Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Plenty of Fish and EVOW

Vanessa

Anonymous
confused
I am here because I did not know how else to vent and to share my complaint... I joined POF hopeful to make some new male friends with a view to a relationship. After speaking to countless men via email or chat I was quite perplexed at the huge amount of married men I was attracting when my profile specifically said no married men. But wait! Salvation on the Horizon when POF advertised their new sister site EVOW for people seriously searching for a relationship. I was impressed. I created a profile - completely honest for a change - and began to chat to men of a different caliber. Today I went to log in to check my emails excited about exchanging details with a man I have met only to be greeted after logging in with the following message "SORRY! We noticed and inconsistency with your answers. To ensure that eVow remains dedicated to users seeking long term relationships ONLY, we cannot provide you with an account."

What the hell is this???? Do they mean that they disregarded my privacy and read my emails or my profile and decided to toss me out? What kind of invasive B***S**T is this?
I believe that my profile with my photo is still active and that they are breaking the law and using my profile and they have not even given me the chance to remove it!!
What gives this site, claiming itself serious, the right to block me when my personal details are contained within?

And what to they mean by "they checked my answers" ---- this is an invasion of privacy at its worse.

I am serious about looking for a long term relationship however I do not recommend eVow and will tell everyone I ever meet for as long as I am able to type, talk and turn on my PC to stay away from this site as it is a scam.

Patrick

Anonymous
Quote by: Vanessa

I am here because I did not know how else to vent and to share my complaint... I joined POF hopeful to make some new male friends with a view to a relationship. After speaking to countless men via email or chat I was quite perplexed at the huge amount of married men I was attracting when my profile specifically said no married men. But wait! Salvation on the Horizon when POF advertised their new sister site EVOW for people seriously searching for a relationship. I was impressed. I created a profile - completely honest for a change - and began to chat to men of a different caliber. Today I went to log in to check my emails excited about exchanging details with a man I have met only to be greeted after logging in with the following message "SORRY! We noticed and inconsistency with your answers. To ensure that eVow remains dedicated to users seeking long term relationships ONLY, we cannot provide you with an account."

What the hell is this???? Do they mean that they disregarded my privacy and read my emails or my profile and decided to toss me out? What kind of invasive B***S**T is this?
I believe that my profile with my photo is still active and that they are breaking the law and using my profile and they have not even given me the chance to remove it!!
What gives this site, claiming itself serious, the right to block me when my personal details are contained within?

And what to they mean by "they checked my answers" ---- this is an invasion of privacy at its worse.

I am serious about looking for a long term relationship however I do not recommend eVow and will tell everyone I ever meet for as long as I am able to type, talk and turn on my PC to stay away from this site as it is a scam.

I hear ya Vanessa. I'm looking for a long term relationship as well. I gave up on POF along time ago. I met several girls on there and all of them were really weird. One girl told me she was being stalked while another told me not to go into a relationship because I've never been in one.

Anon

Anonymous
By 'checked your answers' they are referring to the answers you provided when signing up. Questionnaires annoy me, but it's much shorter than the eHarmony one is supposed to be.

It's very possible you simply gave flaky answers and they felt you weren't 'safe' for the site.

Vanessa

Anonymous
dizzy
My Answers were good. I still feel that as everyone is an individual and everybody seeks different levels of intimacy that there are no wrong answers when answering private questions about one self. I am voting for steering well clear. I feel that any internet dating company which "checks" yours answers to see which are "correct" have alot to answer for - on what model do they base their "perfect members"????

Word

Anonymous
Vanessa,

You are entitled to seek anything you like. What everyone is trying to help you understand is that you were attempting to join a site that is focused on those seeking a long term relationship. A computer rates your responses, that is why you check them from multiple choice. If a person's answers don't fit the what has been pre-configured for "serious about finding a relationship", the computer rejects you. The rejection is not personal. Don't be too upset about it, you saved yourself some time. The site is full of scammers and fakes like all the others.

Misato

Anonymous
[/p]

Here is the thing about uploading ANYTHING to the internet. Once you upload something over the internet, it is there forever for the whole world to see, not just the site you uploaded to, and there is nothing you can do about it.

It would be like trying to keep a fire from happening AFTER you have already lit a match and thrown it in a barrel of gasoline.

When you are on the internet, you need to develope the mindset that if there is anyone at all that you don't want to see what you are about to send to a website, then don't send it anywhere at all on the internet.

Larry

Anonymous
happy
Vanessa,

Where are you located? I'm in Central FL and I'm looking for a serious relationship based on love and I'm divorced, NOT married.

I'm LRH1950 on POF.

I hope to hear from you,

Larry

jsmith

Anonymous
my daughter signed up for 1 month, told POF (Evow) to not bill her account for any additional amounts.and they have not cancelled but charged her 3 months, causing her account to be overdrawn. You can send them message through their website but no phone number. If you want to cancel you will have to apparently close your debit card/cking account with the bank. I WOULD BE VERY CAREFUL before dealing with these people. All lthey told her was that she agreed to their TERMS. Why would anyone site keep debiting your account once you have advised them in writing to cancel. SCAM!!!!!

Mad in Little Rock

Paul

Anonymous
Hello: I am a 63 year old Male and have been on POF for some time but a bout 4 months ago I Paid for the upgraded feature. One day my could not sign in? I e mailed them numerous times and received no responses?? I have asked for a refund but no response from them?? I signed up again and now my entire profile gets deleted everyday? I have no idea what game these people at POF are playing but there must be a governing body that I can report them too?? If anyone know who to report them to, please post it here. Thanks

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:18 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content