Welcome to Dating Sites Reviews

Les

Anonymous
I joined Stitch when it was first introduced in Australia. I am a 73 year old male, separated several years ago and re-located to semi regional NSW Australia.
Initially I found Stitch quite frustrating because of the methodology of the system, although I had never been a member of any other dating/social site to compare it with. Stitch is a dynamic institution, with organisers that DO LISTEN to what the members want and modify if it appears justified.
It is only when one realises that it is a SOCIAL site much more than a dating one that the magic nature of Stitch becomes apparent. I had NEVER been involved in forums before and even avoid Facebook. However, I discovered the Stitch Forums and apart from having heaps of fun (I should say FUN in caps) and have now made friends all over the world, some of them have really become very good friends.
I have NEVER been on a Stitch "date" as such, but have met many wonderful people on many of the outings that are ALL organised by the members themselves.
The forums really are a barrel of laughs and no one has their arm twisted to post or even read a topic they don't want to. Yes, there are certainly differences of opinion. Isn't that what makes the world an interesting place.
I know I have posted at the same time as many other Stitchers, the obvious reason for that is that most of us were only just made aware of this discussion.
If you are looking for a "dating site", then you probably should look elsewhere. But if you are over 50 and want to broaden you social life, give Stitch a go. But PLEASE, don't knock it if you haven't tried it. You may be pleasantly surprised at where it can lead, possibly in directions that you had never considered.

Uralba

Anonymous
I was a member of Stitch for nearly 12 months but recently decided to leave because of the constant bullying on their chat forums.

Stitch is very slow to react to bullying and what ever steps they take to try and stop it definitely do not work!

There are a couple of women on the forums and low and betide any man who would post a topic that they don't like.

Stitch is a place that I am glad no longer to be apart of!

Barry

Anonymous
I was a member of Stitch for some time but left because of the constant bullying that goes unchecked.
There are women on the stitch forum that will badger, harass any male who puts up a topic that they don't like.
So save your money and your peace of mind!

UKNOWN

Anonymous
Hello,

So if your Company is still growing, why would you charge a membership knowing that that person would not find a friend/romantic connection in Dallas, TX while everyone is pretty much located in the UK? Why not do a trial of 4-6 Months or something? I am a female and do not want to pay you every month to find another female friend. I came here to find a relationship and soul mate.

Kiesha

Anonymous
Haven't tried Stitch yet (came to this site to learn more), but to those negative few who jumped all over others for posting positive experiences (including the founder, who's efforts I appreciate...and no, I don't know him or anyone else), well... it's pretty clear that being so critical, suspicious, and yes, even paranoid, will keep you single... and lonely. If you don't want to take any chances in life, fine, but denigrating what you yourself haven't even experienced says more about you then those you're criticizing.

fairplay

Anonymous
To Kiesha and others who have never tried Stitch-

It seems you are lashing out on Stitchers for no good reason. Join, engage, put your "money where your mouth is" is my suggestion. People have different experiences on sites, particularly of seeking romance; pard, dismount from your nag.

Wendysue

Anonymous
angry
I might as well have set $100 on fire. What a waste, kind of scammy for dating. I am not bad looking, interesting, and had a pretty nice profile. Not ONE response. Not even inappropriate ones . NOTHING. I wrote to them to complain, and they did write back and strangely, some guys" stitched" me ( but did not write anything. I stitched back, never heard anything. Scam. Ugh.

walter

Anonymous
I am not a member.76 yr old. On a website called senior people meet (SPM). I am good looking. educated funny and have grand kids. Divorced not by choice. I have read all the reviews. I think those that are not members. need to reconsider the age of the site and it's long term potential. So why am I writing this? a long story.

Simply because for the 4 months I have been on SPM I have been solicited by 4 prostitues and 6-7 scammers/spammers. Also I am sad to say that the women are rude in NOT communicating that they are NOTinterested. Simply NO response. You never know if they open up your message. And there are many that do not take the time to read my profile and constantly flirt to the point I have to block them after stating "I am sorry but your not a good match". You may ask why I am bocking them? well I am 5 ft 8" tall.. 155 pounds. I do not like OBESE women who are desperate for a man. Some are so unkept they look like men.
ARE you getting the picture. I have been on 4 meetings/dates. All looking 10-20 years older than their photo. NO honesty there.

IN conclusion, I started to reseach dating over 65 and came across STITCH.net.. I have yet to join but welcome a site where I can have pen pals of both sexes, friends both ways and hopefully a lady that will appreciate me for who I am and not how big my wallet is. I intend to join the site as soon as I move to another area of TX. If anyone wants to bash my 2 cents. Walk in my shoes first. I could have made this humorous but it is a serious issue with me and I can imagine other men also. God Bless you all and I hope to join your communuty soon.

Kate

Anonymous
I just stumbled across this site. I have put a review on productreview.com.au. It is the only review, and is positive. I think Stitch is an excellent site. Dating in this demographic is tough, especially for women. We greatly out number the men. If a man is good quality- looks OK, health OK, normal personality, financially solvent he generally wants a woman considerably younger than himself. It really is slim pickings for a lass like me, and that is not the fault of Stitch.

I'm in Sydney and there are plenty of events to attend. Some of the members are very proactive. I can't get to much as I work full time, and do shift work, but I love the blogs.

It is far and away the best dating/ friendship site available, and not expensive. Customer service is prompt and effectiveI. Andrew, the CEO and founder attends the monthly Sydney meet and greets. This is in stark contrast to most sites which are deliberately incredibly difficult to contact and have various ways to conceal the fact that they have few genuine members, and it is impossible to find out who runs them.

You can search profiles if you pay more.

It would be great if more men joined, and if they attended the events. One way to boost the male membership is for members to encourage men of their acquaintance to join. These blokes would be spoiled for choice.

For now I will keep blogging and go to events when I can Smile

All times are Eastern Daylight Time. The time is now 11:22 AM.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content