Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Where is Facebook?

Due Diligence

Anonymous
Anyone know when Facebook is going to officially get in the dating game? Im so sick of Mandy Ginsberg (CEO of Match aka PoF, Tinder, and OKCupid) scamming us all I would like to see some viable competition.

Sick of Wading through fake and dead accounts that Match and cohorts keep on their sites to scam us into thinking there are more users than there really are.

PoF: is 60% scammers, 20% dead accounts, 10% full of themselves, and maybe 10% actual users interested in dating.

Tinder: is a joke and now wants your phone number to sign on....sorry I dont give my phone number out to someone I dont personally know.

OKC: has tanked itself with their new female friendly crap where you cant see who you sent a message to or who might be interested in you.

Bumble: super scammers...front load all these super women in the beginning and then they have to send a message to you for you to speak to them. Why should we even bother picking women if its completely reliant on them to talk to us first?

Golfer

Anonymous
According to this article it looks like Facebook has started testing their dating feature with their employees in August. This is a good indication that they are getting close to release to the public. I would think sometime this fall, a few months yet.

I assume Facebook wants it out and being used by the holiday season as that time to Valentines Day is the busiest period for online dating.

jed

Anonymous
scammers will just concoct fake accounts on FB when they get going ..they would have to check passports and bank accounts to be sure of IDs and then scammers will get round that too as theres a lot of money at stake from scamming innocent victims..swamp needs draining

Due Diligence

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

scammers will just concoct fake accounts on FB when they get going ..they would have to check passports and bank accounts to be sure of IDs and then scammers will get round that too as theres a lot of money at stake from scamming innocent victims..swamp needs draining

I agree but it really isnt hard to track most of the scammers. They have certain "Tells" such as scammer grammar and other indicators that FB can easily track or anyone for that matter. There is one group on PoF that always ends all their names in alphanumeric code (im guessing for tracking their scams) such as betty_e7fd as an example. Not hard to set up "Wireshark and catch the whole ip range and shut them out.

You almost wonder if Match (Match, PoF, Tinder, and OKC) cleaned out all the inactive accounts and then simply "trapped" the scammers how many "Real" accounts there would be. I can safely estimate about 40% of PoF and Match would be gone. Which means they dont really try as it would kill their supposed millions of subscribers. Any other company would get sued for fraud but dating sites regularly scam their own customers.

all bogus BS

Anonymous
i would say fake accounts on POF are more like %60 as profiles and photos are on there for more than 6 years afaics..the same women pop up year after year and are just bogus as they never seem to ever get fixed up ..fake or dormant accounts IMO

all

Anonymous
As quoted

Facebook then requests that employees use only “dummy” data for their profiles, and assures testers that their data will be deleted before the official launch. The page ends with a warning alluding to the toxic environment that many encounter on dating platforms : "As a reminder, Facebook policies such as harassment and code of conduct apply to all dogfooding activities.

toxic indeeed

All times are EST. The time is now 10:23 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content