Online Dating & Relationships Forums

First Dates - What do you do?

Kristin

Forum User
Just be yourself and be attentive to your partner.

taniash

Forum User
excited
Eye-contact - the main thing as for me. maximum allowed - kiss on the cheek.

VitalPartners

Forum User
cheerful
Yes, it's true that planning a perfect dating idea can be stressful as you never know whether the other person whom you will be meeting may like your theme and idea you prepared for a date. In fact, the most convenient option is to keep it simple like having a candle light dinner or a weekend brunch (something different) or may be pubs as chatting over drinks is a good way to know each other.

Marsha

Forum User
Just be friendly, be yourself, engage your date in friendly chat, ask your date about his/her hobbies, likes and dislikes. Discuss things that the both person like. Don't do anything beside a good chat.

Turbandit

Forum User
A first date is always a decision maker for any relationship so this should be always a perfect one. Wherever you take her doesn't matter but what matters is how represent yourself and try to please her. You can do many things to make her laugh, make her feel good, praise her and do everything that she likes and wants to go for an another date with you. Also offer her flowers, flowers will do great on your part.

pro100pk2

Anonymous
invite a girl to a nice restaurant Smile

Devon

Forum User
I was searching for date ideas in forums. It depends on what type person you are and if you want to create a memorable experience. My first dates are usually dinner and just talking about goals and likes and dislikes. You can always go the safe route with coffee or dinner. I would not suggest a movie, it is not good way to 'get to know one another' or any other show or concert type of things. You will be spending money, time, and attention with the girl so before you do you want to see if all of it is worth it. You can do the following if you are male:

- Take control and make the suggestion and be resolute. Not a dictator style but listen to her suggestion as well. Confident and resolute men is what women want. You want to say I want to do .... I am sure we will enjoy it.

- Make it a place to create conversation and laughs

- Most importantly be yourself and just have fun when trying to see if you two will mesh.

If you are in major city go here they have great suggestions on date ideas https://www.vimbly.com/nyc
We went to dinners in the dark and we almost died from laughter.

Louise

Anonymous
Don't pretend to be someone else, because it won't be long before us women will find the real you.

willnilly

Forum User
Confidence is very important. It makes your date more comfortable and they would feel more at ease taking to you. I came out as a lesbian a few years back and it was very hard for me at the beginning. But I knew the person I wanted to be and the life I wanted to live so the decision of that choice made me stronger and helped build up my courage. Building confidence and comfort is what matters the most.

Hawk

Forum User
Personally l think the best thing you can do , apart from having nerves of course but , is just be yourself.
Dress comfortably too in things you would normally wear .
And yeah l agree just keep it simple , coffee or something. You just need to meet and spend some time together , see what happens , how it feels.

Funny though , one l met on a date site earlier on , she was 4hrs away so that was it , l was staying the night. On the couch that was.
Quite funny really. She was a nice girl but l had no inclination to sneak into her room in the middle of the night.
Next day we sat around a few hours having breaky and talking but we both knew there wasn't much there and later l said goodbye and we cuddled and that was that.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:32 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content