Online Dating & Relationships Forums

POF CLOSED THE FORUMS

Editor

Site Admin
Admin
POF does say in the forums shutdown message:

Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

I can add a category to the forums here for events but I can't create forums for every state or province. Also the only way for POF members to say if they are attending would be to reply the post either with a user account on this website or as an anonymous user. They can't use their actual POF account to login and confirm they will be attending.

Let me know if this is something you want setup.

Editor

Site Admin
Admin
For those interested we posted a news article on this topic, see: PlentyOfFish Says Farewell To The Forums

Mr J Cash

Anonymous
Thanks for the shout out.

My many nemeses from the defunked POF forums will likely be shaking their heads as they read the article and your quoting me.

Hopefully some of them will migrate here as mentioned by Cat earlier in this thread.

KJ, if you see this sorry I didn't have a chance to say see-ya. I never re-opened a profile after I was deleted during that tift with DD.

Lurker, it would even be nice to hear from you too. Hey, if I open an account here I might finally be able to claim your handle!

Thanks again Editor for the shout out.
~j $~

jackal44

Forum User
As a long time poster on POF who historically probably has more terminations than anybody else, they finally figured out a way to get rid of me :-).

Cash, you were not liked because you chose to be intentionally antagonistic to virtually everybody.

Other than an occasional investment board and facebook, I never posted to any other forums other than POF....and at one time they were vibrant, especially in off-topics or the science-philosophy threads where at times some very good threads were created.

I don't know how I ended up on POF, as I recall I googled for an interesting forum, and came across POF and started out on the dating side ...and almost immediately with some of my intentionally contrarian opinions pissed some of the women off, who did their best to keep me off the boards. If I had been looking to date, which I was not, those would have been the last women in the world i would have considered.

Eventually made my home on the off topics board and watch as most of the good posters either were terminated or left of their own accord.

Never understood KJ. I met her and she seemed to be a very decent woman, so I never got her nothing but Trump stance and her draconian view of abortions...accusing me of being culpable in the deaths of millions of babies...even though abortion is the one area I do not argue...either for or against.

Even though I was very anti Trump myself, I despised that leftists had deleted so many on the right, including John and others.

The perpetual termination of profiles by self-reporting was just too much and that is what eventually killed the boards.....still we all saw it coming, sad it is.

Don't know if I want to bother figuring out these boards...wonder if they are just as much fun as POF once was.

Mr J Cash

Anonymous
Cash, you were not liked because you chose to be intentionally antagonistic to virtually everybody.

Ata, (AKA jackal44) aren’t you accusing the kettle of being black here? Anyway, not ‘virtually everybody’, many but nowhere close to everybody. Mainly Frank, Lurker, SlimeFish, DD, and some others, but again, nowhere close to everybody.

I see you went ahead and registered here yesterday. I do not think the administration here will put up with the way you, I, and nearly every regular poster acted in the last five years of the unmoderated POF forums with all the shenanigans, trolling, sock puppets, insults and fights. I think the abandoned forum SlimeFish started would be a much better place for all that.

I had been on the POF forums for almost 12 years – on and off. I too do not understand KJ’s all things Trump. I never had the opportunity to meet her in person. We have messaged back and forth over the last several years. Even though I am an Ohio Republican, I was a ‘Never Trump’. Our politics we agreed to disagree on and we left it at that. I will say that I was saddened to see her posting style change to be so confrontational the last few years. That started after her long standing KJ profile was deleted for the first time in the troll wars about a year after the Tall thread that Miss A started as The Wizard. It was also just after the tribute thread to *cowboy*, a friend of hers. It was upon her return that she started posting in the political arguments in the Off Topic pages. Before that, she intentionally avoided them.

~ J $ ~

ForumLurker

Anonymous
I just ran across this site today looking for information on why POF finally closed the forums. I saw the article quoting Cash. Before today I had never heard of this forum.

Cash, go ahead , take the name. I do not have any use for it. I surely will not be joining any more dating forums.

My vote, if I had one, would be that closing the POF forums was long over due. I also have to agree with cash (Yes, I am actually agreeing with him) that the only possible reason to have kept them open so long without moderation nor support was because of the event forums being unable to be separated from the rest of them. At least not easily.

I had just a few notes back and forth with KJ after the forums were shuttered and before I deleted my account. In one of them, I told her that if ata was able to he would have likely made a post claiming/taking credit for the POF forums closing just to stop his postings. So, no surprise he has done so in this forum.

jackal44

Forum User
Its amusing to me Forum Lurker, that you would actually be discussing me with KJ. When I at one time was friendly with KJ, i rarely spoke about any of the other posters...because most of them did not matter to me any more than I should have mattered to you. Its nice to know I made an impression on you, so much so I was a topic of your conversation.

KJ was of course important because we were friendly. I don't think it matters that she made enemies with many of the anti-Trumpers on the board, but she didn't seem to care that she made a significant enemy of Joe or of Hawk, who were at one times very friendly with her, nor of me. Funny, I guess she had little respect for those of us who did not support the undignfied, amoral man who is our President, much as we have little respect for those who support Trump despite what he so obviously is. Ah well....friends come and friends go, as do message boards.

Sorry you didn't see the humor in my last post here...of course that was always the problem with so many on the boards. They took themselves so seriously...sad but typical.

Regards
Ata

jackal44

Forum User

Our politics we agreed to disagree on and we left it at that. I will say that I was saddened to see her posting style change to be so confrontational the last few years. That started after her long standing KJ profile was deleted for the first time in the troll wars about a year after the Tall thread that Miss A started as The Wizard. It was also just after the tribute thread to *cowboy*, a friend of hers. It was upon her return that she started posting in the political arguments in the Off Topic pages. Before that, she intentionally avoided them.

I will be honest here, I look at people differently when I know they are very strong Trump supporters. I have friends who support Trump, but recognize his many flaws, still support him as the anti-politician. I can understand that. I simply do not get though the anything Trump crowd. I honestly believe strong support from Trump comes from Racists and Bigots...and that is why I was so disappointed in KJ. She seemed like a genuinely decent person to me.....but then when it came to her anything Trump stance...well very difficult to understand. Most of my friends are more or less progressive. I like it like that, I think progressive people are far more decent people, because that is what it is all about...decency and recognition of the value of all, not just those white people who live in the United States.

KJ probably should have avoided the off topics and originally I thought she was too sensitive to be there, but she proved me wrong. She was up for the challenge there and more...pity it cost her so many friendships. I guess that is life in politics land.

As for the Tall thread, I missed it, I don't believe I was a member at the time. I became Tall's nemesis though...it was only natural I would do so given our personalities, and I of course believed and still am not sure if you were or were not Tall. But it doesn't matter any more. I have surprisingly adjusted to the loss of the message boards. Actually a good thing. I spent far too much time reading them.

Y'all know me

Anonymous
grumpy
KJ, KJ, KJ, KJ.... Sheese! Enough already. What was she, the only woman on POF?

All y'all just need to throw towels over your little boners for KJ? OK?

You guys are as pathetic as backcreek7.

Mr J Cash

Anonymous
Why don’t you identify yourself? All we’all don’t know who you are if you do not tell us. But let me take a guess…BA??

All y'all just need to throw towels over your little boners for KJ? OK?

Well golly gee Y’all, I’ll be sure to do that.

~ J $ ~

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:21 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content