Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Scam alert....avoid Heartdetectives.com

victim of love

Anonymous
Did not see this site discussed here so possibly every one knows about this scam except me. You can create a free profile then they send fake responses to your mailbox. Naturally to read these teasers you have to pay a fee to join. Once the fee is paid all correspondence ceases and your left feeling like a chump. I did a search on google and found a page discussing this scam service in depth. Please BEWARE of Heartdetectives.com it is a total sham.

jp smith

Anonymous
i have been thinking that from the beginning.

Anonymous: victim of scam

Anonymous
angry
Definitely the site is a scam LOOKOUT . They E-Mailed me 06/17/05 It never got to my inbox it was blocked by SPAM also I'm pending an Investigation to get back my money, and may proceed futher action.. Thanks for letting me vent!!!!!!

Jonathan

Anonymous
These scammers are posting bogus profiles on Match.com --- referring you to write to them at "meet fun singles," which is "meetfunsingles.com", a sister site to Heartdetectives. I'm reporting them to Match.com customer services as I come across them, or when they allegedly "wink" at me. These scammers are evil Twisted

Foolish Heart

Anonymous
Ah, poop. I had a feeling I'd been had. Wish I'd found this site earlier... but the first post about this scam occured the day I signed up for it.

I'm a very good computer guru, and I got readily had by this one.

Same scenario as the first posting, but I was also on another site at the time when I was contacted by another interested person... who mentioned that they use "Seek True Love." (Same site; different name.)

I probably wouldn't have touched this site with a 10 foot cattle prod, except that "someone" else had recommended it.

I'm such a fool for love.

PAUL MILLER (TWILIGHTTIME)

Anonymous
awake
I WAS TALKING TO A GIRL IN NEW YORK USING HEART DETECTIVES AND I THOUGHT SHE STOPPED WRITING ME. THEN A MONTH LATER I GOT AN EMAIL FROM HER AT HEART DETECTIVES SAYING SHE HAD BEEN WRITING BUT I DIDN'T REPLT. SHE WAS VERY UPSET. SHE GAVE ME HER PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS AND WE GOT BACK ON TRACK. DO NOT USE THIS WEB STIE. EMAIL VERY SELDOM GET TO THE ONE YOU ARE CONTACTING.

Tainted

Anonymous
artistic
Yea, they suck for sure. I was on LoveAccess, which isn't bad, and this chick emailed me. Should have seen it coming cuz the email said "Im' also on heartdetectives so try me there is this doesn't work out" duh, what a dupe. Anyway, plentyoffish.com is a kickass site, and totally free. That's where I'm staying from now on, in the free zone. Between the russain scams and the date site scams, this is starting to feel like real dating. Smile

CJM

Anonymous
curious
Sounds like Match.com too. I signed up with them. Finally I get an e-mail. I can't even see the profile of the sender without paying to join. So I removed my profile. It was probably a phony e-mail too or some flake from Russia.

Other

Anonymous
caffeinated
If you pay attention to the profiles on sites like Yahoo or Match there are quite a few identical profiles with different cities and pictures. I also noticed that I received very few replies if any except after I cancelled my memberships.

Plentyoffish is a better site than 99% of the pay ones.

from Russia with love

Anonymous
giggly
Quote by Tainted: LoveAccess heartdetectives plentyoffish.com Between the russain scams and the date site scams, this is starting to feel like real dating. Smile

It was probably ... some flake from Russia.

NOTE! All those site you mentioned blocked Russia long ago, so you cannot download their start pages if you use Russian IP. So what Russian scam do you meant? might be american scammers who pretend to be the Russians

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:14 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content