Online Dating & Relationships Forums

**WARNING** "The Right One" Matchmaking Service ~ Why Their Probably NOT Right for You/Your wal

I joined, and unjoined

Anonymous
I joined the right one three weeks ago, because the girl I met in New York city named Jacqui was lovely. She was so passionate about the service, and she all but gauranteed me that I would meet someone. she affirmed that I am just like the other New Yorkers who are tired of the bar scene, yet attractive and professional etc... She also all but assured me that an attractive girl like myself would have tons of men in the pool from which the matchmaker would choose. So I joined but they let me postdate a check to the end of the month, which was also very nice. I was psyched. Another thing I loved about what Jacquie said is: I will be listened to, and can give my feedback so they can "tweek" what I like. The problem came when I spoke to the matchmaker, a very unsophisticated woman: Diane, who (unline Jacqui said) resides in Massachusets. She hooked me up with a guy named Mike...who was supposedly "gorgeous with dimples" and "a body to die for" and... "in finance". I got all dolled up and met MIke and when I saw him I was kind of upset: Mike was overweight, had wet hair, no dimples, and certainlyy NOT GORGEOUS. AND...he was dressed like a slob. Lastly, he is not in finance, he works for a financially based company, doing computers and project management. It's ok though, I had a nice time. When I called Diane to give her feedback, I was surprised that I was rushed off the phone. I called her again, and said that I'd like to meet more people but was concerned whenshe told me that she "didn't have anyone at the moment" except a guy who was... well how can I say this... 10 years older than I was looking for. My gut feeling is that all of the sales pitch, was just that: a sales pitch. If there was only one guy to set me up with, where is the "pool of men" to choose from? I think also that there are WAY many more women than men who join, so probably the men have an advantage here. I was ready to take a leap of faith but the one thing that really bothers me is this: It has been two weeks since my conversation with the Matchmaker, and noone has called me to update me, ask me anything, see if I"m happy, set the right expectations. So I have cancelled my check, and would urge all of you single gals in New York City: caveat emptor. (let the buyer beware).

LVSTEFANIE

Anonymous
HEY GUYS ,

I AM A MEMBER OF "THE RIGHT ONE " ,I AM HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE ..PLEASE BE PATIENT ,I WENT ON 5 DATES BEFORE I MET MY PRINCE CHARMING ..I HAVE USED THE INTERNET ,FRIENDS ,FAMILY ,CHANCE ENCOUNTERS FOR 3 YEARS ..SPENT MORE MONEY AND TIME LOOKING ON MY OWN ,NEEDLESS TO SAY I HAD NO SUCCESS AT ALL !! WHEN i BECAME A MEMBER I WANTED INSTANT GRATIFICATION AS WELL ,PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE AND SOMETIMES A LIFE LONG LESSON IN ALL ASPECTS OF OUR LIVES ..PLEASE DONT LISTEN TO NEGATIVITY ON THIS SITE ,YES ,THERE IS A COST BUT TO ME THIS WAS A VERY SMART INVESTMENT ..COME ON GUYS ,EVERY BUSINESS HAS TO MAKE MONEY TO PAY THEIR EXPENSES .....i WOULD HATE TO THINK THAT I MAY HAVE READ THE NEGATIVE POSTINGS AND BECAME A SKEPTIC, THEREFORE PREVENTING THE HAPPINESS i AM FEELING RIGHT NOW. AN OPEN HEART AND AN OPEN MIND ATTRACTS LOVE. WE HAVE FREEDOM OF CHOICE BUT IT IS EVIL TO ROB OTHERS OF THEIR HOPE. IF YOU REGRET YOUR ACTIONS OWN YOUR ACTIONS. LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND HOLD YOURSELF ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR OWN SUCCESS AND EXPERIENCES. iF A PROFESSIONAL DATING COMPANY CAN'T HELP YOU, THEN WHAT? IT'S THEM??? HMMM................... IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO MEET NICE PROFFESSIONALS WHO HAVE COMMITTMENT ON THEIR MIND , GO SEE THE PROFFESSIONALS AT 'THE RIGHT ONE ' ! ! GOOD LUCK & HAPPY BEGINNINGS !

Annoyed by the Right One

Anonymous
I am so glad that I found your post. I recently just had an experience with The Right One company and wanted to see if I could find out more information about them. This was my experience with them: I went to a local singles website and then someone from the Right One called me the next day. The lady was so pushy and would not let me get off the phone. I told her several times that I wanted to think about whether or not I wanted to make an appointment to come to their office. She just kept coming back with some lines like "Then you are obviously not ready in your life to make that next step to meet the right one, etc." I asked her over the phone if she could give me a general range of the costs for their services and she stated that could not give me that information and that she really didn't know. She explained that the consultant at their office that she wanted me to make an appt. with would be able to talk about cost with me because it so individualized and it depends on what each person wants. I told her several times that I thought it was strange that she couldn't even give me an idea of what the costs may be; I told her that that state program I work for can give someone a rough idea as soon as they call and she stated that "we can't compare the service they provide to the work I do because it isn't the same." I kept telling the lady that I had to get off the phone and that I had friends coming over for dinner and had alot to do, but she was not taking no for an answer. She kept saying that she didn't feel I was making an "informed" decision about their services and that the only way to make an "informed" decision was to come to the office and meet with one of the relationship consultants. The offices she discussed with me were all also at least 45-60 mins. away from where I live and when I mentioned that to her, she said that it was only a one time thing and did I really want to put a distance on finding someone? She continued to give me her "lines" to try to get me to make an appt. I finally got her off the phone after I told her that I thought it rude of her to not let me get off the phone when I had told her several times that I needed to think about it and had to get off the phone. I think the only reason she finally stopped was because I told her to give me her number and I would call her back if I decided to make an appt. She was very pushy and sarcastic throughout the conversation- That alone was enough to turn me off on their company. I was just shocked that she couldn't give me any idea about costs over the phone!!

Anonymous

Anonymous
curious
My biggest concern is that they won't give out any pricing information when they're on the phone with you. I'm a single mother of 3. I'd love to find the right one - but have a financial obligation to my kids first and foremost. Please don't waste my time if I can't afford your service.

DeltaT

Anonymous
I've belonged to The Right One for over 3 years and have received approximately 8 "Referrals" during that time. Although all of the individuals were nice, I was not physically attracted to any. In the past year I have contacted them twice asking when the next Referral is coming, and get the standard reply of when they find a compatible person.

I don't like the idea of not being able to see photos of the person beforehand, and have experienced much better results with e-Harmony.

Overall, I'm not impressed with The Right One at all, and feel it is a tremendous wast of $$.

Just my opinion based upon personal experience.

M.

Anonymous
worried
What do you do if you just gave them your credit card and are now having major buyers remorse? Can you legally cancel the contract?

Phaedrus

Anonymous
angry
I went to The Right One in 2006 because I was living in Salt Lake City and wanted to find a non-religious wife.

I was warmly received and filled out the paperwork as the first stage of their qualification process. For the next stage, I was brought into the rear office of a "matchmaking counselor," who interviewed me in minute detail about whom I was looking for and all pertinent aspects of myself (including my income level) for about two hours.

Throughout this interview, I received several strong, explicit assurances that they had precisely what I was looking for "in stock."

Finally, they brought out the price list, which had different packages at $5000, $7500 and $10000, or thereabouts. We spent half an hour discussing this, the "counselor" using her high-pressure sales tactics, leaving the room several times, etc. I talked her down to $2500 for 10 referrals, which I felt was worth it based on her promise of already having just the one I described.

A few days later, someone else called, introducing himself as my new matchmaking counselor. He stated that he had someone ready for me to meet, and read off her description. I was surprised that she met only a few of the criteria I had given during the interview. Indeed, she was religious, which I had strongly emphasized I didn't want. He then suggested another girl, who was an even worse fit. I said I'd wait for a better "referral."

After speaking with this guy, I realized that my initial "matchmaking counselor," whose intimate interview with me had given me the distinct impression that she would be my actual matchmaker, was simply the company's high pressure sales negotiator whose job was to apply pressure and tell lies in order to make the sale. In actuality, her "matchmaking" job was to determine whether I qualified as a good "match" for the company -- personally and financially. She just filled out my profile papers and gave them to someone else to manage who never met me. It was subsequently apparent that the new person was just going off her scribbled notes and checkboxes.

A week or two later, I got another call from him, this time with someone who fit about 80% of my criteria. We went on a date, but without much chemistry. This happened a couple more times until I relocated from Salt Lake that same year.

Another absurdity was that no photos of "referrals" were provided, with them only giving you vague descriptions of how beautifully attractive everyone was. Then, of course, you go through the trouble of a wasted blind date, and The Right One checks off the number of your remaining "referrals."

The Wrong One

Anonymous
angry
I have received a collection letter from a collection agency by the name of Omega RMS llc. Representing the right one….a year ago I received this letter and contacted OMEGA to let them know that I have never used The right one's service, and I am married. They have my name, (which is very common) and my address, (which I've found out is easily accessible if you google the county records) I'm learning a lot about how unsafe you really are in this new computerized era we now live in. Well I have received another one, (a year later) representing the right one again, who according to this letter have used the name, " Together Dating Service", aka "Lullys-DBA "The Right One" . I let Omega know that they have the wrong guy, and verified the last 4 of my SSN, which is incorrect according to Omega. I then contacted the right one by the number that was on the website, and when I spoke with the young lady that answers the line, she didn't know who she worked for and it took me to ask her, "You are the right one, are you not?" before she responded with, "yea, Yea that's us". I continued with question's like, "may I speak with your billing dept. please" & "I've never used your service could I speak with someone who could help me clear up this obvious misconception". All to the answer of, "Ummmm, huh? & let me get someone to help you…..10min later no one and the ladies still on the line, breathing. Okay guys understand this….I have good credit and I don't want it jacked up because you think I'm an idiot. For a person to have to track down a Co. he's never done business with and for you to go as far as getting a collection agency to collect on a dept, (hell, I even wonder if the collection agency is legit) that I will not pay. How good of a Co. can you truly be? I've filed a complaint with the better business bureau on both Co. and I found this site and wanted to let other consumers know that this Co. is not legit and the people that are writing positive comments on these blogs….represent this Co. Sorry for those of you who have been caught up in the BS that this Co. has put you through and I hope you've learned a lesson on doing research and not giving out your personal info. And even though they can still get some things on you, they can not get your SSN unless you give it to them….signed a pissed off consumer

Kate, kloves2golf

Anonymous
freakingout
Guys, "The Right One" is "Single Atlanta" now!!! They totally took me to the cleaners - professional scam bags!!!

If you care at all for your hard earned money, STAY AWAY, PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!

"Single Atlanta" is the same scam is previously "The Right One", and they don't "make" deals with you anymore, they just take your money and run!!! I cannot believe they've been getting away with it for such a long time!!! Scam bags!!!

Evil Twisted Evil

Anonymous

Anonymous
Is DCSingles.com AKA AshburnSingles, RestonSingles, FallsChurchSingles, ManassasSingles, woodbridgesingles, annandalesingles and Fairfaxsingles a part of the same marketing arm as this company because they sound very similar to the to this group of singles. All of the AKA names feed into DCSingles and do not actually exist. They appear to be franchised operations with phone numbers all of the county and no one can really figure out who they are.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:55 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content