Dating Sites Reviews Forums

How to beat the credit card auto renewal scam

Page navigation

firebird

Anonymous
Go to Walgreens or most any other store and buy a prepaid credit card. I thing they make them in both visa and mastercard.

I have not really checked this out so I might be wrong so let me know.

But if it is like my prepaid cell phone, just buy an amount sufficent for whatever time length you want to intially be on a dating site.

Use this card like you would a normal non-prepaid card.

And when this card expires, if you do not want to renew your membership, whne the date site ignores your request to not renew your membership and tries to charge your card, don't add funds to the prepaid card and the dating site will not be able to auto renew.

I have yet to see this idea mentioned.

But DO chose NOT to auto renew. The site will probably ignore your request. By using the prepaid credit card, you are not going to get ripped off if the card has no funds in it And you did chose not to auto renew. .

What do you think about this idea?

slipt70

Anonymous
it wont work they dont allow pre-paids, I checked out like 4 diff ones

p

Anonymous
Best way round it is to pay by pay by paypal then just cancel through paypal, mobile phone is another way which you can cancel by sending a "STOP" text, or just contact your bank and get the card cancelled if you think you are being scammed.

S.Dave

Forum User
I'm quite confused about how to beat the credit card auto renewal scam. Does anyone can support this issue??? Thanks in advance. Smile

Glen

Anonymous
You can get a regular credit card, but keep a limited amount in it for dating site charges. When you cancel the dating site, you can cancel the card, or remove most funds from it. Also, if you pay with PayPal, you can cancel the payments, and I don't think the dating site can do anything about it. It is a shame that most dating sites, who are already making gobs of money, have to be so greedy that they engage in the practice of making it hard to cancel, and charging customers even after they do. They probably loose more money from the bad PR than they make from the practice, and it's just plain unethical. Why the government does not step in to prevent them from doing it is also a shame. That even sites like eHarmony, which claims to have a Christian foundation, makes it hard to cancel, is particularly disgusting. By the way, if you do want to join there at the lowest price, here's how. Do a trial, and cancel (being sure to pay a safe way). You'll soon get many emails with discount offers. Don't bite on the first one. They will keep getting lower and lower, and bottom out (at least they did with me) at about 90% discount, or $6/mo. The thing I don't like about eH is that their supposedly great matching sucks, and you can't search for your own matches. However, the user base is generally a littler higher class with fewer scammers and jerks, because most people pay quite a bit for membership.

jim

Anonymous
i did manage to pay for 3 days to trial fling com by using a phone payment only to find it was a scam .so no further losses ensued.. now i would only use a 1 off payment like a cheque as none of them can be trusted with your card details ,,all unscrupulous fraudsters..

jim

Anonymous
i would not rely on using paypal as many date sites wont accept paypal as they know it can be challenged and reversed thus eroding their scam capabilities..to continue auto payments

eric

Anonymous
Quote by: S.Dave

I'm quite confused about how to beat the credit card auto renewal scam. Does anyone can support this issue??? Thanks in advance. Smile

either dont give it in the 1st place or cancel card right away.its not rocket science

TS

Anonymous
My credit card has a lock feature on the app. When its locked nothing can be charged against the card. That's how I beat the auto-renew feature.

al

Anonymous
they will still hit you with the threats of debt collectors tho even tho they cant do such a thing as they need to get a court order first before sending in the heavys ..but they will try it month after months to scare you into paying up some money ..Be2 is hard to get rid of as they use blackmail to scare subscribers

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:45 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content