Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Bumble versus Tinder Experiences

Fiver

Anonymous
I am a guy in his early 30's who has been told he is better looking than most others, say a 7 or 8 out of 10. I started out on Tinder and I also installed Bumble soon after. I have been using both apps for a few months now but I am finding that I get more and better matches on Bumble.

I am not a huge fan of online dating as I have used it before about 5 years ago when I was single and the amount of garbage profiles I saw left a bad taste in my mouth.

With Bumble I can't really complain too much Smile I match with maybe 1 in 5 females that I swipe right on. They are good looking and match almost the cuteness of my previous girlfriends. I only swipe right on girls that I am interested in which I know for a guy is usually not the case. I have found I need something in common with the girl interest wise and she needs to be intelligent. Attraction is also important as well. I don't date trashy. I find that Bumble are matching with women who are not up to the attractiveness that I am use too. I am in school and finishing up my PhD so the women I see are better educated.

With Tinder my matches are horrible. My average match is much less attractive and the ones that are hot are very trashy. I do get mutual matches but not near the level of Bumble. With Tinder I also swipe right less than compared with Bumble. With Tinder it seems like a lot more effort and less result.

Does anyone else have the same experience? Anyone use the combination of both with good results that ended in a relationship. What is your strategy?

Mich

Anonymous
I agree with Fiver that Bumble has much better quality of women than Tinder. Big Grin

There are negatives to the Bumble dating service like some women not replying. This most likely is due to inactive profiles but that happens on all dating sites to varying degrees. Still I have had a much better experience on Bumble in my area. On Tinder all the profiles are obvious fakes or look like they belong in an episode of Jersey Shore.

Bumble Dude

Anonymous
embarrassed
Ha, your situation mirrors my experiences exactly.

When I used Tinder I would occasionally get a decent-looking classy women but the problem was half the time it was not an active profile.

I have a much better experience on Bumble. Big Grin

All times are EST. The time is now 01:09 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content