Subject: dating sides a total fraud

Posted on: 2010/01/13 10:56am
By: sachin shirke

i wonder from where they bring all those pics to lure the men into their sites. i am harassed with the fake letters,they send every day to fill my email box. the only thing, i was unlucky about ,was that i did not get to read the forums ,before i joined the site. all the emails are one liners without taking much pains to write.it becomes a compulsory affair to reply the emails which we undertand after a long time to be fakes.after some days they start sending our emails to shagaholic to lure us to join that fraud site also.the female who chates with us sends us an open invitation.but that email, mind u with the heading(open invitation) goes to their affiliate site(shagaholic).after sending the email there, they put a beautiful women's pic on the profile of the women in benaughty,forcing us to get the membership of their affiliate site ,shagaholic also. they give us membership in reasonable rates just to trap in their other site named shagaholic ,to make us to pay in pounds.i even gave those ladies my phone number as a last ditch attempt,but all in vain. who ever chats with us must be a paid employee of their office.
i think all the sites be having the same modus operandi, after reading all these forums.god forbid i was cautious enough to pay them by a netsafe card.Idea

Re: dating sides a total fraud

Posted on: 2011/07/24 12:15pm
By: Anonymous

i just had a look at shagaholic, thought it was too good to be true, then noticed a repeat word for word from a completely different site on a girls profile. the cheap trial is alluring, but wary of online transaction, and the fact that i was supposedly getting responses in the middle of the night, that i conveniently could not open without a membership, led me to search the forums.
Happy to hear if i have it wrong but even some of the profile pics do not match teh descriptor, by a long shot. maybe there are some genuine suckers among the imposters. Wink

Posted on: 2011/10/07 10:01am

All Paid dating sites are a total fraud, there are many people sitting in the office writing up fake profiles to help part guys from their cash, the Asian dating sites are the same, they have interpreters sitting in the office writing on behalf of some fake profile.
I would only trust the FREE dating sites and not the money grabbing fakes

Posted on: 2011/10/13 09:12pm

hi just thought i would post a comment i joined that site but didnt pay nothing and i thought i would try to delet my account only joined cause said it was free when i went to the delet account section it say u can delet ur account and you click delete and nothing happens im just glad i didnt give the wankers nothing lmao (shagaholic) Mr. Green

Posted on: 2011/10/19 08:56pm

Can someone post a list of the free sites

Posted on: 2011/10/24 01:56am

Plenty of Fish is a free site. It's pretty good.

Posted on: 2011/11/17 06:33pm

there are a lot of fake profiles on shagaholic but i have met a few women from there and had a real good time. there are a lot of real women there too. you just have to sort through the fakes to find the real ones. that can be a bit frustrating.There are also a few who come from other sites and are looking for love. Shagaholic is for pepole looking for sex and that is a bit frustratuing as you see ahot woman who youd love to shag and she isnt interested in anything but romance.

RE: Plenty of Fish

Posted on: 2011/11/17 07:25pm

Quote by: Anonymous

Plenty of Fish is a free site. It's pretty good.

While technically a free site, POF charges for 'upgrade' and if you want to accomplish anything, you must upgrade.
I have not decided whether they are just a little bit crooked or totally incompetent. I paid for a 3 month trial membership and was deleted ~2 weeks before my subscription was expired. I tried to log on and was told that I had messed up. I was using the password that I have used for the last year or two. Using their 'forgot password' option, I was told that my email address was not found in their files.
I e-mailed them 3-4 times and have yet to receive a response.
Crooked or incompetent? Maybe both.

Posted on: 2011/11/29 09:52pm

I almost walked into paying shagaholic after receiving messages from beauties - real or not is the question and whether it would have worked is also another question. Thanks for the words of warning.

Posted on: 2011/12/14 04:25am

I probably can't add anything new to what else has been posted on this forum or other areas of the site already but perhaps the addition of my experience will help others not make the same mistake and/or waste their time. The site I used in the UK I notice is not listed here but (with the benefit of hindsight) the tactics and formula used by them are familair to most now, I'm sure. I received plenty of messages, very often starting with 'hey!' or 'looking for NSA fun' or 'new girl in town.' None of them ever addressed me by name, which made me suspicious to start with and I guessed they were generic and any that I did get a response from, asked me to email them at a seperate address or join another web site. After a day or so, these 'members' became inactive. How strange! The one or two I did converse further with all had something in common; Although purpotedly British, they were all working in various parts of Africa in various jobs or assignments but would be coming home 'soon' and were looking for a stable, long-lasting relationship. I wasn't and I even put that on my profile. I didn't ever let them get as far as asking for money for their air fare 'home' but guessed that would be the next step and I doubt if any of them were women anyway although photos were always sent of very natural, normal-looking and therefore plausible females. It was the repetitive pattern that was the give-away. Luckily, I'm not a lonely person and only joined for a bit of fun but I realise there are many people out here not as fortunate as me and these sites provide a thread of hope to them. So my advice is, stick to the big genuine sites - Yahoo being a shining example. You will never know a person is genuine until you get to know them anyway, so it's a risk whatever method you use. I would just like to add one observation though: I've seen women complaining about men posting photos of their 'personal parts' and what a turn-off it is. I'm sure it is but believe me, hundres of women do the same thing and as a man, I find that equally off-putting. The female form is the most beautiful of God's creations but a raw close-up of a you-know-what? I just wonder what sort of man these girls think they're going to pick up by posting such photos?

Posted on: 2012/02/11 08:31am

well pissed off with shagaholic, im 53 and sick to the back teeth of 'matches' that are 21 and 22 year olds and as for a shag every night, no point in matching me with a Canadian when im in UK, long way for a shag. Sign up if you will to the three day trial but beware the repeat billing that YOU have to cancel. I did and they still charged me and now they will not respond to my e-mails requesting refund. Have had 1 or two responses but nothing like the site suggests and as for women who do respond with 'im looking for romance' just what do they think this site is, the clue is in the name SHAGaholic.

Posted on: 2012/03/08 04:41am

Has anyone ever had shagaholic make up an account of them and get a picture from somewhere of them? It seems like I never signed up and then it out of the blue has my picture too and is sending me emails.

Posted on: 2012/06/05 09:16pm

I am pissed off with them too! Has anyone gotten off their site successfully?

Posted on: 2012/07/19 03:35am

surprising how many women there from my small town on shagaholic. They're all fake and you couldnt pick out if there was a true one anyway. Ashley Madison's is the same.. fake fake fake

Posted on: 2012/07/21 09:40pm

There's a good reason why you will find profiles of women looking for romance on a site like shagaholic. What happens is when you create a profile on these type of sites, the profile also gets used on other similar sites without your knowledge. So they have probably join a completely different site, looking for a relationship. All these sites are corrupt. Never give them your money.

Posted on: 2012/09/10 09:36pm

Hi I've been with Shagaholic now for 1 month have been reped off 2 times now one girl ask me for 300 for a safety check so she knows that I was safe and the told me she had lied to me and ask me for more money the other got me on to trusted member site for an Id witch cost me 450 and then the site sed to her that my id would be cancelled if she didn't pay her det of 489 to them and that she could not see me tell it was paid to them what bull *censored*. Shagaholic is a scam so be careful thank you.

Posted on: 2012/10/03 03:05pm

I recently thought about setting up a dating site as a money making venture.

I contacted the company which works with a local radio station. It soon became apparent that they are not only interested in making money out of lonely hearts. My website designs were consistently and, in my opinion, unreasonably rejected. I've designed websites for well known brands.

The penny dropped when I started getting emails inviting me to seminars on how to design your website. Only £300 or so!

The other thing worth mentioning is that in conversation, they boasted that they procide a database for 6000 dating sites already!

I'm not sure why that was meant to encourage me. That was the point when I backed out. I don't mind making an honest buck, but I won't con people!

Posted on: 2012/10/10 03:56pm

Never heard about the saying "If it looks too good to be true it is"?
Save your money for a nice date with a woman in your social circle and drop this type off sites

Posted on: 2012/12/02 05:38pm

Ye me too. Did the research before committing - tho it was too good to be true and as they say . . . . .

Posted on: 2012/12/05 10:06am

Shouldn't the subject be "dating sites a total fraud" Cool

While technically a free site, POF charges for 'upgrade' and if you want to accomplish anything, you must upgrade.
I have not decided whether they are just a little bit crooked or totally incompetent. I paid for a 3 month trial membership and was deleted ~2 weeks before my subscription was expired. I tried to log on and was told that I had messed up. I was using the password that I have used for the last year or two. Using their 'forgot password' option, I was told that my email address was not found in their files.
I e-mailed them 3-4 times and have yet to receive a response.
Crooked or incompetent? Maybe both.

This pretty much happened to me as well. I upgraded my membership on POF for 3 months and then less than a month in I cannot log in any more. It is like my account just disappeared since the password recovery form cannot find my email.

I created a new account to check to see if I could find my paid for profile and it is no where to be found. How do I get a hold of someone at POF.com to fix this. grrrrrr!!!!!!

They sucker you into signing up, steal your money, then block you.

Posted on: 2013/05/09 05:01am

"The worlds number 1 dating site"
I payed for a 12 month subscription (which cost me over $100) on www.Shagaholic.com I have only been a member for a week. I found a really nice girl in my city and we were making plans to meet up next week for a date, and then Shagaholic removed my Subscription and then they blocked my account and my credit card so I can't make another account.
I contacted them and told them to undo it, and they said, they won't unblock it, or refund my money, because I was misusing the site. (I was using a dating site to organize a date)

I then asked if they could at least give the girl my email address then can keep the money. They said "we cannot contact members of this site on your behalf."
I wouldn't have minded about them removing my subscription, if they had given the girl my email.
They are now completely ignoring me.
They stole my money and now I will never get to meet her.

Posted on: 2014/05/06 04:18pm

I'm trying to figure out if this website (shagaholic) uses fake profiles for the users or just the girls. As in, would you randomly get emails from them or do you have to great a profile?

Posted on: 2014/05/06 04:19pm

I'm trying to figure out if this website (shagaholic) uses fake profiles for the users or just the girls. As in, would you randomly get emails from them or do you have to create a profile?

Re: Shagaholic dating site a total fraud

Posted on: 2017/04/14 12:57pm

Shagaholic so called dating website for the desperate men out there is such an obvious con they should find the owners and do them for fraud. What a load of wicked bastards they are, praying on gullible people they obviously work on the assumption that a number of weak mined people will fall for the scam!!!
Most of these dating sites are rubbish and are using fake information in order make money out of lonely men but at least they have the decency to use a few real people in with the fake ones But this Shagaholic just take the piss and they just don't care..I always think that if you do not run a business honestly and fairly you will never find success And i sure these guys wont Tired

Dating Sites Reviews - Forum
https://www.datingsitesreviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=4235