Online Dating & Relationships Forums

Has anyone actaully gotten a date on plenty of fish?

Spirit

Anonymous
happy
I think best way is to meet a good man on your church or maybe some real place.
I have some business on Internet and I find on last 5 years the Internet look more like the toilet.

John_mickle

Anonymous
many people meat on dating related website. buy their relation not remain so long.

UNFAIR ACTS

Anonymous
angry
I NEED TO SAY THAT PLENTYOFFISH.COM DOES NOT UP HOLD THERE RULES AS TO REMOVING PROFILERS. WHEN YOU REPORT A PROFILE FROM LAW FULL ACTS WITH IN THE SITE. THEY REMOVE YOU. NOW WHAT KIND OF DATEING SITE IS THIS. THERES NUDITY. THERES MEN IN THERE THAT ARE JUST AS HARRASING AND FOWL LANGAUGE SEXUAL ASALTS. BUT YET THEY LET MEN WHO ARE REPORTED FOR SUCH ACTS AND ABUSE IN THE SITE AND WEMON WITH NUDE PICTURE ON THERE PROFILES. WHEN THESE ACTS ARE REPORTED THEY DO NOTHING TO THE MEN THEY KEEP THE NUDE PICTURES ON THERE PROFILES. BUT WHEN THESE ACT ARE REPORTED.. THEY BOOT YOU OUT. NOW WHAT KIND OF DATING SITE IS THIS. I READ THE RULES BEFORE I SIGNED UP. WERES A PHONE NUMBER FOR SUCH COMPLAINTS

Marty

Anonymous
Only after you decide to swear off online dating because it's a joke, and either find or start an offline singles club, are you going to get to meet real people. The reason is simple... pretenders don't like being honest. At the first meeting of my offline singles club, most of the people who showed up were working-class men and a few middle-aged women, but hey, at least they're for real.

bob

Anonymous
Yep, quite a few dates actually.

But I wouldn't recommend POF as a dating site.

Why? Well, I have a whole bunch of things going for me ... Take away 1-2 of those things, I wouldn't get anywhere on POF.

The site requires excessive time/effort to locate and self cross match people. Fortunately, a fair number of women introduce themselves, so I don't have to spend much time at it.

That may sound good, however almost all the women who introduce themselves are looking for their long shot. Meeting an equal on POF, seems pretty hard.

So, I'm not meeting any keepers ... but they're nice people (mostly) just the same ... and it's nice to go some places that normally requires a date, when I have free time.

I am as well, NOT one of guys on there just looking for sex ... so that's probably a big factor in women being willing to say hello.

But I wouldn't recommend the site for men, takes too much time, and I certainly wouldn't recommend the site for women.

Stan

Anonymous
happy
Women don't actually use dating sites to meet people, they use it a shopping tool. They are not open to trying to SEE if so and so might be a match, they already have a very specific goal in mind. You are either what they are looking for or not.

In most cases, many women are just using these services to land the best deal ... usually a better deal than they normally get in real life. Most guys on dating sites will lie to make the grade or are simply looking for sex.

As well, in most cases, most women have this same outlook in real life as well and have turned to dating sites as a last measure before they consider re-evaluating their self perception.

I suspect they are maybe 20-30% of women on dating sites that have reasonable expectations.

Decide for yourself whether investing the time required is really worth the effort given the odds.

POF is a particular bad time wasting site because there is no cross match capability, so you end up spending your time doing that essentially unnecessary function.

Currently dating sites are on the upswing because there are a hugh number of people that wouldn't consider paying for a dating service, but are willing to play with it for free. In a couple of years, it's started already, that available pool of people willing to try it will dry up considerably ... then it just reverts to a previous state .... desperate home bodies looking for love.

Simon

Anonymous
cheerful
I had no joy on plentyoffish, though ones I would recommend are 4flings.com (for adult fun) and koshercupid.com (Jewish singles), match.com (general) all of which I actually went on some great dates and had fun in the past year . You need to know the good dating sites out there, otherwise wasting your time.

ForumUser

Anonymous
I've met two men on PoF. One I dated for 6 months, the other I've currently been dating for 3 months.

I joined PoF after chatting with my cousin who met her now fiance on the site.

anonymous

Anonymous
I've gone of 4 dates on POF, and I just joined a week ago. Actually, the site turned out to be than expected. I'm a man btw. Granted, I have pretty good photo on there, so i get 4-5 emails a day, from attractive girls looking to meet me.

Its a shallow world out there. Get yourself a great photo and a great opening line, and hope for the best.

Tony

Anonymous
Alright, now. I am a 27 year old guy and I use this POF, also. You will be as successful in dating on POF as you are on 'the street.' I have used this site for three months. I've met about ten people in those three months. A couple weren't interested in me...no biggie. I'm a big boy and understand not everybody is interested in me. I wasn't interested in a couple others. Some turned into one night stands...some turned into a steady dating streak. That's the way the world works. I've yet to come across a fake profile. If I were to come across something fishy, I would question it, use my brain and think of ways to prove whether it's fake or not.
People cannot be upset because guys just 'disappear' or are uglier than their profile shows. It's not the website's fault. I've met a couple ladies whose pictures were exaggerated or a couple years older. I'll finish the date and never call again. It sucks when a woman or guy doesn't like you. Is it their fault for not liking you or I? Absolutely not. Keep at it and you'll eventually find that special someone. The more you expose yourself, the more chances you have of meeting someone. The more websites you delete yourself off of and the less often you go out are all actions that are going to hinder your chances of meeting someone.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:18 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content