Forum Subject: Met a woman on Lauradate, then found out she voted the complete opposite of me. My sister thinks...

Posted on: 2026/07/09 07:40am
By: Anonymous (Verified User)

A few weeks ago while chatting with a woman I met on Lauradate I found out she voted the complete opposite of me in the last election. It wasn't even a political conversation it just came up naturally.
I'll admit it caught me off guard. I spent a couple of days thinking about it because twenty years ago I probably would've just stopped replying and moved on.
Instead I just kept talking to her. We still text most evenings. Politics rarely comes up and when it does, we just agree to disagree and move on. No arguments no trying to change each other's minds.

My sister thinks I'm out of my mind for continuing the conversation. Maybe I am. Ask me again in a month.
Is this going to work long-term or am I just looking for trouble?

Re: Met a woman on Lauradate, then found out she voted the complete opposite of me. My sister thinks

Posted on: 2026/07/15 03:48am
By: Anonymous (CarrieAnne_CA)

I couldn't do this personally but respect that it's working for you not everyone weighs this the same

Re: Met a woman on Lauradate, then found out she voted the complete opposite of me. My sister thinks

Posted on: 2026/07/22 10:13am
By: Anonymous (tara_beans)

your sister sounds exactly like mine tbh. mine has strong opinions on literally every guy ive mentioned and none of them are ever asked for.
as for the actual question, my parents have voted opposite for like 38 years and they still fight about it every election night and then somehow go make breakfast the next morning like nothing happened.
so either its workable or theyre just weirdly wired for it, jury still out Cool

side question since you brought lauradate up, is it worth signing up?been looking at reviews of a few dating sites lately trying to figure out which ones are actually legit.
would take an honest opinion from an actual user over the marketing pages any day

Dating Sites Reviews - Forum Subject: Met a woman on Lauradate, then found out she voted the complete opposite of me. My sister thinks...
https://www.datingsitesreviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=22522