Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Even my MOTHER thinks women in my dating group (40's-50's) are crazy

firebird

Anonymous
angry
I began telling my mother (who may be one of the few saints around) about women and at first, she though I was just being 'dramatic' when I told her about the woman, the dating world, etc.

But she is a news junkie and whe has recently come to agree with me much to her surprise that I was RIGHT.

She listens to a lot of call in shows on the radio at night and a lot of woman say they want the rich guys that can provide them with a great life.

And as the boomers reach retirment, they will want a guy that has money to provide a retirement that they never earned, lost, or whatever.

I have TWO pensions and I am only 49 and have been fully retired since I was 45.

Am I sharing them with a woman.

NO F* cking way.

Yo0u women ignored me for bad boys when I needed you in my early years and while I was not rich, I had a real career which had retirement as a benefit. Reitirement seemed so far away when you were in your 20's and 30's.

You want the cool car, place to live, etc.

But in a few more years, I bet I will be fought over but while I may let the bidding way begin (assuming it does), I will dole out money on my terms. There will be no more marriages or we split the money (my money) 50-50.

irishgirl

Anonymous
angry
..oh dear..you sound rather disillusioned..and the bitterness comes through in spades..may I suggest..if you ever want to find love true..drop the attitude and the barriers and thinking every female is 'out to get you for dosh'..you sound like you want some kind of revenge for rejection early in life..not going to happen..only person end up miserable is you..good luck anyways..

firebird

Anonymous
I was basically a very nice man who for 20 plus years did want to find someone to love and share my pension and other benefits when I retired. I became disabled and retired much earlier but I actually have more income when I retire (long story) than I did working. So if my ex wife had stayed for a couple of more years instead of dumping me for husband number 4, then I would have loved to have shared my retirement with her. As for other women, they all want the rich, go geter and the honest ones will admit it. All you have to do is read between the line. As for being unhappy, I rarely see anyone happy. So I have a LOT of company.

franny

Anonymous
cheerful
Big Grin It's too bad you feel the way you do. Were you husband #3, just out of curiousity? I have been married, but it's better to be poor & happy than fiancially off & unhappy with someone. I can speak for myself that I am not a gold digger, infact I if I was to settle down with someone, I would want a prenup drawn up. I may not be ready to retire but wouldn't want to have to divide up what I would go into a committed relationship with nor would I want the other person to feel that way either. Loving & sharing life with someone is something I still believe can happen. Hopefully, you won't meet anyone as I think you will be to caught up in thinking they are out for your cash for the relationship to work.

jd@aol.com

Anonymous
magical
Quote by: firebird<p>I was basically a very nice man who for 20 plus years did want to find someone to love and share my pension and other benefits when I retired. I became disabled and retired much earlier but I actually have more income when I retire (long story) than I did working.

So if my ex wife had stayed for a couple of more years instead of dumping me for husband number 4, then I would have loved to have shared my retirement with her.

As for other women, they all want the rich, go geter and the honest ones will admit it.

All you have to do is read between the line.

As for being unhappy, I rarely see anyone happy. So I have a LOT of company.</p>

Just remember guys want girls that are hot, sexy and to please them so since women are responsible for BRINGING PEOPLE IN THE WORLD IT ONLY MAKES SENSE TO PICK A MAN WHO IS FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE before building a nest with little mouths to feed. By the way if guys brought people into the world they would be looking for the same thing....unfortunately genetically they are built differently!

HappyLady

Anonymous
I'm so happy (sorry Lord) to find that my ex is very old (65) man with a cancer, no girlfriend, old grumpy and selfish man, who been betray his family 12 yers ago. And I'm still young and attractive lady with a good body, 139 pounds. So he has now what he choose many years ago. I don't feel any pity for this man with reach retirment, NO ONE WOMAN WANT HIM!!!!

oliviaharis

Anonymous
Maturity changes what one looks for in the opposite sex (I think the same is true for teen boys vs adult men). Once one reaches adulthood and matures more, a man's achievements, intelligence, goals, worth ethic become more important. Though, again that depends on the individual. Some women will always put appearances ahead of all other traits, and some will always put intelligence or work ethic ahead of all other traits.
-----------------
oliviaharis

hunter1

Anonymous
giggly
yeah well we all know what men want.

Gone are the days where the Mistress got the penthouse apartment, sportscar, fancy clothes, long gloves, hat boxes (were there ever any hats in there?) fancy holidays, jewelry. Now all women are expected to provide our own goodies, be fantastic lovers, be fit healthy, young looking, excellent mothers, working very, very hard - oh and the men still get the sex. Even wives, it appears are not to expect anything from a man, while giving him her love, warmth, body, and that which no man can provide: Children. Men being in a role of Provider did balance things a little, but of course it's the age we foolishly believe is synonomous with 'equality', where in the face of women constantly giving, we MUST not expect a man to give.

HappyLady

Anonymous
happy
I can see clear that most women after 45 still look great, also are the intellectual, smart, beautiful!!!
And if you look for man after 58, ( sorry Lord), are looked awfully!, just POT BELLIES Oops! !

So, smart woman does not require money from "pot bellies" because she can make money herself!!!

firebird

Anonymous
Quote by: jd@aol.com

Quote by: firebird<p>I was basically a very nice man who for 20 plus years did want to find someone to love and share my pension and other benefits when I retired. I became disabled and retired much earlier but I actually have more income when I retire (long story) than I did working.

So if my ex wife had stayed for a couple of more years instead of dumping me for husband number 4, then I would have loved to have shared my retirement with her.

As for other women, they all want the rich, go geter and the honest ones will admit it.

All you have to do is read between the line.

As for being unhappy, I rarely see anyone happy. So I have a LOT of company.</p>

Just remember guys want girls that are hot, sexy and to please them so since women are responsible for BRINGING PEOPLE IN THE WORLD IT ONLY MAKES SENSE TO PICK A MAN WHO IS FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE before building a nest with little mouths to feed. By the way if guys brought people into the world they would be looking for the same thing....unfortunately genetically they are built differently!

To this poster,

Women who bleive this should not complain that men want the best looking woman they can get and the youngest. The old ones that are 40 plus complain all the guys want 20 year olds. So using the above poster's logic. WHY WOULD men not look for the prettest woman they can get so they can have good looking kids. Or have a trophy wife. It works both ways and there are just so many top 190 percenters out there in terms of money and looks and availablity.

But honestly, it is a crock of crap about womane deserving a rich guy or a guy deserving a supermodel.

There is very littel actual dating on line and one dae with the economy the way it is and the fact that people are beginning to realize that on line dating is jjust a time waster, this type of dating will die-and i can't wait.

All times are EST. The time is now 08:34 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content