Online Dating & Relationships Forums

new dating site?

Frequent Flirter

Anonymous
flirty
There are other sites besides Plenty of Fish. What about Singlescanada.com? They have been around since 1998, dating sites come and go but the good ones stick around. Singles Canada offers contests, they have offered a singles cruise, a trip to the Pink Bedroom Party in Toronto in a limousine, great meal and entertainment. and right now you can win a Red iPOD. The great part about Singles Canada is that they also gives back to the community too with generous donations to Breast Cancer, the Red Project, RVH Cancer project, Seniors, etc. I know this does not mean a lot to some people, but when I read that POF gets cheques for $900,000 I wonder how much he donates to charities

Bruce M ESQ.

Anonymous
I have read several complaints and there is illegal activity here irregardless of some of the comments. The crime is consumer fraud. If enough individuals complain the government will look into it. Yes, Sea of Love is certainly a rip off for those wishing to file a federal complaint here is a link. Why let them remain on the Internet and continue to rip individuals off. Please check out the link it can also help stop spam as well. https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=

fastnfun888

Anonymous
angry
Regarding Sea of Love: All the messages I got are 100% phony. All the women are model quality, that's the first sign. First of all, who would email a guy with NO picture in his profile? Second, I think it's funny that the same person emails me back AFTER my membership expired, but never while my membership is active, HMM....I was stupid enough to renew my membership so I could respond to some very attractive ladies. As you would guess, no reply! I have nothing good to say about this dating site. I feel sorry for the ones who are truly trying to meet someone. I still get the "you have a new message waiting at Sea of Love" emailed to my yahoo address two years after my membership expired and LO AND BEHOLD, another super hottie wants to chat and/or hook up (read: renew your membership)! I guess as long as someone's making tons of money, it's ok to take advantage of unsuspecting people, in any way possible.

Raye H.

Anonymous
naughty
STAY AWAY from SEAOFLOVE!!!!! This site is nothing but a scam. Reading most of the comments posted here, it is easy to realize why sites such as seaoflove can grow and prosper. We're all damn fools!!! At least once anyway. It is my opinion that the majority of dating sites are magnets for unsuspecting, trusting souls such as me. I am getting smater LOL

Karen

Anonymous
I received that same crappy scam email. I saw the site and laughed. I have been so fed up with dating sites lately. One of my close friends was also pretty irritated so he decided to start his own dating site, www.yearningforlove.com. He told me everything is free and there are a lot of features, more to come. Yes there are ads on there, but they do not pop up at you, you can choose to click them or not. He does this to pay for the website, which is understandable. Its either you have ads on the site, or the admin takes your email address and sells it to make money. Personally, I would take the ads because I have more control over them.

loveseeker

Anonymous
I have joined this site called meetic.com. Its a real rip off. Just like American Singles, they are dishonest and dont tell members the truth about the limitations of their site. For one thing they take ages to approve the text of the profile thereby causing people who do not meet what we are seeking to respond and waste time as they are not able to read out text before responding. It can take weeks to approve the text of out profile. They claim that by being a paid member you will be able to contact other members. However they do not tell you that even if u are a paid member, although you may mail any member whether paying or not paying members, the non paying members will not be able to read the mails you send them thus will not be able to reply as well. Paying members who have send mails to non paying members will think that the non paying members are not interested when in actual fact, the non paying members were not even able to read the mails and will also not be able to reply. Unlike most other dating sites that requires only one member to pay in order to communicate with anyone on the site, meetic.com only allows communication if both members are paying members. Thus its not worth being a paid member as you will still not be able to communicate with all members unless they too are paying members

YA SISTERS AZZ

Anonymous
cheerful
THEY ARE RIGHT SEA OF LOVE IS FULL OF SHIT . RIP OFF IF I EVER DID SEE ONE AND WEB DATE IS FULL OF SCAMERS FROM NIGERIA LOOK OUT FOR SHARONE195 THE WORST SCAMER ON EARTH Regarding Sea of Love: All the messages I got are 100% phony. All the women are model quality, that's the first sign. First of all, who would email a guy with NO picture in his profile? Second, I think it's funny that the same person emails me back AFTER my membership expired, but never while my membership is active, HMM....I was stupid enough to renew my membership so I could respond to some very attractive ladies. As you would guess, no reply! I have nothing good to say about this dating site. I feel sorry for the ones who are truly trying to meet someone. I still get the "you have a new message waiting at Sea of Love" emailed to my yahoo address two years after my membership expired and LO AND BEHOLD, another super hottie wants to chat and/or hook up (read: renew your membership)! I guess as long as someone's making tons of money, it's ok to take advantage of unsuspecting people, in any way possible.

weiwentg

Anonymous
angry
These clowns are still at it, FYI. I'm glad I found this page, and I didn't sign up for the site. MO was the same: a rather attractive lady sent me a quick message at Yahoo personals. I had subscribed, so I sent her my email address. She sent me the email saying that she "rarely" checks this account, but message her at sea of love, which was "free". She did have a profile at SOL, and two other women (also rather attractive) sent me rather similar messages. hmph.

In a slightly disturbing twist, I got an email from someone else. she claimed that I emailed her on yahoo, but I'm sure I never did. she said:

"Hey there! You sent me an email on Yahoo personals and told me to contact you here. Well here I am Smile Thx for the message, it was a surprise but totally a good one!

I;m sure you message alot of girls on there and probably dont remember which one I am Razz About me: My name is Jamie, I am 24, have long auburn hair, blue eyes and am about 5'5. I have been told I have very soft skin. I try and stay active and love to meet new people and experience new things. I strongly believe that intimacy, honesty and trust are very important parts of a relationship. But, I want to know someone before I become intimate. After I get to know someone then I want it all the time, I hope I'm not too much for you! Razz

I have to admit that I feel a little weird looking through personal ads to meet a guy, but the ones that I've met at bars are usually just putting on an act. Either that or they are just looking to sleep with as many women as they can. Dont take me the wrong way, I am an outgoing and social person and I love sex but the scene just gets old very fast.

If you are interested then we should get to know each other better. We could maybe meet up sometime? For drinks or coffee? I've had to work alot, so I am not sure when I will have some free time, but what's your schedule like? I;m sure we can figure it out...

Well I guess I should get going to work, besides this is a novel already and I dont even know if your interested! lol Oh also I attached a pic to the email to remind you of who I am, let me know if you dont get it for some reason.

Hope to talk to you soon,
--

BTW whats your yahoo IM? mind is the same as my email..."

perhaps I should have ignored it, but I did reply asking for her yahoo personals page. she did email me her homepage, which had some rather revealing preview pictures, and was protected by adultcertify. these guys look like one of those mostly free adult ID services. I wonder how she got my email, and what she's trying to pull. has anyone received a similar email?

C

Anonymous
I got the exact same email from "Jamie". I'm a little disappointed. What state do you live in? That might help shed some light on the message. I'm in Colorado. If you're not, that should be a good indicator that this is simply a hoax.

me

Anonymous
angry
Quote by: divn10

I am on Yahoo personals and rcvd an email asking me to check out a new dating site, seaoflove.com, there is a website by that name but I did not sign in as I didn't know if this was just a spamming effort or what. Has anyone ever heard of this site?

don't go there!!!1

All times are EST. The time is now 12:30 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content