Subject: BE2 scam. received an email from a solicitor representing b2

Posted on: 2013/02/06 10:18am
By: Anonymous

I think many of you have heart b2, it;s so far the biggest mistake I have ever made with online dating site.
I paid 5 CDN for a first month tryout, then I found this site is a crap so I stopped using it. After 1 month, I found my creditcard bill has shown a amount of 179CDN, I looked it up and found it was charged by be2 for a regular membership monthly fee. I called my creditcard company told them this was an unauthorized transaction so I got my money back. HERE COMES THE NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ever since then, b2 has been reacting as a super professional worldwide dating chain company(compare to their reluctance of writing back to me on how to cancel my membership, I wrote them many emails but didn;t get any email back, they have no customer service phone number either). I received this wanrning email said I have till what date to pay my outstanding amount with b2. I was almost going to send it, but then I searched google and found there are soooooooo many cases exactly like mine hanging there. Now I knew it;s a scam and I felt lucky that I didn;t send the money.
HERE COMES SOLICITOR!!!!!!!!
This morning as Feb 5th, 2013, 2 month since I last talked to be2 people. I received this letter from a solicitor claims to represent b2 and asking me to pay my membership fee by Feb 21 this month.
Here is the email I received. /
Is there anyone else has same issue with a solicitor involved?
What should I do with it? Can I just ignor it?
I need urgent advice!!!!!!!!!

Re: BE2 scam. received an email from a solicitor representing b2

Posted on: 2013/02/28 04:32am

I recieved exactly the same email and reacted just like you. All I would say is they are clearly scammers, reputable companies dont operate this way!

I wont be paying them a penny.

How come they never use your name in correspondents, what legal firm addresses someone as be2 user?
If its so important why dont they write an actual letter?

Posted on: 2013/04/08 02:59pm

Neutral Hi, I've just been scammed too! They first took £149 from me, I got my bank to withdraw that back to me. I then had a letter from them saying they wanted it back. I explained that I didn't know why they took that amount etc and that I wasn't aware of it and it was far too much and I knowingly wouldn't have signed up for that amount!!
They then said it states in the Terms and Conditions that If I didn't cancel within a month it would automatically renew onto a Premium membership costing £149! I have been arguing with them for 3 weeks now and they now say they're getting the debt collectors on my case.....I did try to cancel on April 2nd but they didn't get back to me and I couldn't cancel whilst online...
Does anyone know what will happen now?

Posted on: 2013/04/23 07:33am

Do not pay them. If they one to go to court then go to court any court would throw this out. There terms and conditions are ridiculously prohibitive and unfair.

Also debt collectors have no jurisdiction withour a court order

Posted on: 2013/05/11 07:49am

hi all,
i am facing the same problem as i had my membership as their festive offer for a month for 5pound which i subscribed by online mode and i wasnt happy with the service seems very dozzy and scam so never visited the site .and as i thought i purchased for a month so never think about any further payment.but on 18th april i received online transation alert call from my bank so i stop the payment by forbiding any payment to this scamer company and send them email that i am no more interested in there service and i received auto message to contact there customer sevice but after a week i discovered that they widrawn 149 pound from my a/c so i envolved my bank and they recovered my money .and followed that bank involvement i sent another mail to them along with faxing them to cancel my a/c. I didnot received any communication .but today i received the mail for the payment along with the legal action threat .so i have mail him again that they cant cheat people like this.so now am looking for some legal suggestion in this regard .thanks

BE2 scam

Posted on: 2013/05/15 12:48pm

I am a victim from Singapore. BE2 closed my account 6 days after it was opened. I had paid for 1 year subscription. The only reason BE2 customer service gave was that i have "used their services for denied purposes", which is utterly ridiculous as i had done nothing inappropriate. BE2 customer service ignored all my emails requesting for clear explanation on why my account was blocked.
Since joining BE2, i have been swarmed by scammers.
I am really worried of identity theft. I am afraid BE2 may use my profile to interact and scam other genuine BE2 members.
I have since lodged a police report and terminated my credit card.

wai

Re: BE2 scam. received an email saying pay now or I shall be charged more.

Posted on: 2013/06/07 06:06am

I too have sent many email explaining that I didn't ask for this service. I have been ignored. They said I had to sign & return the form to cancel Premium Membership of I would be charged again. I did so to cancel any further payment being taken from me. They then said I was too late & had to pay another 6 months membership. I asked why & how much was this for. NO reply from them. I email several times but NO reply. Then an email saying that as they couldn't get payment from me they were going to add it to my next payment & it would keep mounting up unless I pay it. This is frightening & I'm not sure how to stop it. Does anyone know what to do?
Oops!

Recent victom of b2 dating site

Posted on: 2013/06/10 02:32pm

Please can someone tell me if they have successful cancelled from this site.

I have paid the £5 trail, and then was very suspicious having received only 2 emails (which were received immediately - probably from the site to hook you in to joining)and a couple of views, so I sent out about 30 messages, which haven't elicited a single reply or viewing and I'm not that bad!

I then decided to cancel, as it seemed a very poor site, but could find no way to cancel. Decide to google and found all the reviews! Wish I'd done that first.

I have now sent them 2 emails as I can only deactivate my account, there is no way to cancel it.

I have instructed my bank to make no further payments to them.

Any up to date advice would be appreciated.

Posted on: 2013/06/12 09:07am

I too joined up to this site and was so disappointed that a week after the 30 day £5 trial has started I cancelled. What I didn't realise is that cancelling through the website wasn't enough and I needed to have sent a fax the week before the membership was due for renewal. I only sent the fax 3 days before.

When they tried to take the payment of £149.98 from my account it bounced due to lack of funds so they emailed me threatening all sorts - I explained I could not pay in one go and suggested installments over 6 months. They offered installments over 3 months starting 15th June. Well they took the entire £150 from my account on 6th June. I emailed them and asked them to return the £95 they should not have taken. They emailed to say I had not replied to their offer on time- to which i resent my original (on time) email! Have not heard back from them since. However I contacted my bank last night and explained this story- they are taking the £150 back and crediting my account. They have also put a stop on Be2 being able to take any further funds from my account. I wish i had read about them on the net before I joined. I may start a facebook group about them and if i could find the FB owners email address I would ask them to remove their adverting as this is where i first saw the ad. Good luck with getting refunds everybody.

Re: I won!!

Posted on: 2013/06/15 12:55am

DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS ORGANIZATION.

Like everybody else I too had all those problems. Took out the AU$5 short-term subscription and received a message from a member which I considered to be offensive. I reported it to Be2 and thought that was that. Suddenly I found my access blocked before the short term finished. I started with the emails! And, like everybody else, just got those automated replies telling me I owed them a ridiculous membership fee. The emails went on and on. I quoted them clauses from their T&Cs and then got an email saying that I, me, myself had sent an offensive message and had been blocked accordingly!!!!!! Well, that really got me going. To cut a very long story short I got an email from a debt collection agency demanding EU147. I promptly sent them copies of about 15 emails showing my attempt to resolve the matter and imagine my surprise (and delight) when I received a reply the other day saying that it was "unethical to pursue this debt and it has been closed" at their end!!!! I must admit that in this age of computers, many sites seem to only have automated replies which have nothing to do with questions raised. I suppose they get hundreds/thousands of emails and argue that they can't read/reply to all of them! But ....

If you get a demand from the debt collector, do what I did. Flood them with any emails you've sent. I'm sure I'm not the first. And won't be the last!

Posted on: 2013/06/27 01:53am

I too am dealing with these slimey b##stards. I like every signed up to the trial, got nothing out of got shut out of it disregarded the whole site. And in the last couple of months have been getting these emails for some german or austrian "lawyer" demanding I owe EUR 240,62 . I have replied demanding they show me in a contract that i have signed or agreed to. They just keep coming back quoting legal crap. See Below

your objection is that you never made use of our client`s offer and therefore have no obligation to pay. You are, however, crucially mistaken. You registered with our client and undertook to make payment. Our client made the offer available in accordance with this agreement entered into with you. Thus our client fulfilled its obligation and is therefore entitled to the contractually agreed payment. So you have to pay!!

The facts and circumstances underlying this are comparable with the case of a newspaper subscription. There, too, the newspaper is supplied. Wether the newspaper is read by the subscriber or not has no effect on the existing obligation to make payment.

In the name and on behalf of our client we therefore demant that you transfer the amount due of EUR 240,62 to the account quoted below within one week. Should you be unable to pay this amount in one sum, we expect to receive within that time limit a reasonable proposal for payment by instalments. You are welcome to send your proposal to the following email address.

Can they really sue me for this amount. What should I do

BTW it is only that I had my CC stolen and fraud attempt that I had to get a new account and they couldnt widthdraw the money originally.

What do I do now do I ignore them and hope they give up or bombard them or get real legal advise. its ridiculous they thiink I wilklhand ove that money like that to whoever and for nothing... WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE ???

Posted on: 2013/07/04 07:20am

Dont worry please I have had about ten e mails badly written and very threatening. I sought legal advise to which my solicitor laughed and said they will never take this to court. They're breaching many laws. They are under report from many countries too. It has been linked to a fiancé company it Luxembourg who need we say more rip people off....

Posted on: 2013/07/23 10:23am

I've been reading through all the B2 posts and have found myself in the same position. Am feeling a little stupid about the whole thing - signed up when feeling a little down and then found it totally awful. I thought I was signing up for a month and found I was charged $600 for six months. I tried to cancel and couldn't and it only stopped when the CC was stolen. I kept getting their crap but ignored it. About four months later the emails from the German "lawyers" started. Despite my explanations that I've not exceeded any trial period and have actually paid for a six month membership there are demands for 248 euros. It's now progressed and I've been told that they've applied to the "district court with jurisdiction" for me. Totally exasperated I wrote and said that the entire exchange had been via a hotmail account and they could not seriously think (a) that I was going to put that much money into a bank account without proper documentation and (b) that I wanted any further exchange on formal letterhead that could be verified by my lawyer. I've seen on other sites that people suggest just leaving it but I don't want to land somewhere overseas and find that someone has a warrant out for my arrest or have a bailiff turn up on my doorstep. Any suggestions???

Posted on: 2013/07/23 01:35pm

I am in exactly the same predicament - I cancelled my account last summer before the £5 month trial period ran out - well I tried to - it took about 4 months to finally get a response from their "customer services" and i had to fax them a signed letter! In this day and age? i don't think so but I did it. Lo and behold they allege they don;t have my fax!! Twice they have taken money from my account but my credit card company now have them on fraud alert with a stop when they try to take any more payments. My credit card companmy also refunded both lots of money to me.

Today I received a demand from "intrum justitia" - no way will I be giving them any money. The best advice I can give to you is ignore their demands - if you respond to them to complain or to advise you have shut your account you are actually acknowledging receipt of their letter - DO NOT RESPOND - IGNORE. This is what I will be doing - I cannot believe what a scam Be2 are and how on earth google allow them to be first on their search facility is beyond me.

Five Minutes too late

Posted on: 2013/07/27 06:58am

I joined Be2 a few months ago, and was extremely resistant to pay any money. Well, tonight I did sign up for the six-month membership as I wanted to reply to a message. As soon as my payment was processed that person was suddenly no longer available, so I replied to someone else. I saw there was already a 'message from me'. This raised my suspicions, as I certainly have not corresponded with this person.
I rang my bank immediately to cancel the payment and found to my horror that the entire six months- $234 had been debited at once.
I have cancelled my card but the bank could not assure me the payment could be cancelled.
There is a procedure on their website for cancelling membership on-line..it says go to Settings and do Blah Blah. Well here is some news: Settings doesn't open.
I will pursue these people to the ends of the earth to get back my $234.

Wish I had seen these warnings half an hour ago.

Posted on: 2013/12/08 05:56pm

Hi All,

I have gone through the same nightmare and was furious as you all are, emailed them all the evidence - screenshots - how they site work, that there was no option to cancel the subscription. I received emails fro them explaining on and on the same thing. The emails kept going backward and forward but i was not going to let them get away with it and eventually i accused them of publishing misleading information on their site and threatened with the law of their country. Their legs must have got soft as they had payed me back half of the amount stolen!!

I hope that the above gives some idea how to talk with them Big Grin GOOD LUCK !!

Posted on: 2013/12/14 08:04am

And here I am from good old South Africa, thinking that I was the only one caught by this scheme.... 6 months and many e-mails later I had to close my bank account to get away from b2 and their scams!
Good luck to everybody else that fell into the same trap - damn what fookls they make of us!!

Posted on: 2014/01/15 07:01pm

Anyone got Be2's customer service email address ?

Thanks

Posted on: 2014/01/17 09:23am

I an now in negotiations with there solicitors as follows.
Hi I do apologize for the non payment of said fee however I feel the description of the service received was not the same as the service advertised also it was impossible to cancel my subscription ( basically its a con). In turn I have a payment ready for you to collect which is equal in value to the service provided. The value of this dog *censored* is slightly higher than the value of the service that was provided. I valued the deficit you owe me as £35.58 which now is outstanding please send payment via bankers draft. Please collect your dog *censored* at your earliest convenience as I will start charging for storage.

I have not copied image I sent

Posted on: 2014/01/28 10:19am
By: Loopy77

Hi there
I'm in a similar situation to all you guys whereby they tried to take the money out of my acount (after many failed attempts at cancelling my membewrship), luckily however my bank rejected the payment so they never got the money. Since then I have been receiving letters from their solicitors which i initiailly answered however have refrained from replying to over the last few months. Today however I received the following

Dear Be2 user,

Our client is complaining about the outstanding payment, and is demanding that we now obtain, an order to pay and enforcement order against you and institute compulsory execution.

You had ample opportunity to settle the matter out of court, to settle the claim in monthly instalments or to discuss a partial reduction of the claim with us. You have allowed all these opportunities to pass to no avail. We shall now have to comply with our client's urgent demand to enforce the claim in court.

On behalf of and with power of attorney from our client we set you herewith a preclusive time limit of up to and including 12.02.14 to settle the claim in the amount of 230,47 EUR

You must contact us urgently and settle the claim at least in instalments, as the further
solicitors' fees, court and bailiff costs you will now incur will clearly exceed the amount of asserted.

- I have not yet sought legal advise as i just thought they'd give up - what should I do??

Posted on: 2014/02/01 06:28am

Hi
I too signed up and the same as all of the messages above:
-got a terrible service
-people left as soon as I tried to respond to their supposed emails
-got messages from people saying I had contacted them
-tried to cancel my 'free trial' period, sent and received an email on how to cancel online only to find I couldn't do it but as I was no longer able to view anyone's profile etc I stupidly assumed they had cancelled it for me!

I've now been receiving daily emails in response to my complaint and threat to go to trading standards, asking for $165. I too was going to pay to get them off my back but after reading this forum and others online, I am not going to pay & will let them do all the threatening they like, especially as someone has said they took legal advice and it was laughed at!

I am going to respond now to say I have found all this feedback from others who too have tried to cancel & then I'm leaving it at that!

Good luck everyone I think it's despicable that they prey on those of us looking for friendship or companionship but I guess that's the way some people are. I may try to alert them to our trading standards in Australia and will post up anything I find helpful or useful.

Posted on: 2014/02/04 02:42am

Hi there,

From South Africa and they are running this scam big-time here as well.
I joined for a month in September 2013 and was not allowed to cancel my membership 2 weeks before the membership was renewed. I then sent an e-mail to my bank making a dispute claim, and asked them to action this immediately once the money was withdrawn from my account. Said money was withdrawn and only then was I allowed access to my subscription in order to cancel it. I then had the bank issue a charge-back on the account.

4 months later (Jan 2014), I get a little e-mail titled FINAL PAYMENT REMINDER. I am supposedly a member (hilarious!!) and I need to pay them this amount plus an additional collection fee. The amount is now literally 20 times more than the original one-month subscription.

I sent them a long e-mail stating unequivocally that I am not a member and that I do not owe them anything.
Then i got another nastier letter in the week, threatening "legal action".

I am ignoring it for now. Not sure what else I should do though.

Re: BE2 scam.

Posted on: 2014/02/06 05:09am

I had the same experience with this website be2... they are currently threatening me with legal action (and a bad credit rating) because I wont update my credit card details (which expired in Dec 2013).. Last october I tried to cancel my subscription after one month's membership but it was impossible... the link they gave me to cancel did not work so in the end I cancelled my membership. they tell me that I still have a contract with them, because even though I cancelled my membership they say I did not cancel the subscription. Yesterday they emailed and gave me an address in Munich where I am to send the money, but they have not told me how much they say I am indebted to them... STAY AWAY AND DONT SIGN UP FOR A TRIAL PERIOD WITH THESE PEOPLE!! You will not be able to cancel your subscription because the link they tell you to follow to do so just doesnt work.. it goes nowhere and you end up tearing your hair out trying to work it out!!

Posted on: 2014/02/06 10:41am

Hi there
Is there anyone that has been given final warnings i.e. I've got until the 12th Feb to pay up otherwise they'll start proceedings. I've already had 8 emials since last Aug with gradually more serious consequences to no payment, this is the last:

Our client is complaining about the outstanding payment, and is demanding that we now obtain an order to pay and enforcement order against you and institute compulsory execution.

You had ample opportunity to settle the matter out of court, to settle the claim in monthly instalments or to discuss a partial reduction of the claim with us. You have allowed all these opportunities to pass to no avail. We shall now have to comply with our client's urgent demand to enforce the claim in court

On behalf of and with power of attorney from our client we set you herewith a preclusive time limit of up to and including

to settle the claim in the amount of 230,47 EUR

You must contact us urgently and settle the claim at least in instalments, as the further
solicitors' fees, court and bailiff costs you will now incur will clearly exceed the amount of asserted.

Yours sincerely,

Solicitors
Litigation Department

Does anyone have any advise, i.e. did they ignore these final warnings and has anything happened. I'm obviously convinced that the site is a scam, but is their ability to get the money still valid, as afterall i did sign their terms and conditions??

I'm running out of time, can anyone help? I really don't want to go to a solicitor as this would prob cost me more money than the fine...

Angry

Posted on: 2014/04/24 06:28pm

Hi
I to have received a email from their solicitor and have sent them an email waiting for a reply I too wish that I had researched this site. I have removed all my details and have unsubscribed but don't know if this has removed me. Frown I only signed up for the trial period that they had on offer and found that I could not see any ones face or view their profile so decided that it would run out and then it wouldn't matter. I started to freak out thinking that where was I going to go from here and am I going to do, so glad that I did some researching which again should of done in the first place. But I to will just ignore the emails as I know it has been looked into by others and been laughed at by a lawyer.
Feeling at peace now

Posted on: 2014/05/01 10:06am

here is another victim from Hong Kong. I have registered their 6 months membership last year and they claimed that i didn't do the cancellation in advance so my membership is automatically renewed.

I have cancelled my credit card and they said the debt collecting agency will contact me for this. what should i do next ?

Posted on: 2014/05/19 09:39am

Me too. I subscribed in Jan 2014 for 3 months HKD$1200 for 3 months. I thought the same too . Until in April I received be2 hk email saying that they cannot debit my credit card ( luckily I reported lost in March) . I was about to pay them but some how their site did not accept my credit card payment.(because I beleived that it was my mistake that I hadn't clearly read the contract.)
And a few days later I received a letter from their lawyer (collector) demand me to pay EURO$170 which is almost 50% more . I have requesting many times for them to canclled my subscription first but never have a reply except the one saying they will get back to me in 3 days.

Posted on: 2014/06/07 09:28am

I have got an E mail from them saying collection procedures have been started having written numberous emails to them and copying e mails to them that make it quite clear that I had resigned from the site within the cancellation period of the trial. I had even spoken with them in their offices. Apparently, they claim they did not receive my letter but I had express delivered it but unfortunately don't have the receipt of posting but the post office say it would have been returned had it not been delivered as it was recorded delivery.

Any advice, I reversed the payment on my credit card when I discovered they had taken 2 payments without my permission but only got one reversed. I'm fed up with them, any help and advice greatly appreciated

Posted on: 2014/06/17 03:53am

Hi I am currently going through the same thing. Angry Confused
Nasty emails from a collection firm and threatening court action.
I only sent money for trial but then found my account with a further debit luckily my bank recovered money closed my account.
Like others I have replied to their requests but no way will I be paying any money to them.
Good Luck to you all I will be more careful in the future. Wink

Posted on: 2014/06/24 06:44pm

I too have been subject to this dating site scam. They are threatening if I don't pay their renewal fees, they will go to collections, including the fact that this non-payment will affect my credit score/rating.

Can anyone tell me from their own experience, if this company has the legal authority to affect your credit score/rating, as I live in Canada.

I would appreciate any feedback help or response.

Posted on: 2014/06/29 12:27pm

I have received a similar email from a solicitor representing BE2. They scam me to pay 15425 EUR. It is impossible for me to pay it. I want to know that if they would really put this matter to court ?

I also want to ask those victims in Hong Kong. Did BE2 have another action on you? What did you do when you received the solicitor letters?

Thanks

Posted on: 2014/07/15 05:41pm

Gary,
How things have evolved so far for you as i've just received email from some German solicitors for collection of 300EUR.

Posted on: 2014/07/16 05:01am

Well the last time I was contacted was early April and that was my final final final final opportunity to sort it out..... So I'm hoping that as it's July they've finally given up trying to get money out of me. I think the key is not to respond . If you do they think there's a chance you'll give in to their threats and pay up.
Hope that helps

Posted on: 2014/07/18 07:53am

Yes me two ...I'm in Hong Kong as well. Shall we report to the police in Hong Kong? Or consult lawyer firm in Hong Kong?

Posted on: 2014/08/19 05:20pm

Hello everyone

I am South African, and another embarrassed victim with regards to this particular website.

I have tried numerous times to cancel my membership to no avail. And of course they then had the audacity to charge me for yet another 3 months for membership I do not want, and already cancelled.

Of course: they never replied to my emails, when you go to the supposed link to cancel your "premium membership" in settings, there is no link available - big surprise.

The other new thing - as soon as you try to delete your profile, it tells you that you first have to cancel your membership - what a joke, since you are unable to get out of this trap.

I now cancelled my credit card, and reported it as fraud to my bank.

I just think it is sad when someone tries to meet people via other means, and people try to make money out of this via scamming. I will never ever try an online dating website again.

Lets see what happens.

Posted on: 2014/08/23 04:36pm

first off how do you know who you are talking too? is the so called solicitor or Be2 rep someone legitimate?

Don't reply to them, cancel either your bank account and or credit card immediately once you find they are illegitimately taking money from your account or credit card.

Its a scam and they are bullies, and will try anything to intimidate you too the end and insist that you owe them fees, ore renewal fees!!!

I have gone through the same experiences, including that they cancelled my membership in the middle of their contract, because I got pissed off and challenged them when they were not complying to my requests and questions. So they did not fulfil their contract obligation.

DO NOT SEND MONEY OR RESPOND TO ANYONE, THEY HAVE NO JURISDICTION OR LEGAL RIGHTS, THEY ARE IN THE WRONG!!!!

I WISH THE PROPER AUTHORITIES WOULD BANNED THEM FROM THEIR WEBSITE COMPLETELY AND INDEFINITELY, AND PROSECUTE THEM FOR ALL THEIR ILLEGAL WRONG DOINGS TOO SO MANY PEOPLE!!

Posted on: 2014/08/26 06:46am

ALL THE SAME HAPPENED TO ME, I KNEW SOMETHING WAS ODD FROM THE BEGINING AS YOU COULD NEVER REPLEY TO THE,' SO CALLED PEOPLE WHO SENT YOU AN EMAIL'. ANYWAY I COULD GO ON AND ON, BUT AS YOU ALL HAVE SAID, ALL THE SAME HAPPENED TO ME. IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP. SO DONT FREAK OUT ABOUT THE, 'SO CALLED LAWYERS' AS I TO HAVE HAD THEM SEND ME THOES EMAILS TOO. I CANCELLED MY CREDIT CARD, GOT A NEW ONE A WEEK LATER AND NOW THEY CANT DO ANYTHING, AS MY CARD IS A DIFFERENT NUMBER THEN MY ACCOUNT, [ SO I DIDNT HAVE TO CLOSE ME ACCOUNT]. IF YOU GAVE THEM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER, NOT YOUR CARD JUST CANCEL IT EVEN THOE ITS A PAIN, ITS DONE AND THEY CANT GET ANYMORE MONEY. IM STILL GETTING A EMAIL EVERY NOW AND THEN, TELLIMG ME THEY WILL TAKE ME TO COURT, I LAUGH AS IM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD AND THEY DONT KNOW WHERE I LIVE. TELL THEM TO F OFF AS I DID. WE SHOULD BAND TOGETHER AND TAKE THEM TO COURT!!! AS ITS FRAUD TO SAY YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL AND NOT HAVE IT. ITS SHAMEFULL OF THEM, THAT WE ARE OPEN TO LOVE AND LIFE AGAIN AND THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF US, BUT MY INSTINCT WAS RIGHT, RIGHT FROM THE BEGINING AND I SHOULD HAVE LISTERNED TO IT. I WILL HAVE THIS AS A GOOD LESSON, TO KNOW IM RIGHT. KEEP HAPPY, DONT BE PUT OFF ALL BY THIS, AS THERE IS LOVE, I JUST WILL KEEP LOOKING. LETS JUST ASK AROUND NEXT TIME, AND THANKS EVERYONE WHO HAS WRITTEN ON THIS SITE AS IT HELPED ME.

Posted on: 2014/09/05 08:19pm

Hi. I've just been billed for $AU117 a year after I looked at this crappy site. I joined for 6 months and the site kept disappearing. The only people on it were so called American soldiers in Afghanistan, so I didn't renew my subscription and I haven't heard anything until now. I'm about to send them an email, but it doesn't sound hopeful. DO NOT USE THIS SITE IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER!!!

Posted on: 2014/09/09 05:07am

Yes my situation has been going on for over a year. Its a big joke! How many solicitors give you so much time to pay??? Ahhhh none! Just reading their non stop threats is a joke! They cant do anything the idiots! Read their threats they are just so friggen real! Cancel your cards and block them! I just got a mortgage...according to these farkers my credit would be non existant.. Block them, cancel cards and dont look back!....and just for a little fun have a Be2 laugh night by reading their *censored* email threats in different accents! Lol this is a fun drinking game!

Posted on: 2014/09/17 09:37pm

The same here! I am a victim of be2 from NZ! They charged me $270 on my credit card initially for 6 months in January 2014. I tried many times to cancel the membership / unsubscribe online and also by email, but my attempts were all unsuccessful. Then, in July 2014, they charged me another $270 for renewal of further 6 months. Then, I faxed to them and finally got cancellation confirmation for membership from them. Also, I went to my bank to complain about the unauthorised payment and cancelled my credit card. Luckily, I got payment back from my bank. Last week, I also got emails from be2 and they said I owed $291 and were threatening taking legal action.
I want to know what should I do, please. However, I am NOT going to pay them even 1 cent!

Posted on: 2014/09/23 10:38am

I too have received threatening e mails from their German based solicitors demanding I deposit euros into their Munich bank account. I have so far ignored their demands. Furthermore, as I live in Australia, I reported them to the ACCC as a scam organization. I sought legal advice which was it would be unlikely that they would pursue amounts less than say $1,000 AUS as it would not be economical for them to do so, even if they could establish that such a debt was owing. I also found that when I "unsubscribed" I was still getting billed but receiving no emails. By all means I suggest a facebook page be set up to name and shame these cheats and that everyone contact the consumer protection agencies in their countries and put these rogues out of business.

Posted on: 2014/09/24 08:37am

Maybe everyone who has been sent these threatening emails should just stand up to them and tell these standover merchants that they refuse to pay because nobody can cancel on their own due to the site being set up in such a manner that this is deliberately being prevented until additional payments are made. If enough people take a stand and state this to these bullies then these pseudo solicitors or debt collectors may see an overwhelming trend and just back off. Furthermore I'm sure that Be2 wouldn't like their "modus operandi" exposed in front of a judge in a court of law should things ever come to that, which is what these debt collectors are threatening. Bring it on I say and they will be exposed.

Posted on: 2014/09/29 06:01am

Here's how I dealt with them:

like many of you , I took the "1 month for £5.00 (or equivalent) trial offer, with the option to cancel before premium charges being levied after one month.

Firstly, I noticed very quickly that some photos of people on the site occurred more than once against different profiles; and that the english grammar and speling on some profiles was - well - appallingly bad in many cases, and had a lot of the same idiosyncracies. This was within 1 week.
It rang alarm bells, so I searched against "BE 2 scam", and saw immediately that there was a problem - and that a standard ploy with cancellation attempts with this company was that they would deny that you had actually cancelled on their website, or had not received e-mails/ faxes etc. - and they would proceed to debit your credit/debit card even after you thought you had cancelled.
Now fortunately I did become aware of all of this in plenty of time.

So - firstly, i did NOT send a faxed cancellation. What I did was go onto their web cancellation page, and filled out their cancellation form. I then took "screen captures" of the completed form, plus time/date from bottom right of PC screen ( the whole computer screen in fact) and saved this as a .jpeg image. I then submitted the form, and took a second screen capture afterwards. Obviously, I saved both of these.
I then sent them an e - mail with copies of both scren captures attached, with "cc" to "be 2 file" in the header (just a little more psychological pressure, but factual); informed them that i was canceling my membership as of that date; that I was in fact an "Investigative Journalist" (bit naughty but....) and that if they did now attempt to take a any further monies out of my account it woulld be "a very poor business decision on their part" as I had "both the means and resolve to take this as far as was necessary through legal and media channels" or similar.
Lastly, I contacted my bank, explained the situation, and instructed them to make no further payments to this company. They assured me they would not.
It worked.
I had no further problems with the company, and they even sent an e-mail acknowledging cancellation. Which of course, I kept as electronic and hard copy.

Hope that helps,

Baz

Posted on: 2014/10/30 01:04am

I have had 3 letters now, all threatening court orders etc. So far there has been no advice of any court orders being made. Has anyone else had a court order made against them or is it all bluff?

Posted on: 2014/12/03 09:42pm

Hi people

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on B2 scams. It has been really reassuring to read that other intelligent people have experienced the same dead end frustrations with this mob that I have.
I have been receiving emails from Auer Witte Thiel Solicitor sBayerstraße 27D-80335 München for the past 6 weeks, threatening all the same things I have been reading on this site.

And, like each of you, I got scammed into the whole thing. I sent so many emails asking for assistance to even make the stupid site function properly. I spent endless hours in the first 3 weeks trying to get the site to upload profile data, only to find it never did. So, after 3 weeks I gave up and attempted to cancel my subscription. That wouldn't work either!

I also noticed many repeated false Profiles, same face different name. And after communicating with a supposed doctor in Brisbane Australia for 2 weeks I did a search on the national medico's register to discover no such Doctor registered to practise under the AMA.

I sent B2 a letter notifying them of scammers, again, no response!

Then I spent another 3 weeks trying to cancel my subscription, as per the terms and conditions of the dysfunctional B2 service. And like each of you, that didn't work either.

In the past 6 weeks I have spent hours searching and cut/pasting copies of the various requests forwarded to B2 into emails to the supposed solicitors, with very rational argument as to why I refused to pay their demands. Again, more legal jargon. Lucky I have post grad training in business law.

So I suppose it is a lesson learned. But thanks to your feedback, all of you, they wont be getting a brass razoo out of me. Enough time and money wasted.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2014/12/20 06:30am

I copped on pretty quick that this was a scam. I got several identical emails all supposed to be from professional women and all with the same basic grammar / spelling errors.
I sent emails to every be2 email i could find demanding that my unauthorised 'premium' account be closed immediately or I would lodge a complaint of fraud with the police. Strangely this happened within a few hours. No acknowledgement of any emails and my spam box on my jun email account is filling with rubbish matches. I've cancelled the credit card and the bank has re-issued new numbers: I'll see where this goes.

Posted on: 2015/01/03 08:31am

I think I have now had 5 letters from their Munich based solicitors all threatening court orders but strangely enough, none have arrived yet. My advice is this - 1) Just ignore the e mails . 2) Don't play ball by reading or responding.
Eventually they will tire of their pursuit and give up. Nothing frustrates people more than being ignored. If we all did this , their funds would dry up and maybe they would have a good look at how they operate and allow scammers to use their website as indicated previously here by other ex "members".

Posted on: 2015/01/15 11:38am

Oh yes I fell for this too, New Years’s 2013.

I quickly smelt a rat and cancelled within 24 hours but continued to get emails, for example:

Customer number: xxxxxxxxxxxx
DearXXXXXXX,

We issued a debt or web account for you to settle your debt with our client BE2.
… we will now take legal measures and hand this over to our collection agency. This may affect your credit rating.

And a flurry of automatic emails with helpful advice re: deleting my profile (which of course I had already done).

Then the ‘lawyer’s letter’:

We have been instructed by our client to secure immediate settlement of the outstanding amount of 183.75 EUR. Please follow the link below in order to pay the outstanding amount via credit card.

Despite these threats, I cancelled my credit card so they were unable to take any money from me. And nearly two years later I have not heard back from them. Having to cancel your credit card and get a new one really sux. But worth it to get these guys off your back.

Posted on: 2015/03/15 05:58am

I too have received an email from BE2 after a year of not using this site. I was given a 3mnth voucher to go onto this site in Jan 2014. I used it once and then found the complaint website against this dating site. It took me forever to try and cancel this membership, I sent an email to their email address, I never did receive a confirmation back as to whether this was cancelled or not. I contacted my sister and told her that I think this site is a scam as firstly the supposed matches they came up with didn't even exist,so I told her I've cancelled the subscription but not sure if it has actually been done as there is no way that you can contact anyone to verify. I told her to keep a look out on her bank and make sure that they do not take money from her.

I never heard from them again, I didn't get any notifications as to new matches or that they even tried to attempt to take off more money after the three months had expire. I received an email from them on the 09.02.15 saying that I have failed to pay my membership fee in Jan 15, I had to pay R1 069 within 7days, as this is a legal binding agreement and I am in violation of this. Firstly I didn't sign up for a year, it was only 3mnths and this was cancelled.

I sent them an email telling them this, I get another email back saying that I have to send them via fax or email the proof of cancellation because when you cancel you get an email saying that your subscription has been cancelled and the date of termination. If I don't have the email where this information is given I must send them the original email, what is that? If I don't have an email stating cancellation how on earth I am going to produce the original email and especially after a year, of not hearing anything from these people. On the 13.02.15, I received another email telling me FINAL NOTICE OF OUTSTANDING PAYMENT. I have sent them numerous emails and get no response from them except another email telling me how to cancel my subscription and to send them proof of cancellation, no where do they actually respond to an actual email. i was then notified that these emails are all online produced emails and that no one is actually reading the responses. Who is this Martin Bell, in any case, at Be2@collections.com? I have subsequently asked my IT department to put a block on all emails coming from this address. After a year, of not receiving any notification of new matches, not hearing from them they dare to send me emails now? Threatening me with law suites ect. My advise to everyone don't stay in contact with these people, stay clear of everything to do with this website.

Posted on: 2015/05/28 02:26am

what to do
1. Cancel your credit card
2. Ignore their mails . If they know who u are or where u live, they should have pursue instead of sending email

This is horror! How can they hide auto renew in T&Cs

I am a Singapore Victim. I am going to report to police and Case association in Singapore . Hope all the victims do so. Together we stand !

Posted on: 2015/07/08 05:21pm

These B2 must be for Bastards2.

I tried to delete and stop subscription, it seems impossible to do. Cancellation I later found out is a letter to a place in Luxumburg - No Telephone, No eMail ... a scam of NOTE

Termination notice needs to be sent to:
be2 S.à.r.l.
291, route d'Arlon
L-1150 Luxemburg
Luxembourg
Fax: +44 207 7859384

And they have Automatic Renewal which you can't stop. So now I am being put under terms that they will list me with the Credit Bureau
But they state in point 6 of the Terms - Prior to accessing a chargeable service, Clients are warned that costs are being incurred and informed of the extent of the service and ways of payment; after effected payment Clients may use said chargeable services.

So they have an automatic renewal .. and all I did was cancel my Credit Card. But they got my name from my Credit Card - Thus, it is NOT secured, that information is supposed to be confidential.

THUS STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMERS at B2 Dating

Posted on: 2015/07/23 02:31pm

Hi everyone,

I have the same experience as you. I have joint them on 23/03/15 for a month trial. I was very busy at work that time and only checked some messages on the phone but they were all odd so I just stopped checking them. I tried signing up but couldn't have done it on the phone. Tried twice in few mins I had, didn't managed and just forgot.
Then I got a payment request. I sent already about 3 emails saying that I don't owe them anything as the service that they provided was not as what I they say, that there are many fake profiles with fake pics but nothing. I am keep getting reminders of the payment and not even one comment to what I say.

Today I got the email from some lawyer and the money went up from what I originally owned: €179.94 to €261,14.

I know it is a big scam but I don't know how to deal with it. I am afraid that if I don't pay they will increase it again by €100 and if they will be increasing it by this money every 3 months its going to be €1000 soon and then it will be a reason for the collection.

Anyone has any knowledge to help me with it? Please?

Posted on: 2015/07/28 02:06am

Rolling Eyes I too have been caught with this scam. Signed up for 3 month trial before checking web scams. This started in 2013, after a month it was obvious this was shonky to say the least. I cancelled or atleast I was under the impression I had, although I didn't receive any confirmation..thought I was rid of them. Two years later they tried to take money from my credit card...which I put a stop to...

Then it started..demands for money, denying I had cancelled..back and forward with this so called Mr. Bell. During the two years I had no contact with them or from them for their so called service...which I reminded them off constantly with about 19 emails. I have reported them in Australia to scamwatch.com.au through the ACCC. I am now receiving threats with legal action, which I do not reply to. I have also blocked them on the computer...I will not pay for a service I cancelled, did not want or encourage. I hope someone can find out who these people are and get rid of this site.

Posted on: 2015/07/28 04:19am

The scam with this site in Singapore is a lot worse than just membership fees. I started chatting to 3 guys and had 3 out of 3 cases of guys befriending me and then trying to convince me to lent them large sums of money!

The formula is very similar, they befriend you then create a situation where they needed help to get out of....

Didn't fall for it myself but can imagine large number of vulnerable men/women doing so...

Posted on: 2015/08/05 03:50pm

Hi there,
I am living in NZ and have had frustrations since I became a MEMBER>...totally supportive of all the other emails regarding this site.

It has to be a Company full of fraud, lies and yes SCAMMING> It was bought to my attention by my bank when I checked to see if funds has been actioned by this Be2 company. To my horror I discovered all the discreprancies this site has amongst its tools.

1; No email to correspond to. All emails sent to them NO RETURNED
2; Some of the Profiles that was sent to me was not LIVE...withdrawn by client..FALSE
3; There is NO PHONE NUMBER to talk to them
4; They say send a FREE MESSAGE....when I do 99% was not sent because it had forbidden characters. This company does NOT tell you what these FORBIDDEN CHARACTERS ARE.

So yes, if they threaten you with unpaid bills, countersue them and see what happens then.

RECOMMEND WE CONTACT THE PARTICULAR SERVER AND REMOVE THEIR ACTIVITIES FROM THIS SITE

Posted on: 2015/08/13 05:11am

I suggest that no one should pay and if you get a letter to your home with an address from the court and if the letter is from court then you contact the court and ask them about it but you do not use the phone number provided on the letter . Search online for the court number and than compare the real court number with the one on a letter and if not matching you go to the police station and inform them about it. Then the court will be on your side.

Smile so forget about the letters and delete them Smile

Posted on: 2015/08/28 12:38pm

I just registered in BE2 in singapore.. but i didnt registered for the membership and i never produce any credit card information and i just delete my profile.. will i still be charged with anything?

Posted on: 2015/08/28 02:27pm

Quote by: Anonymous

I just registered in BE2 in singapore.. but i didnt registered for the membership and i never produce any credit card information and i just delete my profile.. will i still be charged with anything?

No. If they do not have your credit card they can't do anything.

Posted on: 2015/11/26 04:29am

I signed up for 6months for this website and gave them credit card details and address not realising at the time they are a scam. I have filled out the cancellation form to send to them which I'm happy to do. I'll just put the loss of money down to experience and not worry about it any more. But, I just don't want any more money taken from my credit card. Can anyone please give me an email address I can send the cancellation to as well as posting it? I want to ensure no more payments are taken. Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

Posted on: 2015/12/14 06:23pm

Hi everyone. I am in the middle of trying to get my money back from this scam dating site after cancelling my membership at the end of 2014. They took money out of my account at least three weeks ago and I have been trying to get it back since then. I am trying to get it back because it was stolen. When I contacted them to cancel in 2014 it was because I had read the reviews, I told them that they were NOT authorised to withdraw money from my credit card and that I would take action if they did. They did and now I am going to take action.
I am a researcher, I work as a senior lecturer in a university in New Zealand and my research lies mainly in the field of social justice. I am currently completing my PhD.
I am more than happy to collect any and all stories about this dating site we are discussing, write it all up as a research article and disseminate it widely across the world to all my research networks. I am going to disseminate it widely across the world through my contacts on social media, I am also going to the police and to my lawyer to see what legal action can be set up - what if we were all to start this type of campaign together and have all of our international legal avenues explored.
They have already sent emails to me that expose them as fraudsters and scammers, but more information from people who they continue to try to scam would be great. I want my money back of course, but what I want more is justice. I have their email link now and am happy to share it with you all because another strategy is to keep bombarding them with continual emails.
Can all those interested in being involved in shutting them down please respond. As with all research, your responses will be treated confidentially - you will not be identifiable in any way. My aim is to ensure that they are not able to continue to prey upon those who are in emotionally vulnerable states. I would like to see them shut down and am willing to put some energy into doing that so that innocent people are not continually ripped off.
By the way, the fax number is an Australian one.
My email is pania.temaro@gmail.com I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted on: 2015/12/15 03:34am

Yes. This is a scam company. They are linked to c-date, which is a known scam site.

Don't submit your credit card. You can exchange emails in the conversations. No need to pay any money. Just cannot see the photos properly that's all.

Posted on: 2015/12/22 05:58am

Yep, I got scammed too. Cancelled my credit card and managed to get two charges as charge-backs. They have been emailing me for ages claiming that I owe them x amount of dollars. Funny thing is I think it's less than what I charged back. I explained to them that I emailed them to cancel the account and was told I had to fax a whole bunch of personal information to their overseas office. I refused and asked for another means but got none.

The last email was in regards to taking it to their litigation department. Funny thing is the last email sounded like a complete joke. I've already filed a complaint with my countries scam area. Also, every time they send an email it's urgent and if I don't do anything something bad will happen. Same story with every email.

Join this dating site at your peril !!!

Posted on: 2016/01/07 07:24am

This is the greatest scam of all. I had to cancel my direct debit card information as well as inform my bank that a block has to be put on my account if they attempt to withdraw further funds. Does any one know how we can shut them down?

Posted on: 2016/01/07 10:10am

FBI ??

Posted on: 2016/01/08 07:04am

We should all make a massive effort to get it out there by whatever means, locally nationally and inform Google and Apple and the likes that a company like this should not be given the opportunity to market such a scam on their media

Posted on: 2016/01/08 08:38am

add a video on youtube like many others do ,and other review sites

Posted on: 2016/01/15 02:41am

I too have had these emails, how can this company keep on going after so many years. Has any one acctually been taken to court. They also threaten your credit rating which idont give a hhot about as have been scammed before so have a big black market. Ithink the best advice is to totaaly ignore them. Keep deleting emails they hopefully will soon tire and move onto someone else. Just DONT REPLY DONT SEND MONEY, DONT ACKNOWLEDGE.

Posted on: 2016/01/29 12:13pm

Have a day off just ignore it

Posted on: 2016/02/25 08:25pm

I have been charged tonight 495 Dollars towards my CC. I was horrified. I signed up for one month and got billed 290 dollars 9 month ago. I tried to retrieve the money as I did not see anywhere a 290 Dollar membership fee, but didnt get anywhere. I never used the site as its just a bull *censored* fake site with fake pics of fake guys. That was 9 month ago and tonight, without an email about membership fees due or any sort of alert, they took out another 490 Dollars. I am soooooo pisssssed offf!! They are unprofessional and scamers. Please do not sign up!!!!

Posted on: 2016/02/26 10:59am

This is really a ridiculous

I am a user from Singapore , In the contract it stated as below , however they refuse to allow me to cancel within 14 days stated as per contract below

You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.

The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day of the conclusion of the contract.

I might decide to take legal action against this company after consultation with Singapore free Legal service

After reading so many comments of other users, I think I need to stand out for this

Posted on: 2016/03/03 09:46pm

If this information helps anyone. I too have been trying since March 2015 to get monies back.

customerservice@be2.com.au

Dear be2 user,

Thank you for your message.

We have received your message and we will try to answer within three working days.

Help is also available at any time by clicking 'FAQ' on our homepage. Here you can find information about how to use your profile as well as many other interesting themes.

Kind regards,

Your Customer Service be2

be2 S.à.r.l., 291, Route d'Arlon, 1150 Luxembourg
Commercial Register
Luxembourg B123206
Managing Director
Laetitia Pateau
VAT IDs
Luxembourg: 2006 2454 440
European: LU 215 36 271

Posted on: 2016/03/04 08:56am

I am Singapore user , I have get in touch with Singapore Press holding Straits Times to report them , anymore interested to share story with Straits Times , let me know . Unity is strength

Posted on: 2016/03/08 06:28pm

I had the same problem. I registered for 3 months and found that the site was a dud. No one ever contacted me online and they posted fake pictures of members. I couldn't wait until my membership expired but what happened was they direct debited another $200 from my account as a membership renewal which I did not authorise.

B2 .... Charged $234 every six months and no account.

Posted on: 2016/04/09 09:19am

Be Warned......
I joined B2 over two years ago and about two months later e-mailed the given contact to to say I no longer wanted to be a member.
After notifying the company I wanted to cease my membership, I was billed $234 the following May . I e-mailed again and was told they have no record of my account. I said this was impossible as the money was taken out of my credit card account. They insisted they had no record of me or my account.
Six months later, another $234 was taken out of my Mastercard. I e-mailed again and was told they had no record of my account.

I tried logging in to find if there was some other way of stopping the withdrawals but I wasn't able to as my e-mail address wasn't recognised.

I would appreciate the B2 Customer service informing me of how I can stop B2 making withdrawals for a B2 account that no longer exists.

Posted on: 2016/04/13 11:22am

the very worst of the scam sites it seems ,strong arm tactics being used

Posted on: 2016/08/08 07:56am

PLEASE READ

Cancel your credit card payment. Bank will refund money and start a dispute with them. Be 2 will not respond. Send your termination , keep one copy yourself and give your bank a copy. Ignore any further e mails from these crooks threatening debt collectors. They will contact them eventually when the next payment they try to STEAL from you bounces. AT THIS POINT ......contact your local civil disptutes tribunal ( VCAT in Oz ) and they will fight it for you. My whole process took just over 2 weeks. I didn't even hear back from the VCAT people . Before I knew it the debt collectors contacted me and said the matter had been resolved and there would be no further action. Heather

Posted on: 2016/08/09 02:07am

I tumbled into the same scam and went to the bank who cancelled my card and were able to recover my two payments of about $800. Debt Collectors from Sydney are now on the scene trying to get the money back.

BE2 IS SCAM. BE AWARE OF IT.

Posted on: 2016/08/22 01:08pm

I signed for 1 MONTH TRIAL with be2. Two weeks later realised the site is not good enough and tried to cancel my account. Couldn't do that as didn't even have an option of cancellation or unsubscribe even. Sent them a letter asked to cancel my account. Two days later they send me an answer that I have to do it myself and instructions of how to do it. Then we were playing like ping pong I send that I can't delete it, they send me some instructions. So, 6 weeks since I paid for 1 MONTH TRIAL I realised that 179,95€ were disappeared from my account. When I send them a letter that I've been robbed by their site they answer that I signed a contract and it's automatic renewal for 6 month membership. Next day they send me confirmation that my account is deleted by their side but I can still using it for 6 month and refund is impossible. As soon they got money from me no any problems were found to delete my account.
So, I'm so pleased to my bank, I came there very disappointed it's very big amount for me. My bank helped me and I got money back 1 month later. I want to warning you don't pay this site any penny , don't give them your card details. IT'S SCAM. Sick

Posted on: 2016/08/31 12:51am

Hi
Yes I too have been caught by this so called "Date Site".
Date site for finding love? Ha! More like a professional Money Making Site.!! No love in that....

I did join this date site for six months even though I had seen good & bad discussions regarding this and other date sites on similar discussion forum... But in hind site maybe that forum was affiliated with this Dating site???

On entering into their contract either for 3, 6 or 12 months Premium subscription (you need premium in order to get full membership benefits, which i didn't end up using anyway); I noticed that the options weren't really that clear nor fair for that matter.

Yes they do tell you that this subscription will be renewed automatically at the end of the selected period, However you do not have an option to choose whether you want this to happen (the auto subscription renewal), So If you don't agree you don't get the full membership. The basic membership is of course of no use.

The other point is that if you don't want to continue with your subscription... you don't get a refund... thats ok if you nearly run the course of your subscription. But if you are say are only a couple of days in and you have say 3 or 6mths then this is highly unfair and most legite business would observe some sort of cooling off period.

Now to cap of my statement... there is no easy way to "cancel" your membership. They do have an option page on their webpage where you can navigate to cancel or edit or update your profile. However when you go to cancel it will not allow you to because you do not have to authority to do so... "Please contact our Customer service at BE2"... so you send a message via their webpage (on BE2 website) and the email response message is "this address is not reconized" - WTF?

Further investigating on their web page you do finally find the page which tells you how to go about cancelling your subscription. Here it tells you the time period that is acceptable to them to cancel (14days I think) and to either write a letter or fax them to advise them that you wish to cancel & have your profile removed.
Come On!, send a fax?, and or write a letter?..... when their website site is setup to automatic subscription deductions & uploading of profile pictures and info... really? and it can't allow you to do online cancellations?.... half the business's in the world have this facillity.

Anyway bearing all the above in mind, I subscribed to for 6mths and paid via Paypal. Half way through my subscription period i noticed some odd things. Like people who were ineterested in me from all over the world and I only wanted from my home town.. and people of the same sex interested in me of which i selected the opposite sex thanks.

I began to get an uncomfortable feeling about this Date site so I flagged my Paypal account to stop any further deductions (this was half way thru my subscription) and tried a couple of times to cancel or delete my profile subscription on the Be2 web site. Of course I could not unless i sent a letter or fax requesting this.
Well, I didn't do this (mistake), thinking that if they couldn't get another payment they would simply cancel my memebership.... haa haa haa haa... wrong, but yes they did cancel my membership - meaning i can't access my membership but kept it active so they can get another 6mths payement.

Now that they are chasing the denied 6mths membership I am getting frequent emails requesting this to be paid.

I have replied in kind saying that I have tried to cancel previously.. they reply "we have received no such correspondance" please (sorry wrong word) "Pay" your subscription or this matter will be handed over to a debt collecting agency which could seriously affect your credit rating.

I have responed politely saying that I don't see why I should pay for another 6mths when you guys don't refund upon my cancellation.... only to get an email back saying that you have "bought" a contract period of 6mths in advance (even though you have no choice in this).

I wanted to say "F Off" but didn't, But offered to pay only a couple of weeks since my membership only expired 5days previously and to advise of my cancellation.

I was bluntly told again via email... that I had agreed to purchase in advance 6mths of membership upon initially joining.

Remember YOU DO NOT GET ANY CHOICE in this matter.

Yes its still on going for me... I have collated all my correspondence with this mob of Shysters and taken copies of other peoples similar cases from this & other forums and will be referring this matter to the Australian Consumer & Fair Trading Department. I do not believe these people are operating in a fair manner.
I will be urging that they BE2 be de listed as a legitatment business in Australia.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS MONEY MAKING RATBAG SITE!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2016/10/15 05:23am

I've only just learned of this site as some idiot decided to use my name and email address to set up a fake account. And man am I annoyed. I only just learned of these people today and they are expecting me to fork up $421.00 in New Zealand money for an account I've had no knowledge of ($134.70 for the account and a $17.00 admin fee which doesn't add up or make sense at all). This is just annoying and I am REALLY ticked off. What do I do?

Posted on: 2016/11/11 09:51pm

Hi folk
I was lucky because I had cancelled and renewed my credit card and the be2 scammers couldn't take money out. I have had a solicitor claiming to represent me chasing me for over a year. They just recently informed me they are going to court. I said go for it...I was targeted by a scammer working from the be2 site and the only way I could get rid of that person other than changing my email address was that I paid a private security agent in the relevant country to deal with the scammer. It cost me $420 US

So my approach to the scammer claiming to represent be2(a scammer site) as a solicitor is that I told them to go for it and take it to court. That way I will have all of their details & I can then counter sue them for their lousy security & hence damages to me

Best option...never put you private or credit card details into any dating site
I have had 2 attempted accesses to my gmail account, both can only have come via a dating agency
Google are very good, they blocked both attempts

Have fun & I hope you all find the right person...eventually & despite the grubs taking advantage of us all

Posted on: 2016/11/25 10:36am

Hi there,

I'm the other one from Hong Kong. I came across this site in the middle of 2016 and have joined a 6-month package. I did receive some emails and some profiles, although the whole thing didn't really interested me much and i decided to cancel the service. I didn't aware of the expiry date until i saw they took over a thousand HKD from my bank account. As soon as i checked and read the terms carefully, alright, okay i accepted the truth as it's my fault missing out the terms before the expiry date and the thousand something dollars taught me a lesson. Still, to avoid these guys charging me without notice again after I searched on the net and learnt that it's nothing but a scam, I printed and filled in the application form to apply for cancellation. It has taken me so much time to figure out how to contact Be2! I saw a fax number, so i faxed, don't even remember if I emailed cuz it was quite a long time ago. Or maybe I have sent by post too! Of course there has been no reply, until i saw on the net people were talking about them as scam, I seeked for advice from friends and cancelled my credit card immediately. (I've asked the bank to block this account from withdrawing my money, although the bank said they did not have the rights to do so, which I don't understand. So cancelling the credit card and reporting the card as lost to the credit card company seemed to be the right things to do.) Thinking that there will be peace forever, until today I received an email from what? "call2collect.nl" - like debt collector? telling me some outstanding bills of "$2610" (not knowing it's USD or what) and threatening about legal fees blablabla... There was a moment I didnt know what to do but i took the next step as searching on google and found this forum. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences! I think I will ignore this and see how it goes. Not sure if it is really necessary to report to the Police... If any victims from Hong Kong know the way dealing with this, kindly share. Thanks!

Posted on: 2016/12/01 06:25am

scamanalyze results are

Be2.com has Poor Reputation
May not be Safe to Use
Updated Dec 1 2016

Posted on: 2016/12/01 06:27am

@Hong Kong

Ignore these criminal threats theyre unenforceable.

Posted on: 2016/12/06 09:53pm

This is the same senario over and over. How do we warn people of this scam. They are making money out of people. The cancellation of a subscription is almost impossible and they make it very difficult.

Posted on: 2017/01/05 10:40am

I got three emails from probably the "debt collector" and the last one says a bailiff may serve me a summons. I read what you folks have been sharing in this forum, and am really grateful for that, though still wondering if it's alright to ignore that... I cancelled my credit card already. What should I do now?

Posted on: 2017/01/06 06:05am

THIS SITE IS A SCAM. MY E-MAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT EVEN EXIST ON THIS SITE AND THEY ARE DEDUCTING MONEY OFF MY CREDIT CARD. I HAVE HAD TO CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD AND OPEN A FRAUD CASE AGAINST THEM.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE.

Posted on: 2017/01/31 11:04am

Hi

Am another victim to this website, notice only when my credit card was charge. Contacted them via email and they need a signature as proof of cancellation and send by fax! Who uses fax these days? So I printed the email on request on cancellation, signed and attached via email. Well...not as if there was a signature during registration where they can verified and double confirm on the signature when a same email address was being used... duh!!!?? Reason they gave was insisting for a signature was crappy.

Anyway lesson learned! I have cancelled my credit card for good as well as deleted my profile.

Accordingly to them even you have cancelled your membership you will still remain active. For those who wish to delete your profile, you may click on your circular photo icon, "Settings" and then scroll to the bottom, click on the link "delete your profile’. This will bring you to the next page, scroll to the bottom once again and click on the delete button once more and profile should be deleted.

Hope this helps.

Posted on: 2017/02/11 06:22am

I to thought Be 2 was a scam ... but it wasn't. Yes, they took an unauthorised amount from credit card (N.Z $480.00) not the $46 they advertised. Communication was not great but fortunately I found the email address on these reviews of a customer support person who was sincere and they rightfully returned all of my money to my credit card. The whole thing was a worrying experience but in my case I was lucky to receive my money back. Good luck.

Posted on: 2017/02/15 12:30am

I am Singapore user , I have get in touch with Singapore Press holding Straits Times to report them , anymore interested to share story with Straits Times , let me know . Unity is strength

I try to join you, just been charged $240 without any notice and they told me enroll only $9.5 per month, now became per week and one time collection. And they keep charging use my credit card . I have to cancel the card and see what's will be next.

Posted on: 2017/02/16 10:28pm

I think the only way to do this is, is for a large gathering to get on to LinkedIn and blast the managing director Laetitia Pateau for the misleading information posted when entering into the contract at the outset, and for the breach of consumer laws in trying to cancel. They don't seem to have a representative in Australia, although I did get a "we'll be back to you in 3 days" reply from emailing Thomas.Brooking@be2.com. Don't bother faxing on 011352442077859384 or phoning them, there is "no answer". It really should be reviewed by an Intelligence agency - where is all of the money going?

Posted on: 2017/02/21 11:30am

Hi there, do you think we can report this to CASE? Would it help at all? I just got my CC bill and saw they had charged me an obscene amount and since then hv started an email convo witht eh site demanding an explaination. As usual, they say that they are sorry i didnt read the document properly before agreeing to join. Firstly i didnt get any document and no receipt at all. I hv informed my bank and they in turn have asked me to make a police report. Which then comes to whether it would make any sense to also make a report with CASE? as u said, "Unity is strength"

Posted on: 2017/02/22 09:35am

I got three emails from probably the "debt collector" and the last one says a bailiff may serve me a summons. I read what you folks have been sharing in this forum, and am really grateful for that, though still wondering if it's alright to ignore that... I cancelled my credit card already. What should I do now?

they are more than capable of faking solicitors letters .you are dealing with ruthless criminals and scammers of the worst kind .. >>>never give card details to online date sites <<<

Re: BE2 scam. Received an email threatening solicitor action

Posted on: 2017/03/08 09:22am

Australian pensioner, I tried out the supposed "14 day" trial period with this Be2 dating site back in October 2016. Found it to be not as good as claimed and discontinued using before trial ended.
There was no email from them initially on sign up with details of my login etc. There was no way to cancel as no initial email was sent to my address due to this.
They don't even have my name on the absurd threatening email to pay an exorbitant amount due to non cancellation now.
This is after charging my PAYPAL account for the last 4 months. I only noticed these charges recently and had them stopped. All I've got are my PAYPAL receipts from the debits they took which were unauthorized.
In their T&C's it clearly states that unless you have 10 match ups with other member per month you will not be charged following billing month
Breaking their own rules even.
SCAMMERS.
DO NOT PAY THEM.
PAYPAL have refunded me last month cost so far.
I have changed my debit card as well.
They have already SUCKED $260.00AUS out of me for nothing and still want more. Exorbitant cancellation fees for PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP.
I've got 3 words for Be2....

F@CK OFF *censored*!

Posted on: 2017/03/08 11:35am

Australian pensioner, I tried out the supposed "14 day" trial period with this Be2 dating site back in October 2016. Found it to be not as good as claimed and discontinued using before trial ended.
There was no email from them initially on sign up with details of my login etc. There was no way to cancel as no initial email was sent to my address due to this.
They don't even have my name on the absurd threatening email to pay an exorbitant amount due to non cancellation now.
This is after charging my PAYPAL account for the last 4 months. I only noticed these charges recently and had them stopped. All I've got are my PAYPAL receipts from the debits they took which were unauthorized.
In their T&C's it clearly states that unless you have 10 match ups with other member per month you will not be charged following billing month
Breaking their own rules even.
SCAMMERS.
DO NOT PAY THEM.
PAYPAL have refunded me last month cost so far.
I have changed my debit card as well.
They have already SUCKED $260.00AUS out of me for nothing and still want more. Exorbitant cancellation fees for PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP.
I've got 3 words for Be2....

F@CK OFF *censored*!

its just extortion from criminals ...never give CC to online date sites

Posted on: 2017/04/19 12:41pm

Do not register to Be2.
Do not pay a Premium.
This is scam.
Regards,
ANYA

Posted on: 2017/04/19 01:34pm

This be2 dating app is crap.
They took 239$ from my credit card. I'm reporting them as a fraudulent company. It's a useless dating app.

Posted on: 2017/04/20 09:30pm

Hi from Ireland. Had signed up for one month trial for €5. After numerous emails and faxes with all details to cancel, I was told it wasn't received in time. Now I got a threatening email this morning I don't know why it's for €250 , and if not paid by May 3rd, there be debt collectors, and Coirt and I find it hard to sleep and from all other reviews, does anyone know, if they can do this, or any way to Stop this, the bank had to cancel the credit card like so many others, or did anybody have to deal with debt collectors calling, and court and all these threats, as they making me afraid and maybe that's their intention, do I need to ask protection from a Solicitor or as I am worried as they have been extremely ignorant always sending back automated messages.

Please help so I won't have to worry.

Thanks.

To pay would be too easy as they name their price .

Ash

Posted on: 2017/04/30 07:12pm

I joined this dodgy site for what I thought to be an introduction of $6 ...received my statement from paypal $231! for a six month subscription I never signed up for...B2 are fake don't join ..I have reported this to consumer protection, the overseas fraud squad, B2 site, and paypal ....so far nothing!....as for the solicitor threatening? I'd ignore it, if it went to court they'd throw it out.

Posted on: 2017/05/28 11:35pm

I too have been scammed by this out fit, trouble was I couldn't get in touched with them in order to cancel my subscription after receiving a threatening E mail that they where going to get in touch with with a Dept collection agency hence ruining my credit rating. I got pretty frightened by this and tried to get in touch with them. but to do so I had to give my credit card again and told them I know longer wished to be on their mailing list and I wanted them to send my latest subscription reimbursed never heard from them again until recently when I got the same threatening letter. This time I've just ignored them and anything else that they may send.
This a total scam, best advise to you is to print off any future Emails from them and file them away, that was over three months ago and so far have not had any further Emails.

Posted on: 2017/05/31 08:37am

plenty of scam victims on youtube report on them

complaints since 2012 ....use due diligance before joinging a date site and handing over card details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dl55UEWWUw

Posted on: 2017/05/31 08:41am

No problem dealing with this bunch of arsewipes, just cut your credit card in half, get a new one, if you get a threatening e-mail like I did, go tell them to suck *censored*, they can't do *censored* or do anything, just change your credit card number..most important... move!

Posted on: 2017/05/31 08:44am

I agree that most of these dating sites are a big Scam , luckily I never paid them a cent.People must be aware and stop filling up the crooks pockets......The best sites are the ones for free and then it is up to the member not to give in to scammers asking for money, airtime or your whatsapp number.Dont even chat with anyone on skype because they will blackmail you.

Posted on: 2017/06/07 07:43pm

I have had a email of them saying they are getting deat collectors to come but I wanted it only a month then I cancelled payment with PayPal what should I do

Posted on: 2017/06/07 07:47pm

I've sent them meany email requesting to cancel account but they haven't replied please help

Posted on: 2017/06/10 06:07am

I've sent them meany email requesting to cancel account but they haven't replied please help

cancel card and get new number then they cant take any more cash .they will drag it out till the end of time given the chance

Posted on: 2017/06/13 01:50pm

Yes, same experience with Be2 dataing. I have received an leagal claim of just about 12 times the "membership fee" for not having paid the membership fee after having not used the service for these 12 months (changed the credit card). You see I wanted to cancel the Be2 service due them simply not having delivered the said Be2 service to me. Dating partners often appeared to me to be just fakes. I did not find any reasonable possiblity got me yo to contact Be2 Dating to cancel my order with them - i.e. no response to various enquiries made to wanting to cancel. Instead, after that, I could no longer even log back in again to my profile again - but rather just shut out (i.e. password and username no longer working and no opportunity to recet). The company's leagal name and address is: BE2 S.A.R.L c/o Interim Justitia GmbH BE2 S.A.R.L. Pallaswiesnstrasse 180-182, 64293 Darmstadt, GERMANY. I have no launced a criminal investigation to the company, based on me sustepecting them of economical fraud.

Posted on: 2017/06/16 11:13am
By: Maggie Cumby

I have been scammed on this site. They took 239 from my credit card. I cancelled the subscription by sending them a fax with my signature as requested by be2.
I received a letter yesterday from them and they are going too take another 240 $ from my credit card.
This is a big scam. I will not pay them!! So ridiculous. I'm so upset 😭!

Posted on: 2017/07/03 02:39pm

Hi I think I got scam too
I am From Singapore btw...

Posted on: 2017/07/12 03:29am

BE2 is ridiculous, such a scam! Think someone should stop FB from advertising this dating site. When i signed up for the 6 imonths premium membership online, I didn't expect that they would deduct everything because it wasn't stated and I clearly remembered when I hit the button it was supposed to be $49.90 but when I got notification from PayPal it was $299.90 and I was quite shocked. Didn't think I ever paid so much for some dating site and to make things worst, the site was crap...the matches they sent all looks like fake picture and profile. Some profile had the same picture but different names. When I emailed them to asked about the amount they deducted, it took forever for them to get back to me, by then I got the feeling it was a scam so I informed PayPal about the unauthorised payment and they investigated and stop the auto renewal for me. But didn't think I would get my money back so I just have to keep using the stupid site which was such a disappointment until PayPal replied and they would give me a refund out of a goodwill gesture. And BE2 had stopped my membership and sent me an email saying that I owe them the overdue subscription fee of SGD 49.90 plus the additional fees of SGD 17.00 which are the result of my chargeback. And the total amount of SGD 316.40, what the hell!

Posted on: 2017/07/12 04:52pm

I am so tired of dealing with these bunch of *censored* at BE2 dating non site.

They tried too charge me 240 Canadian dollars.
I reported them too my credit card company and said it was a fraudulent charge.

I did cut up my credit card and have a new one which they will never have access too because I removed it from my Apple ID.

This site is a bunch of crap !!!

Posted on: 2017/07/13 12:16pm

cant you claim the money back as its fraudulent debit ??
banks have dept's to deal with this sort of thing to claim money back

Posted on: 2017/07/27 11:03am
By: revboy88

Dear all,

Thank God for this forum so that we may expose these scammers.

As for me, i thought my problem was resolved after changing to a new credit card. About a month plus later, after they were unable to deduct from my old card, i started receiving threatening emails about debt collectors would be coming to demand for payments. In total i received about 2 emails asking for settlement before further action would be taken against me. I simply ignored it without any replies and thought it would be all over.

Until 2 months later, i received this email today:

Dear XXX,

Please be informed that we have been instructed by our client, Interdate S.A. to collect an outstanding account.

Amount due: 241.20 Singapore dollars

Our client would like to settle this account amicably at this stage. Please make payment within seven days.

Banking details
Bank Name: Overseas Chinese Banking Corp (OCBC)
Account Name: Upper Class Collections (SIN) Pte Ltd
Account Number: 695446757001
Currency: Singapore dollars only
Swift Code: OCBCSGSG
Ref: xxxxxx

If payment is not made within the stipulated period, we will take instruction from our client.

For any queries, please contact us on +60 3 7865 6234 and quote ref number xxxxxx.

Alternatively you can respond to this email.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Chrishelyn Parba
Debt Collection Singapore
Upper Class Collections Pty Ltd

WTF! They really do have a Singapore bank account here with one of the local banks. And this company really do exist in my country. And the founder of this company even have a LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/graham-lacey-12954a21/?ppe=1
I have no problem settling this money, but just that i feel indignant to give it to these bastards. Any advise from people here what i should do, or should i just pay up and get them to ensure i have nothing to with this Be2 rubbish anymore. Appreciate anybody's reply here.

Posted on: 2017/07/27 06:50pm

OH MY GOD

I was really beginning to feel so alone in this. But i am glad i have done all these research only to find that there are so many victims out there being harrassed by be2. Sick of getting email from their solicitor
Auer Witte Thiel
Solicitors
Bayerstraße 27
D-80335 München
Mail: collection@auerwittethiel.com
Web: www.auerwittethiel.com
Telefax: +49 (0)89/ 55 03 871
I have cancelled my credit card and just wont bother doing anything online anymore with purchases or going on any dating sites.
They are asking for 302 EURO in which with be2 it was nothing of anykind of that amount. I am just so sick of all these people scamming everyone.

Posted on: 2017/07/27 07:06pm

Yes, same experience with Be2 dataing. I have received an leagal claim of just about 12 times the "membership fee" for not having paid the membership fee after having not used the service for these 12 months (changed the credit card). You see I wanted to cancel the Be2 service due them simply not having delivered the said Be2 service to me. Dating partners often appeared to me to be just fakes. I did not find any reasonable possiblity got me yo to contact Be2 Dating to cancel my order with them - i.e. no response to various enquiries made to wanting to cancel. Instead, after that, I could no longer even log back in again to my profile again - but rather just shut out (i.e. password and username no longer working and no opportunity to recet). The company's leagal name and address is: BE2 S.A.R.L c/o Interim Justitia GmbH BE2 S.A.R.L. Pallaswiesnstrasse 180-182, 64293 Darmstadt, GERMANY. I have no launced a criminal investigation to the company, based on me sustepecting them of economical fraud.

Hi Terry.

What you saw with the be2 site i had the same issue. So many regrets having joined in the first place in which was the reason i chose only 3 months to trial it out the bastards. Be2 is a scamming site

Posted on: 2017/07/27 07:13pm

Hi from Ireland. Had signed up for one month trial for €5. After numerous emails and faxes with all details to cancel, I was told it wasn't received in time. Now I got a threatening email this morning I don't know why it's for €250 , and if not paid by May 3rd, there be debt collectors, and Coirt and I find it hard to sleep and from all other reviews, does anyone know, if they can do this, or any way to Stop this, the bank had to cancel the credit card like so many others, or did anybody have to deal with debt collectors calling, and court and all these threats, as they making me afraid and maybe that's their intention, do I need to ask protection from a Solicitor or as I am worried as they have been extremely ignorant always sending back automated messages.

Please help so I won't have to worry.

Thanks.

To pay would be too easy as they name their price .

Ash

Ash to pay them would be so easy but if they cannot reply to any of these so many victims done by their site then we would be fools to abide because they are the ones whom should be paying all of us. Be2 has fooled us all and now these debt collectors in which you email as well and no reply. and no phone number to call them. Scammers

Posted on: 2017/07/28 04:24am

cant you threaten em with a solicitors letter as they will be exposed in the press and on TV consumers affairs programs. a solicitors letter will be cheaper than paying these fraudsters..appalling scammers indeed

Posted on: 2017/07/28 04:30am

where did they get your address to send round debt collectors?? .they will have no proof its you as theyre only using email so you can just send the debt collectors away as they have no proof of address as you never gave your address ..sounds like empty threats to me ..they would need to send a letter to your address to comply with such things ..

Posted on: 2017/07/28 06:00pm

i doubt debt collectors would try to enforce a debt if they didnt have proof they had the right address. you havent signed a contract showing your name and address so i cant see how it can be enforceable..if such people should show up just say ''i dont know what your talking about you must have the wrong person and wrong address'' and send them away ..you could take legal advice if your worried and i suspect they would tell you the same.. its all baloney from fraudsters imo..how could any debt collectors know they have the right address?? they cant

Posted on: 2017/07/28 06:05pm

nobody on this thread has actually received a letter just emails so just ignore them .they could be from any conmen

Posted on: 2017/07/28 06:10pm

found this on sitejabber which has tons of complaints .theyre based in Luxembourg ..so how can they send round bailiffs ?

“I like many others joined on the £5 trial, cancelled...”
1/12/14

I like many others joined on the £5 trial, cancelled before the due date but was still charged. I emailed them telling them I had cancelled but all they said was I had a legal contract with them and I would have to pay! Now I keep getting threatening emails about sending the bailiffs round and taking me to court!! I don't believe they are even based in the UK so how can they? Just a bunch of rip off merchants out to get our money, don't give a monkeys about anything else. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Posted on: 2017/07/28 06:13pm

more from sitejabber...

“RIP OFF!!!”
10/9/13

RIP OFF!!! TOTAL SCAM!!! THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY!!! DO NOT SIGN UP!!!

“I have also had the same treatment, up to an including...”
10/4/13

I have also had the same treatment, up to an including the threats from a debt collection agency when I stopped my subscription but the disgusting Be2.com fraudsters simply ignored it. The only thing one should do with Be2 is to report it to Action Fraud - http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ - which is the police site for reporting fraud and internet crime. The more people that report the site, the more likelihood that the police will take action against it and deal with the criminals behind it.

Posted on: 2017/07/28 06:20pm

they are on wikipedia too ..quote

Criticism

Blogs, review sites and online forums repeatedly report complaints about the company. The investigator in TheHookupGuy and MeetWomenOnline concluded: "We were more than disappointed in this scam dating website. A better word for it would be mortified!".[11] A blog was created for the exclusive purpose of such complaints, [antibe2scam.blogspot.co.uk/|Anti Be2 Scam]. Sitejabber published 41 reviews (as of 12 May 2015), mostly scathing, detailing aggressively misleading marketing practices, hidden charges, unwanted subscription into recurring expensive payment, charges applied to dormant accounts, obstructions to termination of contract and profile, and so forth. Other sites, such as DatingScams.co.uk and ScamBook, report similar findings.

In particular, The pricing of Premium Memberships are regular causes for complaint.[12] The membership is, in fact, a subscription, which is automatically renewed, unless the membership is cancelled in due time. However, complaints were received where premium account-cancellation was, in fact, impossible.[13]

Although the online address makes the company appear to be registered in the UK (be2.co.uk), it is actually based in Luxembourg. Its practices are considered illegal by the Danish Consumer Council.

The journalist Troels Jørgensen from TV station DR has rated BE2's matching system as flawed. Wildly different profiles were matched to exactly the same potential partners in a test performed for consumer rights programme Kontant. Also, membership is extended without consent which is illegal according to The Danish Consumer Council. [14] This is also illegal in Sweden according to The Swedish Consumer Council.[15] All the questions raised by the Danish journalist in the programme have since been addressed by the company. be2 made several changes to its service in Denmark in response to the programme.[citation needed]
International

Posted on: 2017/07/28 06:31pm

from sitejabber

“I signed up with them on 12 September 2010, and tried...”
10/10/10

I signed up with them on 12 September 2010, and tried to cancel on 6 October 2010.

They are due to take £149 .94 from my credit card this week on Tuesday or Wednesday. I have been arguing with them not to do so, but they say that my contract will now run until April 2011, because they did not get 14 days notice of my intention to cancel.

After Googling the multitude of complaints - and having re-read the correspondence that I had with them last week - I decided to err on the side of caution and speak to my credit card provider tonight. My original intention was to wait until it was processed and then challenge it as fraud. Anyway, my provider has cancelled the card and has assured me that nothing can go through after tonight.

I am sure the bloodsuckers will start threatening me, but it will be to no avail. They do not scare me. It is a harsh lesson to learn, but I will now be very wary about who gets my credit card details in the future.

Good luck to all of you fighting against Be2. I feel for you. This company really should be forced to insert an opt-out/opt-in choice on their website, rather than just opt you in for 6 months. If this is allowed under Luxembourg law it is crazy. Presumably it it not acceptable under European law as a whole though, but we will have to wait for a test case

Posted on: 2017/07/31 01:37am

ignore these idle threats they cant send in bailiffs without going thru the courts in any given country to establish where you live and you havent told them that ..email em back to kiss ass ..they would need a huge legal dept to deal with all these minor debts and pay enormous sums up front....its ridiculous ..sleep easy

Posted on: 2017/07/31 07:38am

more from sitejabber...

“RIP OFF!!!”
10/9/13

RIP OFF!!! TOTAL SCAM!!! THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY!!! DO NOT SIGN UP!!!

“I have also had the same treatment, up to an including...”
10/4/13

I have also had the same treatment, up to an including the threats from a debt collection agency when I stopped my subscription but the disgusting Be2.com fraudsters simply ignored it. The only thing one should do with Be2 is to report it to Action Fraud - http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ - which is the police site for reporting fraud and internet crime. The more people that report the site, the more likelihood that the police will take action against it and deal with the criminals behind it.

this dated 4 year ago and suggests the threats came to nothing as he ignored it ..empty threats from fraudsters ..

Posted on: 2017/08/07 09:08am

Step 1.
Just order a new bank/credit card (the one you used when you signed up)
When you got a new card,all info is brand new,the visa number-the expire date etc Be2 doesn' know the new card,and jost make sure the old card is blocked, and they just can't tap your card anymore!

Step 2.
They will send you threats,so just change your e-mail info,or just have another one,and they are not able to contact you online anymore Smile)

Posted on: 2017/08/24 10:15am

the threats about debt collectors are all wind ,as first they would have to go to court in the country you reside to get a default notification before they can employ debt collectors and that would cost them a lot for the court case and they would be unlikely to get such a thing as it would be proved there scumbags in default of providing a service you paid for ..

Posted on: 2017/08/28 05:19pm

Yes I found the site to be a scam also, so cancelled after the first month and then found I had to pay $400 for being online for one month. Total rip off. I am amazed they can still operate. Big bullies as far as I am concerned

Posted on: 2017/09/14 03:59am

Hi Guys,
Ive been caught out with the exact same thing. I was charged €179.00 and €119.00 6 months after buying a 1 month subscription. The payments weee under two seperate names both register to the same address in Luxembourg.The problem with this is unless you cancel correctly then even though is completely unethical and borderline fraud it's still in the small print. I've contacted Laetitia Pateau on LinkedIn who is the managing director who sent me a very generic reply saying she'd forwarded my query to customer care who in my opinion don't exist. At this stage I just want to ensure no one else falls into this vile trap so I've contacted Mark Brooks who is a senior figure in the dating site world with strong links to the media. He had said he's interested so il post here when I hear more. Also on a side note the company appears to be in liquidation.
Cheers
James

Re: This is the reply ive gotten from b2be after repeatedly emailing them!

Posted on: 2017/09/26 08:12am

Termination of the paid contractual relationship purchased via an In-App Purchase in the be2 iOS App has to be exercised exclusively towards the Apple iTunes App Store according to the Apple iTunes App Store rules.
Termination of the paid contractual relationship purchased via the be2 Android App follows the chosen payment method:
-for payments via the be2 payment system termination follows the rules in Condition 8. (1) above
-insofar as payments via the Google Account of Customer have been offered and chosen, termination has to be exercised exclusively towards the Google Play Store according to the Google Play Store rules

Note: A paid contractual agreement cannot be terminated simply by deleting the profile. If a customer of a paid service deletes his/her profile, the paid contractual relationship shall remain unaffected by this. If a service has been paid for but not used and the customer deletes his/her profile, he/she is merely refusing to use the service. This means that the customer will receive no refund for the payment already made. As described above, the written form is always an absolute necessity for the termination of a paid contractual relationship purchased via the website. For be2 iOS/Android App the rules mentioned above are applicable.

The form can also be accepted as an attachment to an email in PDF, JPG, or DOC format.

Posted on: 2017/09/26 09:27am

let them argue about it in court then in each country and get a default notification first... as is the rule before sending in debt collectors.

Posted on: 2017/09/26 10:42am

These guys are threatening me too. Received many emails from their solicitors and I told them to bring it on. I have emails as proof where I had tried to cancel my membership but the website makes it absolutely impossible to do so. I emailed them eventually and up until today..... no response. Next thing these solicitors are hounding me. I told them that I am also working for solicitors and they can proceed to sue me. They just keep asking for money to be paid by a certain date and I ignore them. Then I get another mail giving a further extension of time. Shame, they can go an jump. I think they make the cancellations of membership impossible so that they can intimidate and bully people into paying. They can kiss my ......

Posted on: 2017/09/27 07:48am

these guys are the worst of the scumbags ,AFAICS nobody ever gets a visit from the debt collectors just the threatening emails..

Posted on: 2017/10/18 07:16am

I too "fell" for this. Availed of the €5 trial back in April and obviously missed the small print where it stated about the auto-upgrade to Premium at €179.94 30 days later. Stupidly, I didn't notice that transaction on my account (although, from reading other people's experiences here, even if I had known about the cancellation period and tried to cancel, they probably still would have taken the payment out). Unfortunately, I paid them with a debit card initially so I don't know if these carry the same protection as credit cards.

Anyway, I wasn't aware that that €179.94 had come out of my account until last week I DID notice a payment of €179.94.... ANOTHER payment. I contacted my bank who told me it was Be2 dating site. That's when I checked back and discovered the April deduction. Obviously I contacted Be2 straight away who have refused to refund. Strictly speaking, because I didn't see the auto-renewal (or the exorbitant amount) in their T&Cs I can't really see where I have a leg to stand on. That aside, I told them I wanted to cancel and they asked me for information such as username, password, email address etc which I gave them (I would have questioned why they needed this info as surely they already have it but at that stage I was desperate to cancel the account). I then asked them to acknowledge my cancellation. They haven't done. What they are now doing is saying that unless I pay $180 US dollars by Western Union(!) to them to cancel my account (!) that the deductions will continue.

This is a new tactic as far as I can see but whilst my communication with them has been professional and polite to a point, I did use some choice language yesterday. Fcuk em. They are total scum. I need to cancel my debit card, try open a dispute with Retail Service Disputes at my bank and see if I can get any money back. I am going to ignore them from now on as I can't see them being successful in persuing this and as someone else pointed out, they don't have a home address to direct debt collectors to.

I'm based in Ireland and if anyone is planning to take this down the legal route - I'm with you. When I have time, I'll be reporting them to all relevant bodies but for now, I need to clear my head of them.

Posted on: 2017/10/26 08:59am

14 pages of people complaining about this company. I am joining you. I joined Academic Singles because I wanted to meet academics - instead they sent me anything but academics. I tried to find a way to cancel the membership before it renewed but when i clicked on the link i got an error message saying i could not have access. So despite trying hard to find a way to cancel in the end i stopped the direct debit on my visa card. Now I have received a letter from a debt collector and because the company is not UK based my normal legal helpline cannot help.

People are complaining a lot on here - what was the outcome to ignoring them. has anyone been taken to court? No one seems to be offering help!! and i need it

Posted on: 2017/10/27 05:30am

just ignore it ..its all hot air..a google search shows nobody ever gets taken to court let along a visit from debt collectors..

Posted on: 2017/11/04 02:23am

Hi Peeps,

Be2 are scammers scammers and endless scammers; lets all admit we have been dooped, scammed, taken for a ride, etc.....you peeps worry too much with regard their ongoing threatening letters...just delete, delete and ignore, ignore and ignore more....

One thing is sure they will never get one blue dollar, rand, euro, yen, etc from me and hope you peeps will share the same sentiments...my motto is always to ignore those that dont matter one bit in my life!!

So, end of story peeps close the chapter on these worthless jack ass scammers and move on but not forgetting the lesson that was learnt!!

Peace out!!

Posted on: 2018/01/11 12:48pm

BE2 AKA Single50's. I joined Single50's on a months trial of €5.00 on the 3rd December 17. I found the site poor and tried to unsubscribe on the 29th December. I searched for an email address on the site but found that you had to fax them to cancel. I did opt to unsubscribe on their site and not to receive any further emails from them. I was just out of hospital after having had a malignant tumor removed and having to attend further therapy. I have exhausted all my sick pay entitlement and am a single mum struggling financially (especially after Christmas). On the 8th of January I discover on my bank statement that BE2 have deducted €119.97 from my bank account leaving me in even more financial crisis. Despite several emails to their customer service explaining "I had unsubscribed and my situation" their reply is "I missed the deadline of the 27th December" this is inaccurate and despite this they are refusing to refund monies deducted.

I would seriously recommend anyone to avoid this site like the plague! They are scammers.

Posted on: 2018/01/26 01:42am

What happens if you tell them that you are getting a lawyer looking at it? I've got my lawyer looking at some other money owed to me from an ex-flatmate, I'm sure he'd be happy to look at this nonsense as well.

Posted on: 2018/01/31 03:31pm

Hi everyone,
I too have been victim to these low life's ,
briefly last June I visited be2 website paid 5 euro , about 2 weeks later cancelled as I thought , until hot email last week saying I owe 190 euro & the same threat as per usual of solicitors & debt collectors , was a bit worried first , but lucky for me I had cancelled card I subscribed with a few months ago because of another scam, so they they be2 now couldn't debit this , so I replied the other day saying that someone else used my card & details & this person that did so was a juvenile(I while really I made this up ) & said they had been cauntiioed , but I get another email today still requesting payment , so I got this number 01 8797620 it's ecc Ireland they deal with this type of problem so calling them tommorow & would advise everybody else to do same , also my advice to everyone else is to firstly report this to your bank they are very helpfull in these situations & usually refund you the money & issue you with a new card , I will update on my progress with ecc Ireland , spread the word about these be2 leeches.

Posted on: 2018/02/01 05:10am

its best just to ignore it as phone calls will ensure more threats..cancel card and email address and sleep well

Posted on: 2018/02/04 02:52am

I signed up with BE2 more than 2 years ago, on a $9.95 per month special. I really didn't like the sight, the matches they sent me were not at all what I had specified I was looking for, and many of them were overseas. I decided to cancel about 2 weeks after joining. The next thing I find $316 deducted from my bank account, plus more funds pending! I went to see my bank straight away and put a stop to any further transfers. Then today, nearly 2 and a half years later, I receive a letter from Australian Receivables Limited, "advising" me that I need to pay up or legal action will be taken! I have a fair mind to take this matter to the media. It is disgusting how this company uses false advertising to suck in and exploit people. Advice please, should I bin this letter, or should I contact them and give them hell?

Posted on: 2018/02/04 11:31am

was it an email or letter to your address? .they have to go to court first and as theyre overseas its unlikely to happen .just ignore and ditch email addy

Posted on: 2018/02/12 05:30pm

Hi All,
Last summer I joined be2 for a trial period of 1 month for 5 euro. I found the website to be full of what looked like fake profile and model shot photos so based on this I decided not to visit the site again. I didnt contact the company to cancel my subscription in time and I later foind a charge of 179euro on my credit card. When I contacted the "company" to cancel my subscription which I didnt not realise would renew for a premium membership....which I would never select if I chose myself. Anyway 2 days after I sent that email I feceived what I considered to be a treatening and intimating email demanding 190euro from me. As the first charge was in july 2017 I doubt I can reverse this charge on my cc however do I need to contact my bank to ensure no further charges are taken? Also who do I report these scammers too? I see someone posted about ecc?

Posted on: 2018/02/13 08:19am

Hi everyone,
I too have been victim to these low life's ,
briefly last June I visited be2 website paid 5 euro , about 2 weeks later cancelled as I thought , until hot email last week saying I owe 190 euro & the same threat as per usual of solicitors & debt collectors , was a bit worried first , but lucky for me I had cancelled card I subscribed with a few months ago because of another scam, so they they be2 now couldn't debit this , so I replied the other day saying that someone else used my card & details & this person that did so was a juvenile(I while really I made this up ) & said they had been cauntiioed , but I get another email today still requesting payment , so I got this number 01 8797620 it's ecc Ireland they deal with this type of problem so calling them tommorow & would advise everybody else to do same , also my advice to everyone else is to firstly report this to your bank they are very helpfull in these situations & usually refund you the money & issue you with a new card , I will update on my progress with ecc Ireland , spread the word about these be2 leeches.

this there any update on what ecc said? did you report the company?

I would be up for doing this also if it helps stop other people getting duped by this scam of a company!!!

Posted on: 2018/02/13 08:47am

these guys are the worst of the worst so its very unlikely they would enforce any debt as they would be laughed out of court ..the terrible feedback online would be brought to the courts notice .even on wikipedia as they've been scamming for years

Posted on: 2018/02/13 10:12am

these guys are the worst of the worst so its very unlikely they would enforce any debt as they would be laughed out of court ..the terrible feedback online would be brought to the courts notice .even on wikipedia as they've been scamming for years

If only I had done a little research instead of clicking on a stupid button.

Posted on: 2018/02/14 04:07am

I too have been done by these f**k head scum, i joined mid 2017 after a few days realised it was a scam went through the long stupid process with faxing and bingo got my cancellation conformation to easy. wrong they still took my money. Cancelled card the bank said they can fight to get my money back but i was just happy to get a new card all fixed wrong again. Dec 17 they tried again got bounced back to them.Jan 18 get email about bounced attempt to rip more money off me haha and the same threats we all seem to be getting.I now have the threating email i was waiting on so i now im going to vcat here in vic re page 8 this forum with success. i have cancelled the email address i was using, only way they can get to me is old fashioned mail to my home address.
My advise is to cancell all your info you have given them keep what they have sent you and contact local consumer board in your state and country as this scam seems to be world wide good luck to you all, will keep you posted how i go

cheers

Posted on: 2018/03/09 08:35am

Hello,
I too have been scamed by this so called company.
I did imediately understand it was a scam, and tried to end it after only 20 minutes membership.
Due to the law thas says that you ate allowed to cancel within 14 days, when buying anything on internet. Of course I couldn't reach the button to cancel.... no access! So I instead wrote them a letter that I sent.... of course they never responded, so I have no proof of the cancelation.
I thereafter changed my credit card, by then they alkready had stolen money twice from ny account.
They now couldn't withdraw anymore and the threathening meils started coming, I choose to ignore since I found this site.
But I have now recieved a letter from a debt collector here in sweden, and this company is in fact a legimit company, that has its office all over europe.
I now only have 3 days to pay or IT Will be sent to court. I really don't want to pay for this Scam, but IT seems like they are really taking it to court.
Don,t know what to do, has anyone been to court in this matter?

Posted on: 2018/03/09 08:47am

Does anyone have an email address to Be2, where they actually answer?

Posted on: 2018/03/09 09:26am

Hello,
I too have been scamed by this so called company.
I did imediately understand it was a scam, and tried to end it after only 20 minutes membership.
Due to the law thas says that you ate allowed to cancel within 14 days, when buying anything on internet. Of course I couldn't reach the button to cancel.... no access! So I instead wrote them a letter that I sent.... of course they never responded, so I have no proof of the cancelation.
I thereafter changed my credit card, by then they alkready had stolen money twice from ny account.
They now couldn't withdraw anymore and the threathening meils started coming, I choose to ignore since I found this site.
But I have now recieved a letter from a debt collector here in sweden, and this company is in fact a legimit company, that has its office all over europe.
I now only have 3 days to pay or IT Will be sent to court. I really don't want to pay for this Scam, but IT seems like they are really taking it to court.
Don,t know what to do, has anyone been to court in this matter?

just ignore and delete your email address then no more problem..they are extremely unlikely to go to court as they dont have your address ..its all a bluff to con you

Posted on: 2018/03/09 09:30am

they will need to get a default notice from court and this would cost more than you owe ..nobody as ever been taken to court by the scammers in question .its all brinkmanship bluff..they have such a bad global reputation they would be laughed out of court for taking the piss

Posted on: 2018/03/09 09:33am

Criticism

Blogs, review sites and online forums repeatedly report complaints about the company. The investigator in TheHookupGuy and MeetWomenOnline concluded: "We were more than disappointed in this scam dating website. A better word for it would be mortified!".[9] A blog was created for the exclusive purpose of such complaints, [antibe2scam.blogspot.co.uk/|Anti Be2 Scam]. Sitejabber published 41 reviews (as of 12 May 2015), mostly scathing, detailing aggressively misleading marketing practices, hidden charges, unwanted subscription into recurring expensive payment, charges applied to dormant accounts, obstructions to termination of contract and profile, and so forth. Other sites, such as DatingScams.co.uk and ScamBook, report similar findings.

In particular, The pricing of Premium Memberships are regular causes for complaint.[10] The membership is, in fact, a subscription, which is automatically renewed, unless the membership is cancelled in due time. However, complaints were received where premium account-cancellation was, in fact, impossible.[11]

Although the online address makes the company appear to be registered in the UK (be2.co.uk), it is actually based in Luxembourg. Its practices are considered illegal by the Danish Consumer Council.

The journalist Troels Jørgensen from TV station DR has rated BE2's matching system as flawed. Wildly different profiles were matched to exactly the same potential partners in a test performed for consumer rights programme Kontant. Also, membership is extended without consent which is illegal according to The Danish Consumer Council. [12] This is also illegal in Sweden according to The Swedish Consumer Council.[13] All the questions raised by the Danish journalist in the programme have since been addressed by the company. be2 made several changes to its service in Denmark in response to the programme.[citation n

Posted on: 2018/03/09 09:40am

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4243273

Happy to help.

I did have one concern: That maybe your bank or credit card company would keep allowing them to take payment, as it used to be that only the company could stop such payments, and obviously these scum won't cancel. However, I now read that in spite of some conflicting advice, YOU can order your bank to stop paying.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/feb/24/continuous-payments-authority-know-your-rights

It seems you've done that by account closure. It's possibly worth a quick call to that bank's customer service line to check that they understand that any such debit attempt will be fraudulent.
You need for payments to fail, and I figure they must be failing or else BE2 wouldn't be pestering you for unpaid amounts.

I've read a few threads where BE will start a 'pretend' debt collection process consisting of letters from dodgy solicitors and debt collectors. (Maybe Luxemburg or Ireland based).
No doubt such letters would be very scary. If you get such letters copy them here, but DO NOT WORRY. This is just like the car parking scam (Search forum for Roxburghe) They huff and puff in a last ditch attempt to get you to pay a ransom, then when push comes to shove they just move on to their next easy victim.
DO NOT reply to any such official looking letters in any way. DO NOT WORRY about them either.

Regardless of anything they tell you, their only redress is to sue you in the small claims court in the UK. They won't do that because they know they would lose and that would cost them money.

It's all one big 'try on'
Read the accepted answer on this page... You don't need a solicitor as one respondent says.

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-law/5mid2-joined-internet-dating-website-called-be2-dating-paid.html

It's the business model of this scummy outfit. Try to get £150 of ongoing payment, often succeed in getting and keeping that money without a fight. If member blocks payment, then bluster about debt collection so maybe a few more members roll over and cough up, then send a shady 'solicitors letter' to squeeze out a few last chances at getting payment. Then just skulk back under their rock to wait for their next victim.

It's NOT in their business model to actually take cases to the small claims court, where they know they'll get a rollicking from the magistrate and will have no chance of covering their costs..

JJ

Posted on: 2018/03/13 12:42pm

I received emails before followed by a solicitors letter go my house for an app I barely used.. They told me it was in behalf of be 2 and I was so worried that someone might turn up at my house especially after the letter and having to cover it up with family.

So I foolishly paid it but that was October and here we are in march and I have just today seen a email from a collections company in my spam folder looking for money and threatening baliffs on me.

I had canceled my account after last time. I just don't know what to do. Worried about going home to find another letter and trying to explain to family why I'm getting solicitors letters from Germany.

I NEED HELP. IM DESPERATE

Posted on: 2018/03/14 02:56am

I really wish i had read all of this b4 i joined that be2 scam. It wasnt until i was scrolling thru all the 'picture perfect' men that i noticed there was a paul, glenn and mike who all had exactly the same photo! Then i looked at my account ... then things went downhill frm there ... Like others i cant delete my dating site membrship - theyve taken $300 out of my bank account - i cancelled my credit card today. Surely some1 can shut this website down? Ill b emailing them also but dont like my chances of getting my money back..... honestly - id prefer to b single - this is really off putting!

I really hope others read this BEFORE they join!

Thanks for sharing ur stories guys its good to know im not alone - no pun intended 😉.

Posted on: 2018/03/14 08:20am

I received emails before followed by a solicitors letter go my house for an app I barely used.. They told me it was in behalf of be 2 and I was so worried that someone might turn up at my house especially after the letter and having to cover it up with family.

So I foolishly paid it but that was October and here we are in march and I have just today seen a email from a collections company in my spam folder looking for money and threatening baliffs on me.

I had canceled my account after last time. I just don't know what to do. Worried about going home to find another letter and trying to explain to family why I'm getting solicitors letters from Germany.

I NEED HELP. IM DESPERATE

thats dumb to pay..once again can you read this ..

they have to go to court to get a default notice before sending bailiffs and never gave done before

they see you as an easy touch so using you again ..so just tell em to piss off

Posted on: 2018/04/30 08:25am

Hi there
Is there anyone that has been given final warnings i.e. I've got until the 12th Feb to pay up otherwise they'll start proceedings. I've already had 8 emials since last Aug with gradually more serious consequences to no payment, this is the last:

Our client is complaining about the outstanding payment, and is demanding that we now obtain an order to pay and enforcement order against you and institute compulsory execution.

You had ample opportunity to settle the matter out of court, to settle the claim in monthly instalments or to discuss a partial reduction of the claim with us. You have allowed all these opportunities to pass to no avail. We shall now have to comply with our client's urgent demand to enforce the claim in court

On behalf of and with power of attorney from our client we set you herewith a preclusive time limit of up to and including

to settle the claim in the amount of 230,47 EUR

Yours sincerely,

Solicitors
Litigation Department

Does anyone have any advise, i.e. did they ignore these final warnings and has anything happened. I'm obviously convinced that the site is a scam, but is their ability to get the money still valid, as afterall i did sign their terms and conditions??

I'm running out of time, can anyone help? I really don't want to go to a solicitor as this would prob cost me more money than the fine...

Angry

What happened NexT ?

Posted on: 2018/05/03 02:17pm

Can anyone tell me how to contact Be2? I can't seem to find any contact details anywhere for them except a fax # in the t's and c's.
I have just had a NZ $299 payment taken from my account. I asked my bank to cancel the payment but they said it may still go through as it was pending in the system. I cancelled the debit card but the payment still went through. I have never been able to contact anyone through this site and thus have never used it and have now paid a freaking membership I don't want! I'll be ringing my bank back but still need to contact Be2 to try and cancel!

Posted on: 2018/05/04 08:48am

you cant contact them as they want to keep on scamming punters ..if you can read the above and act accordingly is all you can do..if people keep keep on acting like sheep they deserve to get scammed endlessly until they die

Posted on: 2018/05/04 10:23am

Hey guys, I also had been scammed by BE2 in Singapore, recently when I realized that I been duped. I immediately called up the bank to terminate my card and issue me a brand new one. I also filed a Dispute Report with the bank to reclaim the $309.12 stolen by the dating site. A few weeks after reclaiming the money, BE2 raised up the debt to approximately $327.82 and called up Bun and Bradstreet (Singapore) and the Singapore Commercial Credit Bureau (SCCCool via a letter I just received on the debt's information and its adverse consequences for 6 years. I hope these BE2 guys would stop harassing me and stop asking me to pay up that money for a service I had been duped by and wished that I had learned sooner.

Posted on: 2018/05/21 03:30am

Hey guys, I also had been scammed by BE2 in Singapore, recently when I realized that I been duped. I immediately called up the bank to terminate my card and issue me a brand new one. I also filed a Dispute Report with the bank to reclaim the $309.12 stolen by the dating site. A few weeks after reclaiming the money, BE2 raised up the debt to approximately $327.82 and called up Bun and Bradstreet (Singapore) and the Singapore Commercial Credit Bureau (SCCCool via a letter I just received on the debt's information and its adverse consequences for 6 years. I hope these BE2 guys would stop harassing me and stop asking me to pay up that money for a service I had been duped by and wished that I had learned sooner.

Hi, I have exactly the same experience as you, so what is the latest? How do you resolve it?

Posted on: 2018/05/22 03:08pm

I foolishly joined this website last Wednesday. I thought I was signing a 24 month contract with MONTHLY payments of €19.99, whereas they took 1 lump payment of €180. I immediately emailed them & have done so several times since. No reply!!! I cancelled my Bank card so at least they can't take any more money. Does anyone know if my Bank can recall the payment of €179.76? If so, is it worth it, seeing as they will probably start sending me Solicitors letters.

I will send several emails to cancel any future membership. Any more advice? Thanks

Posted on: 2018/05/25 07:06pm

I am hoping this helps in some way to put you in contact with the right people, my situation is a little bit different where I had never actually signed up or even heard of the site until I was contacted out of the blue by Be2 and a Collections Agency based out of Australia. I believe my email address was sold to the company or a third party subsidiary and my social information collected from networking sites.

I have read a lot of the replies below and can see enough examples to back up the added issues that did not line up for me when dealing with these people. Below is just a list of the things that were not correct in my supposed account and how I went about reporting these fraudsters. I am still in a battle with them to finalise the outstanding amounts but they have confirmed my account has been closed and no further subscriptions are listed in my name.

Here is a list of links to the Boards I submitted formal complaints to, I suggest you do the same and keep all communications and names. At the bottom you will find a list of useful links on company information and management/directors.

SEND COMPLAINTS TO THE BELOW OR FIND THE RELATED IN YOUR COUNTRY:
ACCC – Australian Consumer Complaints Commission - https://www.accc.gov.au/
Consumer Rights and Industry Ombudsman – Australia
International Complaints Board – www.complaintsboard.com
ECC – European Consumer Centre - http://cecluxembourg.lu/complaint-form/?lang=en
CSSF - Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) (reclamation@cssf.lu)
European Union for Consumer Affairs - https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/consumers/resolve-your-consumer-complaint_en

My last email response from and in reply to them as below (its been over a month and about 25 emails so far):

to: *************@gmail.com
date: Wed, May 23, 2018 at 5:19 PM

Hello *Name Withheld*,

Thanks for your message.

Using the e-mail address ************@gmail.co , a 6 month membership to our chargeable Premium service was purchased on 09/09/2017 for $239.76.

This membership was renewed on 09/03/2018 for the standard 6 month membership.

The e-mail address was confirmed via our security check and the service was used for sending messages.

Furthermore, your credit card details and the IP address were saved in our system at the time of purchase.

If you believe that your credit card was misused by a third-party, you should report this to your local police department without delay.

Please send us a copy of the official police report which proves the card misuse to allow us to close this case.

If you cannot provide us with this report, please pay off the outstanding amount in full as soon as possible.

With regards,

Martin Bell
be2 Claims Management

Email: collections@be2.com

to: be2 collections <collections@be2.com>
cc: au.international@ucc.net.au,
sms@ucc.net.au
date: Fri, May 25, 2018 at 6:33 AM

Good Morning Martin,

Per the last communications I sent to both Be2 and UCC collections agency, no payments will be made from me as I have no idea how or why there is even an account set up in my name. I have tried on multiple occasions now to ensure this account is cancelled and no further subscription is in my name but am getting nowhere. I do not live in Australia and would have literally no reason to use your service, no payments will be made and I have advised my financial institution as well as PayPal not to authorise any payments to this company at this time.

I have documented and chronologically ordered all email communications with UCC and Be2 as evidence. I have lodged formal complaints to the ACCC, Complaints Board, Consumer Rights and the Ombudsman in Australia in relation to this issue. I have also submitted complaints to Ecc and CSSF in Luxembourg and filed a formal request for assistance with the European Union for Consumer Affairs. If unresolved legal action will likely be taken.

No proof of communications, documents or verification has been provided and is simply ignored by both Be2 and UCC. I have tried to reset the password for the account to ensure no further subscription is continued, however it will not let me login or cancel the account. I want confirmation from you in writing that my account has been cancelled and no further subscriptions will be kept in my name. Further I would like direct contact information for a senior management team from Be2 not just generic email addresses. All further communications should be in response to this thread so all communications can be accurately tracked.

You state in the above, my email was verified using your security check and it has been used to send messages, I would like proof of any communications made too or from that email address as well as the "security check" details used to verify emails. I have no emails or communications sent to this email address from Be2 or any third party relating to this service until April this year. Further you stated above my Credit Card information was used to activate and purchase this service, however all your original documentation refers to my PayPal account. So no credit card information would have been given.

Below is a list of all the misused and incorrect information that does not line up with my actual information.

- There is no name on addressed Overdue account, it’s addressed to "Dear 0"
- The DOB and Address that is listed are incorrect
- The collection agency, is a US Company and the contact is the USA Portfolio manager, with an Australian address and phone number- something does not add up there.
- The "Contract" does not refer to a specific person or user and simply states "Ms." agreed to your terms and conditions and was given information regarding membership and cancellation. Which has never been sent to me nor have I verified my email address or subscription. It states I willingly chose to pay over $300.00AUD even when presented with other options, again false. No contract was ever sent to my email address, or agreed to verbally, in writing, online or in any form by me and no evidence of such communications has been presented by Be2 or the Collections agency.
- There is zero activity on the account, only what the site algorithm sends all users. No action has been taken by me nor whomever set up this fake account on the supposed date of subscription.
- Be2 States I last logged in on the 21-9-2017 - I have been living in Canada since last year and for the months of NOV-DEC-JAN have not had a working device in which I would have been able to "log in" on. This can be proven through my ongoing battle with phone company who would not replace my stolen device as I no longer lived in the country.
- Be2 follow up email regarding the validity and cancellation of the account then states I have agreed to another 6 month subscription using my credit card details, again no evidence or proof of this, also the account per all the original contact stating overdue refers to a PayPal account, meaning no credit card information would have been used.

Please respond confirming the account is cancelled and no further subscriptions will be activated. I will await responses from the above government boards before taking any further action regarding payments. Should a resolution not be obtained, legal action may be taken. I want to get this resolved as soon as possible as it is a waste of my time to continue going around in circles with no further information from UCC or Be2.

Thanks and I look forward to your response.

Regards,

6:12 PM (14 hours ago)
to: me

Good afternoon ******

Thank you for your email.

Please note that we have received notification from our client Be2 S.A.r.l advising your account with them has been closed and no further subscriptions have been activated.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to make contact.

Regards,
Trish Lowe / USA Portfolio Manager

SOME USEFUL LINKS BELOW
For media/social send contact to: http://www.social-pr.net/conference/speakers/293-mark-brooks-analystconsultant-courtland-brooks.html

Contact Details – All Communications Be2 and UCC
BE2 S.A.R.L c/o Interim Justitia GmbH BE2 S.A.R.L.
be2 S.à.r.l. - 12, rue Jean Engling - L-1466 Luxembourg
Commercial Register Luxembourg, B 123206
Authorisation 118042/A
Directors:
Andreas Etten,
Dr. Robert Wuttke
https://www.linkedin.com/company/be2/

BOARD MEMBERS:
Dominic Vidal (2008)
Philippe Herbert (2008)

Other Management and Employees:
Bjoern Sjut – Head of Online Marketing and Head of Sales and Marketing
Robert Wuttke – CEO and Founder - https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-wuttke-357813/
Andreas Etten – Co-Founder/Board/Shareholder -
John Eikenberry – Chief Technology Officer
Ivan McMahon – Chief Financial Director -
Laetitia Pateau - Head of Finance -

OTHER CUSTOMER SERVICE EMAILS:
Thomas.Brooking@be2.com
Martin.Bell@be2.com - Be2 Claims Management
collections@be2.com

Further Links to Company Information
https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/be2#section-overview

Upper Class Collections
3, 939 Wanneroo Road, Western Australia, Australia
PO Box 576, Wanneroo, WA, 6946
+61 8 9306 1777
Trish Lowe – USA Portfolio Manager
Graham Lacey – Director
Employee Profiles: https://www.zoominfo.com/pic/upper-class-collections/354627094?pid=-2001025724

Posted on: 2018/09/05 10:59am

Hi everybody,
Premium member can send a letter for termination of the contract prior with at least14 days of automatic renewal, according to article 8(1) paragraph 4 of the contract. They shall not take into consideration any other notification on this topic. It is deeply unfair also grotesque for a member that have paid to be forbited to proceed with online termination of a contract the same way the contract begun (virtually). Not to mention that there is not any services provided by be2. Not to mention, once again, that the customer may occure sever disseas ot death meanwhile..that makes them into a situation not to proceed effectivelly with written termination of the contract. This was a full mistake to subscribe to this site, please, beware of the reputation of dating platform since now on. P.S. please, proceed with letter of termination to the following adress:
be2 S.a.r.l
Kundenserviciu
13 rue du Commerce
L-135 Luxemburg
Luxemburg.
Suggest:
Check it out the be2 site online, terms and condition, article 8, on termination of the contract.
Goodluck everybody!!

Posted on: 2018/09/07 07:16am

Hi, I have exactly the same experience as you, so what is the latest? How do you resolve it?

just ignore it as theyre fraudsters .they can concoct all sorts of alarming letters but take no notice .these guys are the worst of the worst ..if you check online nobody ever gets taken to court is all hot air

Posted on: 2018/11/05 09:19pm

Hi, just wondering if the solicitor really took the case to court? thanks Smile

Posted on: 2018/11/07 06:51am

they will give up on you eventually. if

All post you receive from them should be returned marked 'Deceased'

Change all your e-mail accounts and phone numbers and you should be good.

Let this be a lesson learned - if it sounds too good to be true, it likely is.

Posted on: 2018/11/19 04:34am

Ont the site you can find a lot of fake profiles.
After the one test month, the price is very expensive, and to deleting it is almost impossible. They try to take the money from your bank accont, and if you don't pay, they are threatening you whit an retortion. My bill is more than 100 euro, what they want, only for one mounth using.

Posted on: 2018/11/24 02:34am

Be2 is a total scan joined for 1 month then charged for 1 year membership. Very difficult to communicate, blast you with lots of prospects but these are fake total waste of time.

Posted on: 2019/01/29 06:37am

Hello,
I'm reading through some of the comments on this thread, & this morning I've received yet another threatening email from this company. I joined in early 2017, don't even remember my password for the site, just signed up for what I thought was 5euro at the time. I've stopped replying to any email their representatives are sending me as they are saying I owe them 270euro. Any help/advice appreciated thanks ✌

Posted on: 2019/01/30 07:06am

just change your email address if you can and whatever you don dont send them any money as its all cow manure threats...they bulk mail all old ex customers every few months to scare them into sending some money again and again ..once they have your details they will never stop pestering you .they are con men of the worst kind

Posted on: 2019/03/27 06:20pm

Advertised as 59 RON (12 EUR) per month, after one month increased to 300 RON. No payment information whatsoever available after registering. You are notified (in small font BELOW the payment section of the page) of the 300 RON renewal (i checked this trying to open another account), but if you miss it, after completing the payment you can't see any payment information anywhere. No dates, no amounts. You can cancel only after handsigning a request, scanning it and sending it through email 7 days prior to a payment. You can complain but you are not refunded. In the Settings section you just see a message saying that details about your account will be available after a few days after opening, this message stays there forever. I can't believe this site operates legally in Europe and nobody can shut it down!!!

Posted on: 2019/03/29 10:15am

write back saying you will take them to court for fraud ..solicitors letter registered if you can find an address for them

Posted on: 2019/04/03 02:08am

Hi I am relieved to find this site and realise we are not alone. My friend joined B2 for a short time over a year ago, then tried to close the account with huge difficulty...thought he was successful but then found amounts continued to be deducted. He had to close his credit card to stop it...then has had several threatening emails from the German solicitor which he continues to ignore. Initial legal advice is to ignore it as it is very unclear how it would be progressed through court here, and whether they would even bother for an amount much less than $1000. Really sickening to prey upon people who may be vulnerable.

Posted on: 2019/05/02 05:03am

The harsh truth is now most dating sites are now scams Evan the so-called good ones I'm with zoosk and others getting out is a real nightmare they have forced me in to corner to take drastick action witch I hate to do to leave them all behind I'm going to have to have new email address lose my card and get a new one with bit of luck I'll have driven then into a dead end they carnt follow! Next time I'm going to open a second email used only for dating because they won't let you leave it will be easy to incinerate when they cut up ruff!!

Posted on: 2019/05/08 03:06pm

I’m a victim too! I’ve had about 5 emails demanding money and threatening court action. I tried responding with attachments of the email I sent on the day of joining treulife partner asking to cancel my profile and auto renewal then a few days later advising of my change of email address. I never received a response after that to my new email only 3 months later saying I owe £141.00 or thereabouts!! I have contacted PayPal and they are not going to issue any money and they haven’t been able to get any. But it’s still a worry. I await the next threatening email from them.

Posted on: 2019/05/08 08:05pm

If they have taken money from your bank account, immediately contact your bank and tell them a fraudulent and unauthorised transaction has been made from your account and to please reverse the transaction as soon as possible. Tell your bank you absolutely did not authorize the transaction and it is a scam. Immediately cancel your credit/debit card used to join Be2 and get a new one. I got my money back this way. Be2 will send you an email threatening debt collection..... ignore it. There is no point contacting Be2 they are scam artists. Block any emails that come from Be2 and report them as spam. Do not reply to any debt collection threats they are false and they are harassment. There are thousands of people Be2 has done this too. From my research, none of them actually ever had any legal action taken against them by Be2. Be2 are a group of con artists. It is disgusting. Warn everyone you know who uses online dating to be very, very careful who they sign with and to avoid Be2 at all costs.

Posted on: 2019/05/16 12:52am

Agreed there a a few dating sites and they are all linked to be2.. all the same scammers .. this has happened to many people according to the bank who tried to sort the problem out

Posted on: 2019/06/02 03:24am

Hi ,  I am from singapore. Pls do not subscribe to BE.sg.
I am saying this again not to let anymore people fall for it.

Under the contractual agreement, there is a  " auto renewal " subscription fees which you cannot stop.Once you subscript, your nightmare might start.

The advertising rate and the deduction amount also varies .Felllow singaporean, pls do not subscribe.

Posted on: 2019/06/03 03:04am

change your email and cancel your card .its easy to get rid of them in actual fact ..you never signed a written contract

Posted on: 2019/07/02 09:52pm

I too took out trial and only set up the most skeletal profile for a stickybeak. Instantly got multiple hits all from beautiful young women all asking for my email straight away. Tried to cancel account but no joy. Now have the same threatening emails from them, it is in the contract you agreed to yada yada as well as debt collection agency threats. They want $418 Aus for something I never used. Dodgy mob stay well clear. Will see what progresses.

Posted on: 2019/07/28 10:28am

Hi all, I've been threatened with solicitors too by B2, they say I have until this Thursday to pay next 6 month subscription, what should I do?? When signing up which I did I can't remember if I gave them my home address, do they look for your home address when signing up? I want to cancel my account with B2, should I pay this bill?? What happens if I don't pay?? Please help.

Posted on: 2019/07/29 04:35am

Hi all, I've been threatened with solicitors too by B2, they say I have until this Thursday to pay next 6 month subscription, what should I do?? When signing up which I did I can't remember if I gave them my home address, do they look for your home address when signing up? I want to cancel my account with B2, should I pay this bill?? What happens if I don't pay?? Please help.

are you for real?? pay them for the rest of your life you silly fool ..you deserve to be scammed

Posted on: 2019/07/30 08:31am

Do you have any update about what happened?

I think many of you have heart b2, it;s so far the biggest mistake I have ever made with online dating site.
I paid 5 CDN for a first month tryout, then I found this site is a crap so I stopped using it. After 1 month, I found my creditcard bill has shown a amount of 179CDN, I looked it up and found it was charged by be2 for a regular membership monthly fee. I called my creditcard company told them this was an unauthorized transaction so I got my money back. HERE COMES THE NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ever since then, b2 has been reacting as a super professional worldwide dating chain company(compare to their reluctance of writing back to me on how to cancel my membership, I wrote them many emails but didn;t get any email back, they have no customer service phone number either). I received this wanrning email said I have till what date to pay my outstanding amount with b2. I was almost going to send it, but then I searched google and found there are soooooooo many cases exactly like mine hanging there. Now I knew it;s a scam and I felt lucky that I didn;t send the money.
HERE COMES SOLICITOR!!!!!!!!
This morning as Feb 5th, 2013, 2 month since I last talked to be2 people. I received this letter from a solicitor claims to represent b2 and asking me to pay my membership fee by Feb 21 this month.
Here is the email I received. /
Is there anyone else has same issue with a solicitor involved?
What should I do with it? Can I just ignor it?
I need urgent advice!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2019/07/31 09:32am

see a genuine solicitor to send them a message to fend them off as their solicitor is all waffle ..they have to take you to court first to get an enforcement notice before sending in BS debt collectors..nobody ever gets taken to court if they fail to send money .theyre fraudsters trying it on

Posted on: 2019/08/16 10:42am

I have also recieved email from them threatening with debt collectors. So I posted very descriptive review of the company on Truspilot:

''"Less than a one star review plus money extortioning
While ago I have joined the afiliated (truelifepartners.co.uk)) site and have shortly realised that it has a lot of fake profile and decided to cancel my account - this was well before my 'trial' has expired and automatic renewal would be applied.

I have completely forgotten about this website until quite a few months after, I realised that I have been charged quite large sum of money and at the time my finances were bit down which has resulted in financial struggles. I investigated with my bank and it has come to light that they have been charging me smaller amounts all the way through withouth me realising.

I have send email to their customer service disputing the contract and demanding all the information records they have on me (GDPR) - I am lucky to work in adult education industry and have quite good understanding of legal systems and my own rights.

They have refused to comply with GDPR and have dismissed me simply saying go to police.

My bank has advised me to change my bank card so that they can not charge any more money.

I thought that was it, say good bye to money they took so far and moved on.

But no! Now they have send email threatening to send debt collection to retrieve funds that they were not able to take from me!

Guess what? That is called money extortion and it is illegal, it is criminal offence. They have been informed on three occasions I wish to cancel my account :
1- initially by myself when I decided the site is not for me
2- by myself via email asking for information they hold on me informing them I have cancelled my account
3- by my bank disputing charges they have made

Now I'm not the one to take it lying down - I will now get police involved as well as I have collected all the evidence to present to European Commision and claim all of my money back

To add on, through out all of this period I have not once recieved email or any form of notification that my membership will be automatically renewed and informed me that if I wish to cancel how much time I have left before automatic renewal. The only communication I had from them was to rebuff my queries, to demand money they could no longer take automatically and to threaten me with debt collectors"

Surprisingly they have responded to review asking me to get in touch to resolve the issue. I am debating whether I should or should I simply just proceed and report then for money extortion?

Posted on: 2019/09/10 07:33am

Hi
They have changed their name to Paidwings solicitors address is a back alley in Munich
They have no jurisdiction in UK or other countries worldwide
I also found website to be misleading and full of fake profiles
Ignore them they are scammers
If you search the solicitors name it brings you to this page

Posted on: 2019/09/20 10:01am

they have to go to court first to get an injunction before sending in debt collectors and for such a small amount would be quite expensive for them .and they are outside of many countries it would be very difficult for them to do this in your country ....so take no notice of debt collectors threat ..its all BS from the stables

they are the worst of the worst

b2scam and in violation of european law

Posted on: 2019/09/28 04:42am

The Danish Consumer Ombudsman has requested that the authorities in Luxembourg ensure that consumers – prior to entering into a subscription – are clearly informed that the subscription is automatically extended. Additionally, Be2 shall comply with consumers’ cancellations sent via email.

https://www.consumereurope.dk/nyheder/forbrugereuropa/indhold-consumereurope/news/2019/the-danish-consumer-ombudsman-luxembourgish-dating-website-is-misleading-consumers/

Posted on: 2019/11/09 01:21pm

me too!!! i chose 1 x month for $29 and they took $299 from my card!! after numorous emais to them to cancel
(i had already told the bank, got it reversed thank goodness), they sent me a threatnening email to pay or they would get my details from my ip address and take baylef action. after emails back and forth telling them i tried to cancel the next day due to the high amount of money taken from my card, but after 6 weeks they are still sending me emails to pay or else. i was considering paying them on paypal, but i couldnt do it that way and luckily i have seen this forum and i am not going to worry, as it is stressing me out!!

Dating Sites Reviews - Forum
https://www.datingsitesreviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=7604