Online Dating & Relationships Forums

My experience with eHarmony

Russ

Anonymous
My experience with e harmony has yet to be determined. Let me explain..I have been on several dating sites including POF. I dont think alot of people say what they mean on these sites. I say that from experience.
I am a nice guy..probably too nice. i believe thats not really what alot of women want. Im 53 years old & just looking to meet the right one. I,m no model, but not bad looking either. I read several other blogs on here from guys who have similar experiences.

POF is a decent place to meet people, HOWEVER, for us guys its much more difficult. Its good to have choices, but i think there are too many, which just makes people vear off to someone else who messages them. Woman will get many more messages than us guys... ergo, many choices & distractions from what seemed like a nice conversation. Just an fyi- Good luck ever getting hold of customer service there I have taken a break from online dating because as the people who run these sites know, it becomes addicting to see who msgd you & can be very disappointing to send a thoughtful message to someone, & get no response- many times over. I currently would rather feel lonely, than disappointment... Also, i cant figure out why so many ladies dont take the time to write some kind of profile.. ?

Anyway, Ive been holding out on joining e harmony until I'm done taking a break from online dating. I've held out on e harmony because my expectations of this site are very high as they are probably the most reputable from what Ive heard. That will probably be my last ditch effort for online dating.

jim

Anonymous
Complete waste of time. Absolutely no compatibility with who you are looking for.

anonymous

Anonymous
determined
I tried eHarmony and it was a waste of money. It did not connect me with anyone that I was looking for, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I have been on other dating websites and have went on dates, but this site matched me up with non-compatible people, do not use eHarmony, you would have a better chance walking around in a city then going on to eHarmony, its a rip off!

The voice

Anonymous
angry
Quote by: Anonymous

As a guy I can tell you it takes longer to meet women on eharmony. I have been using this dating site for half a year and have very little to show for it except a lot of wasted time. All the women I have talked to ended up never been very good matches. How is that supposed to help me? They also should match people based on their jobs. I earn a 6 figure income and do not want to be matched with someone who has 3 kids and is barely able to support herself and her family. I am not a charity!

Well greg maybe you have no met any one yet is because of the fact that your kind of a douche men like you all ways think because you make a good amount of money that your entitled to the perfect woman what ever that may be and the woman your looking for may not be interested in you at all or feel like she needs you in her life so maybe you should climb off your high horse and you may find someone jerk.

Heather

Anonymous
I've had no luck on this site for three weeks. The men I'm a supposed 100% match with have completely different political and spiritual beliefs than me. It's a racket if you ask me.

eric

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

I tried eHarmony and it was a waste of money. It did not connect me with anyone that I was looking for, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I have been on other dating websites and have went on dates, but this site matched me up with non-compatible people, do not use eHarmony, you would have a better chance walking around in a city then going on to eHarmony, its a rip off!

absolutely what i found .rip off quick money scam

Diane

Anonymous
stupid
Angry My experience with eharmony was men soliciting me for large amounts of money. 350K, I have tried to contact eharmoney, BBB and consumer affairs. This is totally a scan for men to steal money from woman whom feel they are totally in love with them. In less than a month, guess what.. I have the emails to prove it.

Now, I'm gun shy as i truly thought he cared, I even bought him an Easter gift. How stupid is that.

I want this to go viral so other women don't get used and abused. I hope they pay for all that they have stolen from women all over the world.

ed

Anonymous
^^^
Nigerians with fake profiles is common on all date sites in order to scam females and it seems to work

Rod

Anonymous
Don't commit money unless you've got money spare. Fortunately I didn't, as frankly I think it's quite sad to ask someone to commit that much money simply in the pursuit of love. What could once be found with serendipity for free in the real world has been thoroughly monetised. I'd used OKcupid before and their fee is more reasonable, about £35 for 6 months, that's fine with me ( though as with all of them, remember they auto-renew! ) ans that is ample time to find someone.

Worth noting that with E-harmony they won't let you do anything, apart from send a smile. Oh joy. You can't send a message without a subscription and you can only see blurred photos as a default, and yes I also note the same issues with distance matching - it was a further issue.

Anyway, back to OKCupid for me, which has always been me go to one before-hand and I've done well enough ( 2 longish term relationships, and a few other nice dates, for which I am not blaming the app for not going further obviously! ).I only checked out eharmony as I was curious to see what other sites were like, but from my experience, there is already one definitely better value for money around.

So don't rush in to subscriptions

Wasted money

Anonymous
I would give eharmony a 0, if I could. The ads promising some type of algorithm are a marketing ploy, as was the arduous survey users must complete. No actual algorithm exists, and the site displays what appears to be whatever profiles are available at the time. The “compatible” matches feel equally random. Save the money and avoid

All times are EST. The time is now 12:15 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content