Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Hornymatches scam

Idiot

Anonymous
angry
Yep, I got ripped off too, But they were very clever about it, they sent me some contacts as a standard member, not from pretty young hot things but from women my age. I joined because I was thinking with my dick and didn't bother to read this site, so I replied and hey presto, no more messages. So I got suspicious since it was others who were contacting me. So I set up another user. Same thing. Then I as a member could send messages to the newly created user. Nothing ever arrived, so I mailed customer service, maybe the messaging was down after all.....Here is their reply: ::START:: Dear Member, Please provide us with the username(s) of the person(s) who say your message was not delivered and our programming team will investigate. All messages are delivered within 5 seconds after you sent them. I've just checked your account and everything seems to work fine. The advise I can give you is to contact also standard female members (with your contact info because they are unable to reply back) AND also female silver/gold members without a photo. Fact is silver/gold females with a photo tend to receive MUCH more emails (some 50+ each day) compared to standard members or members without a photo so by contacting them too you will increase your chances to find someone. A profile without a photo doesn't mean the user is bad looking. A lot of female users are concerned about privacy and that's why they don't upload a photo for everyone to see. Once you talk the majority will send over a photo in private. Good luck ! It's possible some of your sent messages are still unread, the 'online' feature of the site simply means that most users don't logout of the site, they just close the web browser. This causes the site to leave their status as 'online' for longer periods of time. ::END So then I told them who the user was that I created and hey presto, that user started receiving mails and I magically got two mails. Then I decided to contact other members, guys, to investigate a bit further. Asked them to send me a mail privately to gmail. I actually got two replies, so this is where they get clever - they can even check what you send and pretend to reply. But they aren't that good....unfortunately my dick signed me up.... WHAT GETS ME is they have a system that's almost functional, why not turn it into a real business instead of a scam.

SHOTOKIMAN

Anonymous
smart
I THANK THE COMMENTS AND AWARNESS OF THOSE WHO ARE OBSERVANT. YES, I TOO BECAME SUPICIOUS OF THE MIND GAMES AND THE TACTICS USED BY THIS DATING SITE LIKE MANY OTHERS. CASE # 1: I WAS NOT A FULL SUBCRIBER. AND ONE IS THEN JUST LIMITED TO WINKS.... RIGHT? SO, AS YOU GO WINKING ALONG THE NICER YOU GET WINK BACK AND YOU MAY GET SOME ADDTIONAL REPLY LIKE THIS: " I THINK YOU ARE SO SEXY AND I THINK WE WILL CLICK. I JUST CAN'T STOP THINKING OF YOU PLEASE WRITE SO WE CAN GET TOGETHER SOON AND HAVE FUN. " SO NOW YOU THINK YOU GOT A BIG HIT. BUT REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT A FULL MEMBER AND YOU ARE LIMITED TO JUST WINKS. BUT HOW THEN CAN YOU RESPOND ? YOUR FORCE TO PAY TO JOIN . BUT WHEN YOU DO JOIN AND YOU REPLY BACK PERHAPS 4 TIMES THERE NEVER A RESPONSE BACK. IT LEAVES ME TO BELIEVE THAT THE SITE HAS IT'S OWN PERSONNEL REPLYING. THROWING OUT THE BAITE AND CATCHING YOU THE FISH WITH FALSE HOPE IN CONNECTING WITH SOMEONE.. Cool Question

Quantum Leap

Anonymous
HornyMatches.com is a scam, believe me.

I started a profile there recently. I got a reply from hotnodygirl. I could not even reply to her message without a paid membership. Eventually I tried to pay for membership, but apparently my credit card company or bank already banned them or something. Next time I tried to use my card, at a store, it didn't work. I had to go to my bank and order a new one, with a new number and expiration date.

All the messages I got at Horny Matches seem to be from fake profiles run by the website's administration. They are meant to entice you into buying a membership so you can reply.

At horny matches I made my profile unavailable because I could not find an option to delete my account. I still get flirts and messages from people who could never have seen my profile in the first place.

I see hornymatches advertises on Google's search engine. I hope hornymatches goes broke.

Anonymous test in TN

Anonymous
Allright - I am calling BS on "just lucky". I purchased a prepaid VISA card and tried to use it to sign up. No go. Those prepaid cards are blocked from being used on systems which automatically have future monthly charges. And you cannot turn the charges off until you sign up and go into your account. So either a) I was "not lucky" and picked VISA which does not allow that or b) "just lucky" is full of it or c) "just lucky" is another HM plant who is trying to give some credibility to the site. Whatever. I did turn off the charges from repeating. My fail safe is that I opened a small account that I can close anytime. opened to do this test. Will post and let you know if something bad happens.

Quote by: just lucky

I tried HM for awhile in the fall,got some fake mails but did meet 3 quality tasty ladies, and have emailed a filthy mouthed lady who lives about 200 miles away many times. So that part worked a bit. But yes many fake mails and many I sent were not replied to. But I had fun. And I was totally honest with what I wanted, my age etc and included a nude pic from neck down which did generate the interest - very cool for old man like me.....
Other point - use a prepaid credit card - register it with fake name, address etc. then you can't be traced, plus you cannot be automatically billed again.

Anyway, same story here, lots of interest until you sign up. 10 e-mails and 2 winks, then after paying, nothing. We men are soooo led by the possibilities... If you read the fine print, it does say that this site for "entertainment only". And it is entertaining. There are literally thousands upon thousands of people you cn look up. There are some pretty interesting combinations of profiles, and the photos you do access with membership do have an entertainment factor. It is an amazing part of the human experience. Started reading the couple profiles. I am sure those are real people out there, with their own real profiles and stories and over time, I am sure these folks have posted that stuff. And those people created the HM content for free - how sweet is that for HM?

Just so we have facts and figures, I agree, once you are a member, they keep about 70 bots looking at your profile each month. I think the profiles they use as bots are probably member information long ago forgotten. A good share of the profiles start by saying - I am a 38 year old, then you look at the birthdate and the calculated age, and you can see the thing has not been updated in 5 years. Also, many photos have date stamps on them, like 2003, 2004 etc. It's not like they are trying to cover up the samming.

The more interesting thing is when you go into the search engine and go into a State or a Province. Invariably, there are 30 to 40 times as many men registered as women. So even if it is not a scam, the odds for men are terrible. I like the posts here about my age who say - what would a 23 year old see in a 53 years old? Not much!

For me, I am going to give it a full month. I know now, from looking at this site that there is a lot of similar experience which correlates to the scam answer. Another indication of scam is that some of the photos have been rated several thousand times, and you will find that these are the bots that send you notes. But when you look into it and read the profiles, there are a lot of nice people out there.

I might be hopelessly optimistic. Maybe there is someone out there who has not read the scam thing and has signed up or maybe there is a standard member out there who is real. So I am taking it upon myself to find out. Since joining March 10th, I have sent about 60 e-mails to various ladies. So far nothing, not a single reply. Most of them are to standard members, asking them to wink if they like my profile. Nothing even from them. I'll post some pictures and see what happens. No face shots and no nude shots - those are both private.

I feel badly for the young lady who wrote into this site who said she posted nude photos of herslf. Yes, I bet you will be out there for a long time. Typically people who are done with this stuff don't come back and it is a phase, so if you are floating out there, how are you going to know?

Finally, I am looking at this as learning a lesson but also learning about people. So for me, the $70 is not wasted, but I will have learned everything I want for $70. Hundreds of thousands of people have exposed themselves out there and we are a big human family. It is interesting what goes on on the inside of people's heads. To me that is worth a couple of months of logging in and learning. But I definitely agree, there is a huge part of this that is a total scam even tough some might be "just lucky".

stoneddog

Anonymous
angry
this site is a big rip off i fell for the winks and messages and signed up for a one month silver membership didn't take me long to figure out something was fishy so i stopped future charges and went away a little wiser.

scammed too

Anonymous
I am a hot guy that even sent emails & winks to big ugly women because I was not even getting replies from some that were just decent looking. I did not even get a reply from the ugly & fat. TOTAL SCAM!!!!!! Keep your money. I wish I had checked out this site before paying for 3 months. Rolling Eyes Does anyone know if Eharmony is real?

scooter401

Anonymous
hopeful
A few years ago I made the same mistake many of you did and joined this site. And whatever you guys said happened well that happened to me also, So I canceled. I had to for the same reason you did. Now my question to anyone is? Has this site been taken offline because we all know its a complete ripoff? Or who is protecting us from sites like this....P

sc

Anonymous
after joining Hm an older female immediately responded to me with an email and then another one and a wink. When I finally joined for one month, there is noe response from her noe. I am sure she works for HM, trying to sucker people to pay up!!

hot macho man

Anonymous
Quote by: Rectifier

Quote by: gotlucky

I live in San Diego and have actually gone out with 4 girls that i met on this website and have gotten lucky 3 times! maybe you guys aren't doing this right.

You are so full of s**t... You must be an affiliate if I had to guess?

Bravo,,,Mr got lucky is an obvious hustler.....man its ok if u wana liebut dont insult people`s intelligence !!!! Wink by the way that was my name on HM ,,got a lot of msgs n winks ,,even attachments with pictures of naked gorgeous women but i never replied n never paid. Mr. Green

didnt fall 4 them

Anonymous
Quote by: Anil

Friends, I did register myself at hornymatches.com only a few days back and realise it is a scam. I also paid for a silver membership for a month and I took care to "switch off" the auto renewal so that the paid membership should expire after a month. I hope it does as this is a scam site. I need to know something from you. PLEASE HELP. Has anyone had the experience of the auto-renewal not working and that your card was automatically getting debited for payments, beyond your control. This being a scam site anything can happen. PLEASE DO REPLY

man just report ur card stolen,,,,n get a new one,,,,the old one will b invalid the minute u report it,,so cant b used by that site again,,,end of story,,,,

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:36 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content