Online Dating & Relationships Forums

POF CLOSED THE FORUMS

jackal44

Anonymous
Very true BA about your paranoia.. You really need to do some soul searching and introspection about why you have had so many issues with so many.

I know why the women did not like me, and it was simply their not liking my outspokenness and viewpoints espoused on the board. I feel proud that the cowgirl (whatever her name was) made me the focal point of her hate, her and volkano, etc. I mean face it, these women were completely and totally fuked up. The women who ignored me were the women who had their stuff together. In the end, no stable person should have cared what another person said on those boards. The only time I recall getting really angry at a poster was with funchesf, and that was because he attacked and mocked holocaust victims. Other people I thought were miscreants, but gave them little emotional energy...cept for MungoJoe because he truly was obnoxious, much like Frank was, only Joe was smarter than Frank. And I enjoyed arguing with Joe because of it.

Ah well, since I do not dwell on those boards, I am already forgetting the names of people.

Mr J Cash

Anonymous
Well, it only took three months longer than stated but POF finally completely shut down the forums.

~ J $ ~

Cat

Forum User
Junior
Yes I noticed that, wasn't it suppose to go offline by the end of June?

POF Formbie

Anonymous
Yep, we'll miss it. Why not have fun here, as some others have suggested? We'll need some topics. Here's a few:

How about that Trump?

Has the MeToo movement really set dating back 50 years?

There's a theory that a worldwide increase of 10% non-procreative sex could end famine, wars, rape and other issues. Junk science?

jackal

Anonymous
It would be great if this cite allowed for an off topics type of message board, maybe former forumites will gravitate to over here. And without the ability of the members to terminate profiles, this would be a far better place imho. If there are disruptive personalities, the mods here could take care of them, not based on rational and reasonable content though that other's don't agree with.

Not sure though the owner of this cite would tolerate an off topics board with lots of dissension.

cold0ero

Anonymous
Was I one of the few people that used the forums to find out the bots that were looking at my profile and see their profile? There was a trick that you could use that if you went to the forums and then clicked on someone's name, you took that URL and there was a place you could click on the result that would take you right to their profile. Was very useful.

lmao

Anonymous
is there 2 of you arguing with each other, or just one of you pretending to be a few...lmao

took one look at the so called POF forums and it was easy to see there were sock puppets posting to their alter ego..it was entertaining sometimes, but the constant mantra was booooooooring and brain foggy...y'all enjoy the repeat of yourselves on eeeeeeeeeerrrrre.

board should monitor the registration under same ip and a pseudo so it doesn't become a repeat, and might actually benefit some poor soul who just comes in for the read and research.

Cat

Forum User
Junior
Most people are posting anonymously in this topic. You should create a user account to lock in your username. This way you also get post notification emails.

Mr J Cash

Anonymous
Quote by: Cat

Most people are posting anonymously in this topic. You should create a user account to lock in your username. This way you also get post notification emails.

The anonymous posting is working just fine for now for me. If somebody wants to imitate me have at it. This is just an internet forum so absolutely no problem. If they post with my handle and are being a jerk (based on my opinion of course) I'll be sure to say something. If someone wants to register it for themselves, again... have at it.

A question I have for you Cat, and everybody else claiming to be a former POF forums member, Why the hell are you afraid to use the POF user name you were best (or at least last) known by? We have no idea of who any of you were there if you do not tell us. It also gives those who like to accuse everybody of being a sock puppet/catfish leeway to accuse you of being anybody - everybody they perceive being an enemy.

I did it. ata did it. Lurker did it. Hell, even Blondie did it after being shamed by ata and I.

Just saying.

~ J $ ~

jackal

Anonymous
Well I locked in the Jackal profile. If I ever need it I will use it.

I never really bought in to sock puppets on POF, mainly because most people wouldn't make the effort to do so. I created numerous throw away profiles at the same time, but only because I had so much difficulty keeping a profile going. And literally, it took me less time to create a profile than it took to terminate it.

Anybody can get around the typical cite restrictions. It is easy to change IP addresses, even without using a VPN, Towards the end, to create profiles on POF, I had to provide my cell phone and email. Not sure if they started doing that to everyone, but I just went to a site that allowed you to create an email for ten minute use, or a fake cell phone number.

Credit cards might be one way, but anybody can order a credit card in a fake name so long as they are linked to a master credit card. though that is more difficult. And besides, requiring people to pay for a forum will probably result in the loss of a lot of people, unless they are already paying members to be part of a particular dating cite.

Driver's license numbers can be faked.

If somebody wants to post somewhere, nothing can really stop them.

All times are EST. The time is now 02:56 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content