Online Dating & Relationships Forums

emotional affair?

Camron

Anonymous
Over 10 years ago I was engaged to a woman. The engagement lasted about 1 year when we broke up and she moved to Boston. About 5 years ago I got married to a beautiful woman and we have been happy ever since.

Well about 6 months ago I met the first lady in the mall. We hit it off right from the start. We meet about 1 or 2 times a month for lunch and just talk. She knows that I am married and there is no physical contact. I see the relationship more like a brother and sister. My wife knows about the first woman but she does not know that we meet. There are some things I find I cannot tell my wife that I can talk to her about. I do communicate with my wife fine and we still have a happy marriage. Would anyone consider this being unfaithful or cheating?

Effects

Anonymous
Hello,
I am a married man of five years and I will tell you this. As long as you are keeping it clean with the first lady, there's no need to tell your wife about it.
You need to understand the way a woman's mind works. She's gonna suspect your every move henceforth.

On the other hand if you get physical with the first lady then you are cheating and you have betrayed ur wife's love.

Shalom

Kuen

Anonymous
Its normal to meet your previous relationship because its a way to test your faithfulness to your wife. As long as its all about friendship and you both never go beyond the boundaries and its all fine.

Athena

Anonymous
hopeful
Quote by: Anonymous

Over 10 years ago I was engaged to a woman. The engagement lasted about 1 year when we broke up and she moved to Boston. About 5 years ago I got married to a beautiful woman and we have been happy ever since.

Well about 6 months ago I met the first lady in the mall. We hit it off right from the start. We meet about 1 or 2 times a month for lunch and just talk. She knows that I am married and there is no physical contact. I see the relationship more like a brother and sister. My wife knows about the first woman but she does not know that we meet. There are some things I find I cannot tell my wife that I can talk to her about. I do communicate with my wife fine and we still have a happy marriage. Would anyone consider this being unfaithful or cheating?

[/b]Well since you are asking a complete stranger- What I think ...? It’s an “Integrity” thing. And the point is your relationship with the so call “Sister” friend ... if that is what it really is ... then it’s not worth getting caught being seen with a woman at the mall in front of God and everybody because ... What if someone sees you with this unknown woman and tells your wife they saw you at the mall ??? ... one or two times ??? ... People are curious by nature. They are also predictable by nature. Some people feel they have a moral obligation or duty in regard to loyalty to get mad at you personally and right a wrong by ratting you out.

People by nature have a duality kind of behavior. Some of the behavior is Dark and some of it is Light ... The shades of gray is what I think you have to worry about in your behavior. Like a shady character doing something that is not above board. Is this worth destroying your marriage?

Athena

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:24 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content