Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Long Distance Relationship (online)

ArtsperianLeo

Anonymous
artistic

"My thoughts about a long distance relationship is through this quotes:

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart" --Helen Keller and
"Distance means so little when someone means so much".

Dating_thoughts

Anonymous
Long distant relationships definitely can be tough although there can be some good points to them as well. For example spending whole weekends together rather than just evenings. However long distance relationships can be more difficult to balance as for some people it is not something which comes naturally.

Kristin

Forum User
I had distance relationships (we lived in one country, but in diff cities) and now I live with my boyfriend. Smile Trains each two weeks, quarrels, phone calls, a few times we tried to break up, but we couldn't live without each other. We made it and now we are together. What's the secret? Strong feelings and strong desire to be with your love.

Marsha

Forum User
Long distance relationship works only if you get to meet him or her after every few days on weekends and try to change it into regular relationship.

NicholasCatrow

Forum User
I`m also in online relationship from last 1.5 years , the tough part is some time ity is really very difficult to decipher what other person is trying to say or why he/she is hiding their feelings.

Joseph H

Anonymous
Hi,

First of all i think that is not hard thing to do. Because i have a friend, good friend of mine, for example he never had a relationship with a girl in a same town. And why is that? Its a funny story if you ask me, he used to hang out on chat sites and always, but always, he meets girls form the other town. And at the end not so bad thing.

But it was few years ago, now he is happily married. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin So you never give up! Wink

Cheers!

Hawk

Forum User
New here and can't believe l managed to find this thread but now l see it's a few yrs old, damn.
l really admire the hell out of some of you especially the women in the longer relationships that are making it work . l mean 4 yrs, wow , that is really something.

Because l've been in one myself now, 8mths, just finished a long post about it and then later found this thread. even if it is old.
But yeah , l do admire the helll out of the women here bc mine is getting so impatient , well she's almost done . Yet with the feeling we've had and the crazy things between us., l do wish like mad she would just be a bit more patient.
Thing is , she's been going to come over twice now and both times l had to cancel.
You see she can fly anywhere for free and first class, with her job and plus , l have a daughter and l don't want to be in another country away from her just yet.

But ;'l've had a huge yr and when l had to cancel her trip over , , twice ,it has really really upset her and she says she is losing the incentive to go on with us and that she feels l am blocking her from coming.
It is her hurt talking , l know it , and l feel so bad but both times there was nothing l could do.

But 8mths , and reading things here like 4yrs , wow, just wow.
Good for you guys , and l hope your together one day and forever.

Antohnas

Forum User
I was in long distance relationship. It is quite difficult to maintain long distance relationship. One partner has to sacrifice a lot.

All times are EST. The time is now 08:18 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content