Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Is okcupid still a good dating site?

Reese

Anonymous
This is the first time I will be using a dating app. I tried online dating 10 years ago where I met my ex-husband. I plan to return to the dating pool this month since my divorce with my husband has been finalized. I am busy with work and have zero male single friends that I am interested in. I don't really want to be setup by friends anyways since they will want to know all the details of the dates when they happen.

I used okcupid with success when I first was online dating, I know a lot has changed in 10 years... is it still a good dating site?

bob

Anonymous
feedback is all bad news on this site.. exercise due diligence afore handing over money and CC details

I stopped my paid membership several years ago after realizing that MANY of the Women's profiles showed to me were fake (many often stating "looking for Men 28-99"Wink. They run a special re-join for $15.00 about every 6 months, I reluctantly rejoined for the "20% off" price in order to be able to see who "liked" my profile over the last 12 months (you can't see that unless you pay)... What I got was shown Women in the age groups "60, 65, 70, 75" and additionally Men and Transgenders... All of which I am totally not into and have my preferences set to not be shown any of that. After complaining all I got was B.S. replies back from cust. serv. I stopped my paid membership. OKCUPID is owned by Match.com.

OkCupid used to be a decent dating app. But ever since it was acquired by IAC in 2011, OkCupid has steadily gotten worse. They have removed many of the features of the original app. You can no longer see who has visited your profile. In addition, they have made it very difficult to get a message to someone who you might be interested in dating: Two people have to both "like" each other and "match" first, before you can exchange messages with each other. Worst of all, it's populated with fake accounts and scammers: I had to resort to doing reverse image searches on any profile photo that looked attractive - in a futile attempt to screen out the vast number of users who misrepresent themselves with bogus pics copied and pasted from the Internet. Don't waste your time with this crappy dating app!

jock

Anonymous
This site has no verification process. This site has nothing but scammers from northern Africa and the Ukraine. The only real people there are 1000s of miles away. 99 percent of contacts try to move you offsite by getting a phone number, then they ask for money. No one should be able to put up a profile without photo Id verification. Until they do that it's pure bs. I could personally care less about a photo posted. I want to know about the person. They have attempted to make it like Tinder and no one you pick ever matches. It's not trans friendly because of this. Straight trans haters select your photo and then find out you are trans and troll you instead of walking away. Bottom line stay away from this and all match sites unless you have lots of money. Scammers are going to ask you for money multiple times daily.

All times are EST. The time is now 05:55 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content