Subject: My experience with eHarmony

Posted on: 2013/01/26 10:17am
By: Anonymous

I wonder if other people have had the same good experience I have had on eHarmony? I hope so because it took me less than 2 weeks to find a wonderful man on the site. I have read some reviews that were not to kind to eHarmony but I just wanted to let others know that things went well for me. I joined eHarmony during the last free communication weekend hoping to improve my love life since it has been 2 long years since I had been on any “real” date. I have been extremely busy with work and my personal life just disappeared. The free communication part is nice but it kind of sucks not seeing the photos of the men I was emailing. I talked to 3 men during the free communication and all seemed nice but things just didn’t seem to click. I ended up paying for an additional 6 months membership so I could continue my conversations and I hate to sound shallow, see their pictures. One of the guys seemed nice enough and I ended up going out with him for a fun evening. We had a good time but I could tell that the chemistry wasn’t there, for at least me. I probably would have gone out with him again except a man who I will call Mark messaged me. We instantly clicked and by the next day we were talking on the phone. Last night we went on our first date and I had one of the best times in my life. He was charming, witty and seemed to know all the right things to say. We plan to go on a date again tonight.

I can’t believe it took me just 2 weeks to meet the man of my dreams! I had heard a few horror stories about online dating and I can tell you I was a little worried. When I talked with Mark about his experience with online dating he told me he had been at it a bit longer. He had been using eHarmony for about 4 months. 4 months doesn’t seem to long either to meet someone online. I was thinking it was going to take me at least a year with several false stops along the way before I found someone.

One question I have is can I give my eHarmony membership to one of my friends to use so the other 5 months I paid for doesn’t go to waste! Probably not. All well, it was worth it to meet Mark.

Re: My experience with eHarmony

Posted on: 2013/01/27 10:22am

No I am pretty sure you cannot give your current membership to someone else. Eharmony does have gift subscriptions but that is something else.

I too have had pretty good luck on Eharmony. I am currently dating a man I met on Eharmony. I have my membership on hold at the moment while I explore this new relationship. He messaged me after about 3 months using the site. The funny thing is that he was sent to me as a match the month before but I ignored it due to something in his profile. When he messaged me a month later I decided to take a chance and I am glad I did.

I think you have moved a little quickly though Laura. You have only been on one date with “Mark” and you seem to be infatuated with him. I would give it a few more dates before you are sure he is boyfriend material. I would also find out more about his family and personal life.

Posted on: 2013/01/28 10:57am

As a guy I can tell you it takes longer to meet women on eharmony. I have been using this dating site for half a year and have very little to show for it except a lot of wasted time. All the women I have talked to ended up never been very good matches. How is that supposed to help me? They also should match people based on their jobs. I earn a 6 figure income and do not want to be matched with someone who has 3 kids and is barely able to support herself and her family. I am not a charity!

Posted on: 2013/01/30 11:54am

While not really on topic the best time to try eharmony is when they have free communication. This way you will have the experience of eharmony for a few days free to help you figure out it is worth joining. You can’t see members photos which is a drag but I try not to look at the photos anyways when I am first sent a match. I rather read the profile first to see if we are compatible before I look at the photos. I don’t want to judge people on their looks, I rather find out what their personality is like first.

I joined eharmony after free communication about 4 months ago. Using my “trademarked” approach to online dating has worked out pretty good for me. I have met a number of men with whom I have gone out on probably 10 dates in total. The current man I am dating is really nice and I can tell you his photo on eharmony doesn’t do him justice. Some people are good looking but just are not photogenic. Cool

Posted on: 2013/02/01 02:24pm

I live in Buffalo which is a city that is inside the border of the United States and just outside of Canada. It doesn’t matter to me what country my next girlfriend lives in since I work in both countries. Should I join eharmony.com or eharmony.ca? I think I will probably join eharmony.com since they are in US funds but can this site also return results for me from Canada, or is it just US based?

If no one answers then I will try out the .com site and let everyone know what I find out.

Posted on: 2013/02/20 03:41pm

Quote by: Anonymous

While not really on topic the best time to try eharmony is when they have free communication. This way you will have the experience of eharmony for a few days free to help you figure out it is worth joining. You can’t see members photos which is a drag but I try not to look at the photos anyways when I am first sent a match. I rather read the profile first to see if we are compatible before

I joined e-Harmony just last weekend during the Valentine's Day free communication weekend. It was my first time using an online dating site (I am on Facebook all the time) and I have to say it is pretty fun. I found that I was much more outgoing on e-Harmony where I know people are looking for a relationship rather than on Facebook. With Facebook you never really know if that cute guy you find is already in a relationship. I also like being a bit anonymous about my dating habits. My family is already pushy enough trying to find out about my relationship. With e-Harmony I know they will never find out until I am good and ready to tell them since they are not on it!

Posted on: 2013/03/01 06:06pm

Is eharmony really that good?

People should just join pof.com or okcupid as these dating sites are free and have a lot of members. If you are looking for real matching I found okcupid member created tests to be a real eye opener. You can create your own tests to help figure out your matches. If the member doesn’t take the test then you know he or she is not interested. Why trust another service that doesn’t know the real you like you know yourself. Trust me - try okcupid before plunking down money on eharmony ... BTW I do not work for okcupid … enough said.

Posted on: 2013/03/06 02:46pm

To be honest I have had pretty much the same luck on eharmony as on plenty of fish or even match.com. The best word I can use to describe these sites is AVERAGE.

I find that maybe about 20 percent of the people who I write a nice email actually write me back. The emails I write usually are mostly from scratch. I may take a few paragraphs from other messages but I do try to write a nice comment to her and make sure I include details from her profile. This is so she knows that I have actually read her profile. One thing I do recommend when writing these types of emails is to make sure you keep a copy on your computer. I store mine in outlook where there is a spelling and grammar checker. I know I am not the best writer so any advantage helps. Keeping a copy also means when you send out any emails in the future you don’t have to rewrite things like your own date ideas or your family history.

I have also met about the same number of people for dates on each of these dating sites. I am pretty picky when it comes to dating so it takes me a while and about 8 correspondences between the person I am interested in before I ask her out on a date. In total I have had about 4 dates from eharmony in the last 3 months.

Posted on: 2013/03/10 11:10am

Is eharmony really that good?

One thing I have to say about eharmony is that I haven’t run across any scammers. The people I have talked to seem legit especially when compared to some of the other sites. Maybe this has to deal with the fact that making a profile takes so long. I initially quit after 15 minutes but I am glad I came back and finished up my test the next day. I did pay for a 3 month membership after discovering you can’t really communicate with someone if you don’t. I was a little surprised it has worked out for me. I haven’t paid for a dating site before but I was just getting sick of all the crap that comes with a free dating site.

I am still new to eharmony but I do like what I see so far.

Posted on: 2013/03/21 09:18pm

I have had a good experience with eharmony so far but they are the first dating site I have ever joined. Their matches for the most part seem excellent but I am having some problems contacting the people. Maybe only about half the ones I send a message to ever write me back. Is this normal on a dating site? I would think if you joined you would be replying to most messages. I know I do even if it is just to say

“Thanks for the message but I am not interested.”

BTW what is the eharmony contact phone number? I want to talk to customer service about a small issue I have.

Posted on: 2013/03/27 08:32pm

I think eharmony is a scam. I did join but they soon kicked me off. Apparently they do not like married people on the site. I plan on getting a divorce but we have to wait a year.

This sucks.

Posted on: 2013/04/05 12:58pm

eHarmony is more about Christian values. You shouldn’t be dating anyone who is still married, even if a divorced is plan. You never know what can happen and things can have a complete reversal in a year and you could get back together. I find divorce is to easy an option for most couples. It should be a lot harder to divorce especially if there are children involved.

I am glad eHarmony didn’t allow you to join. Take the year and reflect on your life.

Posted on: 2013/04/13 09:41pm

A couple of years ago I tried to become a member of eharmony and I was also kicked off because I was separated from my wife but not divorced. I was pretty mad at the time and haven't thought of trying online dating until now again. It was probably a good idea that eharmony didn't allow me to join at the time since I was pretty angry with the world. My soon to be ex-wife at the time was putting my through hell. I wouldn't have made good relationship material. I needed a few years to work through my anger of not only her but women in general. I am in a calmer place now and am actually looking to settle down with one women again. I am going to give eharmony another chance since I like the whole idea of matchmaking. With the string of bad short relationships I have had in the last few years I know that I cannot pick someone who is compatible with a person like me. Let's see what eharmony can do.

Posted on: 2013/04/20 11:00am

I tried out e harmony the other day and didn’t realize online dating was so complex. It took me a long time to complete the questionnaire. I guess that is a good thing since to match people based on compatibility you would need to know how the mind of each person ticks.

I am a little overwhelmed at the moment with all of the options available to me when I log in. I have taken a look at my matches and have found a few I liked but I cannot see their photo. I am not sure if I should initiate contact with them or wait until they contact me. I am assuming here that if I am matched with someone that person would also then be matched with me. It wouldn’t make sense otherwise.

I would like to see a picture of the actual person I am matched with but I want to play around with e harmony a bit more before I go paying for a membership.

By the way do most people use the guided communication process? It makes sense to me but it seems to be just more questions. At this point after filling out the questionnaire I have had enough of the questions and just want to talk to someone.

Posted on: 2013/04/25 03:16am
By: Jane1234

eHarmony sounds encouraging! I have read tons of bad feedback from other people which made me want to cross out that site from my list. But with what I am seeing now, I guess it’s all worth a shot.

Posted on: 2013/04/27 09:58am

Yeah, I have had a few good experiences with eharmony. In the last 5 years I have used them 3 times including now, I just joined last week.

I am guy who doesn't like to pick up women in bars, I don't enjoy that scene anymore and I don't think I really want that type of women anyways. eharmony allows me to go in, look at my matches and send messages to the ones I like. It is quick and easy and I usually find someone I like (and who likes me) in about 3 or 4 months. There system works in the past and that is why I joined them again.

Posted on: 2013/04/30 02:16am

I am glad you found your man at eharmony however my experience was not really that great there. I have been swarmed by fake emails with fake-profile-people! Anyway, I guess to each his own.

Posted on: 2013/05/06 07:23pm

Amanda how do you know they are fake? Most of my matches seem r eal to me. They have a lot of information and pictures. The ones that don't post a pic I never bother with. Eharmony is the only dating site I have almost zero problems with when dealing with scammers. The free sites are the worst for this! Evil

Posted on: 2013/05/13 07:11pm

Has anyone uaed ehamony secure call? I have been just using my regular phone after sending messages to my matches for a while. I am not to worried by that point since I have already decided they are worth going on a date with.

Posted on: 2013/09/04 11:10am

Crap, crap, and more crap. Geek

It was good a couple of years ago when I found my now ex-girlfriend but I just tried it recently and had zero luck. All the features worked well and having the eHarmony app on my phone was handy but I came out with only 2 dates after a month and none of them went anywhere. I think their matching algorithm may be broken. They may have over engineered the matching system and have done to much tinkering!

Posted on: 2013/09/11 11:54am

Has anyone uaed ehamony secure call? I have been just using my regular phone after sending messages to my matches for a while. I am not to worried by that point since I have already decided they are worth going on a date with.

I have used secure call before. It is pretty easy to use. Your phone number is protected and you can still call your matches. Only one of you needs to be subscribed to secure call for it to work. Basically eHarmony call's you and then they call the person you want to talk to and then connect the 2 together.

It is easy and worth it IMO.

Posted on: 2013/09/27 06:45am

When you go on eHarmony, be patient and post pictures that are in suit and tie and others that are CLEAN and CLEAR. No pics with your shirts off guys. Be CLEAN CUT when you meet these women. Who wants an un-clean, un-showered, un-groomed man or woman anyway??
Write a nice profile and be polite. Oh, and you perverts, stay away! I LOVE sex but I don't stalk women, etc. and treat them bad. YOU WILL be found out. They DO prosecute!

Posted on: 2013/11/25 02:33pm

I joined Eharmony in May of 2013....soon I was matched to a sweet indian guy, nice looking, educated and polite.........started texting and chatting for a couple of months till we finally met. As soon as we were alone, he jumped on me, using force as I was asking him to stop.... it happened. Afterwards he told me it was all good because that only meant we were really connected and that there was something very special going on.... I believed his words without realizing what was really going on. Several conversations and encounters, he said he loved me, he wanted to have kids with me and meet my family.............one day he was gone, avoided me as I was asking for an explanation, I was very depressed and didn't want to accept the reality, I was ashamed and insisted I wanted to see him and put an end to that in person, I wanted an explanation, he avoided me and didn't want to admit that he had been using me; one day he said he had just met another woman and asked me to move on without any apology, very rude and when I said I would go see him, he threatened me with calling the police, accused me oh harassment when I all I wanted was at least an explanation or decent closure. I still feel very ashamed, I go to therapy and then learnt that I had been date raped, I had been manipulated and was very embarrassing to admit. My heart and self steem was broken, he wanted to know my deepest fears to then used them on his favor, I had been to a very traumatic relationship before and got away, he wanted to know everything about it and told me my life was going to be better with him, he is a doctor with a great reputation in Kansas City, he used that to convince me that he was much more sensible and understanding than others. I am a good person and I didn't deserve to be abused like that, by the one man I trusted. He is dating other women now and probably everyone thinks he's wonderful. Ladies, be careful.... he'll used you and abuse you, then will get rid of you and threaten you if you want to do something about it.

Posted on: 2015/05/29 05:58am

I have been on the site now for a month. I have written 15 emails to guys I thought might potentially be good matches. I have had one reply and more than 50% have not even looked at my profile which suggests they are no longer active members or maybe my pic is so hideous they don't even want to go there!!! I was brought up to be polite and even though I might not be interested, send a quick note saying thanks but feel we are not suited or they live too far away.

Most of the matches I am sent are said to be outside the match criteria - mine or the man's - not sure about that. The site also does not tell you how long ago people were last online so you never know whether you are flogging a dead horse so to speak. Many of the matches I get are too far away so what is the point!! I live in London and do not want to move to the countryside - I want someone who lives in London!!

They have this questionaire which take ages which I ccompleted over a few days - most of the blokes do not seem to bother suggesting there is a surplus of men!!

For the amount you pay I do not think eharmony is worth it, there are other sites which are much better and at least you know whether members are still active.

Unfortunately I still have two months membership left - but will never use them again. Why don't these dating sites give you the option of one month membership, then if they are slack like eharmony you can cancel and go elsewhere.
There, I have vented, but looking online lots of others feel the same way.

Posted on: 2015/06/23 10:22pm

2 weeks to find the man of your dreams? I would be more cautious. I found someone that seemed too good to be true. He WAS too good to be true. I hope yours works out better than mine.

Posted on: 2015/07/08 12:18am

After reading your topic.

i dont think you're right , i found alot good advices there

Posted on: 2015/09/03 10:16am

No I must say my recent experienced with eHarmony are nothing short of ridiculous!

First let me say the staff and safety team at the site is wonderful! Responsive, kind, and clear. But that is an awful point to have to make isn't it?

The matches I am connected to have been more times than not, foreign born men, broken English in their correspondence, and NOTHING from address to phone numbers checks out! I get an overwhelming number of matches daily, and rarely move past the guided portion of the site because of weirdness, sexual requests, money needs, etc. I have also in two short months had 4 safety concern emails sent to me that matches I had been sent were now being removed from the site?

I am considering starting a blog or FB page to post all of these men by the names and photos they are sending out to us, as a shortcut to avoid the asshats! I have no doubt that this is a widespread issue, a few of my friends report the same weird goings on.

Does anyone have a clue why this is so prevalent in eHarmony? Just ridiculous! And what is the actual end game of these men?

Any insight would be wonderful. And if anyone knows of a site to post the wanna be Romeos, please send, I can add 4 to the team!

Posted on: 2016/02/22 05:40pm

i'm not laughing cause I just tried to create a file and because ive been married 5 times and have 12 children they said they could not help me find a mate.... that's sad, I had some hope they crushed that. i'm divorced
and ready for number 6 baby!!! Cry

Posted on: 2016/08/24 03:13am

Last year, I subscribed to their service and wanted to cancel the three payments of $67.80. I called after the first payment to cancel the membership with them. The person on the other line told me that I could not under the terms of their service, which I completely understood and respected. I payed the three payments.

During that call, I had specifically asked that my membership be cancelled after the three payments and the man told me he could do that. I even confirmed with him twice to make sure that I would not be charged again. I had gone into my profile and made sure the auto-renewal is off. Yes folks, you cannot select the auto-renewal off until your membership is nearly over.

This year, just last week, I had noticed on my PayPal that I was charged another $67.80!

I had a hard time finding their numbers and when I did, I was told that she wasn't in charge of giving me a refund and sent me an e-mail to write to another department. They replied that they could not refund my money because of the term and condition of me not selecting auto-renewal off (which I have!)

They are a money sucking company. I thought that they'd understand when I explained that being a big company like theirs should keep their words about their service and packages. I even pleaded that I could not afford paying for a payment I never approved of and had cancelled!

They do not care. One word: SELFISH!

If you want to go with their services, make sure you are wary of their payment services. And Poor customer service! The e-mail was RUDE.

"As we have now carefully reviewed Customer Care’s original denial of your request and found it appropriate, this decision will be final. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any further consideration of your request."

They do not care about treating their customers like human beings! Decisions will be final and provide no further consideration?? That's probably how they make money by counting on people to forget to set the auto-renewal off, and even if they do not forget and called their company to CONFIRM they would not be charged, they would still charge that extra $67!

I would rate this service 0 out of 5 if I could! Be wary if you want to use their services. I know I would not recommend this to anyone!

Posted on: 2016/08/24 03:17am

Not only that, I was told that I went back to my account and reactivated it! I did not! And I have been reading other reviews on customeraffairs and productreview. People are saying the profile auto resets to auto renewal! SCAM! I had never been this disrespected in my life!!!

Posted on: 2016/08/24 03:22am

The ad says Trusted dating site? That site is ANYTHING but trusted!! Terrible! Stop using their services!

Posted on: 2016/08/24 03:35pm

eHarmony's site was hacked and 6 million credit card details were stolen

They had an advert banned by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA)

Their office is supposedly behind the BBC building in London yet even the local postman has never heard of their address when asked.

Never pay for dating because paying is just wasting your money, it never stops the scammers and remember you pay to contact someone but they may have a free account and cannot reply. Our advice would be to join freedating.co.uk where at least they care and all contact is free.

Do eHarmony care about you met someone? Absolutely not but they do care in getting your monthly subscription.

Posted on: 2016/08/25 08:18am

they screen strange ads in the UK on TV showing women with pigs and camels ,cant figure their UK ads system. free sites must be better as they have more profiles if they use them and are not blanks

Posted on: 2016/08/29 02:49am

eHarmoney refused to refund me my money.

To make sure eHarmony won't charge me again, I went into my Paypal's setting -> Payments -> Preapproved Payments -> eHarmony -> Where it says "Active", hit "Cancel"

That's the only way Paypal could protect you from that bad service. Paypal couldn't do anything because I had eHarmony preapproved automatically since they charged me in threes. Learn from my mistakes and protect yourself.

Never again!!! Cry

Posted on: 2016/09/22 05:54pm

As a guy I can tell you it takes longer to meet women on eharmony. I have been using this dating site for half a year and have very little to show for it except a lot of wasted time. All the women I have talked to ended up never been very good matches. How is that supposed to help me? They also should match people based on their jobs. I earn a 6 figure income and do not want to be matched with someone who has 3 kids and is barely able to support herself and her family. I am not a charity!

Hi sir. I get that you want someone that fits your standards and obviously if you dont have kids most likely you wont wanna date someone with kids. but your shallowness over how much someone makes is gross. No one thinks of you as a charity. Women usually know how to take care of themselves. dont doubt a women and her potential over income. unless she is lazy and homeless. maybe you dont have any luck because you seem like a high maintenance fellow. better luck next time Smile

Posted on: 2016/09/24 11:11am

they must be spending an absloute fortune on TV ads in the UK as airtime is not cheap on prime TV, usual pics of Mr perfect guys and hot women

Posted on: 2016/10/27 08:20am

Be careful!!!

They stole my money!
And I could not get it back. My plan was for a year with a 3months installments, but after 2 payments (2 months) they terminated my account giving the reason that they could not deduct the third installment which is quite silly. I was more than happy to pay the 3rd I to be able to use the system but they never cared. I followed it up but the REAL problem which we never care is the terms and conditions. They can cancel our membership with no reason!!! Can you believe it? Yes, this is what they wrote in their terms and conditions!

It was a waste of money and they never tried to find a solution except to start another membership meaning to pay from the beginning. Am I a fool you think?!

Guys just be careful.

Posted on: 2016/10/31 11:03pm

I met a guy on eHarmony that I thought was too good to be true. And doggonit, he was. Not to good, but foolish. For a month, I listened to what he was telling about being beautiful and being the one. And how he was so happy to come to GA to meet his wife. Things didn't add up but because I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt, I fell victim. I asked over and over if he was married or involved with anyone, to which I was constantly told no.. Well, guess what. THE BUZZARD IS MARRIED!! Who joins eharmony to find love but you just got married. This has really put a nasty taste in my mouth. I don't blame eharmony but I'm disappointed. Should I try it again? I just don't know..

My experience with eHarmony

Posted on: 2016/11/11 05:12pm

I signed up for a three year subscription, I am very dissatisfied with the service for many reasons. They will close your account but know you are not eligible for any type of a refund for the year remaining on the paid in advance subscription($263.00). They give you three days to cancel for a refund! I'm sure that's in the fine print somewhere!

I was not getting matches in my area, nobody would respond to my communications, I hate to re enter the data each time to logon to the site. Waste of my time and hard earned money!

When I did call to cancel it took me 10 times to tell them to give me a refund. The cancelled the account and said, "is there any thing else". Yes, I said how about my money back. You can go through some type of trust and safety rational to try to get your money back.

Customer Service is horrible,

Don't JOIN!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2016/11/28 10:30pm

My experience thusly is.

"We're sorry – we are unable to find the right type of people for you
This does not reflect on you personally or your chances of finding a happy relationship. Thank you for trying eHarmony; we wish you the best in finding a great relationship."

With no allowance of changing settings hell I have no setting options or anything I sign in it goes straight to that page. No options for anything else. Go to eharmony while signed in goes straight to that message. I wanted to change the distance just to see what I could find but there is no way to do it there's no help for such a thing like this.

So my experience I must say is downright patronizing lol.

Guys trying dating sites is a *censored* everything's expected from you first but it is a *censored* for the ladies as well they deal with the constant hounding from horn dogs. There needs to be a better way.

Posted on: 2016/12/28 08:32am

Wow that's a horrible thing to say. Love is not about money but acceptance. No wonder you have not find anybody yet.

Posted on: 2017/01/04 09:56pm

EHarmony is terrible. I was getting "matches who live two hours away. The assistance I got was eHarmony changing my distance preference to "very important".... there are no reasonable eHarmony matches is my radius. EHarmony will not delete my profile and refund the balance. I'm stuck there for 5 more months. I am so angry. I wish I'd read the app reviews before I wasted money on that horrible site

Posted on: 2017/01/08 11:56am

I have had a good experience with eharmony so far but they are the first dating site I have ever joined. Their matches for the most part seem excellent but I am having some problems contacting the people. Maybe only about half the ones I send a message to ever write me back. Is this normal on a dating site? I would think if you joined you would be replying to most messages. I know I do even if it is just to say

BTW what is the eharmony contact phone number? I want to talk to customer service about a small issue I have.

Having exactly the same problem now, they used to have a guided communication feature which really did a good job with weeding out the time wasters, they have ditched that and I am now experiencing this when I write to 'matches'.

Posted on: 2017/01/17 11:07am

Men or women that meet their "someone special" within a week or two are rare and fortunate. My complaints about EH are 1: once you go past the 3 day free trial period you can not get a refund no matter what the reason. Yes, it does tell you that up front BUT often times it takes much longer than 3 days to find out many of the websites issues, then it's too late. 2: you can not crop a photo on EH. I had a photo that I really wanted to post so i cropped it, saved it and posted it. It appeared to be exactly how i wanted it after cropping out other people in the photo but 3 weeks after posting that photo, as I was chatting with a "match", she asked who the other people in the photo were ! I called "customer service" and they admitted that yes, they do not have " a good cropping system." I told them it not only wasn't good, that it did not work at all. Think i could get a refund ? Not hardly.
3 : i had a "match" that i BLOCKED and yet her complete profile stayed on my match page. I had to look at her picture every time i went to the match page and i could still read her profile even though a popup window told me i couldn't becuase she had "moved on". Again, no resolution from EH "customer service."
4: ever try to type out a message to someone on EH ? The window they give you is extremely small and you also can not see the message that the person sent to you at the same time so you have to constantly jump back and forth between the two to see all of the questions and comments that you are trying to answer. A real pain for sure. 5 : getting scolded like a child is not my idea of "customer service ." On my profile i typed in a comment about EH being a "piss poor" website and they shut down my profile for using OFFENSIVE language. I wrote that in anger over the photo cropping problem, which i had sent an email to the so called customer service without any resolution, which by later talking to them directly on the phone, i only then find out their cropping system is a failure. Well tough cookies for us on that one too because they dont care about anything but your money.
My personal advice for anyone reading this, should it even get posted and not taken down for " offensive language" or because it is so negative, is to NOT JOIN EH. Save your money and go elsewhere. I am extremely unhappy with the website. Do i get lots of matches ? Yes. But the website itself and the so called customer service are unpleasant and all they care about is your money. One final negative about EH : they don't make it easy to contact them.

Posted on: 2017/01/17 11:24am

Having exactly the same problem now, they used to have a guided communication feature which really did a good job with weeding out the time wasters, they have ditched that and I am now experiencing this when I write to 'matches'.

I had to google EH customer service to get a contact number since they do not have one that i could find on the home page where my profile is ( which would only make sense to have it there for our convenience, right ? ). The first number i tried did not work, only got a constant busy signal. I found another number that did work. It is 1-844-527-7421. I used it yesterday on January 16, 2017. I was also shocked that i was able to speak to a human fairly fast and she actually spoke English! !! But she was snobby and repeatedly cut me off when i spoke about all the issues i currently have with their website. I got no satisfaction. None. I just wasted $150 on a membership to a website that has issues that they can not or will not fix.

Posted on: 2017/01/17 11:38am

Be careful!!!

They stole my money!
And I could not get it back. My plan was for a year with a 3months installments, but after 2 payments (2 months) they terminated my account giving the reason that they could not deduct the third installment which is quite silly. I was more than happy to pay the 3rd I to be able to use the system but they never cared. I followed it up but the REAL problem which we never care is the terms and conditions. They can cancel our membership with no reason!!! Can you believe it? Yes, this is what they wrote in their terms and conditions!

It was a waste of money and they never tried to find a solution except to start another membership meaning to pay from the beginning. Am I a fool you think?!

Guys just be careful.

Well, i am likely going to experience the same thing that you just described because out of LEGITIMATE anger i used vulgar, offensive language on my profile to describe my feelings of EH. I said.... are you ready for this ?........ i said the words "piss poor."
OMG. How could i be so insensitive ? Lol. Bet they are going to cancel me also now that they have two of the three monthly payments, or maybe they will wait until they get the last payment in 10 days from now and then cancel me. Doesn't really matter to me now. EH is the worst of the worst dating sites and their "customer service " is rude and snobbish to say the least. I'm telling anyone that will listen to me to stay far away from EH.

Posted on: 2017/02/28 09:48am

I have not been on the site very long but I have reached out to about 8 men. Not one response so far. Most only have one maybe two pictures-thought maybe they were fake profiles.
I'm a pretty woman so just in case someone would remark about that-that isn't the issue. It's as if there isn't anyone on the site. I find it very strange.
The customer support said it could take weeks for a man to respond-REALLY???? Just find it weird.

Posted on: 2017/06/19 09:36pm

This is not a good dating website and has been an awful experience. The customer service is terrible. The matches are sub-par. This is my first real experience with a dating website and it isn't great.

Posted on: 2017/07/30 04:56pm

The app has gone downhill big time.

1) Education is very important to me, I have set it to Bachelors as a minimum, yet I am getting matched with non degree holders. Call me a snob, but for me anyway someone who has put an effort into getting a degree etc is the type of person I want to date. I can often tell the difference between the two, the non educated ones or poorly educated seem to be so shallow.

2) Location is often way off, I am looking for somebody in London yet getting matched with people not in the city.

3) The quality of matches are just *censored* now, I think that they ditched the questionnaire and that has caused a lot of the annoying non serious online daters from other apps to join.

4) No guided communcation = too easy to ignore guys now. I used to have a 99 percent success rate prior to this change, now it is 60%

Anybody know of a good alternative app.

Posted on: 2017/10/04 09:55am

I had a really good experience with eharmony.

Early last year after 2 months being on the dating site I met my future wife. We just got married and have never been happier.

eharmony matched us right after she joined (I joined 2 months before her) and we messaged each other for a few days and then decided to meet and never looked back. I would have not met her without eharmony! Big Grin

Posted on: 2017/10/14 11:57pm

My experience with e harmony has yet to be determined. Let me explain..I have been on several dating sites including POF. I dont think alot of people say what they mean on these sites. I say that from experience.
I am a nice guy..probably too nice. i believe thats not really what alot of women want. Im 53 years old & just looking to meet the right one. I,m no model, but not bad looking either. I read several other blogs on here from guys who have similar experiences.

POF is a decent place to meet people, HOWEVER, for us guys its much more difficult. Its good to have choices, but i think there are too many, which just makes people vear off to someone else who messages them. Woman will get many more messages than us guys... ergo, many choices & distractions from what seemed like a nice conversation. Just an fyi- Good luck ever getting hold of customer service there I have taken a break from online dating because as the people who run these sites know, it becomes addicting to see who msgd you & can be very disappointing to send a thoughtful message to someone, & get no response- many times over. I currently would rather feel lonely, than disappointment... Also, i cant figure out why so many ladies dont take the time to write some kind of profile.. ?

Anyway, Ive been holding out on joining e harmony until I'm done taking a break from online dating. I've held out on e harmony because my expectations of this site are very high as they are probably the most reputable from what Ive heard. That will probably be my last ditch effort for online dating.

Posted on: 2017/10/31 01:40am

Complete waste of time. Absolutely no compatibility with who you are looking for.

Posted on: 2017/10/31 10:34pm

I tried eHarmony and it was a waste of money. It did not connect me with anyone that I was looking for, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I have been on other dating websites and have went on dates, but this site matched me up with non-compatible people, do not use eHarmony, you would have a better chance walking around in a city then going on to eHarmony, its a rip off!

Posted on: 2017/11/06 10:40am

Well greg maybe you have no met any one yet is because of the fact that your kind of a douche men like you all ways think because you make a good amount of money that your entitled to the perfect woman what ever that may be and the woman your looking for may not be interested in you at all or feel like she needs you in her life so maybe you should climb off your high horse and you may find someone jerk.

Posted on: 2018/02/04 10:09pm

I've had no luck on this site for three weeks. The men I'm a supposed 100% match with have completely different political and spiritual beliefs than me. It's a racket if you ask me.

Posted on: 2018/02/05 08:26am

I tried eHarmony and it was a waste of money. It did not connect me with anyone that I was looking for, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I have been on other dating websites and have went on dates, but this site matched me up with non-compatible people, do not use eHarmony, you would have a better chance walking around in a city then going on to eHarmony, its a rip off!

absolutely what i found .rip off quick money scam

Posted on: 2018/04/02 07:59pm

Angry My experience with eharmony was men soliciting me for large amounts of money. 350K, I have tried to contact eharmoney, BBB and consumer affairs. This is totally a scan for men to steal money from woman whom feel they are totally in love with them. In less than a month, guess what.. I have the emails to prove it.

Now, I'm gun shy as i truly thought he cared, I even bought him an Easter gift. How stupid is that.

I want this to go viral so other women don't get used and abused. I hope they pay for all that they have stolen from women all over the world.

Posted on: 2018/04/04 07:36am

^^^
Nigerians with fake profiles is common on all date sites in order to scam females and it seems to work

Posted on: 2018/04/19 10:11am

Don't commit money unless you've got money spare. Fortunately I didn't, as frankly I think it's quite sad to ask someone to commit that much money simply in the pursuit of love. What could once be found with serendipity for free in the real world has been thoroughly monetised. I'd used OKcupid before and their fee is more reasonable, about £35 for 6 months, that's fine with me ( though as with all of them, remember they auto-renew! ) ans that is ample time to find someone.

Worth noting that with E-harmony they won't let you do anything, apart from send a smile. Oh joy. You can't send a message without a subscription and you can only see blurred photos as a default, and yes I also note the same issues with distance matching - it was a further issue.

Anyway, back to OKCupid for me, which has always been me go to one before-hand and I've done well enough ( 2 longish term relationships, and a few other nice dates, for which I am not blaming the app for not going further obviously! ).I only checked out eharmony as I was curious to see what other sites were like, but from my experience, there is already one definitely better value for money around.

So don't rush in to subscriptions

Not worth it

Posted on: 2018/04/20 01:36am

I would give eharmony a 0, if I could. The ads promising some type of algorithm are a marketing ploy, as was the arduous survey users must complete. No actual algorithm exists, and the site displays what appears to be whatever profiles are available at the time. The “compatible” matches feel equally random. Save the money and avoid

Posted on: 2019/07/30 03:50am

I spent several hours on a profile thinking some conversation would be nice. I had my account disabled within 12 hours! I realized I was very direct about the fact I am politically active. I believe every level of political office must be held to the highest moral and ethical standards. I work for child and homeless issues. That's it. I was censored by the male-dominated pity party that sits on the site because REAL, educated and financially sound women won't date them. E-harmony is very matter of fact - it could be I am lying about my age, job, etc. Well, I own my own biz, a retired teacher and mother of 6, Christ follower all the way. Do I sound like the type tripping security cues all over the place? Apparently, having a political view outside the "old boys club" means you cannot be a harmonious resident of the e-harmony empire. To their censorship and shameless misogynist agenda - I say PISS OFF then. I have screenshots of all my interactions and - word to the wise - if your profile offends the delicate constitution of its more senior members, they can kick you off AND you forfeit ANY money you ave paid. That is the hidden political agenda at work. That is e-harmony in the USA, censorship, sexism, and political agenda.

Dating Sites Reviews - Forum
https://www.datingsitesreviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=7579