Online Dating & Relationships Forums

The forums on plenty of fish.com are literally insane

paul m

Anonymous
just read this... going through the descriptions, I'm thinking , men treated like crap, women bossy etc, sounds just like canada, ( I lived there for 7 years) and get to the bottom, and VOILA.... it IS CANADA.... says it all.... thats what they're like there... women all start out cute but soon grow into 200 pound dykes with butch haircuts and steel rimmed glasses dressed in baggy beige. men either old style macho, or new resurrected man and get dominated by women. women are overly empowered there.. ... glad I got out in time...
paul m

Rambling Nose

Anonymous
blah
The forums do have issues, volunteer moderators have too much power, and there's no checks/balances system so that multiple mods have to approve a flagging.
On the other hand they re trying to deal with a setup where trolling is commonplace, and they are trying to maintain some semblance of civility.
Calling the founder a Nazi is going a bit far.
He simply is doing his best to implement a fully automated system instead of hiring a huge staff to try and keep a lid on things.
Personally I think many of the users don't understand the way the system works.
I am highly amused to see people who comment in their profile, &/or a forum posting that they don't get many messages, but have mail settings blocking most of the (seeking: )types.(minus only the one they have chosen to classify as).

In the English language the meanings of each word:
Dating, Activity partner, casual dating, long term dating, hanging out, friends, ... and the list goes on.... and on ....all cover a pretty wide range of real-life behaviors, and most relationships, go through most of these activities at one point or another.
The fact that POF Forces you to ONLY chose one of those things, is in itself rather obtuse as most people really are not bent on only trying to find a single type of relationship., and people usually have no problem with the idea of a person perusing friendship with one person, (activity partner(tennis) with another, pen-pal with another, and a more significant relationship with someone else. That certainly happens constantly in real life, why should a cyber-contact initiating program be so narrowly restricting?
OH!, I forgot, it's a DATING site, not a social site ... HERUMPH!!!!!

oh yeah..ex pof member

Anonymous
Well just to bring this post upto date.. POF are now charging £80.00 a year for the "viewed me" feature! So its not a 100% free site at all is it!

60+ pages of complaints in the forums under one mod imposed thread. The mods have closed all other threads on the subject with thier normal abusive manner and banned people who have been irrated by thier actions. If you wonder who these so call moderators are someone has posted a few of them on pofreaks.

Pof sucks now (more than it ever did in the past). The site has so many fake profiles on it, ever wondered why when you messaged someone you get the "message sent" screen come up but its never shown in your "sent message" screen????? Its because its a POF fake profile used to bolster up thier admin active members, one clue is that they always have proffesional shot pictures.

My advice, stay away...if you want to use a paid site, there are much better ones out there.

Chris

Anonymous
I've been on and off POf a few time just hoping that things will get easier and that the attitues of memmers begin to improve.

I've never encountered such rudeness, nastyness and unplesentness fram any other site to that which I have whilst I've been on POF.

Girls on there just like to aim their anger at any genuine guy which plucks up the courage to message and has taken an interest in their profile.

It's certainly a site I won''t be recommending to any of my single friends.

Anon

Anonymous
blah

POf can work - just ask the guys over at the bodybuilding forums who get tons of messages (hint hint)) Wink which.
contrary to what women say, consist of "how r u", "wanna chat" "ur hot". Do remember, these are the same ones women complain about!

The site is horrendously flooded with fake automated profiles.Photos ripped from model galleries, bikini shoots, magazine girls, even people's Facebook/Myspace profiles! Also, inactive profiles (that haven't been used for years) remain on the site to make it appear there are more members.Hint: NEVER message anyone with a blank "About me"..this is generally a fake profile created by scripts.

I used to work with a small bunch of women. In their lunch break, they would all sit and think of ways to write misleading profiles, then have a giggle over how many guys messaged them. I even overheard "This guy messaged me saying Hi...ewww creepy".

The forum is infested with a group of much older bitter women who are not active on the site, just the forum. They look at any opportunity to vent, abuse, flame, even slander members, and are "allowed to do so", because the moderators are probably scared (lol). Watch for "blueyedblonde" "WomanInProgress" and the queen of them "Gwendylon".

Oh and a "staff" member made threats to kill a person. Enough said.

Plenty-of-Fakes

Anonymous
awake
Quote by: Anonymous

The forum is infested with a group of much older bitter women who are not active on the site, just the forum. They look at any opportunity to vent, abuse, flame, even slander members, and are "allowed to do so", because the moderators are probably scared (lol). Watch for "blueyedblonde" "WomanInProgress" and the queen of them "Gwendylon".

You are absolutely on the mark about the man-bashing bias on the forum of Plenty-of-Fish. Those particular individuals are all part of a gang led by the current moderator, miss_allison.

These are very angry people who basically bully and rant with impunity. Anyone who challenges them have their posts deleted and their posting privileges revoked.

Gwendolyn is probably the worst of the lot as she is the quintessential self-aggrandizing "know it all" (who rarely if ever know anything) that bashes people and runs to hide behind the moderator.

WomanInProgress is a long-time member that constantly posts her usual propaganda. In the past, before the Forums were taken over by the chief man-hater miss_allison, her posts were challenged by members who were both respectful and willing to debate the issue at hand (usually a short-man hatred rant, or something similar). In those days, she will have to run and retreat when she was backed into a logical "corner". However, now it's just "their" way or get banned.

Miss_allison is the poster child of arrogance and self-righteousness. Have a look at her profile and you can come to your own decision as to why she she typifies the angry woman-in-denial who shouldn't have the powers that the site owner has given to her.

The site should be shut down since it is really a haven for frauds, freaks and man-bashing women. On the male member side, it's just a sleazy darkened beer garden full of predators and fakes.

If you are looking for real romance. GO ELSEWHERE.

I like POF

Anonymous
POF has worked for me. Sure you get the fakes but what dating site doesn't have fakes or even Facebook.

You just have to know how to spot a fake, it is pretty easy.

I have met plenty of babes on this site over the last 2 years. I prefer it much more than trying to pick up chicks at bars and clubs.

3 cheers for POF!!!

Jane1234

Forum User
Oh my! I certainly don’t want to be a part of that! That is actually too much! We become members of boards to enjoy and mingle. Not to wage war against other people.

Max Attraction for Women

John

Anonymous
“I like POF” must work for Plenty of fish. Who would cheer a dating site?

Plenty of fish is okay. It works but there is a lot of crap that goes with it. There are too many women on the dating site who think they are high and mighty and too good for anyone. You also have to deal with people trying to lead you to other sites so you can sign on there for a membership.

I find I like okcupid better. It is a little more intellectual which seems to keep the people who just want to hookup off the site. Too bad match.com bought them. I hope it doesn’t go downhill now.

Jane1234

Forum User
I have seen this feedback quite a number of times about pof. Is it that bad? I mean why would several feedbacks pertain to one single negative aspect on the site? Not a good site if you would ask me. Seems intimidating.

Max Attraction for Women

All times are EST. The time is now 07:26 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content