Online Dating & Relationships Forums

BE2 scam. received an email from a solicitor representing b2

Rocket

Anonymous
cheerful
Hi folk
I was lucky because I had cancelled and renewed my credit card and the be2 scammers couldn't take money out. I have had a solicitor claiming to represent me chasing me for over a year. They just recently informed me they are going to court. I said go for it...I was targeted by a scammer working from the be2 site and the only way I could get rid of that person other than changing my email address was that I paid a private security agent in the relevant country to deal with the scammer. It cost me $420 US

So my approach to the scammer claiming to represent be2(a scammer site) as a solicitor is that I told them to go for it and take it to court. That way I will have all of their details & I can then counter sue them for their lousy security & hence damages to me

Best option...never put you private or credit card details into any dating site
I have had 2 attempted accesses to my gmail account, both can only have come via a dating agency
Google are very good, they blocked both attempts

Have fun & I hope you all find the right person...eventually & despite the grubs taking advantage of us all

another victim from hong kong

Anonymous
angry
Hi there,

I'm the other one from Hong Kong. I came across this site in the middle of 2016 and have joined a 6-month package. I did receive some emails and some profiles, although the whole thing didn't really interested me much and i decided to cancel the service. I didn't aware of the expiry date until i saw they took over a thousand HKD from my bank account. As soon as i checked and read the terms carefully, alright, okay i accepted the truth as it's my fault missing out the terms before the expiry date and the thousand something dollars taught me a lesson. Still, to avoid these guys charging me without notice again after I searched on the net and learnt that it's nothing but a scam, I printed and filled in the application form to apply for cancellation. It has taken me so much time to figure out how to contact Be2! I saw a fax number, so i faxed, don't even remember if I emailed cuz it was quite a long time ago. Or maybe I have sent by post too! Of course there has been no reply, until i saw on the net people were talking about them as scam, I seeked for advice from friends and cancelled my credit card immediately. (I've asked the bank to block this account from withdrawing my money, although the bank said they did not have the rights to do so, which I don't understand. So cancelling the credit card and reporting the card as lost to the credit card company seemed to be the right things to do.) Thinking that there will be peace forever, until today I received an email from what? "call2collect.nl" - like debt collector? telling me some outstanding bills of "$2610" (not knowing it's USD or what) and threatening about legal fees blablabla... There was a moment I didnt know what to do but i took the next step as searching on google and found this forum. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences! I think I will ignore this and see how it goes. Not sure if it is really necessary to report to the Police... If any victims from Hong Kong know the way dealing with this, kindly share. Thanks!

joe

Anonymous
scamanalyze results are

Be2.com has Poor Reputation
May not be Safe to Use
Updated Dec 1 2016

joe

Anonymous
@Hong Kong

Ignore these criminal threats theyre unenforceable.

Greg

Anonymous
angry
This is the same senario over and over. How do we warn people of this scam. They are making money out of people. The cancellation of a subscription is almost impossible and they make it very difficult.

victim from Hong Kong

Anonymous
freakingout
I got three emails from probably the "debt collector" and the last one says a bailiff may serve me a summons. I read what you folks have been sharing in this forum, and am really grateful for that, though still wondering if it's alright to ignore that... I cancelled my credit card already. What should I do now?

kELLY

Anonymous
angry
THIS SITE IS A SCAM. MY E-MAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT EVEN EXIST ON THIS SITE AND THEY ARE DEDUCTING MONEY OFF MY CREDIT CARD. I HAVE HAD TO CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD AND OPEN A FRAUD CASE AGAINST THEM.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE.

SG

Anonymous
angry
Hi

Am another victim to this website, notice only when my credit card was charge. Contacted them via email and they need a signature as proof of cancellation and send by fax! Who uses fax these days? So I printed the email on request on cancellation, signed and attached via email. Well...not as if there was a signature during registration where they can verified and double confirm on the signature when a same email address was being used... duh!!!?? Reason they gave was insisting for a signature was crappy.

Anyway lesson learned! I have cancelled my credit card for good as well as deleted my profile.

Accordingly to them even you have cancelled your membership you will still remain active. For those who wish to delete your profile, you may click on your circular photo icon, "Settings" and then scroll to the bottom, click on the link "delete your profile’. This will bring you to the next page, scroll to the bottom once again and click on the delete button once more and profile should be deleted.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
I to thought Be 2 was a scam ... but it wasn't. Yes, they took an unauthorised amount from credit card (N.Z $480.00) not the $46 they advertised. Communication was not great but fortunately I found the email address on these reviews of a customer support person who was sincere and they rightfully returned all of my money to my credit card. The whole thing was a worrying experience but in my case I was lucky to receive my money back. Good luck.

SG victim

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

I am Singapore user , I have get in touch with Singapore Press holding Straits Times to report them , anymore interested to share story with Straits Times , let me know . Unity is strength

I try to join you, just been charged $240 without any notice and they told me enroll only $9.5 per month, now became per week and one time collection. And they keep charging use my credit card . I have to cancel the card and see what's will be next.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:42 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content