Online Dating & Relationships Forums

How do people find love on the internet??

memy

Anonymous
Is it really possible to find someone on these dating sites? I must be doing something wrong. 2 months and no replies. What is your secret to success?

Cat

Anonymous
1. Find a good dating site with people in your area

2. Create a good profile. Be honest and take your time. It will probably take several revisions. The essay questions in my opinion are the most important

3. Include pictures. Maybe even get some professionally done. If you can't afford that Walmart does portraits pretty cheap. Also include some photos of you having fun (if you like to rock climb have a pic of you climbing rocks).

4. Be patient, it does take some time.

5. Don't send out 100 emails send out just a few to people you think are a good match to you and you have the qualities they are looking for.

6. Become a regular in the forums or chat rooms. I find it's easier to meet people who have seen your name and opinion a few times.

Hope this helps..

angie202

Anonymous
awake
Maybe you are looking at the wrong dating sites. Try webdate.com. I found my boyfriend on that site. And it only took me a couple of minutes to do so. After I sent him a message, he got back to me in about two days. Stick to this site. That is my secret to success! Razz

dating site junkie

Anonymous
Well, I can tell you that first, pick one and if it is a paid site, actually pay. If you're a woman, you'd be surprised how well that works. If you are a man, I appreciate the guy more if he pays for the membership instead of me having to do it. One thing you can do is if you find some one that responds with the free winks, etc of the site, pay then. She'll be flattered you paid just to meet her.

Post in the forums. You can get to know a lot about people that way and they get to know you.

I've made so many friends on these sites. Some were romantic, others not, but I love the possibilities. Just stay open.

Also, start really looking at the profiles. Don't just look at the pictures. I don't respond to a man that it is obvious that all he looked at was the picture. Make your picks on who to contact based on the whole profile, not just the pictures.

All times are EST. The time is now 11:22 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content