Online Dating & Relationships Forums

My experience with eHarmony

Susana

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

As a guy I can tell you it takes longer to meet women on eharmony. I have been using this dating site for half a year and have very little to show for it except a lot of wasted time. All the women I have talked to ended up never been very good matches. How is that supposed to help me? They also should match people based on their jobs. I earn a 6 figure income and do not want to be matched with someone who has 3 kids and is barely able to support herself and her family. I am not a charity!

Wow that's a horrible thing to say. Love is not about money but acceptance. No wonder you have not find anybody yet.

Sue

Anonymous
EHarmony is terrible. I was getting "matches who live two hours away. The assistance I got was eHarmony changing my distance preference to "very important".... there are no reasonable eHarmony matches is my radius. EHarmony will not delete my profile and refund the balance. I'm stuck there for 5 more months. I am so angry. I wish I'd read the app reviews before I wasted money on that horrible site

Yolo

Anonymous

I have had a good experience with eharmony so far but they are the first dating site I have ever joined. Their matches for the most part seem excellent but I am having some problems contacting the people. Maybe only about half the ones I send a message to ever write me back. Is this normal on a dating site? I would think if you joined you would be replying to most messages. I know I do even if it is just to say

“Thanks for the message but I am not interested.”

BTW what is the eharmony contact phone number? I want to talk to customer service about a small issue I have.

Having exactly the same problem now, they used to have a guided communication feature which really did a good job with weeding out the time wasters, they have ditched that and I am now experiencing this when I write to 'matches'.

Bad attitude

Anonymous
angry
Men or women that meet their "someone special" within a week or two are rare and fortunate. My complaints about EH are 1: once you go past the 3 day free trial period you can not get a refund no matter what the reason. Yes, it does tell you that up front BUT often times it takes much longer than 3 days to find out many of the websites issues, then it's too late. 2: you can not crop a photo on EH. I had a photo that I really wanted to post so i cropped it, saved it and posted it. It appeared to be exactly how i wanted it after cropping out other people in the photo but 3 weeks after posting that photo, as I was chatting with a "match", she asked who the other people in the photo were ! I called "customer service" and they admitted that yes, they do not have " a good cropping system." I told them it not only wasn't good, that it did not work at all. Think i could get a refund ? Not hardly.
3 : i had a "match" that i BLOCKED and yet her complete profile stayed on my match page. I had to look at her picture every time i went to the match page and i could still read her profile even though a popup window told me i couldn't becuase she had "moved on". Again, no resolution from EH "customer service."
4: ever try to type out a message to someone on EH ? The window they give you is extremely small and you also can not see the message that the person sent to you at the same time so you have to constantly jump back and forth between the two to see all of the questions and comments that you are trying to answer. A real pain for sure. 5 : getting scolded like a child is not my idea of "customer service ." On my profile i typed in a comment about EH being a "piss poor" website and they shut down my profile for using OFFENSIVE language. I wrote that in anger over the photo cropping problem, which i had sent an email to the so called customer service without any resolution, which by later talking to them directly on the phone, i only then find out their cropping system is a failure. Well tough cookies for us on that one too because they dont care about anything but your money.
My personal advice for anyone reading this, should it even get posted and not taken down for " offensive language" or because it is so negative, is to NOT JOIN EH. Save your money and go elsewhere. I am extremely unhappy with the website. Do i get lots of matches ? Yes. But the website itself and the so called customer service are unpleasant and all they care about is your money. One final negative about EH : they don't make it easy to contact them.

Bad attitude

Anonymous
angry

I have had a good experience with eharmony so far but they are the first dating site I have ever joined. Their matches for the most part seem excellent but I am having some problems contacting the people. Maybe only about half the ones I send a message to ever write me back. Is this normal on a dating site? I would think if you joined you would be replying to most messages. I know I do even if it is just to say

“Thanks for the message but I am not interested.”

BTW what is the eharmony contact phone number? I want to talk to customer service about a small issue I have.

Having exactly the same problem now, they used to have a guided communication feature which really did a good job with weeding out the time wasters, they have ditched that and I am now experiencing this when I write to 'matches'.

I had to google EH customer service to get a contact number since they do not have one that i could find on the home page where my profile is ( which would only make sense to have it there for our convenience, right ? ). The first number i tried did not work, only got a constant busy signal. I found another number that did work. It is 1-844-527-7421. I used it yesterday on January 16, 2017. I was also shocked that i was able to speak to a human fairly fast and she actually spoke English! !! But she was snobby and repeatedly cut me off when i spoke about all the issues i currently have with their website. I got no satisfaction. None. I just wasted $150 on a membership to a website that has issues that they can not or will not fix.

Bad attitude

Anonymous

Be careful!!!

They stole my money!
And I could not get it back. My plan was for a year with a 3months installments, but after 2 payments (2 months) they terminated my account giving the reason that they could not deduct the third installment which is quite silly. I was more than happy to pay the 3rd I to be able to use the system but they never cared. I followed it up but the REAL problem which we never care is the terms and conditions. They can cancel our membership with no reason!!! Can you believe it? Yes, this is what they wrote in their terms and conditions!

It was a waste of money and they never tried to find a solution except to start another membership meaning to pay from the beginning. Am I a fool you think?!

Guys just be careful.

Well, i am likely going to experience the same thing that you just described because out of LEGITIMATE anger i used vulgar, offensive language on my profile to describe my feelings of EH. I said.... are you ready for this ?........ i said the words "piss poor."
OMG. How could i be so insensitive ? Lol. Bet they are going to cancel me also now that they have two of the three monthly payments, or maybe they will wait until they get the last payment in 10 days from now and then cancel me. Doesn't really matter to me now. EH is the worst of the worst dating sites and their "customer service " is rude and snobbish to say the least. I'm telling anyone that will listen to me to stay far away from EH.

LALA

Anonymous
cheerful
I have not been on the site very long but I have reached out to about 8 men. Not one response so far. Most only have one maybe two pictures-thought maybe they were fake profiles.
I'm a pretty woman so just in case someone would remark about that-that isn't the issue. It's as if there isn't anyone on the site. I find it very strange.
The customer support said it could take weeks for a man to respond-REALLY???? Just find it weird.

Ms. T

Anonymous
This is not a good dating website and has been an awful experience. The customer service is terrible. The matches are sub-par. This is my first real experience with a dating website and it isn't great.

YOLO

Anonymous
The app has gone downhill big time.

1) Education is very important to me, I have set it to Bachelors as a minimum, yet I am getting matched with non degree holders. Call me a snob, but for me anyway someone who has put an effort into getting a degree etc is the type of person I want to date. I can often tell the difference between the two, the non educated ones or poorly educated seem to be so shallow.

2) Location is often way off, I am looking for somebody in London yet getting matched with people not in the city.

3) The quality of matches are just *censored* now, I think that they ditched the questionnaire and that has caused a lot of the annoying non serious online daters from other apps to join.

4) No guided communcation = too easy to ignore guys now. I used to have a 99 percent success rate prior to this change, now it is 60%

Anybody know of a good alternative app.

Jake

Anonymous
awake
I had a really good experience with eharmony.

Early last year after 2 months being on the dating site I met my future wife. We just got married and have never been happier.

eharmony matched us right after she joined (I joined 2 months before her) and we messaged each other for a few days and then decided to meet and never looked back. I would have not met her without eharmony! Big Grin

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:01 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content