Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Elite Singles any Good?

Anonymous

Anonymous
artistic
For me it has been a complete waste of time and money. Not one decent match in the 3 months I have been signed up. I contacted them about canceling my membership a few weeks in because they hadn’t sent a single person I would be interested in and was told there were no refunds. I would not recommend EliteSingles to anyone.

Bly

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

Don't waste your money!! I wish I had read the reviews before I joined Elite Singles. Anything but Elite. I too would only receive one or two "matches" a day. Most of these profiles had no photos and were over a hundred miles away! My profile was rarely viewed, and many times it was viewed by someone clear across the country and not the type of person I was looking for. Remember, you have no control. You can't search or look up profiles. They also control who sees your profile. Customer Service is a joke. You cannot call anyone, emails are responded to days later from someone in another country. They are form answers that keep telling you how to use the website and "relax" your search criteria! This website is comparable to driving 200 miles away, putting a blindfold on and walking into a bar.

I AGREE with jJM! I am a woman and this is my experience:

Unethical site. Elite asks questions for a "Personality Profile" without telling clients that detailed psychological and emotional information from some psychological test will be publicly revealed. Elite reveals not just a chart, but some full pages of a psychological profile to all members THEY choose, not ones you choose. This practice can make a member vulnerable to matches wanting to prey on someone vulnerable. IF you request your Personality Profile be removed, they will NOT....unless you forfeit your membership fee and your account closed. There is NO room for negotiation once they have your personal information and money. Elite will NOT advise you of the fact that psychological and emotional profiling will be released - and without your permission. If you read their contract, you won't find this.

The men Elite chose as my "matches" were most definitely NOT men I could ever be interested in. Their very personal Psychological Profile was available IN DETAIL for me to read - and mine to them!

Stay away if you value your privacy and money. I have taken action against EliteSingles and have sent them several messages. No need for me to check the box below!

EliteSingles is a Dangerous site - please protect your privacy!

Kelly

Anonymous
I went through the almost one hour process to register. But then I couldn't view or access anything because I was asked to pay. That wasn't even a problem as I was willing to pay. But then I saw the "automatically renew after 6 months bla bla bla" and that "you could only cancel by sending them an email bla bla bla". These were CLEAR SUSPICIOUS SIGNS to me. Why would anyone "automatically renew" my membership for me if they are not after my money? Why can't I do the cancellation myself? Why is there no phone number? Why cancel by sending an email? These questions lead me to search for their reviews. Thank goodness I was smarter than them. CLEARLY A SCAM!!

secret

Anonymous
grumpy
This site is the absolute worse. I am still working a full time job, I am in mid 50's white woman. All matches sent to me are way over 50 miles away, are over 60, and 98% of the matches they send me are non-white. I wrote to them 2 times already and this is the reply: Thank you for your reply.

"I am sorry to hear that your matches are outside your requested preferences.
We always aim to offer you matches that meet your distance requirements, but please understand that we prioritise sending matches that are compatible with your psychological profile.
Sometimes a match won’t meet your preferences because they are highly compatible with you! We will still send them despite what you’ve selected under your criteria settings.
Alternatively, you may not receive local matches if you are located in an area that is less densely populated. For this reason, we recommend expanding your search radius rather than sticking to 50 miles/km.
We encourage you to contact the matches from further afield anyway! You may find that you get along well even if they are not local."

So I am supposed to spend $32.00 one way in tolls and drive over 50 miles to meet someone that possibly I have no interest in. If it does work out how often can you really see the person??

a smart person who fell for this scam

Anonymous
hopeful
I am a super smart person but i fell for this con because I was emotional. You must be careful because they talk as if they understand you and they will help you.
Also, they keep in in a little room and talk to you for a long while until you are tired then they close in for the kill, so to speak.
Please please, don't talk to them and if you do, take a friend with you or do it during the middle of the day, preferably in public area so you don't get con into something that is not even real.
There is a sense of justice that I failed here but i want to warn others not to do this. Their website and people call you to get you into "interview" are all a scam to get your money and provide "service" that any stranger on the street can do.
It is no different than the phone scams you get, not sure why no one take them to court to shut this done. I tried to report this to better business bureau, and the busienss is not even on the list, not sure what name the business is operate under...
In general, a creepy scam and please please don't fall for it no matter how helpful they present themselves!!!

ged

Anonymous
A scam, I paid up to date but found it really difficult to cancel. The after my membership end date arriving and my profile loosing membership privileges. They are now threatening legal action for me to continue. Scam, Scam, Scam

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:26 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content