Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Elite Singles a big Scam

Basma

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

never give your card details to online date outfits as they will never stop hitting on it

I leaned this the hard way. Elite seems like a scam to me. They do what they want with your account..

Angie

Anonymous
Sooo glad I read these, sorry you've all been caught but thank you for posting x

Anonymous

Anonymous
angry
I have recently returned to NZ from temporary work contracts in the U.K. After spending hours registering a new profile I received an email from Customer Care a few days later saying their security checks show it 'appears' I am located in the U.K. and consequently they have removed my profile. I challenged this saying their assumption was based on outdated information and they responded saying I need to join the UK site. I challenged again asking why should I join U.K. site when I'm now based in NZ!!! And why didn't they ask my circumstances first before abruptly removing my profile. No response nor apology for wasted effort in setting up my profile. Emailed again twice asking for evidence to support their security checks. Still no response. Completed customer care survey and no response. Exceptionally poor customer care!!!

nestharus

Anonymous
Read their TOS. In it, you can actually go so far as to cancel your account and get a refund. The amount of hoops you have to jump through to enact this is insane though. Atleast, this was part of their TOS when I signed up long ago. I managed to cancel my account within a week and got a full refund. There was a stipulation in the TOS that only UK Residents could get a refund. I am a US citizen and still managed to get one : ).

They have not charged me since. They did not close my account either. They just made it a free account, taking away the sub.

Anonymous

Anonymous
curious
As others have mentioned, in over 3 months every single messages I have received 10+ were deemed scam or fake by elite singles. Not one meaningful exchange in 3 month. A huge waste of time!

funnygrl

Anonymous
E-Harmony is the same; many fake members or trolls. Most of these dating sites have very long Terms of Service which most people can't be bothered to read. My advice is spend the extra time reviewing the contract before entering your credit card info. If you are good at navigating the websites however, you will find that you can turn off auto-renewal and also find instructions on how to cancel your account when your last payment has gone through.
I'm going back to meeting men the old-fashioned way, through friends or social groups that I've joined. :-)

University Rules

Anonymous
brainy
Very funny coming from an individual who can't even spell the word "beware"

Elite dating is a site for well educated professionals looking to connect with like minded people

Perhaps you might have better luck on the lower end dating sites?

Cindy

Anonymous
Elite is not a real dating site. It is a scam to take your money. Not only will you not find someone to date, you won't even meet anyone online to chat with. Its bizarre, its as if its designed to insure you DONT ever communicate with anyone on the site. Perhaps they do this for a reason, so people don't start talking about the fact that its completely ineffectual and just a scam.

ted

Anonymous
must be BOTs again .no real people at work

Florida

Anonymous
angry
It is SCAM!!! I am so sorry I didn't do the research before.
I become a member in 07/01/2017
They don't have any member. They matched me with about 10 people in radius of 300 miles and I truly believe half of the profiles ere not real members.
They charged my card with 6 month $180 membership even if I give them approval only for 1 month.
I tried to contact their customers service, well they don't have any.
All what you can find about them is fax number in Germany. I tried to fax them, but the fax was not working.

All times are EST. The time is now 09:59 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content