Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Fed Up With All Dating Sites

Hollz

Anonymous
I just wanted to put in my experience about attractive women having men scratching at the door. There is an old saying the prettier you are the lonelier you are, it's true.

I'm a very attractive 25 yr old, with no drama, no kids, I have gone to bars but men never approach me. So I turned to online. Maybe it's just the New England men, that act like they are still in high school.

I'm beginning to curse the way I look if it means I will always be single.

some guy

Anonymous
You know fellas, if the women aren't responding to you, you might be contacting women out of your league or you have selected lamo pictures and your profile advertizes you as super boring.

Do some research on how to make a good profile

S.Dave

Forum User
I can sympathy in some aspect you had mentioned. I could not find any girl in the real life or the fact that I did not have enough confidence to talk or go further with someone. I also tried to go online and find some gals. From thousand of nicknames on the internet, I feel easy going with 2-3 gals but it still did not go to something seriously. In some aspects, I think that online dating is kinda interesting but we should do depend too much on it because it is somehow fake.

Len

Anonymous
I have been on many dating site's, subscriber sites and free ones. Now what I found out about the Subscriber site's shocked me, what they do is send you matches only while your not paid up and as soon as you top up your account with them the emails stop and the response is almost zero. I have been on many of the Free ones and they are not much different except that there are a lot more Yahoo Yahoo boys and Sweetheart Scammers on them. Ok Cupid, Cupid Bay, Edate, Frendorama these were just full of scammers mostly from West Africa, I reported so many that I just gave up on those Sites. These sites are all Pay sites and some have been Reported for Posting Fake Profile to con the males into paying up again and the worst are, Match.com, Match finder, Lavalife and RSVP, All these have made headlines and been before the Courts.
Many of the Dating sites ans specially the Pay ones are connected to others and often sell your information onto other Dating Sites then create a Profile without you knowing until you receive an Email from someone wanting to meet you. Its happen to me several times and I had to report them to Australian Federal Police and ACCC for breach of Privacy, it took a few goes to have my Profile removed.
I have noticed that some of the sites have been taken over by another Site and changed names. I have never really had any success from Dating Sites but I still have a Profile on some which are completely free, no point in paying to be sent fake Profiles like Match.com do.
One site which I will mention which is not a Dating Site as such but MyDailyFlog was originally Clicker Eye, it then became Refriendz and now MyDailyFlog. This site is full of Pedophiles, Scammers, Fake Profiles and plain Criminals, probably the worst site I have ever had anything to do with. I went thru the total list of Australian women from 18 to 55 and there were a total of 63, out of that 33 were Positive Fakes and Scammers of which most People had already worked out and of the remaining 30 12 were consider to be suspect and I could not verify if they were Genuine or Fake but there was something about there Profile that lead me to believe they weren't genuine and I would guess they were from West Africa Pretending to be in Australia. That is one site I would not miss if AFP, FBI or CIA shut them down but I'm guessing they are using it to trap the Pedophiles

TheSteve

Anonymous
ok lets start with the basics DO NOT i repeat do not write paragraphs in a message for an initial response remember the band KISS keep it simple stupid 2 letters hi thats all you need to initiate contact secondly don't talk about yourself ask her questions about her and listen to what she says then if you here something she has in common with you tell her but not too much you guys just need to calm down and be cool about it and you will get results another thing ask 100 girls out in real life and on the net i dont care if you see her at walgreens expect a no embrace the no and yes will come to you

Marie

Anonymous
mellow
I have tried several dating sites over the course of 5 years. During that time, I met about a dozen or so men (I was selective, or so I thought). Most of them had yet to get over their former partner/ girlfriend.....Many of these men claimed they had moved on, but it as I got to know them better it became apparent they were still processing their break up....which made it difficult to impossible to develop our relationship....One man posed as divorced when he was still living with his wife! I think most of the men I dated (or tried to date) WANTED to be over their X, and felt as if another woman would be the best solution. The other problem I encountered was that many men on the dating sites had been in MULTIPLE marriages/ relationships looking for Ms. Right / Ms. Perfect. What was the common denominator? HUH? LOL. Most men I have known rarely seek counseling nor take the time to read a book to address the issues that may have led to their divorce / split up. Dating a Christian man was a priority for me......However, when I got to know these Christian men better, many (not all) talked the talk, but did not walk the walk, not even close! SO, after 5 plus years of making a serious effort to search for a compatible mate, I have decided that if I meet a man, it will have to be out in the world as I live my life to the fullest sharing God's love with all I encounter.

Due Diligence

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

I have tried several dating sites over the course of 5 years. During that time, I met about a dozen or so men (I was selective, or so I thought). Most of them had yet to get over their former partner/ girlfriend.....Many of these men claimed they had moved on, but it as I got to know them better it became apparent they were still processing their break up....which made it difficult to impossible to develop our relationship....One man posed as divorced when he was still living with his wife! I think most of the men I dated (or tried to date) WANTED to be over their X, and felt as if another woman would be the best solution. The other problem I encountered was that many men on the dating sites had been in MULTIPLE marriages/ relationships looking for Ms. Right / Ms. Perfect. What was the common denominator? HUH? LOL. Most men I have known rarely seek counseling nor take the time to read a book to address the issues that may have led to their divorce / split up. Dating a Christian man was a priority for me......However, when I got to know these Christian men better, many (not all) talked the talk, but did not walk the walk, not even close! SO, after 5 plus years of making a serious effort to search for a compatible mate, I have decided that if I meet a man, it will have to be out in the world as I live my life to the fullest sharing God's love with all I encounter.

As an experiment i set up two profiles with the exact same info with one small difference. One was a male model and one was me. Im in good shape and look very similar to the model except he is 6'1" and i am 5'10".

The difference shows how shallow and superficial women really are. Almost 80/20. And in many cases model guy was rude and i was polite and still model guy got more hits.

So yes i agree dating sites are extremely sexist and the fact that now sites like Bumble give an even greater advantage its almost pointless as youre not looking for depth of character, but some non existant romance novel to make up for your past mistakes...not ours.

Alex

Anonymous
Hey guys, I get it. It’s a pain in the ass to figure out what these women want to hear. Half of them say they want all this romance and other bs but in reality the as#@ole is the one they go home with at the end of the night. Remember Less is more!! I use to try to put all this effort into what it said and talk to them for a while to try to get to know them before asking them out. THAT IS THE WRONG PLAY!!

I am on tinder now and there are a couple scams on their but like 90% of the women are real and most of the time I just say hi or hey how are you... how was your day or week. Not more than a short scentance if that to initiate the conversation. Think about it, if you got all those emails are you going to sit there and read through a two paragraph one and if you did would you have the time to go through several. Point is short and sweet fellas say hi how are you, see if they respond. If they do then you know they have an interest in you. After that maybe one or two more messages each time waiting for a response. Then ask them for their number and ask them to happy hr. Forget coffee!! You have a lot better chances if some drinks are flowing. Also when you do get their number DO NOT CALL OR TXT MORE THAN ONCE AFTER THE FIRST DATE. OR EVEN WAIT A DAY OR TWO AFTER. you want them to be thinking about what you are doing Are you going to call etc. once you consistently call them and txt them and always quickly reply back they lose interest very quickly. I hate to say it but nice guys finish last. Most girls like guys that are a bit mysterious or keep them questioning. If you txt them first and have a little convo make sure they are the last to txt. Never seem desperate or too quick to respond because they will stop thinking about you immediately.

Good luck out there guys.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:59 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content