Online Dating & Relationships Forums

The forums on plenty of fish.com are literally insane

JustDeb

Anonymous
...and to add to the above, yes it is a "free" site but for most of the time I was there i was a paid member. It just wasn't worth it.

anon

Anonymous
this site is terrible... i met a guy on there and we chatted for 2 weeks before arranging to meet... the night before he said he couldn't wait but then left me waiting with nothing on the day.... I'm guessing a lot of people have girlfriends already but are bored and when it comes to the crunch they can't follow through... just a bunch of jerks....

Prefer not to say

Anonymous
engineeringgirl 53 was the love of my life for three months until i discovered she had been on plenty of fish with three other guys

nature_philosopher....grogen...schmatzi looking for action!

Guys stay away from this one. She is a player.

Lise works as a civilian on the airforce base in comox b.c.

She has removed the pictures I took of her and posted there, but she just may pop up again as the same or different username.

Just be very aware guys. I thought she was a keeper. duh!

Rick

Anonymous
There are men out here that enjoy movies, dinner, theater, plays, long walks, have a wealth of family and friends, are extroverts, love children, have an excellent sense of humor and much more. Way more. We can do EVERYTHING you post that you're looking for. But lets be honest, You're looking for a GQ model with Trump money and a Zac Efron body. Well, let me tell you a fact. The man you're looking for ..... is looking for the same man you are.

Be truthful. Some of you have been on dating sites for years. Either you are on this site for sex (now that you've hit your second peak), are a professional dater or were so emotionally and physically abused, you don't want to give another man a chance. That's two bad. You women who don't post pictures are the majority that don't even respond. What's up with that ?

Personally, I cook, have a clean home, shop, shave, have my own business, am a member of many organizations, am an admired community member and an outstanding father and grandfather, but you'd never know, because you're stuck on yourselves.

one of the good ones

Pow

Anonymous
I'm so tired of hearing guys wine about online dating when there are so many wacky guys on these sites! Do not try to talk to or date this guy on POF - he will just lead you on, then ask you to meet him - 50minutes away nonetheless, then not show up! Then he will text you the next day and make fun of you for it (??) saying hey get over it. Who the hell am I even speaking to on POF - all the profiles are FAKE! I'm a single mom that works hard for a living and I'm a cool chill chic. What a waste of my time.

stay away from this one!!

Alisa

Anonymous
POF acts like a dictatorship and decides how people should or shouldn't date, what they should or shouldn't say, how they should or shouldn't act. Right on the website, it dictates what "definition" of love is and, if you don't agree with his criteria, you will never love or be loved (according to them). The worst part is that they delete profiles for no legitimate reason. If you put a "list of standards" on your profile, he will ban you because, according to POF, females should date any loser there is and can't be "rude". But guess what! If a female is going to be a hoe on her profile and doesn't describe her standards, she will be getting tons of sexual harassment messages from dudes who are rude and just want to get laid! You want to have a successful man with a good job?! Nope, can't put that on your profile either coz then POF will ban you for being "rude"! According to them, you MUST date any bum there is! And I know what you are thinking "well if this girl was getting tons of sexual harassment or rude messages why just not block them?" NOPE NOPE and again NOPE! If you block too many people then they block you back and, once you've been blocked by a certain number of users, guess what? You'll be BANNED!! Also, you might be thinking "well if this girl doesn't like Hispanics, just ignore them". NOPE!! If you ignore those dudes most of the time they block you and, once too many of them block you, you'll be BANNED again!!! Nice huh?!

Alisa

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

So twice in a week my profile was deleted for reasons that I can not figure out. I did not post any rude or vulgar pics, I did not post any email addresses, phone numbers or or non allowed information, just seems like out of the blue my account was deleted. AS for getting any answers from anyone forget it. I checked the rules and notice that one rule #8 in particular states "You will not post or transmit in any manner any contact information including but not limited to email addresses, "instant messenger" nicknames or contact information, telephone numbers, postal addresses, URLs, and full names through publicly posted information on the Website and through its Services." So my question then is how the hell you supposed to connect with anyone to meet them. Are you telling me especially for women they are supposed to just go meet someone somewhere without ever talking to them on the phone? That seems stupid. Anyway anyone else have any ideas as to why they randomly delete accounts?

It's says THROUGH PUBLICLY POSTED INFORMATION, meaning forums and other posts that everyone can see

Alisa

Anonymous

So twice in a week my profile was deleted for reasons that I can not figure out. I did not post any rude or vulgar pics, I did not post any email addresses, phone numbers or or non allowed information, just seems like out of the blue my account was deleted. AS for getting any answers from anyone forget it. I checked the rules and notice that one rule #8 in particular states "You will not post or transmit in any manner any contact information including but not limited to email addresses, "instant messenger" nicknames or contact information, telephone numbers, postal addresses, URLs, and full names through publicly posted information on the Website and through its Services." So my question then is how the hell you supposed to connect with anyone to meet them. Are you telling me especially for women they are supposed to just go meet someone somewhere without ever talking to them on the phone? That seems stupid. Anyway anyone else have any ideas as to why they randomly delete accounts?

One of the reasons this POF deletes your account is when too many users block you. Those can easily be people that you simply ignore, which makes them angry and they block you

sbpr

Anonymous
curious

POF is just a play site. Most people consider it little more than a sex site. Mostly what you have is a small pool of people taking turns "dating" each other. Women on the site are mostly looking for the guy a few notches above them. I'm sure for guys who enter the site thinking it's a dating site it can be quite frustrating. However, if you focus on women a few notches below yourself you can play there with quite some time. If you're looking for a reasonably equal match, you're wasting your time. It's a play site ... play. It's a fantasy land where BS is king.

And yes, quite a few women there are just looking for sex, except they need it wrapped in a pretty bow.

I am really surprised to read that pof is "a little more than a sex site". I would think it depends what you are looking for. I would say if you look at the surface, that is what you will get..... no depth, just a beautiful person on the outside. Maybe it depends on the age also? I can't see the profiles of women, being a woman, but I have heard "funny" things.
Don't give up.....
By the way, pof is no better or worse than Match, Zoosk, Elite Singles (this last one I think it is a complete bs)

Islandman4u2

Anonymous
I have been trying to delete my account with plenty of fish for a long time I cannot make that happen. I have been getting emails from women saying they have paid for my information to a marriage broker and would like to start a relationship . I believe plenty of fish has sold my information and now I cannot get off this website. After a lot of my time to drive down phone numbers or email numbers I got a hold of a call centre with a bunch of foreigners at it and is soon as I say I want to delete my account they hung up on me on four different occasions. They claim they have the most users on their website out of all the dating sites and I believe it's because they do not let anybody in raise their account. If this wasn't legitimate dating site they would have very easy access to talk to a customer service representative to help out their users. All of their contact information I have been able to find has not brought me the ability to contact anybody in regards to this issue.

All times are EST. The time is now 07:27 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content