of the date she said she thought we had little chemistry and we should hang out some time soon. I could not determine if she was being polite (completely unnecessary) and was just not interested or because she had been burnt in the past was just being cautious.

My question is what move should I make next, if any. I was thinking of asking her out for lunch or maybe dinner in the next couple of weeks, exchange a couple of emails before then, and see what happens. However I don't want to put her in an uncomfortable position. Or maybe I am deluding myself, although I consider myself generally a very objective person and far from overly emotional.

What do you guys think?

sweetness295

Anonymous
hopeful
What i suggest you do is to, first of all send her an e-mail to know how how she felt concerning the last date then see what her reply will be. After that, you can ask her politely for another lunch and see what happens this time around to really get to know eacth other.

I think after the second date, you should be able to conclude what's on her mind. to know if to continue or not. Big Grin

All times are EST. The time is now 06:41 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content