Online Dating & Relationships Forums

new dating site?

Mike in Cincy

Anonymous
Yup, the Sea of Love is still at it...it starts at Yahoo, the the fake email directing you to the Sea of Love, then within 6 hours the first Email from a good looking 24 year old, then the next day the second good looking girl sends an email. I also opened 2 accounts to test the theory..to their credit though, the emails and subject lines are a bit different which leaves me to believe they have an employee or a bot cut and pasting different emails to send out...Date.com does the same thing but they IM you directing you to a number of different sites run by the same company. I actually fell for the Date.com scam but got a full refund from them after I called them and told them I would reverse the credit card charge and contact the Attorney General of Ohio about fraudulent advertising practices. He was more than helpful then...after he denied knowledge of what was going on...of course. But they did take down the phony profile off their website!

Xanthras

Anonymous
Seaoflove is a scam posing as a legitimate dating site. It is not affiliated with Yahoo, but instead it appears the unscrupulous authors of the site troll yahoo looking for members to steal by sending them a message posing as a hot female and ask to be contacted via seaoflove.com I actually had a conversation with one of the posers on yahoo personals since I had a registered account. she gave me a yahoo email address that she claimed "she almost never uses" and I could only chat with her by signing up on seaoflove. I signed up for a free account just to see what all the fuss was about and it immediately appeared to be a scam. I still get emails claiming I have messages from members on seaoflove.com but they all appear to be pre-written by the authors of the site in order to fool people into paying for an account. Its amazing the lengths some people will go to just to make a quick buck.

Lover

Anonymous
I know for a fact that it's a scam. I work for them. But if you read their terms and conditions, what they're doing is not illegal. And they give decent pay.

pissed off

Anonymous
Sea of love is most definitely a scam! I signed up after receiving an email from a yahoo user and after some investigation I have determined that the site is a fraud and the messages are fake. I hope the people running this site die horrible deaths.

Mikey Mike

Anonymous
Get so tired of all the scams. Another thing is the outrageous prices the real ones charge. I've tried plentyoffish.com and bluecollardates.com. Used them and never payed a fee. EVER. Now that I like

Trailblazer

Anonymous
indifferent
I to recieved a sea of love msg on my yahoo account and like a fool went a filled out and posted my profile and the person that posted it to me wasn't to be found and about the time I was ready to abandon it I got several msgs from women all in to me, unchareteristicly. Theese ideal women pperfect. now every so often I get a msg from some perfect women. I think they are so atuicly spun baiting people to join, and pay them. As for the site I get anoid and the graphics and music, its a cheap ploy. I highly suggest leaveing it alone.

Anonymous

Anonymous
determined
I feel this sea of love site needs to be put out of business. I joined and had the hardest time contacting the site. I had so many problems with the site it wasn't funny. Not only do they not want to return your money but they make it near impossible to file a report against them through the Better Business Bureau as there is no hard physical address only a PO box. There are certain unethical practices going on here and possibly illegal however, we must ban together and form a class action suit or something. Any suggestions are appreciate on how to get rid of them.

Anonymous

Anonymous
determined
I feel this sea of love site needs to be put out of business. I joined and had the hardest time contacting the site. I had so many problems with the site it wasn't funny. Not only do they not want to return your money but they make it near impossible to file a report against them through the Better Business Bureau as there is no hard physical address only a PO box. There are certain unethical practices going on here and possibly illegal however, we must ban together and form a class action suit or something. Any suggestions are appreciate on how to get rid of them.

anonymous

Anonymous
Quote by: Xanthras

Seaoflove is a scam posing as a legitimate dating site. It is not affiliated with Yahoo, but instead it appears the unscrupulous authors of the site troll yahoo looking for members to steal by sending them a message posing as a hot female and ask to be contacted via seaoflove.com I actually had a conversation with one of the posers on yahoo personals since I had a registered account. she gave me a yahoo email address that she claimed "she almost never uses" and I could only chat with her by signing up on seaoflove. I signed up for a free account just to see what all the fuss was about and it immediately appeared to be a scam. I still get emails claiming I have messages from members on seaoflove.com but they all appear to be pre-written by the authors of the site in order to fool people into paying for an account. Its amazing the lengths some people will go to just to make a quick buck.

...yep, glad I googled sea of love and found this thread before I signed up...same scenario...

jh66

Anonymous
cheerful
I have to agree with Mike and Xanthras. As Mike, I had a similar experience with Sea of Love. I received a message directing me to the site from a really hot girl. She was almost naked in her pictures. Razz Of course, to talk to her I had to become a member. I quickly realized the scam and directed all her emails to the trash. You have more than enough sites listed here to try for free. My favorite is Yahoo Personals. A bit expensive but their membership is for real and you get busy really quick after posting your profile. A good one not listed here I like is cupidjusthitme. You won't see this one in TV or advertised a lot but it has millions of members just like the famous ones. I met my current girlfriend here. The nice thing it didn't cost me anything. As a member she emailed me, and I was able to email her back for free back and forth. Kudos to the owner of this site. Hopefully, I won't need to visit here anymore. I think I may have found my life partner. Good luck to all, JH

All times are EST. The time is now 10:15 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content