Online Dating & Relationships Forums

BE2 dating website IS A SCAM!!!!

neo

Anonymous
silly
I paid for a month subscription after countless emails from be2 basically saying i have messages from people and need to pay to read them. nowhere did i read any statement stating they will do automatic renewal and that the contract is for a year. strangely i began to receive spam calls from UK frequently. so they did pass my details to third parties. the people on the site look crap and are dodgy. anyway i bagan to be suspicious and so googled reviews to find they are a scam. so less than 24 hours of subscription i called my bank first to report it as fraud so transaction was cancelled and they got no money. i emailed them after to cancel subscription and automatic renewal. after a day they responded with a long email to tell me i cannot cancel subscription and that i will continue to pay for a year. here is what they say in their correspondence:
Hello,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately a withdrawal from your contract is no longer possible. This is because you have already used the services for which you paid, including unlimited message reading, writing, and unrestricted photo viewing.

We have cancelled for you as a goodwill gesture to avoid any further renewal and your Premium Membership will expire on the 12/03/2019 and you will not be billed again after this date.

Please note that cancellation only stops the renewal at the end of your subscription. Your Premium Membership status will remain for the full period you ordered (3, 6, or 12 months). If you are paying via installments, the scheduled payments will continue until the last installment is received.

On 12/02/2019 you paid for a 1 month premium membership plan for the total price of 19.96€.

This corresponds to a weekly amount of 4.99€.

When you purchased a premium membership, you saw the different options on the first payment page with the corresponding monthly amount (on the app it showed the weekly amount). This is so you can see that premium memberships with a longer term are cheaper in total. After you selected the length of your membership, you were directed to the payment details page.

Before you entered your payment data, the weekly or monthly equivalents were displayed for a better overview but the amount was also shown as a single payment, see attached.

We are sorry that you did not read the information about the full price to be paid. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
be2 customer service

be2 S.à.r.l. 13 rue du Commerce, L-1351 Luxembourg
Commercial Register, B 123206
Managing Director: Laetitia Pateau

Nat

Anonymous
grumpy
I agree. This website is set up to entrap potential users into paying more than they realise they will pay.

I selected what I thought looked like $29.95 for one month - they took $299.95 for, it turns out only six months!!! Though I have tried to cancel and request that payment back the very next day I realised they’d taken the $300, they tell me they will cancel but not refund!!
Also you get seven matches per day - you can’t search the whole site like other (cheaper and better) sites. What am I paying for??

I’m pretty angry as it is a scam site.

DO NOT USE THIS SITE OR ITS SITER SITE SINGLES50. Both are the same.
I have been stung twice by the same scammer ‘dating’ company. MAD!!

Maggi

Anonymous
grossedout
they are *censored*! they just did the same to me in Sweden! this is how they make buisness! also their members, at least 70%of them have NO PHOTOS in their profiles! proberbly fake profiles made by Be2! they advertize on instagram where i got curious bc of the personality test!! WARNING DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEESE SCAMMERS
will make a police report tomorrow!!

Anonymus

Anonymous
Its a scam site,been dealing also with these thieves... Just interrupt anything related to them,credit cards,id information and all the talk,DO NOT RESPOND IN THE MAIL unless you have all the police,European bureau and all the authorities in copy Smile))))),anyway they respond very hard via email, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR INFORMATION SO THEY CAN STOP THE CONTRACT... NEWS Flash : There is no contract ! Smile)))))

Trish

Anonymous
angry
I signed up for this probably over a year ago. I never used any of their “recommendations” especially the females when I asked to meet males! Most of the profiles don’t have photos. Ridiculous if you ask me. Anyway, I thought I had cancelled my access as this is the poorest site I had used. Promptly forgot about it until they charged my credit card again! Several pointed emails later and they now tell me that they are sad to see me leave! Who are they kidding! Never, ever touch this site!

All times are EST. The time is now 05:45 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content