Subject: Elite Singles any Good?

Posted on: 2015/07/15 03:58pm
By: Anonymous

Is the dating site EliteSingles any good? I came across them and heard it was a decent service in the news as they recently have come to the United States. They support a number of countries as well.

The statistics on the site seem to be a good indication that it is a site worth joining. Over two thirds of members have a university degree and 18,000 people join every week. Also 57 percent are women, which is good for us men. I wonder what the age range is on the site...

I will report back after I join as a free member to let you all know if it worth it.

Re: Elite Singles any Good?

Posted on: 2015/07/19 05:14am
By: GingerCub

And how is it? I really wonder, cause haven't found anything better, to be honest. The thing is that I don't look for relationships, more for friends, so I need something that works for me perfectly. I know, sounds awful for some online dating websites users. Sorry Smile

Posted on: 2015/09/28 12:51pm

I believe this site is a SCAM! I joined for a month just to check it out, at the cost of $59.00. Unlike other sites like match.com, I was sent 8 "matches". With the zip codes incomplete, impossible to know where these people lived, but for sure, not within my "50 mile" distance preference. The "matches" never changed, there were never any new ones added, my "profile" was never viewed, and the few messages I tried to send were not noted on my "homepage"., nor were they replied to. It's as if I paid my money into some basement business with a website. On trying to get a response to my inquires on all this, there was a boilerplate email which did not answer any of my questions. On trying to remove myself from "auto renewal" (we all know about this one, and how they can hide this), there is nowhere to do this. You have to delete your membership, which I did...hopefully.

I am going to change my credit card info. attached to the account they accessed. BIG lesson for me!!

Posted on: 2015/10/19 09:45pm

Interesting. I've been on the site a week and could pretty much write the exact same review already. 8 matches, only 1 new match and hardly any within my 50 mile radius. Immediately had one photo request before I paid money and now that I've uploaded the photo and paid money there's been no response on the email I sent to the one match asking for my photo, as if it's a made up profile. Wish I had read your review before I paid money!

Posted on: 2015/10/20 08:41pm

COMPLETE WAST OF TIME, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, HARD EARNED MONEY!!!

I live in the Capital Region of New York 1 hour north of Albany.
My profile was set up for 50 miles or less.
80% of the matches were from CANADA....with the rest coming in from New York City/Jew Jersey. Really???

I asked him if you don't have a customer base in my area, then you shouldn't have taken my money. His only answer was that I should "relax some of the criteria which you are willing to compromise on."

They refuse to refund any part of the $75 is lost. "According to our Terms and Conditions, you only have 3 days to benefit from your right of withdrawal."

There is NO PHONE NUMBER....only 1 email address with a robot programmed to say NO...I'M SORRY...and blahblahblah.

DON'T LET THE NAME FOOL YOU. JUST SAY NO & KEEP YOUR MONEY.

LISA N

Posted on: 2015/10/29 11:48pm

I think it is a scam, no replies, can't find out who these people are, none near me, I am changing my credit card information as well since I don't trust them.

Posted on: 2015/11/02 06:59pm

I joined and actually was kicked off when I questioned their honesty. The pictures never matched the profiles even which was what I asked about. Then they gave me some story about my profile stating I wasn't looking for a full time girlfriend or something like that.

Posted on: 2015/11/05 03:56am

It is a good website. I think it is an Australian website as I have heard a lot about this website in the dating industry.

Posted on: 2015/11/16 05:41am

It says it's German but yeah I just checked it out and my profile's buzzing with activity which makes it seem to good to be true, they let u ask questions and when u get the answers back u can't read them till u pay of course along with everything else remotely relevant. Still haven't paid and that's a crazy amount of $! Plus I got questions back from diff girls but they're the same questions. What would be the chances of diff people picking the same questions??? After seeing the questions myself I can't imagine how and u can't see if the other person is a member or not either so it could be pointless anyways. Lastly not one single positive review on here .... I do like the algorithm workup though and thought it to be fairly accurate.

Posted on: 2015/11/16 09:46am

Hi all I'm from south Africa. I had the same only eight matches in total and had one reply from a
lady, that's all. Cry

I did not pay the membership fee, not a good site to join.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 05:04am

Thank you all for the feedback on regards this
dating site! I have spent HOURS filling up my profile and was about to pay for the membership but after reading your comments I have changed my mind! By the name "Elite" I felt this could be a good dating site since I am tired of match,Ok Cupid,Christian Mingles,POF.... Tinder LOL where people seem not to be really serious. :-/ ... Does anyone know about a good dating site here in the USA? Thank you all!! Smile

Posted on: 2015/11/19 03:43pm

Charging a premium to see profile pictures is not a reasonable feature at all. I wish I knew this before going through the whole process of registering. The other troubling point is receiving a multitude of smiles and winks from women whom on the first glance looked completely fake. I have used online dating for enough years to know that there is no way such a huge volume of women are prepared to make first contact! And to have women showing interest from another continent?! .... screams FAKE

Posted on: 2015/11/24 12:54pm

Elite Singles tempts prospective marks with a "free" Basic membership level.

Normally, a so-called “Basic” level of membership would at the very least offer a limited number of features, or limited number of profile views and/or message exchanges, that would allow a member to see if the service was worth an upgrade -- LinkedIn is a typical example.

Elite's “Basic” level of membership offers absolutely nothing in the way of communication among members, other than a series of pop-ups demanding purchase of “Premium.”

One can’t view a profile picture or even read a message – only a pop-up saying “no-pay-no-see.”

The only thing “Elite” about this site is the level of sleazy coercive marketing.

Posted on: 2015/11/25 04:19pm

I've been on more than a dating site and by far this is the WORST among them all! I was very unpleasantly surprised by how bad it is! I mean, I assumed that paying the amount that I paid, this would be a good decent site! Seriously: save your money, it is a big waste of your money and your time.

Here is my experience: I'm an older woman who is 42, but still, I know myself that I am not attracted to much older men who are in their 50s, I did fill all my specifications on this site and I specifically put with high importance that the criteria of the age of my matches should be be between 37 and 47, still everyday, I am matched with men who are 54 +! I sent millions of emails telling them about my dissatisfaction, I always got the answer that according to their system, they are matching me with whom they find good for me! So, I got angry at them telling them that I know myself much better than their system and I won't be going out with someone in their 50s as I am never attracted to a man in this age category! Still they kept on matching me with older men that won't fit my criteria, after millions of emails, I gave up! They dared to tell me to relax and be more open! I mean seriously! I know myself, I know what I want! But... they don't want to give me what I want! I paid big money for nothing.

The second annoying thing is that you don't have the ability to search and browse into the profiles! Yes! You can't! Because apparently, they think that they are so special knowing more than you about yourself! Yup, it is totally up to them to decide if you can see a profile or not! Because after all what do you know?! Right! They know better! NOT

The third and most annoying thing is when they match you with someone whom picture doesn't even appear! I mean... Seriously people... can you make your site a little bit more annoying! No way! So you have to read the profile, poke the person to see their picture and listen to this: even when someone send you permission to see their photos, most of the times, a picture does not even appear! So you give up! And accept the fact that you paid big money just for a bunch of the most annoying people in the universe to match you with what you don't want!

My advise: save your money and go on totally free dating sites, they are much better and chances are, whomever is on this silly site, would be also on the free one. Also, this way, you'll save yourself the annoyance to have to deal with the customer service people telling you none sense!

Posted on: 2015/11/29 08:31pm

Thanks for the info! Just saw the commercial on TV and was considering joining...

Posted on: 2015/11/29 09:20pm

This site is pure garbage! I believe, short of the few people who were duped into joining, most are fake profiles. I paid for the three months and lasted a whole three weeks. Majority of the so called matches were nowhere near what I'd call elite and I can find the same quality women in a trailer park around the house.

Posted on: 2015/12/13 06:20am

if seeing the questions myself I can't imagine how and u can't see if the other person is a member or not either so it could be pointless anyways. Lastly not one single positive review on here Cool

Posted on: 2015/12/29 09:13am

Deceptive. States site is free but you are unable to read email or see pics without paying. Just say no.

Posted on: 2015/12/29 06:14pm

Awful. Wasted time creating a profile and going through the lengthily questionnaire just to find out that I had to buy a membership in order to view profiles and pictures.

I have no issue paying membership fees to get full access to all features (sending messages etc), but to have to do that without being able to browse first? That's ridiculous. Don't waste your time.

Posted on: 2015/12/31 08:49pm

This site is an absolute scam. They will hook you in through the the free membership, post paying for 6 months, I've sent over 400 message, not 1 has been replied or opened. The response from the customers service was tough, and or please send your passport details.
Surely this needs to be closed down !

Posted on: 2016/01/02 02:50am

Hi there, I've been thinking of parting with my money for this site for some while now but having just read all the reviews on here, I will definitely not be joining, thank you all for the heads up

Posted on: 2016/01/02 05:11am

This is a useless site. Please do not waste your money joining it. I joined and wasted my money. No responses to any messages I sent to so called members and no responses to site management. This is clearly a scam.

Posted on: 2016/01/02 07:45am

Sounds exactly how ashleymadison.Com worked.

1. Lots of advertising
2. No real people on.
3. Lure people in with bot responses and fake profiles,

Keep your money, and read about how ashleymadison.com worked.
Then go on a "big" site. Match, eharmony, jdate, Christian mingles in midwest.

Posted on: 2016/01/04 01:43pm

I've found it very useless and then received nothing for months. They charged me for renewal and now sent to third party for collection of monies.

Anyone can help me to resolve this? :-(

Posted on: 2016/01/04 06:14pm

Saw the commercial and thought it would be good to try this one out. After reading the cancellation information stating "in writing" 24 hours before renewal and they are based out of Germany. I can see where they would make money. Then the free basic is totally misleading and hope that others read the fine print and stay away as I have had several hits in the first hour but cannot see or contact anybody. This site may be good for you but buyer beware!

Posted on: 2016/01/06 08:46pm

I'm so relieved that I read these reviews first - thank you, writers, for saving me from a scam. And this site sounds even scarier than just typical $$ scammers, too... I mean, they asked for somebody's passport information?? How sketchy is that?

Big Grin

Posted on: 2016/01/07 12:54pm

This is the worst scam site ever. Every terrible review is true and is what happened to me also. They are based in Germany, auto reply, billed after you "think" uve canceled, can't browse profiles, they "match" u with whom they see fit. The profiles I was matched with were from east coast and I live on the west coast. And the matches...ugh...the matches... Well all I can say is, if I don't have anything nice to say...

Save your money...it's a scam... an elite scam...

Posted on: 2016/01/08 09:22am

The site is garbage. There just aren't enough users to make it worth your money. If you want to waste an hour filling out a personality profile only to be matched with 1 person a month, that is hundreds of miles away from you, and has nothing in common, give these jokers your money.

Posted on: 2016/01/08 08:22pm

Exclamation Elite Singles is definitely a scam they have fleeced my account and the matches had no correlation with the information I've given them and now I'm faced with having to cancel accounts and get them reported to whoever will listen. :-(

Posted on: 2016/01/09 10:47am

I wish I had read these reviews before committing to and paying $179 for a 6-month "Premium" membership. They echo my experience as well. I'm very dissatisfied with EliteSingles for all of the same reasons that other reviewers are expressing here. After only one month, I have already canceled any renewal (I hope). Just writing it off as one of those live and learn experiences. The only consolation is to join the chorus of bad reviews in hopes that it steers others away from EliteSingles.

Posted on: 2016/01/12 07:38pm

They received horrible reviews from over seas. Glad I investigated before joining. Sorry to those that lost money Frown

Posted on: 2016/01/15 02:31pm

I agree on this! It's a scam and a money- site that collects money and has no active or visible dating users.

Posted on: 2016/01/20 10:04am

The one month rate has gone to $89.95...almost doubled since September, 2015. The matches seem ok and are actually within the 50 mile radius, but with all the bad reviews, I don't think I'm going to "invest" in this site.

Posted on: 2016/01/20 01:49pm

NOT AT ALL. I don't recommend you Elite Singels. The statistics are not real at all. I paid to be a member and charged me the whole 6 months in advanced. They only suggest me 3 people as much per day and they have nothing to do with my profile.
I have been in other dating pages like The Guardian Soulmate and it is much and much better.
Elite Singles is a disaster. Don't trust either the fake pics of people in the home page. These pics are not real, I promise.

Posted on: 2016/01/22 07:04pm

SCAM ALERT! That's all you need to know. Burned for a 6 month membership, and I knew immediately after I paid that I made a terrible decision. I have asked several of the supposed profiles that were sent to me if they are real or ever dated anyone referred to them--zero response.

Re: SCAMSCAMSCAM!

Posted on: 2016/01/23 05:04am

The system matching algorithms did not consider my precise preferences when suggesting matches but rather chooses matches that are too far removed. I feel I was sold a shoddy product and requested a refund only one day past the three day refund period which was denied. Considering my complete dissatisfaction with this service, the companies hard line refund policy in this case is unwarranted.

I should have known better than to purchase a product from a company that doesn't list a phone number. Apparently, they're fully aware that their phone system would blow up from complaints otherwise.

I wish I would have browsed reviews first, they seem to be 90% bad ones.

Posted on: 2016/01/23 08:31am

haha asking for a refund is being optimistic from these xxxxx jokers ,you may as well ask a crack dealer for your money back because his product was not good enough Confused

Posted on: 2016/01/26 10:27am

This site stinks. Every man who contacted me was a scam. What a waste of time and money.

Posted on: 2016/01/29 04:16am

Scam!!!!...avoid Elitesingles like the plague!!..the matches are fake, and their Customer "Care" is non existent. They fleece you of your hard earned money, if you unfortunately have already joined cancel NOW, as they are very quick to automatically fleece you of another 6 months membership. Trying to speak to someone at customer care is impossible, I received the response that they had no phone lines in their offices!!!...really??!!!..tells you everything, they do not actually exist. There must surely be a regulator of these sites to report them too?..

Posted on: 2016/01/29 05:34am

I agree all full of fake profiles produced by bots and staff members

Posted on: 2016/01/29 12:38pm

Rolling Eyes There were plenty of matches but rarely anyone who lived near me. Also I have a graduate degree and was looking for professional men or at least someone educated. No such luck! Most ( 90%) of the men were in construction, the military and/or religious. I am not religious, said I was an agnostic but I don't think anyone understood the term, since I got quite a few "God fearing" men.

Wherever they are, and whatever they say about their members, DON'T BELIEVE IT. Even for those over 50, Match.com is much better. I rejoined Match and am doing much better!

Posted on: 2016/01/31 05:01pm

Absolutely awful.

I paid upfront for 6 months. I've had no dates through the site. Most profiles don't have pictures and I have no words for the people who have contacted me. Hardly elite.

Guardian Soulmates has been marginally better.

Tried Bumble, but trying to come up with an interesting opening line when there is little/nothing on a person's profile is challenging.

Posted on: 2016/01/31 07:54pm

What a waste.' I tried a free membership- which means my profile can be posted.

However, only those who have paid memberships can see my photo and vice-versa,
I can't see the photos of anyone
And the profiles which accompany my "matches" are incomplete

Also, I can't read any of the messages I receive unless I pay.
So, if some dork who lives far away, sends me a page of drivel, I have to open my wallet to receive it
Try OKCupid.com . or POF.com. They're both free.

Posted on: 2016/02/01 09:57am

This site is terrible and trying to get a refund. AVOID

Elite Singles is a lousy website and will steal your money

Posted on: 2016/02/03 05:17am

No. I agree with other comments listed here. I got matches from far away who were not appropriate for what I'm looking for, and there was never enough information to get a sense of them. When I first joined for 3 months, I went into my settings right away and disabled the auto renew feature. I ALWAYS do that so I'm confident that I did not overlook this. Well, they apparently turned that back on for me and charged me for another 3 months. I saw the charge on my credit card and tried to cancel, but because I was a few hours (less than a day) past the cancellation deadline they stated, they will not refund the money. The site was useless as well.

Posted on: 2016/02/12 12:25am

This website is such as scam. Don't waste your money on it. They charge a lot of money for a six month membership and when you cancel it well in advance, so they won't auto renew, they still renew it against your wishes. They give a lame excuse for renewing it when you've requested hat it be cancelled and persist in charging more money. Some of the matches during the six months were fake profiles. I regret wasting my money on this.

Posted on: 2016/02/14 11:23am

I was curious as well so I signed up only to be asked to pay a fee. The ad said FREE.
Once I completed everything except for payment, I couldn't access anything. I figured I would at least gain a trial period to see how great the site was. Nope.
Then my inbox was flooded with emails but when I clicked to open them, I received an error message. Wow! What a disappointment.

Posted on: 2016/02/17 05:18pm

I joined and paid the money. I received an email from them stating that one of the profiles that reached out to me was "suspect". I wasn't getting any good matches, none matched my parameters, so I went to delete my profile and cancel recurring payment. I have looked and clicked and emailed and canNOT find either a place to cancel my recurring membership (which is automatic, btw) and it won't let you delete your profile UNTIL you cancel. I wrote "customer service" and received an automated email that said they had a high volume of emails and they would have to get back to me.

Posted on: 2016/02/23 12:19am

so i would say anyone who got scammed should contact the better business bureau, they can usually help you get your money back!

Posted on: 2016/02/23 09:27pm

Rubbish! Cant even delete free account!

Posted on: 2016/02/27 04:34am

I was disappointed in this site. I paid £89.95 for my membership. Can't remember how many months this was for now.
The matches never show any photograph like other people here have mentioned.
So I have found the site a total waste of time.
When you click on the photo it just asks you to update your membership to Premium!!
I joined eharmony about the same time and that is an honest site with plenty of members - for anyone who is interested.
I live in the UK.

Posted on: 2016/02/28 09:14am

A complete waste of time and money. Most of the matches they send me do not even have a photo up. When I send a request for one I often don't get a reply. Hardly anyone has even viewed my profile. Not sure these men really exist. Oops!

Posted on: 2016/02/29 09:26am

This is and awful site there are few photos and the one that are on are not in my area. I complained to someone named martin but he told me they will cancel my profile next year... keep your money people pof is a better site and its free!!!!

Posted on: 2016/03/04 02:55pm

Hi everyone.
I've recently joined Elite singles for all the right reasons.
I am a female, 44, single, professional, pretty darn hot and, of course, very modestSmile
The same 8 matches and one replySmile
So I guess it's for both sexes.
I get about 6 matches a day but again even after changes the distance the closest single is in Albany, NYFrown
What had happened to NY, NY elitesSmile
And if I chose to pay for an "elite" single and half of them have no education listed and no pictures why is it any different then other sites.
Not happy.
Don't know how they can have good reviews and 4 star on App. StoreFrown
Good luck to all!!!

Posted on: 2016/03/07 09:27am

Thank you everyome for writing your review.. i wish i had read them before i signed up. It would have saved me $77.
II joined this site about 3 weeks ago. The majority of the profiles have either one or no pictures and the write ups are vague or one sentence which are not helpful in identifying the person. I have not found anywhere on the site where you can chat with others. Other than a smile sent or a notification of a picture being uploaded no one has responded nor sent an email. I am an attractive person and do not look like someone you would run from. So i donot think ot is my profile. Shoud you want to cancel i only found an email notification and that is a two step process. I have asked them to cancel membership. The concept of linking professionals together was great. Based on my experience this is a scam. MY ADVISE: DO NOT USE THIS SITE IT IS A SCAM!!!!!

Posted on: 2016/03/07 09:37am

The site is out of Berlin, Germany. I joined and am having good success, though it was slow at first. More people have joined here in Las Vegas, and more are responding to my profile than I had on Match. I'm juggling a few responses. The messages you receive are a list of people in your area that have updated a photo. That was strange to sort out. There are some 'real' messages among them. I did not verify my identity as this involved sending a copy of my I.D. to Berlin. Who would do that? I don't send it out here in the states.

Posted on: 2016/03/08 12:12am

Haha! Nada!

This has got to be one of the worst sites I've come across. And that's saying something. I checked it out because it was rated within the top five and I was tired of coming across guys who were wanting a more casual interaction and thought it would be nice to meet a few who were actually looking for something real. You know, some classy gentlemen! As you've all indicated they make you pay before you can do anything worthwhile. The expectation is that you'll get to see photos of the people whose profiles you're searching. The reality is 90% of them don't have a single picture posted. It's likely they started their profiles and then ditched the site before paying so none of these so called matches are even on the site. Lol! You get very few profile views, which begs the question if you're being sent to your matches as well...which should be the case... why are none of them clicking to even see if they think they might like to know more? They either aren't there or aren't being sent the matches.

By the same token I've been on POF for a few months and had over 100 guys want to meet me within the first 24 hours of setting up a profile ( opposite problem). So, it's not an ugly picture issue.

I haven't tried to get my money back from ES. I'm tired of the game, but no I do not under any circumstances recommend sinking $60 into this site. It is a scam. Seeing as no one's contesting these entries, I'd say they don't care much about their reputation. I'm slightly ticked with whoever rated them top five...I may try to hunt them down

Re: Elite Singles any no Good?

Posted on: 2016/03/08 07:35am

I joined Elitesingles for a discounted 6 months membership. I only got to meet up with only three ladies. very few reponses to my smiles & messages.. the first lady was not attracted to me so I only met her once & that was to go for a walk, the third lady was just a quick coffee & that was it, never heard of either again... 3 months later I eventually got in conversation with a lady who was a complete fraud.. She insisted in only being friends. Because she had stunning pictures & profile I excepted friends..I met up with her three times took her to three concerts..she invited me to be friends on facebook..... I pushed the boat out for this day with flowers so might lead to something more. I was paying for everything even a 3 hour round trip to drop her home after each concert...

I got verbal abuse if I stepped out of line.. she demanded chivalry.. she complained of having very little money despite owning three properties..

She had only basic membership on Elitesingles.. costing her no money. I believe she was using the website to find men to take her out to concerts & shows & pay for everything. There is never an offer to 'go dutch'

She used me as a taxi driver & her minder...then she did not want to know me anymore...unfriending me on facebook.. and accusing me of being a lunatic & manipulative when I wrote her an email to complain..

Watch out for this lady she uses men for her own interests & with no respect... After this bad experience, I have unsubscribed from this dating site ..I spent over 700 euro on this woman & she would never put her hand in her purse once to pay for anything never mind a hug & a kiss. I was never invited into her appartment for a cup of tea after a 90 minute drive to take her home... & then I had a 90 minute drive back to Dublin in the middle of the night..

Her name is Cathy.

The fact the Elitesingles website automatically debits money from the debit or credit card without notice is proof that is a waste of time & a fraud.. Why would we want to renew our membership if we had met a perfect partner ?

We should be notified in advance within seven days that our membership is due for renewal & not the subscriber having to gave seven days notice.. Only that my card had been canceled due to a previuos fraudelent debit on my paypal account I would have had another six month debit taken out. When the debit was refused they demanded payment by email....I had the last laugh !

Posted on: 2016/03/09 11:21pm

It's a bad site. Honestly no one will respond more than 75% of the files have no pictures and no one will even respond to you. The only thing that's good about the site is the fact that they tell you how they check the site for catfishers/fake profiles and let you know about it. that's the only thing. I'm currently asking my bank to stop the payment it's crap

Posted on: 2016/03/10 05:24pm

Glad I read these reviews!

With all the people interested here though, surely we could start our own dating forum? :-D

Posted on: 2016/03/17 09:58am

I would not recommend this dating site. Unless you read their 25 page Terms and Conditions carefully, you will be automatically billed for renewals. They promise much but provide very little for their fee. The few dates they offer are never within driving distance which discourages most people. They obviously have few people registered. I recommend going to a free service such as plenty of fish.

Posted on: 2016/03/18 12:04pm

I would not recommend. I tried to cancel my renewal, and they charged me, even before the cancellation date, and supposedly gave me an extra month, when I complained about my cancellation being ignored. I am going to my bank to get a refund, by filing a complaint. Bad news! I sent numerous messages which went ignored. Don't join they are a scam!

Posted on: 2016/03/20 10:34am

I checked it out for free, right? But they make you answer questions and basically start a profile. They do not let you many pictures of prospects. So you log off. To immediately get a swarm of replies of people asking for your picture. So you "think" it's a good site. For people like yourself who are frustrated with the "truly free" sites.
Beware after you join- there are no more mail from anyone and if your in a rather small town - forget it there aren't any possibilities close to you. If you live in a big town there might be a few people that are on this site!

DONT WASTE YOUT MONEY!

Be happy single, this online dating thing is a waste of time and money.

Posted on: 2016/03/21 07:11am

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS SITE.

They don't send you matches bases on your "important criteria"

This site is deliberately deceptive in its way of automatically debitting your card despite pretending you have signed for a fixed duration.
Elite Rip off
Can't write how bad it is.
Not enough derogatory terms

Posted on: 2016/03/22 08:10pm

You need to avoid this site... completely a scam! No phone number to contact, and they are totally unreliable. All fluff. I feel POF is much better...and free! These guys are from Europe and are not legit!

Posted on: 2016/03/27 07:55am

Not really. Way too expensive at GBP75 and received less then 20 matches a month despite having all options checked for availability. Charges extra coins for sending messages so don't know what to do really! Shows matches in other countries!!! when the only specification I have said is proximity. Waste of time and money.

Posted on: 2016/03/27 04:39pm

HUGE SCAM

I paid for a year. They took the money and I could not access to my account one month later. They do not answer at all my email. I cannot access my account to delete my profile and the automatic renewal.

On the other hand, the website is not friendly-user and I do not think the profiles are real.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. SUCH A NIGHTMARE.

Posted on: 2016/04/01 09:55pm

DO NOT SIGN UP - BEWARE! UNDERHANDED CONTRACT!

There is no way of turning of the auto renewal membership which you will not be aware exists until after signing up and paying, AND then read the whole terms and conditions. I only found out about the renewal when a direct debit was taken from my account for another six months, even though I wasn't using the site anymore. This is underhanded, why would anyone want to renew when they sign up for a service they haven't experienced?

Posted on: 2016/04/02 09:14am

you should be able to get the money back if you ask your bank as you have been defrauded ,as they will cancel any fraudulent payments and stop any more

Posted on: 2016/04/02 03:21pm

No, it's the worst site I've ever come across. Don't waste your money. You can't search on your own, the hopeful prospects or your "match" so far have only one pic and don't ever respond. Usually, I get a ton of hits and responses (I'm female by the way). The men who have messaged me are grossly inadequate and don't seem to get the hint that I'm not interested. You can't change your preferences, none for body type, health or height, only a match for height, I really want a man to be at least a few inches taller than me. You can't see income or any of the rest and I've gotten minimal "matches" and much fewer than 20 "have you mets". Their PR person must have paid a great deal to get the positive reports online as this site sucks majorly.

Posted on: 2016/04/02 11:20pm

Worse dating site EVER! Have been matched with 2 men in a month who were scammers! When I asked for a refund, they did not do so. Just kept asking me questions about their names, the date their service suggested these men as a match, etc...Ladies, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!

Posted on: 2016/04/04 11:43am

I signed up and paid the fee before reading these comments. Comments gave me enough concern that I emailed the site and asked for a refund. I received a response within 24 hours indicating that my fee is being refunded in full and they're extending a month of free membership. The email went on to state that they're new in the US and getting established. So, while I cannot yet speak to the quality of matches, based on the immediate action taken, they certainly appear to be legitimate. Smile

Posted on: 2016/04/04 04:50pm

I had a great time on Elite Singles. It took about 2 months but I ended up meeting a man late last year and we are still dating now.

He was the last among about 4 men with whom I dated from ES. Based on my results and that of my girl friend who also used the dating service, I would recommend it.

Posted on: 2016/04/05 10:49pm

I wish I had seen this site before I signed up. Most of the people they show you don't actually have a membership to respond. They sent matches from all over the country when I specified a 300 mile radius. Then of the handful of men actually active several were fake profiles from scammers.

I cancelled my membership within the allotted time frame but they billed my card early and auto renewed my membership. They are refusing to refund my money for a 3 month extension. My advice is stay away...far away.

Posted on: 2016/04/06 02:42pm

I canceled a new membership within one half hour of paying.. I never got 'free' viewing. The first 'match' was some old scruffy looking guy who started off writing:"I'm a tinkerer" That was it. Over, considering my income bracket and the income bracket I had chosen for a man.(The form to fill out was endless) I asked paypal for help, and they contacted Elite with a claim. The money was quickly refunded to my account. Stay away from this site. There is no phone number for help. Hopes dashed...

Posted on: 2016/04/09 10:58am

In my experience Elite Singles in Canada is not worth the money or time. I am in Toronto and there are mostly older guys on the site. Also I received few suitable messages. There are simply no choices. Plus it is based on matches being sent to you so can't even browse other profiles. E Harmony is better.

Ladies don't bother with this site. Frown

Posted on: 2016/04/11 03:28am

I have tried EliteSingles myself. It is pretty much the same as eharmony but it has more matches than the other. Good luck girls!

Posted on: 2016/04/11 11:01am

This is the worst dating site Do not waste your money. Customer service is non existent. I am sent few matches, the ones I get have no pic and are too far away. You cant do a search i think this site is a scam avoid it at all costs

Posted on: 2016/04/11 07:16pm

My email was loaded with spam after I signed up.

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Posted on: 2016/04/11 08:57pm

Unfortunately I didn't search online before paying 59 for a month. After signing up(very lengthy process) I got a page of women ALL over 50( my search criteria was under 45), and NOT ONE OF THESE MATCHES even lived in my state!!!!

Posted on: 2016/04/13 06:05pm

HUGE Scam. I believe the website is setup in such a way that it misrepresents the response rate by forcing members to visit an individual's profile in order to see a picture of them, both during the trial period and after the paid membership begins. This generates false expectations and inflated response rates that, in my opinion, fraudulently misrepresents Elite Singles ability to provide the advertised services. I also asked for a refund after 10 days when I realized how they were scamming members. Of course, my request was refused. Other sites such as Plenty of Fish and Match.com are, again in my opinion, much more ethical and as such better suited for me personally.

Posted on: 2016/04/16 03:31am

Very few matches from my area and I don't believe many people were active on this site. Beware of the auto renewal terms as I've just been stung for the another £75. You have to cancel at least 7 days before the end of the term.

Posted on: 2016/04/16 09:28pm

I can't stand it. You can't check out everyone on there, only those they match you up with. You get matched with people states away. You don't get to chose their height or body type, or even their zodiac sign. I was totally disappointed. You can't opt out once you sign up. I asked out instantly and I'm still stuck for the remainder of the comitment.

Posted on: 2016/04/17 09:46am

I had some good luck on Elite Singles. I met someone in under 2 weeks and we are still dating 3 months later. I tried numerous other dating sites without luck. Maybe it was a fluke but I have no complaints.

Posted on: 2016/04/18 05:20pm

As a dating site it is okay initially but I guess the pool of clients is finite and not all geographical areas are so well catered for.
My biggest dissatisfaction is how heavy-handed the operators became over a payment and the lack of customer care from their inappropriately described 'customer care' department.
My bank issued me with a new credit card and in doing so they cancelled my old card. This caused a termination of my payments to Elite Singles. I genuinely thought my subscription had come to an end. Apparently not!

When I realised the situation, I was told a charge had been transferred to collection agency. I eventually found an email relating to his and it was quite heavy handed threatening further legal action (we're talking about €41 for a service I never got)
I explained the situation and raised a few points in a very constructive and polite manner (never saying I wouldn't pay). I got the stock reply regarding contractual agreement, referring me to the collection agency.
I replied, and in fairness, a different member of their customer care team offered a compromise that I had suggested. However despite emailing the collection agency, I have yet to get a reply.

My opinion: this is a company that appears overly focused on revenue generation at the expense of customer care. Should you try out the site? Why not...but once you subscribe I would immediately cancel the membership. You will still be able to use the site up until your renewal date but at that stage you can decide if you wish to continue
Otherwise it is a 'rolling renewal' and the money will keep coming from your account without any additional authorisation being sought. Their terms and conditions are weighted in their favour.
I never post on sites but this company were very poor in their dealings with me!

Posted on: 2016/04/19 08:02am

I met a few people.
3 nice guys and 1 nasty guy.
No chemistry with any of them.
At first, a lot of older men, who were well educated, but no physical attraction contacted me. Then I think ijust I am encountering fake profiles. Chat and disappear. And tons of profiles from out of province or USA or over 300km away.

Posted on: 2016/04/20 10:06am

Their customer service is poor, they send you poor matches, they put you on automatic renewal so they keep taking your money even if you're not using their service. They had just renewed my subscription without my consent, I had moved countries and no longer required the service so I emailed them to ask for a Refund. Obviously my refund request fell on deaf ears. They are very expensive at 134.GBP for 3 months and do not reflect value for money. Don't be fooled by their advertising - stay away!

Posted on: 2016/04/24 12:43pm

Thank you all very much. I am a very busy professional. I live in a a very s mall area so the chances of meeting new people is very limited. joined a few other dating sites for a few weeks and after seeing the diversity I got discourage. I needed to meet someone more at my level. stable, professional, educated… anyhow thank you for all your reviews! you jus save me time, frustration, disappointed and money!
I appreciated. it

Posted on: 2016/04/26 10:00pm

Like other users, I was drawn into a 3 monthly subscription with no possibility to uncheck an áutomatic renewal' which happens after your 3 month membership term ends and with no notice whatsoever. Upon contacting the customer service team they told me that it was in the terms and conditions when I joined and that it was my responsibility to contact customer service to cancel the automatic renewal. They refused to refund the $90 taken from my account for another 3 months I will no use- not just because of their terrible and unethical business model but because it was a terrible site; no filtering on partner suggestions at all.
Do NOT use this service. SCAM dating site.

Posted on: 2016/04/27 04:09pm

Awful site I joined for 3 months and it cost £149.00 and I found it boring and nobody interacted .
I decided it wasn't for me so with 5 days to go before my membership ran out I cancelled my auto renew only to find that you need to cancel 7 days in advance.
I didn't agree with this so I stopped them taking money to auto renew from my bank only to be threatened with a visit from the bailiffs and court proceedings this is totally unexceptable KEEP AWAY

Posted on: 2016/04/28 02:38pm

Evil this site is the worst one I have used.....limited horrible matches that don't fit your criteria....either for personality...height...age and location....what a waste of money.....don't bother unless you want the bottom of the barrel picks!![

Posted on: 2016/05/02 08:56pm

Terrible.

I was on it for 10 months and then cancelled my account because of the inactivity.

I would get matches that were welders without high school, smokers, obese; generally people I wouldn't talk to in real life.

I tried to contact over 30 matches during the 10 months and met one in person because 27 of the matches didn't respond.

Thanks.

Cynthia Ganga

Posted on: 2016/05/06 01:44pm

I joined for 3 months and have had communication with ONLY one interesting man that was intelligent, good looking....(not 5 feet tall and not holding a fish!) and had a personality.....where are the all the good men hiding out?

Posted on: 2016/05/07 03:03pm

Elite singles is the worst of all dating websites that's available now. The cost is unbelievable. The service or the number of individuals signed up with them are very little. There is no customer service numbers that you call call everything is through e mail.

Posted on: 2016/05/07 09:26pm

horrible! No other way to describe it.

Posted on: 2016/05/11 05:38pm

I just signed up for a few days now and it works for me. I am chatting with a few and I do not have bad experiences at all. Emailed the organisation about the auto renewal and got an answer the other day!

Posted on: 2016/05/12 02:12pm

Terrible site! Matches are really scraping the barrel and I cringe at some of them. Either too short, miles away, smokers or the type of people I wouldn't chose if face to face despite specifying what I would like in my settings. Very expensive and a total rip off. Have chatted to a couple of genuine people but it is not worth the money and the majority of matches are far from Elite. I am far from a snob but being charged over £80 for a month I would expect something a bit more 'Elite' If you watch the tv ad and hope to find someone like that...dream on...!

Posted on: 2016/05/12 04:02pm

ELITE SINGLES IS A RIPOFF. BELOW IS THE LETTER I SENT AFTER RECEIVING MATCHES THAT WERE AT THE MINIMUM 100 MILES AWAY. NOBODY IS GOING TO DRIVE 100 MILES TO DATE SOMEBODY UNLESS THEY HAVE UNLIMITED RESOURCES, ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD OR IS DESPERATE! THEY THREW THE 3 DAY CANCELLATION POLICY AT ME WITH A SMILE. SO I REPLIED:

I knew all about the three day cancellation policy. I read the entire website prior to joining. Which brings me to the conclusion that no place on your website does it say that there is no availability or participation of eligible men in my local area. So that explains why I haven't received any matches within 100 miles of where I live. If there are no matches in my area then you should be honest with the subscribers and give them real statistics not fantasy land numbers that build their hopes up. You know, it is sad to me that your company preys on the emotional needs of people like myself. All about "professional" and "elite" singles who are serious about finding a relationship. You should give your marketing team a gold star because you sure fooled me and probably lots and lots of other folks who work hard everyday for their money. Then we join the "elite dating service" hoping to find "the one". Money doesn't grow on trees honey and I am all for getting what you pay for. I know what quality is and I know a good value when I see one. This subscription is a farce and a big waste of time. I am a veteran online dating subscriber. I enjoy being single and meeting new people. Online dating is a source of entertainment and I enjoy it. At least with the other "premium" services that I pay for with the other sites, I get to meet people and have a social life. With your service it has been nothing but frustration and disappointment. 98% of the matches you sent were at least 100 miles away. You can read my review on Yelp and a couple of other sites I plan to blog about your joke of a "premium" dating service and how you rip unsuspecting people off.

Posted on: 2016/05/13 07:29pm

No! Its a scam. The address is fake. There is no real company. Look into checkmate4u. Same company..

Posted on: 2016/05/16 05:05pm

This site is a waste of time and money. Good concept but poor results.

Posted on: 2016/05/17 03:48pm

Elite is the absolute worst site for 60+.they are formidably expensive and do not keep their end of the contract.

Posted on: 2016/05/17 04:15pm

I am 63 and found Elite Singles pretty good. I have met a few ladies on the site that live in my city (San Fransisco) and am currently dating one now exclusively. If you have matches near you and your willing to put in the work of writing messages that our unique to each match you will find that it works well.

Posted on: 2016/05/18 10:15pm

All I can say is limited choice very poor service
Matches are too far away
You can't open search up.

I Really feel conned by this site what a waste of money

Posted on: 2016/05/19 10:05am

I believe this site is 100% scam. No photos despite paying big bucks to be a premium member, they send about ten matches..many of them scammers and none of them appropriate matches. Please take my advice and save your money. To tell you the truth, my best luck has been with Plenty of Fish...lots of junk but lots of good people also.

Posted on: 2016/05/28 07:07pm

This is the biggest on-line dating scam ever! "Elite" my a--! I've seen better quality of men on sites that are completely free!

And to reiterate what others have said - far to many of my "matches" lived way outside of my area. When I complained, I was told to "lighten up" on my restrictions.

I tried to dispute the credit card charges after being told that they couldn't refund me after 3 days (which is the LAST term in their 24 pages of terms and conditions). Unfortunately, B of A said that they could not reverse the charges b/c "businesses have the right to set refund practices..."

DO NOT BUY INTO THIS SCAM...I am sorry I did.

Posted on: 2016/05/31 12:11am

Do not use EliteSingles.
You can not do a search and they "do" it for you.
Unfortunately, after the first week they do not have many more to send so they starting to send from all over the US!!!

Re: Elite Singles any Good? NO NO NO

Posted on: 2016/05/31 12:21am

No they are not.
Try match.com I had good experiance with them andyou can search and be on line with other people.
EliteSingles is horrible. I am with them for 2 weeks and they will not refund the money with some "stories" this is money lost I could have give to charity.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Posted on: 2016/06/02 02:37pm

I met my husband on Elite Singles last year. I am not sure what others are complaining about but I had good luck with this dating service.

Posted on: 2016/06/07 08:18am

You are totally right this site is a scam! I signed up for 6 months and there were no pictures until you upgrade again. I cancelled my membership within minutes of signing up and they charged $179.00 to my card! Because they are based out of Germany there is nobody to speak to in person. After 2 emails they stopped responding. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS WEBSITE!!!

Posted on: 2016/06/10 05:41pm

An ABSOLUTE waste of time and money. Matches (if you actually get any that fit your prerequisites) are often times from distant cities as well as OTHER STATES!!! Very disheartening considering the outrageous cost of this service. Try Zoosk or Match.

Re: Elite Singles is NOT a good date site.

Posted on: 2016/06/11 11:13pm

I paid a 3 months premium membership, each month is $70 dollars and I just got in two occasions matches available, there's no an option to search or look. it's just waiting until someone shows up with a like or viewed my profile. In addition, the money is not refundable.

Posted on: 2016/06/12 12:29am

TERRIBLE UX and matching system period.
The title "Elite" is so misleading. They do not seem to have any criteria to filter an "Elite" user base.
I want to change my name to my nickname, but according to FAQ this is not possible. My first name is unique and easy to Google... the setup instructions that stated that my first name would be private, but apparently it is in my Profile! (and I assumed we could choose a screen name later).
Also, there are no language filters. I was proposed matches that did not even have profiles in English.
Do not sign up.

Posted on: 2016/06/18 01:28am

I would say no. I got tired of having to weed through all the junk on Match so joined for 3 months. I was on Elite for two weeks and deleted my account...I would rather lose the rest of the money I spent on the membership, than continue. Online dating, whether is Match, E-harmony, etc all have the issues. My opinion, stay with the online dating sites that are more widely known.

Posted on: 2016/06/21 10:37am

Not worth your time!
Spend time creating a profile that doesn't seem to matter. No photos unless you pay, seriously?
Total waste.

Posted on: 2016/06/21 11:33am

Don't waste your money!! I wish I had read the reviews before I joined Elite Singles. Anything but Elite. I too would only receive one or two "matches" a day. Most of these profiles had no photos and were over a hundred miles away! My profile was rarely viewed, and many times it was viewed by someone clear across the country and not the type of person I was looking for. Remember, you have no control. You can't search or look up profiles. They also control who sees your profile. Customer Service is a joke. You cannot call anyone, emails are responded to days later from someone in another country. They are form answers that keep telling you how to use the website and "relax" your search criteria! This website is comparable to driving 200 miles away, putting a blindfold on and walking into a bar.

Posted on: 2016/07/09 11:00pm

I signed on and after 20 minutes saw the same selections as other sites and cancelled. They are still billing me for the full original term.

Posted on: 2016/07/10 03:02pm

ALERT!!! - DO NOT USE ELITE SINGLES PLEASE!

Same experience as most people except that mine was more awful! I joined for a month and was charged a whopping £99.95 - my fault. I believe all matches they sent were probably non-existent because no one ever responded to my smiles and messages. The only response I received was from a phoney individual who Elite later flagged up as fraudulent.

As if that wasn't enough, I meant to cancel my subscription on the last day. I frantically looked for how to cancel but could not find it on time. I eventually found it at about 2 mins past midnight but my credit card had been charged another £99.95.

I got my credit card company to retract the payment and I spoke to Elite about what had happened if they could waive he payment as a gesture of goodwill as I wasn't satisfied with their service anyway.
They refused and eventually took me o a credit collection agency.
I have grudgingly paid the money including £55 added on top of it.

Posted on: 2016/07/11 11:47pm

Site is awful - not what they make it out to be. Other posts are right: looks like a scam, matches well out of range, cancellation is difficult.

Posted on: 2016/07/14 01:40am

WOW!!!...Thanks to all of you for taking the time to warn me and potentially others.
Not sure what lead me to do a little research before pulling out my credit card, but I did and here I am. Leaving my card alone is the sensible thing. Thanks for knocking it into me Smile I wish you all the best on your search.

Posted on: 2016/07/16 08:34pm

It's absolutely awful!

I agree with the other reviewers here. I suspect many of the profiles are fakes.

The matches are mainly inappropriate and considering its marketed as 'elite' I'd say my matches were anything but!

Lots were too far away and bizarrely lot of men from rural Ireland...

I also got stung on the auto renewal. I have tried to challenge this, customer service are very rude and sarcastic. I tried to reclaim through PayPal however they said the vendor told them I had agreed to be billed indefinitely (!)

As if! Deleted my profile so I have been billed for 6 months for a service I am by using! They are only interested in your money...do not join!!!

I have reported to Trading Standards...I hope if enough people complain something will be done about this appalling company!

Posted on: 2016/07/17 03:07pm

DON'T BOTHER!!!!!

It really is the worst dating site i have every come across. Hardly no members and the few that are on there live miles away, have no pictures, don't match your criteria and you cant actually search members. The website send suggestion matches.

They take a full 3 months membership and no refunds so you're locked in before you realise its not worth a days membership let alone a month or more. Elite???????? Far from it!!!

Keep your money and find another website, anything would be better than this one!!!!!

Posted on: 2016/07/22 03:58pm

I can tell you from experience that Elite Singles is average to below average at best. While they tout that a large percentage of their clients have college degrees, interestingly they don't (and won't) post this information so there is no way to verify it or even screen people you're looking at. They also don't divulge drinking habits of the people, which to many is rather important to know. And, to see what anyone looks like, you have to click on each profile which is a huge waste of time.

I have contacted their customer service on all three of the above issues. On the education level and drinking habits, I got a "nothing is being done now but we'll pass it on as a suggestion". I told them I thought it was very strange that they advertise their site as being one with clients with a large percentage of college degrees, but yet they won't divulge that info. They gave me the same answer back.

On showing photos, they said that they think the profile info is much more important and they don't want their clients making decisions on photos alone. I told them that their point was somewhat valid, but just about everyone has a "type" whereby it was easy to either rule out candidates quickly. I got another "well we just aren't doing that now but we'll pass it on as a suggestion". I told them that the way they were doing things was making the search very inefficient but I don't think they really care.

Bottom line, until they make significant improvements to their site, I wouldn't bother with EliteSingles as it is a huge waste of time.

Posted on: 2016/07/23 11:31pm

Just wanted to add a review in case any Australian people come upon this forum. Elite Singles are a waste of money in the Australian market (I paid $270 for 3 months membership). The same single people are on eHarmony, RSVP and Tinder (there's only a tiny number I've not already seen elsewhere). So there's no need to pay ES's higher prices. All it does is prove that they're seriously looking and willing to put their money where their mouth is. The ES service and site is really, really annoying. They get you to complete a personality profile when you register, and then match according to your profile, but all that does is reduce your matches down to a very small number which doesn't seem value for money at all (eg. half a dozen matches a day). You can't see who else is on the site, only who they choose to match you with. You are much better off on RSVP, playing around with the filters (eg. smoking status, child status, age, etc), to see what expanding your search parameters yields. You can't do this on ES. I really regret not looking at all the reviews online before I paid my money.

Posted on: 2016/07/24 01:11pm

I am hugely disappointed as well, you send 5 questions and it takes forever for a reply if at all. Constant problems when viewing a picture, error 403,Have gotten one coffee date from this site and that was so disappointing it was laughable. The women SELDOM answer or reply, you get a smile sent to you then nothing, my preferences as far as nationality and body type were ignored, the photos were all from the neck up so you couldn't see the body type after they told you there were "athletic and toned". I am paying the bill, not them so my preferences should be observed not ignored, I have complained now they want to charge me half membership fees for full fee failure. Would I do this again? I hope not, but where do you meet women without sexual harassment thrown at you? It's not like we're back in highschool where you know or can find out if that person is seeing someone. If you meet a woman at a bar, just how messed up will she be? Daily anxiety and I have enough of that now

Posted on: 2016/07/25 08:23pm

I wish I had read these reviews before signing up. It's HORRIBLE! Don't waste your time or money. Half the matches don't even have photos. It's not user friendly and there is no "help" buttons to aide in navigation.

Posted on: 2016/07/26 01:19pm

No at all!! Is a scam. They really don't provide the service that they proclaim to do. It shows that you have a message when its only that somebody matched to you that updated their profile or uploaded a photo, when you are not even communicating with them. Very few matches. Almost all the profiles don't have pictures, almost all profiles are incomplete with very few information about the match, looks like most of the dates don't have premium service so they can't communicate with you, the matches are from others states very far from you, even if you choose the maximum distance that you want. Most of the matches are not educated professionals, not elite at all!! students, construction workers, in disability, painters, drivers... I felt fooled by the site to pay a membership that can't be refunded. I canceled my membership just after 1 day in the website.

Posted on: 2016/08/05 11:50am

I think it's a real site, but just not a very good one. I've had replies from people but the quality is extremely low. I think this come about in large part because of the company's policies:

1) they tout themselves as having 80% or higher of their candidates with college degrees. Yet they don't, and refuse to post the education level in the profiles (I asked them and they said they're "considering it",

2) You can't see any pictures of the candidates unless you click on their link. They say they do this to make sure you really read the profile and don't pick just on looks. Really? Are they that stupid to think that people don't have a "type" and don't pick who they are interested in somewhat on looks? Because they do this, it turns out to be a HUGE waste of time as you have to continuously click on links to ultimately see people in whom you have no interest at all. This all creates a false sense of "interest" as all those candidates get an email saying that you viewed their profile.

3) although they ask when you set up your profile, they don't show drinking habits of candidates. Not hugely important I guess, but I would like to know.

Ultimately, this site is very unsophisticated and a huge waste of time and money. Don't bother with it. Not to necessarily advertise it but I am also a member of eHarmony and their site is 10 times better than Elite Singles and worth the money. (I also belong to Match.com for a short period and wasn't that impressed, although it is still better than Elite Singles.) Oh, and I should mention that I've been in contact with customer service in Germany for Elite Singles (yes, they are based in Munich) and they responded timely but they just don't seem interested in making improvements to their site. I've paid in advance (luckily at a discounted price) but will definitely NOT be renewing with Elite Singles!

Posted on: 2016/08/07 11:36am

I joined this site on a deal and have hardly used it due to the same reasons posted by others. Unfortunately I made the mistake of not cancelling my membership and have now been charged the full amount for another 6 months. Customer services have refused to refund my money claiming it was clearly stated that I was signing up for auto renewal. I really wish I had read these reviews before signing up.

Posted on: 2016/08/07 02:01pm

I joined paid £65 within 20 minutes I tried to pull out got a email back but not allowing me to get my refund ! the site is not for me .
You can not search profiles ....they just send a few matches a day . Rip off and lacking in customer service ..lesson to be learnt !!!!
Don't pay

Posted on: 2016/08/11 08:39am

Poor site. Navigation difficult. Few matches within 50 miles (the default), though population over a million. Endless questionnaire just to sign up, after which one sees one's "matches" WITHOUT PHOTOS. One cannot even see those who contact one without paying membership fee (which pops up every time one navigates to ANYTHING: their priorities are CLEAR). I am not desperate enough to pay them to reply to a faceless lady.

Waste of time

Posted on: 2016/08/14 04:57pm

Haven't seen one good review...guess I'll save my $

Re: Elite Singles any Good? Horrible!

Posted on: 2016/08/23 04:17am

Elite Singles is a sham site. I joined and paid for several months up front, which is their game; because once in, a lot of people like me leave immediately in disgust. ES not only could not efficiently load photographs and legends, they falsely advertise that they proivde up to 20 matches per day. I got that many matches in two weeks or more. days went by without matches. And you need them, because the site does NOT allow you to freeely search profiles; you are completely at the whim of what little they send you. AND you cannot contatc them to complain; they operate out of Germany and instead send you to condescending web information sites.

They did not follow my age criteria. If you want to date someone younger or older, you need to lof yourself in as that age, or they will not send you profiles of that age.

I quite after a week of receiving retiree age women, which the site seems to be filled with. Match.com has plenty of subscriubers with degrees up to PhD. It is totally false that ES has more professionals. False advertising. I would not recommend this site to anyone. The site is Neolithic in features compared to Match.com.

Cal

Posted on: 2016/08/23 07:21am

I enjoyed the dating site. I have met a number of women on Elite Singles and am currently dating one exclusively. I didn't have any luck on Match so I had decided to try Elite Singles after my brother had met his current girlfriend on it.

With most dating services I think it depends on what city you live in and how many members the service has in that city. That is why it can be hit or miss for some.

Sam (from Austin, Texas).

Worthless Scam Artists

Posted on: 2016/08/28 04:07pm

x
EliteSingles is a scam. If you pay once for 3 months of so-called "Premium" membership--which brought me the same old trash as any other website, but I guess we all were the suckers who thought paying to look would improve the quality--the site automatically renews your membership, without asking you. It's in the fine print of the contract agreement, that renewal will be automatic, and that you have to notify them some 2 or 3 days in advance if you DON'T want to renew.

There is no phone number to call and register your complaint when they send you a bill, you reply by email that you never wanted to renew, and don't plan on renewing, and then they turn you over to a collection agency. There is nothing ELITE about this website or the people you'll find there. Just a bunch of suckers.

Posted on: 2016/08/29 07:52pm

DO NOT JOIN ELITE SINGLES! It sucks!!! so bad! I'm so disappointed! It is one of the most expensive memberships I joined with nothing good to offer. I sent so many feedbacks and comments to them and have received the most ridiculous replies! They are supposed to be qualified experts. I am sure not!

Posted on: 2016/09/01 10:30am

The answer is no...Elite Singles is just another rip off .
There is no way to try the site for less than 3 months.....The "free" membership is worth exactly what it costs....etc.
For any of you who have been ripped off by other sites....its the same scam with different window dressing. You pay your money....they send you a few "matches" and nothing happens...

Save your money.

Posted on: 2016/09/01 02:47pm

I found the site excellent. I have met several women on Elite Singles and dated them in the last 2 months. None are my exact match yet but I have another date lined up tonight so we will see how this one goes. I really liked her profile and we have talked on the phone several times, I have a good feeling about her! Big Grin

Other than finding the price a bit expensive I do recommend the service... especially over Tinder which I had absolutely no luck. I guess you get what you pay for.

Posted on: 2016/09/04 05:09pm
By: NicholasCatrow

And how is it? I really wonder, cause haven't found anything better, to be honest. The thing is that I don't look for relationships, more for friends, so I need something that works for me perfectly. I know, sounds awful for some online dating websites users.

Posted on: 2016/09/06 08:09am

on youtube review it says

''Do not sign up. It is a scam. They will do all they can to take your money and run. They will not honor cancellations and will solicit payment even after you have cancelled your account. Just don't do it. There are way better, much more reputable sites than this. This is trash. Their customer service is non-existent and bullying. I would have let this go if they did not continue to keep pestering me with emails about payment even after I canceled not only my membership but my profile. Corrupt. Do not waste your time.

'' end quote

Posted on: 2016/09/12 03:29pm

I found the same as every one else. I paid so could see people's pictures but maybe give percent of people have pictures posted. No responses to winks or messages, I started to think the profiles are made up or old. I think it is definitely a scam. I contacted them about the no response issue and their answer was the person probably already found their match and not to get discouraged. So after a few more failed attempts I challenged the charge on my credit card, we'll see if Elite Singles has a defence.

Posted on: 2016/09/15 08:45pm

WARNING! NO GOOD! They send you a bunch of matches the first three days. You CAN NOT receive a refund after that!! Then they will maybe send one or two a week! Usually no pic! I think they just make the profiles up!! They have many construction worker profiles!! DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID! EXPENSIVE! NOT WORTH IT AT ALLLL!!

Posted on: 2016/09/17 04:54pm

This is undoubtedly the WORST dating site ever. No pictures, no matches, nada, zip, zilch! Am going to contact Credi card company to have the charges taken off my credit card. Robo type response when I contacted them re refund. Lot of run around! NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!! Arg!

Posted on: 2016/09/22 01:18am

I wish I had read these reviews before I wasted my money. The good news is that I made sure to "cancel" my auto renewal and so shouldn't fall victim to them scamming more money from me.

It's a sham - there's no real interaction with potential dates whatsoever - they've duped thousands and thousands of people like myself.

Posted on: 2016/10/02 04:47pm

Horrible! I think they leave profiles forever who are not active members. So many with no photos which are probably from people who snooped around on a free preview and never joined. Not enough in my area. And it didn't matter to them that, after I paid $100+ for 3mo and canceled the same day, they should honor that because I had responded to a profile or two. Stay away. Stay away from all of them actually. Join groups at meetup.com that share your interests. Expand your circle of acquaintances. . .

Posted on: 2016/10/02 11:57pm

Waste of time and money..... I ran out of daily matches in less than 2 weeks. I've spoken to some nice people but some profiles seem really fishy. Get a smile from someone, send a message and nothing... No response and message is never read.
*****. I'm a professional, normal guy and have never had problems getting responses to my messages on Match or E Harmony.
I definitely DO NOT recommend Elite Singles.

Posted on: 2016/10/04 02:54pm

Awful. I just tried to cancel. They said they can't end it until December. But they have an old card on file so they haven't been able to charge me. Of course? I finally start receiving messages and questions from potential matches AFTER my cancellation request. Does anyone know if they send matters to collectors?

Posted on: 2016/10/10 11:09am

Don't bother with this site. They are expensive and rob you blind. I don't think they match people very well and the customer service is diabolical. It is just one big scam.

Posted on: 2016/10/13 08:55am

The psy test is interesting. However, there is no informtation about education, income or body type. This makes this site one of the weakest sites available. Match or Pof are better from this point of view.

Posted on: 2016/10/19 11:53am

No it is not. In addition to not granting a refund, it appears that this site is not in the US based on the English used when responses are written. I got stuck in a 6 month subscription at about $30 a month, paid in full. Most daily matches were without photos and lived in other states.
If you would like to give it a try, take no more than a month subscription.
Lynn

Posted on: 2016/10/24 10:55am

Quote by: Anonymous

It says it's German but yeah I just checked it out and my profile's buzzing with activity which makes it seem to good to be true, they let u ask questions and when u get the answers back u can't read them till u pay of course along with everything else remotely relevant. Still haven't paid and that's a crazy amount of $! Plus I got questions back from diff girls but they're the same questions. What would be the chances of diff people picking the same questions??? After seeing the questions myself I can't imagine how and u can't see if the other person is a member or not either so it could be pointless anyways. Lastly not one single positive review on here .... I do like the algorithm workup though and thought it to be fairly accurate.

Why not test em on a basic ck.. Scam advisor.com site's checker? Lots of info,contact info, & where there's none or sparse that's a sign they're fake.

Posted on: 2016/10/24 11:02am

I enjoyed the dating site. I have met a number of women on Elite Singles and am currently dating one exclusively. I didn't have any luck on Match so I had decided to try Elite Singles after my brother had met his current girlfriend on it.

With most dating services I think it depends on what city you live in and how many members the service has in that city. That is why it can be hit or miss for some.

Sam (from Austin, Texas).

...and Thank You for the endorsement of your own or employer's website!
No way so many ppl in different areas and over nearly 2-3,4 yrs could have basically the same detailed experience,response. Again, Thanks for your Endorsement of an obvious slanted work-related variety.

Posted on: 2016/10/26 08:04am

TERRIBLE Its a complete scam I would stay well clear - I was even sent a match of a this guy who is a friend of a friend (& the reason why I joined the site as he has met a woman and my friend urged me to try it) he cancelled his subscription and deleted his account and they are still sending him out as a match. I think they may have too many women and not enough men probably and so they recycle old pictures. DO NOT spend money on this site.

Posted on: 2016/10/27 03:24am

Most matches for me were 200 plus miles away. Also after the first 6 months subscription the instructions for cancelling my subscription were so small that I could not even read it with a big magnifying glass. Also they advertise 24.95 and charged me 29.95. Also no phone number but did have a fax number - for me this is a 45 mile drive each way.
Match.com is a better site.

Posted on: 2016/10/27 08:08am

My experience on this site has been that it is a total waste of money . It is very expensive per month, they billed me $124 which the site stated represented the minimum time that I could try this site out. I rarely see any matches or get emails from anyone in my geographical area within 100 miles. I live in Houston, so that's a major city, I'm not sure what it is about the men on this site, but I do get a ton of "smiles" but I don't even know what that means... and most of them are not local to me . Most people don't even have pictures, unlike match where the majority have pictures posted. The site is not terribly user-friendly ... overall on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 1. I would not recommend it to anyone. It would be very difficult to find a match on this site . Frown

Posted on: 2016/10/31 01:00am

Cry really poor site would not recommend it for anyone.

Posted on: 2016/11/03 10:11am

I am very disappointed. It referred to being a site for business like professionals....not so...very few people and choices in my area....very limited viewing and you can't delete messages etc....I spend money on six months and most of the profiles I get do not even have a photo.....I could have stayed on a free site and got that. I don't think that the people who came up with the name for the site looked up to see what Elite means.
I will not be renewing nor if anyone ask if they should try it? Unless I wanted to see someone throw their money down the drain, I would not advise them or recommend them to spend their money on this site.

Posted on: 2016/11/06 11:08am

I've not had much luck on there in the last couple of months

Posted on: 2016/11/14 10:26pm

NO!!!I signed up for the site for one month, but was charged for 3. Tried to contact them, no response. Just got a second charge for another 3 months. Have received at least 2 very obvious fake profiles and tried to contact the company to tell them, but no way to make contact. Several of these sites are extremely misleading, to say the least. They say "free" but you can't see who was interested in you, or correspond or anything else unless you pay. This site charges substantially more than the others and offers much less service. It infuriates me that they have no way to be contacted. I tried again today, but so far, nothing has worked. They say fill out a form, which I did, but no response. It makes me even madder that they are obviously not interested in knowing who has fake profiles. Save your money and all the stress of dealing with this site. (I have also found out that SEVERAL of these sites are owned by the same company. It's a racket!

Posted on: 2016/11/14 10:34pm

p.s. I, too, found that LESS than 1 out of 10 had a picture posted. Again, I, too, was charged more than was supposed to be. POF is still the best deal for the money, but I'm done with these sites. Although I left my region to be very wide, I received almost NO responses (and I'm not bad-looking nor uneducated). After over 3 months, two men responded and 1 of them sent me like 20 messages in one day! A weirdo! You couldn't pay me to do business with this company again!

Posted on: 2016/11/16 08:21am

Deceptive. It is NOT a "Totally Free" service. It doesn't even allow you to message or view pics without paying. I hate the marketing and string-along *censored* it pulls.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 09:46pm

I'm not sure why there are so many negative posts. I came onto elite singles to hopefully discover someone I had met 2 years ago on another site... However, the timing at that time wasn't right for either of us.... I found him... And I'm so excited we're having dinner Tuesday night. Hope this time will be right.... As for other members trying to touch base there has been numerous people trying to connect with me and many appear to be quite decent from the brief look that I took... Not sure of the negativity. I'm very happy.

Posted on: 2016/11/21 09:32pm

Nope. Elite Singles is not worth your time or money.
I'm in Canada and joined for a 3-month premium membership. The majority of matches do not have pictures.
I'm not exaggerating when I say that only 2/10 matches have pictures with their profiles. It's complete garbage, and a rip off. Don't waste your money on this dating site.

Posted on: 2016/11/22 12:16am

No, I paid for 3 months and had unbalanced matches. I do not like that anyone can contact you, even if they are not compatible. I set limits for what my expectations were and I kept being shown the same below average people with nothing in common. I think the pool of people is small and limited so it's mostly based on luck. I was contacted a lot by non-professionals and found that annoying as I had stated that a university degree was my minimum.

Posted on: 2016/11/27 10:53am

I had a decent response rate. Two guys were very persistent. One guy had a criminal record . The other that I met in person was successful. Except he was still married!!! Minor detail. This site allows people to hide better than others. Elite sociopaths!

Posted on: 2016/12/03 01:05pm

Terrible. Such a scam.
I get 1 match every 2-3 days or so and this match is not in line with anything I've requested. You're not allboento do much on the app. The whole site is garbage. Don't waste your money.

Posted on: 2016/12/04 03:54am

I've tried eharmony, tinder, match, and now elite singles. Trust me there are no "elite" singles
And then platform is terrible. Please don't pay for this --spend 2 nights at a bar talking to men instead--your odds are better. Tinder is actually still your best option esp because it's free

Posted on: 2016/12/08 11:03am

Does not seem so - kept getting people not in my age group and who smoked and drank. Lot of nuts and childish idiots like the Nicci girl (age 51). Not a good site

Posted on: 2016/12/09 08:35pm

This web site is terrible. Most of the matches were 100s of miles away in different states. There were not very many matches...1 a day. They assign matches. It sucks.

Posted on: 2016/12/13 03:02am

BEWARE!
Elite singles operate the automatic renewal scam.
I signed up for a year in 2015 and cancelled my automatic renewal with paypal seven Months later and requested them to suspend my membership
I assumed that everything had been cancelled and my subscription would not be renewed.
In Elite singles T&C's they state that if you do not delete your membership within 7 days of the end of your contract you have to pay for another year!
I then received a request for payment for the renewed subscription after the seven day period had expired which is clearly the business model that Elite have adopted to attempt to entrap their loyal customers.
I now receive Collection agency letters threatening legal action and an adverse credit rating if I do not pay!
There are no contact details for Elite Singles they hide behind their site so I will let them take me to court, if they dare, at least I will know who they are and I will post the details here.
So if you have an Elite account you must DELETE your account at least 7 DAYS before your anniversary date and get a confirmation from them.
If I were you I'd just delete it now and use a decent site with decent people behind it.

Posted on: 2016/12/17 08:09pm

Thank you all for the feedback on regards this
dating site! I have spent HOURS filling up my profile and was about to pay for the membership but after reading your comments I have changed my mind! By the name "Elite" I felt this could be a good dating site since I am tired of match,Ok Cupid,Christian Mingles,POF.... Tinder LOL where people seem not to be really serious. :-/ ... Does anyone know about a good dating site here in the USA? Thank you all!! Smile

Maytag weeding through some wackos but I was on POF for a few years and I found my husband on there and we have been together for 4 years happily just take some patience

Posted on: 2016/12/20 06:37am

I don't even know how this site is still allowed to be running. I paid my 6 months in advance and after being on it for 2 months, with photos and a fully filled out profile, I haven't received one message. I am a confident, pretty woman and on any other site I get multiple messages. This has got to be a scam. It's definitely a huge waste of money. They have stopped sending me matches as well and since there's no search option to find your own matches it's basically useless. I'm so angry at Elitesingles.ca.

Posted on: 2016/12/21 09:57pm

NOOOO! RUN!!!!!! And DO NOT PAY! I live in New York City. Over 10 Million people in a 50 mile area. And I got profiles from incredible distances away! I asked for educated - turns out, they don't post education anywhere. You just have to "trust" them. Well - didn't work for mileage (which I CAN check), why should it work for education(which you won't let me check).

And - every message I received (EVERY!!) was determined to be from a "fraudulent account". I would get a message, open it, go to reply, and nothing..... I'd get an email later saying that they had determined that the account had been fraudulent and the profile had been deleted. If I wanted that, I can be on Plenty of Fish. At least you expect fraud for free.

Oh yes - I was stupid. I actually PAID. Over $150 for six months. And verified my identity.To get messages from fraudulent accounts. Fortunately, with a now-expired passport, so if the whole operation is fake that hopefully won't do them much good. And they won't refund, even when this happens early. Their business address is in Europe, so have fun with it all.

Posted on: 2016/12/21 09:59pm

I Soooo wish I'd found this first, instead of the good, likely faked, reviews. :-(

Posted on: 2016/12/26 09:42pm

Thank you all of you for revealing your experiece. I am a beautiful and intelligent woman in my 50 and not going to pay for this expensive membership. I spent one hour answering all their questions and after opening a profile I checked the membership fee. $130 per month? I thought they must be kidding ... I will try match. com. Thanks again and Good luck.

Posted on: 2016/12/27 02:45pm

The website Elite Singles is not "elite" at ALL! I feel like it was a complete waste of my time, money, and energy. When setting up my profile, they made me fill out this ridiculously long personality assessment. And even though I paid for full membership, the majority of the profiles don't even have pictures available. So I canceled my membership after 2weeks. My advice- use another dating website service.

Posted on: 2016/12/28 05:42am

Hi,

I would not recommend Elite Singles to ANY PERSON.

It is very expensive and they do not honour a person's wish to terminate a contract!

Specifically, I joined for what I thought was a limited time. I went on their "how to cancel page" to see how I would ensure I was not charged more than the time I wanted to be a member.

Unfortunately, despite de-registering my credit card and emailing them I wanted to cancel my membership was not considered sufficient notice! Apparently, I should have known that I was supposed to receive a confirmation email that my membership had been terminated. Because I didn't receive that, Elite say I never sent the email in the first place!

So... I am now signed up- against my wishes- for another 6 months. Thats $500!!!

Miranda- from Elite Singles doesn't seem to understand that when you have found a partner AND have done everything you can to cancel a contract correctly- you DONT WANT to continue to be on a dating website.

I also agree with a comment previously made- lots of people suggested as matches come from different states... completely impracticable.

DONT WASTE YOUR $$$ on this company!!!

Posted on: 2016/12/31 11:55pm

No, it is NOT good. Don't waste your money and don't give them your personal information. The company is not in the U.S. It is somewhere in Berlin.
For instance, On my possible match it shows this individual looked at my profile on December 30, 2016. And, when I clicked on the color dot which showed the last time the individual that was on line dated December 22, 2016.

Also they sent list of possible match; according to the color dots, they seem to be on 24/7 nine out of ten match. Angry Angry

Posted on: 2017/01/03 07:00am

OMG thank you all for the alert. I wanted to register but now have changed my mind . I'm sure that here we all can find more decent and intelligent peopleFor free and no fakers.

Posted on: 2017/01/04 12:28pm

I believe this site is a SCAM! I joined for a month just to check it out, at the cost of $59.00. Unlike other sites like match.com, I was sent 8 "matches". With the zip codes incomplete, impossible to know where these people lived, but for sure, not within my "50 mile" distance preference. The "matches" never changed, there were never any new ones added, my "profile" was never viewed, and the few messages I tried to send were not noted on my "homepage"., nor were they replied to. It's as if I paid my money into some basement business with a website. On trying to get a response to my inquires on all this, there was a boilerplate email which did not answer any of my questions. On trying to remove myself from "auto renewal" (we all know about this one, and how they can hide this), there is nowhere to do this. You have to delete your membership, which I did...hopefully.

I am going to change my credit card info. attached to the account they accessed. BIG lesson for me!!

I also had a bad experience with this site! I made a point of ticking a box to say that I didn't want to automatically renew a YEAR's membership. Lo and behold they tried to renew me automatically and were adamant that I hadn't ticked the box but I knew I had. I exchanged various emails with customer service (who have gone quite now btw) saying that I had done as instructed and it was clear I no longer wanted the service and wanted a refund. They would not hear my plea an retained their stance that basically it my tough luck as they "alleged" that I hadn't ticked a box. What decent company won't refund a customer who clearly does not want the service ??? As it happens my bank card had been renewed so they couldn't access my account - were talking over £200 !!! I would never recommend them (I also seemed to have quite a high rate of scam profiles contact me from this site).

Posted on: 2017/01/05 12:34am

This site is a SCAM! If you value your money, don't even bother trying this site. I agree with Anonymous: Leanne in that this site should not be allowed to exist. They promise 3 to 7 highly suitable matches per day. Some days I get no matches at all, most days I get 1 or 2 and none of them are highly suitable. Most are a $200 half day trip in distance at best. Even if you aren't picky and are willing to travel, it is impossible to get a real person to answer you. I would bet money that most of their "matches" aren't even real people, even though they promise that they match you with others actively seeking a relationship. Complete bull and complete SCAM. Buyer BEWARE.

Posted on: 2017/01/05 05:42am

Terrible site.
I think that their german homepage is old fashioned, complicated, non-user friendly. Then you have to read tons of profiles and see in order to ask a profile to show you their pic. I have met 2 men absolutely non interesting and their pics did not even match the reality... (much uglier in real). It is the worst online dating that i have seen. All they want is to grab your money. Once you are in, they will do everything to keep you longer (greedy people). A total NO-GO!

Posted on: 2017/01/06 04:03pm

Wow. I thought I was going crazy. I signed up, paid (!) and got some matches right away for the first 3 days. Then the middle day's matches went away, and on the 4th day I got no matches. I think there are some real people there, but it seems like not many. I'm not seeing any new people. I read a review that seemed very reputable, but wish I'd seen this first NOT worth it.

Posted on: 2017/01/10 04:27am

Elitesingles is a carefully constructed scam with bogus statistics, false advertising, for instance most of my suggested matches were in a different country entirely.
However the biggest scam is that it's designed to rip people off for renewals they don't want and they are extremely aggressive in chasing money.

Don't bother ticking the "do not renew " button on their site unless you take a time stamped screenprint and prepare for a fight. They will deny you ticked it and then tell you that in any event that this button is ineffective. They'll say that while the facility is on their site, that they don't accept it and that you must email them directly and at least 7 days before the end of your subscription. It's expensive and there a free sites which are better. In fact a lot of my matches were on plenty of fish.

Posted on: 2017/01/10 12:22pm

never but never hand over your CC cetails to any online date outfits ,you cant trust any of them further than you can throw these maggots . you can tick the boxes for no renewals but you are wasting your time ..they will give you the runaround for years ..all you can do is cancel your CC and get a neww one with different numbers that they dont know

Posted on: 2017/01/15 04:25pm

EliteSingles is a rip off site that charges huge amounts of money for an ineffective and inefficient service. I joined three months at a cost of over $240 dollars and realised within 6 hours that the service was not satisfactory as my photos and information had not downloaded within 6 hours. On other sites which cost far less it is immmediate. I then tead reviews of the site which stated how unsatisfactory people find it to be. I will not receive a refund as I sent two messages wirhin the 6 hour period that I was on the site. I would strongly advise people to avoid this site as it appears to maximum cost for minimums service

Posted on: 2017/01/16 06:36pm

I joined this site and was on it for a mere 48 hours and started communicating with a man they "matched" me with who turned out to be a scam artist; started trying to get money from me. When I reported this person to the site, they assured me that they have one of the safest dating websites there is. Yeah, right! I also agree with another post, it is never clear where exactly the person lives. Being from California, at least I recognize most of the California cities. But, I live on the east coast now and don't recognize any of them. Now, I'm not sure HOW to cancel my membership.

Posted on: 2017/01/25 11:03pm

I screwed up!!! I read through the reviews just now after paying for a subscription which forced me to sign up for 3 months, what a great marketing tactic. After three months I end up with nothing, "matches" never within my area. I actually question the legitimacy of the profiles since I never received a single reply. Completely disappointed!!!

To make matters worse, after 4 months of cancelling my subscription I received a letter from a collecting agency for $135.99 WTF!!!

The best advise I can give you is, stay away!!!

Posted on: 2017/01/31 05:32am

Useless site!!! Matches too far away, with little to no info and/or photos on the profile.

I have only had 2 guys chat to me this entire time (over 2 months), and 1 of them happened to be someone I went to school with (so we chatted only because we recognized one another). No conversations, only the odd "like" here and there.

I belong to a few other sites, and I get a lot of interest there - in fact, too much sometimes, so I know it's not me! This site does not compare to any of them - even the free sites. I would NOT recommend it to anyone. Unfortunately I paid for 3 months upfront, but will definitely be unsubscribing when the 3 months are up. What a waste of money! Makes me so angry Angry

Posted on: 2017/02/06 11:20am

This site is awful! I have had hardly any contacts at all - and before you think it......I have been relatively successful on other sites but have not found anyone that matches my professional status on those. I was honestly feeling hopeful with this site! Elite singles has not fulfilled their contractual obligations and have provided no easy way of getting touch with them for me to request a refund - who the hell uses fax anymore?!!!

Really poor show!

Posted on: 2017/02/07 11:14pm

I'm pretty disappointed as well. I haven't had any new matches and all the five or six that I could see haven't been online in ages or replied to anything I've sent. They've also had no photos and the profiles are incomplete. I'd like to think people would reply if you get a good "matching score". Be wary of this one. Wishing I hadn't paid so much money!

Posted on: 2017/02/09 12:03pm

I joined this site and was on it for a mere 48 hours and started communicating with a man they "matched" me with who turned out to be a scam artist; started trying to get money from me. When I reported this person to the site, they assured me that they have one of the safest dating websites there is. Yeah, right! I also agree with another post, it is never clear where exactly the person lives. Being from California, at least I recognize most of the California cities. But, I live on the east coast now and don't recognize any of them. Now, I'm not sure HOW to cancel my membership.

cancel your card and get a new card and they cant take any more debits..

Posted on: 2017/02/09 01:00pm

SCAM
The local messages stop as if it's a lak of interest and only continued messages from people from a far... You see this keeps you interested hoping for more local hoping you renew.. There's the scam.
Plus matches are usually outside the required range.also it takes days to get a response from customer care

Posted on: 2017/02/14 05:50pm

Worst site I have ever been on. No one has a picture posted and/or they are so far away, there's no point.
I wrote to their customer service to tell them how horrible it is and their response was to broaden my search to 100 miles. Ridiculous.

RI he: Elite Singles any Good?

Posted on: 2017/02/18 12:11pm

I joined based on tv commercials. When I first registered I got a flurry of activity. But NOT ONE PERSON is from my area. What good is a dating site if you have to hop on a plane for the first date? Stay away, its a ripoff.

Posted on: 2017/02/18 01:34pm

I can only agree with everything that has been said by previous reviewers. My experience has been the same. Wasted my time filling out a lengthy questionnaire. Matches live hundreds of miles away. Few matches meet my specific criteria. No photos to look at for most of the "matches" they send me. In summary, a total ripoff and stay away. Unfortunately I already paid for 3 months I have turned off the auto renewal and I will cancel the membership before my 3 months is up, delete my profile and never get taken again. I will watch my credit card account very closely to make sure they don't take my money.

Posted on: 2017/02/19 10:06am

I saw the ad on tv. I think it's only now they are marketing it to South Africa audience. I registered last night and I have been getting a string of mails with matches within my radius. I was going to make payment tomorrow but after reading reviews I would not waste my time and money. I will stick with match.com

Posted on: 2017/02/22 08:16pm

NO it is a worthless site. All pics are so out of focus you can't tell if men or women! And if you don't pay then cant see them or communicate. Everything is blocked. Move on!

Re: Elite Singles any Good? - NO

Posted on: 2017/02/27 02:15pm

I have to agree with this and many other posts. My matches are not even close to where I live (Toronto area). ES says that my requirements are too strict. I have set them up for 50 miles. All I can say is that they must be doing poorly with women in the Toronto area and doing great with women from Ottawa, where all my matches are located.

I put in another complaint to ES and they did not answer. My late wife used to quote the dentist saying, "if you ignore your teeth, they will go away."

I am also on eHarmony and that is a much better site. By, bye, ES.

Useless site!!! Matches too far away, with little to no info and/or photos on the profile.

I have only had 2 guys chat to me this entire time (over 2 months), and 1 of them happened to be someone I went to school with (so we chatted only because we recognized one another). No conversations, only the odd "like" here and there.

I belong to a few other sites, and I get a lot of interest there - in fact, too much sometimes, so I know it's not me! This site does not compare to any of them - even the free sites. I would NOT recommend it to anyone. Unfortunately I paid for 3 months upfront, but will definitely be unsubscribing when the 3 months are up. What a waste of money! Makes me so angry Angry

Posted on: 2017/02/28 01:11pm

" ELITE " do not join this site .
I am a member, they monitor ur correspondence and manipulate.

Been a member just a month, noticed no one was looking at my profile ! So set up some friends male/ female, discovered, I was not getting the messages sent to me or acknowledged that they viewed my profile.

I complained no action taken by CS. I have paid for 6 months and wasted my money. I know they will delete my account, after this post, even though I paid for next 4 months.

I have used the same words and same photograph on another "classy Dating site," response is tremendous the contacts are not monitored.

DON'T Join Elite. TV advertises is rubbish, they are desperate to new members and ur money.

Posted on: 2017/03/01 09:42am

This is probably the worst online site I have ever tried. I wasted $60 completely. This site originates in Germany. They only post a person's city name but not the state. At first glance, it seemed there were many people in my geographical area (NJ). But none of the people they sent me as "matches" were actually members. So I could not contact anyone! What a scam.
DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON THIS SITE

Posted on: 2017/03/11 05:12am

Very disappointing.
I signed up for a 6 month membership.
Most of my matches do not have a pic. I ask for a photo request. Nothing. I check back on his profile weeks later. Still nothing. I emailed customer service about the lack of pictures. They did their customer service thing and said all the right things, but it does not improve the situation for me
I have sent out smiles. I do not seem to get anything in return. Oh wait, I did get one smile in return. So I sent him a message. Now he is not responding. Not sure what the point of that was.
I will say that I met one person, and we dated for a couple of months. That was promising, but it did not last. This was not a reflection on Elite.
I will be cancelling my membership shortly. Hopefully I do not have any problems.

Posted on: 2017/03/12 07:21pm

Yeah, this site is junk, not too many people post pictures of themselves and you only get so many matches a day without a way to search people around you. If there are only 40 members within your dating range then you will only see those 10 one day, 10 the next, until you get to all 40. Once all the members have been shown to you, you run out of new people to look at until a new member signs up. Not too many people use this and 1/2 don't put up a picture. THIS SITE IS NOT ELITE! DON'T BELIEVE THE REVIEWS THAT SAY THIS IS THE BEST DATING SITE, Match.com isn't great but is a hundred times better than elitesingles.com. Basically, you are paying the company to give you a personality profile, which you could get for free by doing a Meyer's-Brigg Test for free online. Don't spend the money, go to Match.com instead if you want to spend money.

Re: Elite Singles any Good?- fraudsters avoid!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2017/03/18 04:16am

Do not join this site. I have tried it for 6 months, the matches are poor, I have very little in common with anyone I have messaged. They don't into account any info, for example, I wanted local matches but was matched with people from across the sea or the other end of the country. They advertise as elite for professionals, I am a university educated professional and I have been matched with semi skilled workers or folk out of work.
I tried to discontinue my membership but they automatically renew it.
This is nothing more than a false fraudulent website designed to extract money for people
Avoid avoid

Posted on: 2017/03/18 06:53pm

Do Not Pay For This Site! Warning - this is the absolutely worst dating site I have every experienced. I've used others - Match, Our Time - others. I have not found any of them to be good - but at least the competitors do what they say they will do. Not so with Elite Singles. The process and underlying methodology make really good sense. But in the end - - they do not match you to local people. Not sure about you - but I'm not interested in dating someone 5 hours away. I have contacted customer service many times (not available by phone - only email - and not in the US) and they tell me my profile settings are not set broadly - - and therefore I'm not receiving local matches. Not true. My profile is set to accept anyone and anything (which totally defeats the point of a profit setting). In the end - I live in a major metro area - - yet receive 2 to 3 local matches per week. Either they have no men on their site - or the entire methodology is flawed.

Posted on: 2017/03/18 07:41pm

Worst dating site I have ever used. Supply of people must be hugely limited because they send me one or two a day. And even then - the people they send to me are from all over the country. Never anyone local. Wish I had done my homework. Major waste of money. And customer service people are horrible.

Posted on: 2017/03/18 07:43pm

don't waste your money on this site. there are no members - and matches are not local.

Posted on: 2017/03/20 05:01pm

Stay away - it's a complete scam. Like other users - I live in large metro area but never receive local matches. They told me to relax my search parameters - and they couldn't be more relaxed. Bottom line - I'm not interested in dating someone more than 50 miles away. Complete waste of money.

Posted on: 2017/03/21 08:09pm

After paying for 6 months of premium membership in one lump sum, I was "expertly matched" to numerous people who had no resemblance to the profile I submitted to be matched with, most had no photo and did not match race nor religion preferences. I asked for a refund and quit. I was told "no refunds after 3 days". That's not right!!

I only wish I had seen the reviews on this site before I plunked down $83.70 for a premium 6-month membership in this WORTHLESS DATING SITE!!

Posted on: 2017/03/22 11:16am

Try finding someone close to you with the first three numbers of a zip code.

And I was just charged $149 after canceling a renewal. You cannot talk to any one. And for this reason alone, you shoud run away for these Theives.!

Posted on: 2017/03/25 05:26pm

Stay away! Wish I had done my homework. Seemed like a good site as matching process made sense to me and seems to attract professionals. However - this is of no use when 99% of all matches are 4 to 6 hours away. This is not what I was looking for and makes no sense. Customer service is useless. They don't care and don't get it. Likely because they are not in US and don't seem to think they are matching me with local people. I live in large metro and get no local matches. Logic is broken and I just threw out a lot of money.

Posted on: 2017/03/26 05:58am
By: Spartacus

No Way!
Its shockingly bad;
+ Given matches ignore most of the entered age range
+ "Daily Matches" from all over the country regardless of settings
+ A few are held back for showing in the 'have you met' tab, why cant they just display everyone and leave us to it.
+ And of course finally, the classic money grabbing 'auto Renewal' where the opt out for renewal is obscure and hidden away so they just take your money regardless...

WATCH OUT PEOPLE - ITS A MINEFIELD, and thats even before you get to talking to your 'Date'

Posted on: 2017/03/26 08:10pm

They suck. It is not user friendly. For my matches all I get are profiles with no pictures. Already I have been notified that one of my so called matches is a scammer. What a waste of money. Too late to cancel and get a refund. What's even worse, is that the company that started this dating site is not even based in America. This dating site pays no attention to what you have asked for distance wise or personality wise. Again, they suck.

Posted on: 2017/03/26 09:12pm

No, Elite Singles is not good at all. I have been in this site for 3 months. I've had 3 profile visitors. Received 1 message. Most matches are empty profiles (just basic info. Nothing else, no picture, interests, etc.) I sent "smiles" and messages to every single person en the search section for the age range and least amount of miles and got not one response. I suspect they are all "ghost accounts" One can tell by the pictures or absence of them. I contacted a man after reading through the whole profile found he left his phone number. He said he didn't have an account anymore,p. It had been months he had left. I let customer service know that I suspected they didn't delete old members who had left. They responded that it was up to the customers to delete the account. Really? How is that? Any way. This is a $175 scam!

this is the WORST website ever

Posted on: 2017/03/27 10:00pm

They will automatically renew your membership without a notification. I am trying to cancel my membership and they are requesting that I pay a fee for renewing of $134.85. I have attempted twice with 2 different cards and keep getting the same message that "my card information is not valid!" I also think that this is a SCAM and plan on changing my card information as well. I am beyond disgusted with how I was treated.

Don't even think about wasting your time or money........................

Posted on: 2017/03/30 06:35pm

I was on elite singles for 6 months (they auto renewed me after 3 months). 90% of the profiles are fake or freebie ones with no pictures or ability to read your messages. In 6 months I met 3 girls, which were probably 3 of about 18 that were actually subscribed and real.

Posted on: 2017/04/09 07:50am

I've signed up for elite singles website a month ago. I wanted to only try it for a month but they didn't have that option (red flag!). I completed my profile and adjusted my settings to only get matched with people nearby and of certain criteria. Regardless of that I get matched with people from all over the place, with no pictures, and wrong criteria. This website doesn't let you browse either. I think there are very few users as well. By now I've tried every website there is out there and I can say that you are better off with a free app than this expensive service. Completely not worth your money.

Posted on: 2017/04/11 09:03pm

stay away from this site! No response from any member, matches are not even close to you criteria`s etc.

Biggest scam, just like all dating sites. Taking your money and thats it. No customer service whatsoever.

DON`T sign up, yo only get ripped off!!!!!

Posted on: 2017/04/16 09:20pm

Is Elite Singles any good? Let's see. In the six months I was a member, there were only two (2) other members in my state (New Mexico) in the "men looking for men" category (my category). In six months of (pricey) membership, I met two men (one in California; I had to get on a plane to meet him; the other a three-hour drive from where I live). Most of the men sent to me as matches had no photo; all but one lived in other states. Almost none of the men I contacted bothered to reply.

Overall rating: complete waste of time and money!

Grade: F for failure, total failure, absolute failure

Posted on: 2017/04/21 03:05pm

I just found out that Elite Singles are billing me for aover $300 for a new period which I did not want. Apparantly they can and do automatically renew your membership automatically unless you cancel it in the 24 hour period. Here is thier response to me "As stated in our Terms and Conditions, "ELITESINGLES renews all paid memberships 24 hours before the expiry of the term of the paid membership." (see 5.2) and " ( A ) paid membership must be terminated in writing at the latest 24 hours before the date of your subscription renewal." (see 5.1b)"

I met some nice people on thier web site and did not wish to proceed. So i never had any issues until they automatically renewed me for 6 months!

Posted on: 2017/04/21 06:05pm

Terrible service!!! I should have reviewed before signing up and paying hard earned money for this SCAM! I was matched with 8 people, and I am from Vancouver yet i was matched with people from other provinces, and from the US. No consideration was taken for my criteria and when I requested a refund, I received the same canned responses as noted below. Buyer beware, awful in every way possible. DO NOT USE!!!

Posted on: 2017/04/24 09:09am

dont be frightened by intimidatory messages ,they will go to any length to scam you for more money when you want to leave their clutches..scare them back with threats of local papers and outing their scams ..online ..i had these threatening messages and ignored them as theyre fraudsters who wont want to be outed to the law ..you are delaing with hard criminals

Posted on: 2017/04/24 04:31pm

dont be frightened by intimidatory messages ,they will go to any length to scam you for more money when you want to leave their clutches..scare them back with threats of local papers and outing their scams ..online ..i had these threatening messages and ignored them as theyre fraudsters who wont want to be outed to the law ..you are delaing with hard criminals

Absolutely, I was lucky that I needed to change my card so when the autorenew was due it didn't happen. I smacked back in email after ' collections ' contacted me and heard nothing back. No joke half the money they make must be unsolicited payments. It's criminal.

I should point out I'm in New Zealand and I don't think it's as bad here as in the US and Canada but still pretty saweded.

Posted on: 2017/04/26 06:32pm

THIS SITE IS A RIP OFF. Don't do it. No matches and they auto renew your membership unless you cancel within 3 DAYS OF JOINING. You don't know its a joke until after 3 days and then they don't care and won't refund your money.

Posted on: 2017/04/29 05:33am

A very bad value for money. Autorenewal. Poor matches (both quantity and quality).
Avoid like plague.

Posted on: 2017/05/07 05:52pm

Thank you for your honest and candid feedback. I was planning to join tonight, but have changed my mind.

Posted on: 2017/05/08 11:41pm

Ladies don't waste your money! 90% of the male profiles don't have images. It's hard to find a match when the men are too afraid to show themselves. Also, very difficult to stop subscribing. I cancelled before my renewal and they renewed me again anyway. Seriously, in my city (calgary), most profiles don't have images. Not what I expected for an upscale dating site.

Posted on: 2017/05/09 03:00pm

NO!!
Don't waste your money. Half of the profiles have no information at all and no picture and I think they are just fake. They don't let you know anything about a person before you start talking to them. You don't know if they are separated or divorced or widowed. I don't like dating separated man so that's really important to me. There are not many matches and it's just really a terrible website. You can't do detailed searches. Don't waste your money

Posted on: 2017/05/10 12:37am

So this site... there are barely any men on it. Certainly no single men in your caliber and if there are they live hundreds of miles away. It's a Bust. And when you ask for your money back they simply say no.

Posted on: 2017/05/13 04:40pm
By: Kenzsmom

DO NOT PAY ANY MONEY......SCAM!!! PLEASE READ
Everything negative in theses reviews is true. I had paid a while back and recently noticed that i had a charge of $227 on my credit card. Apparently they auto renew. I completely forgot about this site because as everyone said, there were very few men in my area, and those that were ever had a picture or responded to a request for one.

After searching the web for a phone number with no results I sent an email to the only contact info on the site. I was told by Brian that unless I could provide proof (email) of my cancellation they couldn't refund it. Now I must admit, I lied about cancelling Smile, but I wasn't going to throw away all that money. He said they have record of every and all attempts to cancel memberships and none came from my email. I emailed him back and told him that I had just read many reviews, all with a common thread that the site is a scam and that I would be contacting the BBB. Got my refund!

Hopefully this will stop anyone from paying them money and help anyone who wants a refund from these crooks!

Posted on: 2017/05/16 04:39am

Angry Twisted Question
I'm new to this and have never done any online dating. Saw the site Elite Singles when looking for the best of the best. It said "Free" to try. I figured a free trial period so I could get familiar with the website features and see possible matches, wrong!

Ok so I spent over 30 mins filling out all those questions for the profile and when done thought I would be able to browse potentials, well that was first strike, no browse, they pick for you and you can't see anything unless you pay, ok so what is free???
Second strike, it's not free to try, was flooded with matches but when try to view some, the pictures were blurry so you can't see the people, plus it constantly asks you to pay premium cost. In checking some of the matches profile, the criteria was nothing that matched anything I said, which made me feel like I wasted that time answering the questions. I mean really if I said no kids, why do all the matches I read say they want kids. That's just dumb, plus people will get their feelings hurt. No Kids mean No Kids...hello!

3rd strike, they keep sending alerts that all these men are asking for me to upload a picture, well I haven't because the website is not user friendly and had trouble trying to upload a picture. And why should I immediately upload a picture when I can't even use the site for free trial??? I mean a free trial is not me spending time answering stupid questions then the matches don't match it. That's mass hysteria!

I was considering of paying for 3 mos to start to see my so called '24' matches, but after reading most of these reviews, which are scary to say the least , I'm better off going to Meetups in my city, at least you meet real live people F2F in nice places, who are like-minded and the only money you may spend will be for a drink and food. Plus it gets you out of the house and from behind the computer. And even if you don't meet someone that night at least you had a good time, did some dancing and made new friends. Plus don't have to worry about any auto renewals, or cussing out customer service for their practices, although I would of used a 'gift card' to pay anyway.

But after reading all the reviews I won't proceed any further. I plan to remove all the info in my profile and fill in the blanks with protest info, since it seems you can't remove your profile once you sign up. But you can "edit" it with whatever you want, so protest, I bet they'll remove your profile then.

I'm glad I saw this site, so sorry for what happened to you all, and wish you well in your search for love and know your experiences and testimonials helped others from going down that road of Elite disappointments and stress!

Posted on: 2017/05/31 07:55pm

It's a SCAM! I have been told that Elite singles use computers to generate fake female members that will send you messages but are not able to maintain conversations. Those fake female members are limited number and once the matches run out you don't get more information. I'm very disappointed my $59.00 were stolen. I was also told by some women that they are payed by Elite singles to send messages to new members and later don't follow-up with anything. One lady said that she was payed for each message she sent to new men and after that it was all over.
Really bad

Posted on: 2017/06/01 12:36am

Very very disappointed. I sincerely filled out my profile 100% however, none of matches meet my criteria, most of the matches have very little self -description, and I have no idea why we match each other. Also, I set the race and religion criteria very strict, however LOTS the recommended matches are completely against my wishes.
Completely waste of time and money.

Posted on: 2017/06/01 10:19am

It sucks...

1. The women are old, a lot of them have kids already, relatively few are in their twenties

2. It's very expensive

3. When I tried to cancel 5 days before renewal they refused to cancel and charged me anyway because in the small print it says you have to give 7 days notice before renewal, which is ridiculous because there was a lot of back and forth with "customer service" who obviously could have cancelled it for me but just wanted to sting me for another £150 renewal fee for the next 3 months!

4. the highly structured profiles end up looking quite similar to each other after a while

I wouldn't waste my time on this site ever again.

Posted on: 2017/06/06 11:54am

I have recently tried their site as a 'free member'. Everything seemed legit enough. Why not give it a try?

I had input all my info, likes and dislikes, etc. and shortly afterwards was asked by another member for me to upload a picture. within 2 days I have had 4 more requests and several visitors to my profile. I have also received approximately 15-20 email alerts about women being interested in my profile, etc. All of the women who have visited my profile have blurry pictures and I am finding I have to pay to be able to see them clearly.

I uploaded the picture as directed and was going to send the person a quick message saying what I had done and be patient. But I am unable to send messages as a 'free member' and over 24 hours hrs later, my picture still hasn't been uploaded. I believe i have to become a member ($25/month x 6 months) for me to communicate with other members and upload my picture.

After reading all of these other complaints however, I won't be paying anything except less attention to them. I'm not hanging around long enough that once my picture gets posted to my profile, that they can put a label on my forehead saying SUCKER.

Tricky and deceitful seems to apply here.

Posted on: 2017/06/06 02:15pm

It sucks...

1. The women are old, a lot of them have kids already, relatively few are in their twenties

2. It's very expensive

3. When I tried to cancel 5 days before renewal they refused to cancel and charged me anyway because in the small print it says you have to give 7 days notice before renewal, which is ridiculous because there was a lot of back and forth with "customer service" who obviously could have cancelled it for me but just wanted to sting me for another £150 renewal fee for the next 3 months!

4. the highly structured profiles end up looking quite similar to each other after a while

I wouldn't waste my time on this site ever again.

THREATEN THE BBB! They refused to refund me until I said I read lots of reviews that all talked about the site being a scam, and that I was going to contact the BBB. Emailed me back within an hour and gave me the refund! Good luck

Posted on: 2017/06/06 03:17pm

I really wish I'd read these reviews before signing up. This company is a complete rip off, deliberately keeping your financial information so they can use it in the future to rip you off.

After signing up to Elite singles and using it for a few months- not liking either the format (being sent 'matches' rather than being able to search) or the fact that there was hardly anyone remotely near me on there, I decided to cancel my contract. I then found out that it had been automatically renewed the previous week. Ok, I thought- I obviously didn't read the small print, but not too worry, there'll be a 2 week cooling off cancellation period as per my consumer rights. After contacting Elite I was disgusted to find out (in an extremely smug and patronising way) that they had written into the contract that these consumer rights could only be applied to the first point of subscription and after that basically gave themselves the right to use your previously saved financial details to take payment for an automatic subscription.

The fact that they would do this with no communication as to when your previous subscription is due to end is bad enough but not refunding when you tell them within a week that you don't want the service is theft in my eyes. I've now had £60 taken from my account for a service that was terrible anyway and I certainly did not want to continue.

Posted on: 2017/06/07 06:43am

the swamp needs to be drained eventually when people wise up

report it on youtube complaints about the scumbag fraudsters .theres long running threads

Posted on: 2017/06/10 11:00am

NO - THEY SUCK !!!!! They reject photos left and right. For no reason - Out of 15 photos I tried to post they rejected 13 of them. Those same photos are on Zoosk - which I recommend highly -

Posted on: 2017/06/10 12:49pm

It is the WORST dating site EVER!!! Nothing but people out of your profile "match" and close to where you live! DO NOT waste your money trying this site!!! They state that the initial fee is around $14.00 or so, but they will charge your CC $84 for months of sign up that you NEVER asked for!!! RUN...JUST RUN!!!!

It is the WORST and if you ever see their ad on Facebook.....trust me, the men NEVER look like the ones they have posted on it! Not that we expect because it is all about advertising, but really at least give one or two that could be!

Match.com is the way to go.....even if one doesn't find someone interesting.....at least you are given opportunities to meeet interesting people!

ELITE SINGLES IS THE WORST!!!

Posted on: 2017/06/11 04:16am

it amazes me that buyers dont do a check on the online date sites before handing over card details ..theres bad feedback on this crap site going back many years .would you buy a new car before conducting a search of reviews ?? ***** .. few good reviews on online date sites out there

Posted on: 2017/06/11 04:21am

No, it's dreadful! As a paid for service I expected at least a few matches. I am not sure what criteria they use to match couples but I got random men that could have been pulled out of a lucky dip.
Not cool to fool/charge for an "elite" service that is less than average.

Posted on: 2017/06/14 05:42pm

Cry Never mind the false promises re superior matching - you get matches with men who don't fit the criterion you specified - my gripe is with the automatic renewal of your sub without warning. yes it's there in the fine print when you sign that unless you notify them 24 hours before the sub runs out they will automatically renew. But the sub runs for six months and few of us are organised enough to mark that on our calendars. I certainly didn't and was shocked to find $269 had been taken from my account without warning. If they thought their service was that good or they were ethical and put the customer first they would warn the customer a week before their sub needed so they could make an informed choice. But they don't. That is how they make their money. By stiffing their customers.

Posted on: 2017/06/14 07:05pm

Hello,

I signed up to Elite Singles 2 weeks ago and I'm already disappointed. I have sent many messages with kind words to start an interesting conversation and I have not received a single answer yet. I am very surprised because I am a good looking guy and I am a very interesting person. And so is my profile. I only received a message from a girl who said that she wanted to chat with me. After I answered by starting a conversation, I received no sign of life from her. Also, I can see that 30 girls have visited my profile since the beginning. Of all those 30 girls, only one gave me a sign of life (the one I talk earlier). Can you imagine that this web site is meant to build relationships and after 2 weeks you didn't have any conversation at all yet?! I find that very difficult to explain.

I could also say that I was shocked to see that the company took the total amount of the 6 months membership right away while the web site really give the impression that the payment is on a monthly basis.

Posted on: 2017/06/15 05:12pm

Thanks for everyone's input. I was about to join and after reading the reviews, I've decided to step back.
Sorry to hear everyone got poor service and lost their money... Sure wish I find a good service.K

Posted on: 2017/06/17 09:35pm

I'm totally certain that at least 97% of the profiles are fakes, created by Elite Singles! Also, almost ALL activities (connections, visits, messages, smiles, pictures requests, etc) in the web site are also fake, totally simulated by the web site, by computer code. I'm a software developer and I know that this is really easy to do. I really don't know why and how this company can continue to operate and to steal money from people without any problems. It's a shame!

Posted on: 2017/06/17 09:49pm

By the way, does anyone know what we can do against thiefs like Elite Singles, as consumers who have been stolen?! Is there any authority who protect consumers where we could make complaints? I have been stolen of 200$ and I can't believe that we all know that Elite Singles are thiefs and that they will be able to operate without any problems. That's what will happen if we do nothing.

Posted on: 2017/06/22 08:55am

It's another scam site, barely any responses, seem very generic. Profile photos don't match sometimes. A very few conversations I had felt as if I was talking with a bot.

Posted on: 2017/06/23 05:32am

Hello,

I signed up to Elite Singles 2 weeks ago and I'm already disappointed. I have sent many messages with kind words to start an interesting conversation and I have not received a single answer yet. I am very surprised because I am a good looking guy and I am a very interesting person. And so is my profile. I only received a message from a girl who said that she wanted to chat with me. After I answered by starting a conversation, I received no sign of life from her. Also, I can see that 30 girls have visited my profile since the beginning. Of all those 30 girls, only one gave me a sign of life (the one I talk earlier). Can you imagine that this web site is meant to build relationships and after 2 weeks you didn't have any conversation at all yet?! I find that very difficult to explain.

I could also say that I was shocked to see that the company took the total amount of the 6 months membership right away while the web site really give the impression that the payment is on a monthly basis.

i had the same on POF, put it down to no members in your area and they fill in the gaps with fake profiles and you chat with bots

Posted on: 2017/06/29 07:09pm

if you like sex it's great because the site will screw you like it or not Angry

Re: Elite Singles no Good - complete ripoff

Posted on: 2017/07/02 04:18am

Exactly as the other reviews
Expensive
Not elite
Few good matches, shortest match distance of 50miles and many profiles given were outside that. As I live in the capital city it is really unacceptable to have no local matches. On querying I was told I was too restrictive. On querying whether my matches were full members I was told no, but I should mail them so they were influenced to become a member - why should I do their job for them???
Same thing with auto renewal, ripped off for another month money, you have to delete your membership to get out of the renewal and why do that during the membership period so you don't and then get trapped into the renewal. They sent me a mail saying I had renewed and had to cancel 7 days earlier. Of course no email 14 or 8 days earlier that help you to delete. Rip off rip off rip off. Avoid avoid avoid.
Use tinder. Free and effective.

Posted on: 2017/07/04 01:37pm

Hey - I could have written this myself! Super dissapointed with the site! Maybe we should connect... Smile monica34b at gmail dot com. I am a single mother - 43 years old with a 22 month old boy.

:-*

Hello,

Posted on: 2017/07/08 12:23am

No! Do not waste your money. I made the mistake of signing up for 6 months and wish I read the reviews beforehand. Total waste of a lot of money. I can't remember the exact amount but around $35/Canadian/ month =>$200.
There so so many bad things about this site.
the majority of people do not load pictures
They try to force you to message someone before you can see the next "match"
The matching they do is totally random. Not based on any similarities or preferences.
The data base is extremely small.. no wonder there.
The only good thing I can say about it is that they sent me a message telling me that I had been in contact with a fraudulent person. I had in fact chatted with that person. Thankfully nothing had become of it, and hopefully nothing will, but they must do some sort of monitoring and I do respect that.
have been on Match where there is a massive data base.

Elite Singles.com Probably a fake website!!!!! Waste of money

Posted on: 2017/07/12 08:21pm

Horrible site, don't pay! I did. No reply from any men I emailed. Only smiley faces and likes to certain descriptions. I emailed a guy, then wanted to email him again, Site would not let me, said wait for ****** to reply before you email him. Do NOT pay, SCAM!!!!!!!!

again

Is the dating site EliteSingles any good? I came across them and heard it was a decent service in the news as they recently have come to the United States. They support a number of countries as well.

The statistics on the site seem to be a good indication that it is a site worth joining. Over two thirds of members have a university degree and 18,000 people join every week. Also 57 percent are women, which is good for us men. I wonder what the age range is on the site...

I will report back after I join as a free member to let you all know if it worth it.

Posted on: 2017/07/14 11:05am

I am 46 and believe it or not actually met someone on the site who was the opposite of what I was looking for. We nonetheless hooked up and he gave me "c%@b$"😡

Posted on: 2017/07/25 10:37pm

This was a lot of money and difficult to cancel. "Partners" were sent but there was no information easily available about geography. It is not an intuitively easy to use site.

Posted on: 2017/07/25 10:43pm

I sure wish I read reviews before I threw away money. Fake profiles. No info about geography. Very difficult to navigate and impossible to cancel. Don't do it!!!

Posted on: 2017/07/29 11:47am

This site IS A SCAM.....I joined for $89.00 and had a handful of matches....out of state....not even close to my 50 mi. Parameter. Men were no where near professionals. They only allow you to see who they want you to. Stay away from this site. Any of the others are much better than this...do not believe any of the positive reviews!!

Posted on: 2017/08/01 07:04pm

Thanks for the advise everyone. I'm glad I did not join the site. Thanks

Posted on: 2017/08/04 08:01am

Ridiculously expensive pricing for a web service. The site is a rip-off :-(

Posted on: 2017/08/04 10:28am

Horrible site that deletes your profile without any warning.

Posted on: 2017/08/07 01:53am

Definitely NOT, not worth the money, absolute waste of time and money, too many without profile pictures. The site is not user friendly, too hard to contact even by email;. MAKES ME THINK THEY ARE A SCAM.
NEVER AGAIN.

Posted on: 2017/08/07 10:56am

I was on for 5 months, got cat fished twice and only connected with 2 men. The rest I would send a smile or they would, but never did any of them follow up, approximately 75-100 men. I believe that this is partial BS. They send you smiles from profiles that are probably old or fictions.
Don't waist your money with this site!

Posted on: 2017/08/09 03:52pm

I have been on this site for approximately a month. I have close to 500 suggested matches yet only 25 of them have even looked at my profile. Less than a dozen of those have sent a smile or a message. In my humble opinion, my pictures are very pretty, current and real! Where are the other 450 men??? I think I should stick with accidental meetings in the grocery store.

Posted on: 2017/08/10 10:46am

This website is not what they say they are. The biggest problem is that they think a good match can live up to 300 miles from you. It is doubtful that most members think that is acceptable. The other big issue is the number of profiles that are incomplete or without a photo. I'm not sure if that means they are a free member or just don't want a picture out there.

I do give them credit for letting your know when they have found a member to fraudulent and removed them. It does make you aware of the number of scammers out there. In the first 4 or 5 weeks, I think I was sent 4 or 5 notices. And I would hope that they do their research before putting them on the website not after.

Overall, I don't think they have the membership to be able to offer more than a handful of matches. Once I got my initial matches I get maybe one or two a week.

Don't waste your money.

Posted on: 2017/08/10 11:30am

There's nothing "elite" about this site. They tease you with supposed matches - they live much too far away so it's a joke. You have to pay their fee just to see photos of your matches, and when you do, you will just be disappointed. Their site is also clunky to use, and very limited in what is offered.

Posted on: 2017/08/14 06:37pm

Angry This online dating site is a SCAM! First it said that I could look for 3 days for free. Then I could get 6 months for being charged 20.97 per month. So I was charged 119.97! Plus there is no way to contact or to delete my profile even after following all the steps. I want off of this site because I do not trust this site at all!! Most of the men matched with me were in another state after I put I wanted someone within 30 miles of my city. So now I have been disputing the credit card company and will not want to pay them a PENNY!! On another note, people say how do you meet someone? I have been alone for 5 years after a 30 year marriage which ended due to the death of my husband. I don't really know if these dating sites are all they advertise to be. So, I am going to be "old fashioned" and wait for that nice someone to enter my life.

Posted on: 2017/08/19 04:20pm

Elite Singles is absolutely AWFUL. Stay far, far away - waste of time and money. SCAM.

Posted on: 2017/08/19 11:32pm

This is the worst site I have joined. I have joined 5 sites and this is the one from which I have met nobody at all. Don't understand what is going on. I suggest you cancel your credit card to make sure you cancel your membership in case they force you to renew.

Posted on: 2017/09/02 05:38pm

I sent this with my request to delete my profile. I'll reply here if they actually respond.

I find it unacceptable that this major dating site refuses all mentions of sex, no matter how innocuous. Sex IS a vital part of most couple relationships. There are ways of keeping the language "clean" without making profiles sexlessly sterile. I'm deleting my profile in frustration over my original appreciation of the detailed profile questions, only to find whole sections "rejected" over a single word . Please consider updating your standards. I would appreciate a personal response. Thanks.

Posted on: 2017/09/07 10:54pm

Just signed up. My information is wrong and it says I have to contact Customer Care to make changes but no way to contact them.

Posted on: 2017/09/08 06:02am
By: toulouse

Was on ES last year and found someone pretty quickly, it was (as I think with most dating sites a fluke).

Back on in July this year with no luck, and strangely I receive each Saturday lots of new likes, smiles and messages.... which all don't reply or go quiet very quickly..... Rolling Eyes

Will not be renewing the membership.

Posted on: 2017/09/16 08:52am

ELITE SINGLES IS A SCAM. I was on this site for the summer months and did not received even 1 message. I know your thinking she must be a beast but I am not! lol. I am educated, been told nice looking and look much younger than I am. I opted out for mid-August but as of yet I am still on the site it appears. I am still trying to opt out of it!
This site was a total waste of money and time. Stay away! Stay far far away from this one!!!!

Posted on: 2017/09/28 09:17pm

Very little matches from over 50 miles. Three people that did communicate lost their privileges and later I received an email from the site saying their account was removed. Spent $59 and never even went on a date. Too many fake profiles

Posted on: 2017/10/06 08:03pm

Well I was a fool that joined - hoping to meet a few decent males to try to get to know my search criteria is set at 200km and I'm getting matched with males who are interstate -I am trying to complain but looks like there is no email option to do this it has to be via snail mail. This is not what I signed up for - very disappointed.

Posted on: 2017/10/07 05:12am

a lot of fake good reviews out there so be careful you dont get taken in by the scumbags

Posted on: 2017/10/17 06:37pm

Complete and utter scam. 95% of my matches have no pictures or are out of any sort of reasonable area. Nobody even views my profile - I'm not perfect but I am attractive, in shape, successful and have dates every weekend on match. There is something very very wrong here. Don't waste your money!!

Posted on: 2017/10/23 05:27pm

This site is awful, nothing works properly and i suspect some ( not all ) but some are fake profiles...

its very difficult to keep track of who you have sent a message to before because the new matches cant be trusted to be honest i dont think enough people are using it so they create profiles and or make old matches nerw again, also you can click in to someone send them a message only to re click into them and see that you sent a message before .. so now you look needy or like you cant take the hint...

for the amount of money you have to pay im majorlyu diaspointed

i wont be re joining this site ..

Posted on: 2017/10/26 08:34pm

Complete scam. Nobody in your local area. Nobody active except old people who are either disabled or retired. Definitely not elite. Don't waste your money.

Posted on: 2017/11/05 02:45am

I feel pretty scammed by this site. It is the worst thing I have ever seen. 70% of matches live in another state, how is that a match? They claim that 75% of the people on there have a uni degree, haha hysterical. Only the first three they show you in the initial free sign up.
The format is terrible and the personality report a waste of time. And no one responds, either they are not real or they don't use it out of disgust. I seriously believe its dodgy. Don't go there

Posted on: 2017/11/17 08:20pm

No - been on two weeks. No runs, no hits, no one left on base. No one responds. And when someone sends a stupid a** “smiley face”, what is that suppose to mean? We are all adults here ... smiley faces? Really? Real relationships are built in person not in cyber space. Who in the he** is going to find the love of their life from an outdated picture and a smiley face ?? What a waste of time and hard earned money. Just go to a bar and pull out some overdone one liners .... you would have better luck and save some mobey

Posted on: 2017/11/21 05:12am
By: ericsam

This is the worst site I have joined. I have joined 5 sites and this is the one from which I have met nobody at all. Don't understand what is going on. I suggest you cancel your credit card to make sure you cancel your membership on elitesingle in case they force you to renew.

Posted on: 2017/11/30 06:05pm

My experience with Elite Singles has been TOTALLY disappointing. What other reviewers describe is true for me: I was sent several profiles in the first few days of my membership. Only one of the people I wrote to responded and his message was unpleasant. After that initial batch of profiles, no more. No more profiles. Nothing happening at all. I guess that the Elite company believes that educated people are easily duped. I was certainly fooled and I have a PhD. I was stupid enough to buy a 6 month membership. Needless to say, the site doesn't refund your money if you want out. DO NOT BUY INTO THE ELITE SINGLES SCAM! ALSO, AS A CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST, I WOULD ADD THAT THE ELITE PERSONALITY TEST HAS NO BASIS AT ALL IN REALITY, JUST ANOTHER SCAM.

Posted on: 2017/12/05 05:25am

Academic Singles is related to this site and I strongly advise against joining this service. As previous writer says, this website also automatically charges you fees even after you request cancellation. In fact it is extremely difficult to cancel membership. I stupidly joined for 6 months, pretty soon realised this was an average grade site, most subscribers were not in any way academic (not that I’m being snobby, I just thought they would be, given the name!). Anyway I thought I had cancelled my membership till I noticed a further $278 had been taken from my visa. I complained on the same day and was told my cancellation had not been authenticated as I had not faxed in a letter with my signature!! They would not refund my money. Unbelievable! Do NOT subscribe to this set of sites. Total rip off.

Posted on: 2017/12/07 02:30pm

It is terrible. I have used match which at least provides a lot of potentials near by. Tgis was awful. Miles away . And you cant get a sense of them from profiles. Badly organised info. And thanks to hereI have canceled automatic renewal but duscovered you have to actually email them to do so. Ticking a bix is not enough. Avoid.

Posted on: 2017/12/10 01:47am

yes unfortunatley.. Elite are IDIOTS,, i dont care about paying $209 for 6mths BUT the matches are rubbish,, utter crap.. sorry to tell you,, the worst is: they wont allow you to have your say about yourself,, example,, i said i like to spend most of my time mucking around and they did NOT approve that,,rejected comment.. , please ,, some common sense at least they are dumb arses.. and wait theres more they wont allow you to set criteria for weight,, well i am fit and want a women thats similar,, my matches were a lot of over weight fat girls,, what the heck!! elite are idiots,, just in for the money and preserving a fake reputation,, YEAH you could meet someone and i agree there are reputable people on there,, but only because there is a price to pay and its not free,, thats something positive,, shows people are genuine

Posted on: 2017/12/11 10:21pm

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! This site is a scam. Exactly what the others have said as far as responses, profile views etc. the handful of “matches” were from hundreds of miles away.

Posted on: 2018/01/06 12:01pm

Looks like like you people who consider yourselves elite singles are actually elite idiots. A collection of narcissists who are so elite, that they need to pay $60 a month to have a simple relationship. What a laugh

Posted on: 2018/01/14 01:20pm

1. Members are not in anyway "elite' nor are any screening processes in place to assess this. An unemployed over-the-road trucker living in his mother's basement can join.
2. Matches were wildly inappropriate in lifestyle, education, interests.
3. Cannot figure out where people live unless you ask them.
4. The "matching system" has no credibility.
5. Customer service will blame you; "We sent you 3-7 appropriate matches but you keep closing them". Uh...yeah. Because some of them seemed to be a little...delicately put...crazy.

Posted on: 2018/01/17 06:00pm

Wish I found this review site before I created a profile and pre paid 6 months. The site is terrible to use. I rarely even get sent 3 matches in a day, and even then, they are outside of the search parameters I set. Cancelling after 2 months, even though I paid for 6.

Posted on: 2018/02/02 12:28am

I joined and can only speak as a very attractive, educated woman of 60 who looks much younger - and I had to call, then write to get a refund, which they did when I threatened to dispute the charges on my credit card.
In six weeks’ time I never heard from a soul. Every time I ever joined another site, including Match.com, and OkCupid, I initially heard from tons of men. I live at the beach in L.A. and there were no attractive men anywhere within 25-50 miles, which is really unusual for a dating site. They were sending me creepy profiles from places I’d never heard of.
Their TV commercials show an older man, so I believe it’s a scam.

Posted on: 2018/03/06 01:54pm

Elite singles is a scam. I have not used their service in a year. I noticed a charge of 269.70 on my account. After searching for their contact, I found a number. The guy asked me to pay him 100$ ignorer to cancel the service. He basically told me that there is nothing I can do to prevent future charges. This is online service. I do not know who to report it to.

Posted on: 2018/03/06 11:55pm

I joined Elite Singles NZ and to be honest, I am really disappointed with it. It claims that 90% of its premium members hold at least 1 bachelor's degree. Rubbish. Some of the people on the site cannot even string a sentence together and state they have no education. Some of the profile photos are disturbing - there is one guy on it and I cannot tell whether the photo was taken pre or post-mortem.

Posted on: 2018/03/10 01:52am

70 percent of the matches do not have pictures, which I’m assuming they aren’t paid members. You can ask for pictures which I assume is how elite singles pulls free membership people into a full membership. Most matches are far away. When I complained and asked for a refund they said I could only get a refund if it was the first three days. I’m assuming this is why there aren’t a lot of active users. Everyone is fed up and they just eat the mo why they’ve spent and never go on the website! Complete waste of money.

Posted on: 2018/03/15 05:03am

This site is a SCAM and terrible value for money.

Posted on: 2018/03/15 05:49pm

I feel so stupid to have fallen so easy to this SCAM.
This website just scammed me of my hard earned $130.20 yesterday 03/14/18.
After they took my money from my account, they blocked me out, they keep sending me to the new users page to register and answer the questionnaire all over again. I have tried to send email, no answer, my bank try to call the phone number provided on the website, can't get through.
PLEASE IS THIS HAPPENING TO SOMEONE ELSE ? PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I AM SO DEPRESSED AND I AM FEELING SO CHEATED.

Posted on: 2018/03/18 01:59am

I totally agree with the above assessment of Elite Singles - it is a scam. I would get a notice that I received a message and then when I would respond (timely) I was told that the profile had been "closed" and then told the various reasons that might happen. Once, OK, maybe. FIVE TIMES??? No way. I give it a -0 stars. Don't waste your money. Our Time or Silver Seniors is much better.

Posted on: 2018/03/20 12:42pm

Brutal! 75% of the profiles have no photos When I have sent a message no response. When I complained re the bulk of the profiles have no photos and they should advise potential customers of this the response was they would cancel my subscription when it runs out My experience with a non paying site? Much, much better

Posted on: 2018/03/26 09:00pm

Don't bother. Matches are insanely inappropriate. They simply ignore your age and weight preferences. So-called matches are 20 per day, no more nor less. Most people whom you see haven't paid, which means they cannot contact you if you contacted them. Also, most accounts lack photos and the website's managers don't bother to take into account repeated complaints about this problem. Third, once you sent someone a smile, the money's gone. For good. Not worth the trouble, really. Do go out and meet someone in flesh and bones that way. Don't pay money to get frustrated and mad at yourself.

Posted on: 2018/04/01 09:47am

No. Their business practices are deceptive.

Besides all the stuff already mentioned, they send fake smiles. I applied for the 3-month membership to test it out. When the selection for possible connections in my area (with a 50 mile radius) was slim to none, I canceled my membership. All of the sudden I received smile messages from people coast to coast (Florida to Texas). I believe Elite Singles sent the fake smile messages to me in attempt to keep me from canceling. I replied to one of the smile messages asking if that person really sent the smile and provided a copy of the "smile". I got no response and suddenly the smile messages stopped coming. I believe they have created fake accounts in an effort to fool users to continue to pay them money.

This is a terrible, terrible business - they are predators.

Posted on: 2018/04/02 02:26am

Angry SUPER BEWARE Great site until they automatically roll you over at the end of your selected financial term WITHOUT ANY WARNING on the date signed up, which as months go, varies, that moment they CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD again. SUPER BEWARE. NO FEEDBACK NO REFUND. I suggest you cancel the moment you enter into their contract. be a good move. They then have to come to you, rather than YOU COP A HUGE FEE.
EVilL MONEY MAKERS if you don't cancel

Posted on: 2018/04/05 03:17am

Don’t even think about using these scammers.
I cancelled my Premium account and closed it down 2 months before the renewal date, I suspected that there would be no reminder about the “automatic renewal.” That didn’t stop these fraudsters removing more money from my account without my permission for another 6 months that I didn’t ask for or need. They are now ignoring my emails and there is no number to phone.
Avoid these criminals.

Posted on: 2018/04/06 10:40am

^^^ a common story on most date sites theyre all crooks^^^

Posted on: 2018/04/24 06:37am

Do not sign up for this service. Very few people are on it and the people I did talk to are not quality people nor are they business professionals.
On other paid sites I get lots of attention but being an educated successful female with university educated kids, I cannot find an attractive to me, educated and successful man who has older kids. Anger, insecure, selfish, kids in sports, renters, drinkers, no similar interests, broke....
I was hoping to find someone with their life together.
And guys...a graduate degree is not a college or high school diploma!

Posted on: 2018/04/29 02:23pm

Stear clear of theses thieves.
Very few people use them anymore because they have realised that they are crooks. They can no longer supply matches, everyone has left. They make cancellation difficult then auto-renew your ass. If you block your account they threaten court action. Nasty, unethical leeches.

Posted on: 2018/05/12 03:54pm

Hell no, do not sign up, ever.

Posted on: 2018/05/15 07:12pm

No! I thought this would be a "lighter" version of eharmony...I don't know why they ask for your search preferences they just send anyone and people over 300 miles away.
My first 3 messages were scams-2 elite singles flagged telling me to stop contact. The third supposedly a ceo of a company they even directed me to the company website....seemed very odd that his written English was so poor and that 3 times he asked me my intentions. I contacted customer care and no response.
Complete waste of time and money!

Posted on: 2018/06/04 09:50pm

No. Barely anyone talks or talks back. They force you to buy months at a time before they’ll let you see anyone and their claims of “educated” singles isn’t any more prominent than Tinder. LOADS of under educated people. I cancelled after a month.

Posted on: 2018/06/10 07:57pm

BEWARE: This company has at least three successful court orders against it. Elite Singles has not paid its court-ordered penalty to these former clients and hides behind at least two different email addresses and umpteen street addresses all over Canada. Also owns Lifemates... which, no surprise... seems to have disappeared,

Posted on: 2018/06/11 09:23pm

Yeah I got hit big time with the auto renewal and their nonsense of 48 hours. Plus very hard to reach and they do it on a Friday so you can't reach them till the following week. Deleted the site and contact ed my bank and BBB.
It won't happen again what a waste.

Posted on: 2018/06/14 07:34pm

In my opinion Elite Singles is garbage and not worth paying a penny for....... Don't bother when you have apps like tinder and bumble that have better looking women and doesn't cost you anything.

Posted on: 2018/07/19 05:12pm

For me it has been a complete waste of time and money. Not one decent match in the 3 months I have been signed up. I contacted them about canceling my membership a few weeks in because they hadn’t sent a single person I would be interested in and was told there were no refunds. I would not recommend EliteSingles to anyone.

Posted on: 2018/08/02 11:41am

Don't waste your money!! I wish I had read the reviews before I joined Elite Singles. Anything but Elite. I too would only receive one or two "matches" a day. Most of these profiles had no photos and were over a hundred miles away! My profile was rarely viewed, and many times it was viewed by someone clear across the country and not the type of person I was looking for. Remember, you have no control. You can't search or look up profiles. They also control who sees your profile. Customer Service is a joke. You cannot call anyone, emails are responded to days later from someone in another country. They are form answers that keep telling you how to use the website and "relax" your search criteria! This website is comparable to driving 200 miles away, putting a blindfold on and walking into a bar.

I AGREE with jJM! I am a woman and this is my experience:

Unethical site. Elite asks questions for a "Personality Profile" without telling clients that detailed psychological and emotional information from some psychological test will be publicly revealed. Elite reveals not just a chart, but some full pages of a psychological profile to all members THEY choose, not ones you choose. This practice can make a member vulnerable to matches wanting to prey on someone vulnerable. IF you request your Personality Profile be removed, they will NOT....unless you forfeit your membership fee and your account closed. There is NO room for negotiation once they have your personal information and money. Elite will NOT advise you of the fact that psychological and emotional profiling will be released - and without your permission. If you read their contract, you won't find this.

The men Elite chose as my "matches" were most definitely NOT men I could ever be interested in. Their very personal Psychological Profile was available IN DETAIL for me to read - and mine to them!

Stay away if you value your privacy and money. I have taken action against EliteSingles and have sent them several messages. No need for me to check the box below!

EliteSingles is a Dangerous site - please protect your privacy!

Posted on: 2018/09/05 10:25am

I went through the almost one hour process to register. But then I couldn't view or access anything because I was asked to pay. That wasn't even a problem as I was willing to pay. But then I saw the "automatically renew after 6 months bla bla bla" and that "you could only cancel by sending them an email bla bla bla". These were CLEAR SUSPICIOUS SIGNS to me. Why would anyone "automatically renew" my membership for me if they are not after my money? Why can't I do the cancellation myself? Why is there no phone number? Why cancel by sending an email? These questions lead me to search for their reviews. Thank goodness I was smarter than them. CLEARLY A SCAM!!

Posted on: 2018/10/05 10:01am

This site is the absolute worse. I am still working a full time job, I am in mid 50's white woman. All matches sent to me are way over 50 miles away, are over 60, and 98% of the matches they send me are non-white. I wrote to them 2 times already and this is the reply: Thank you for your reply.

"I am sorry to hear that your matches are outside your requested preferences.
We always aim to offer you matches that meet your distance requirements, but please understand that we prioritise sending matches that are compatible with your psychological profile.
Sometimes a match won’t meet your preferences because they are highly compatible with you! We will still send them despite what you’ve selected under your criteria settings.
Alternatively, you may not receive local matches if you are located in an area that is less densely populated. For this reason, we recommend expanding your search radius rather than sticking to 50 miles/km.
We encourage you to contact the matches from further afield anyway! You may find that you get along well even if they are not local."

So I am supposed to spend $32.00 one way in tolls and drive over 50 miles to meet someone that possibly I have no interest in. If it does work out how often can you really see the person??

Posted on: 2018/10/09 11:16am

I am a super smart person but i fell for this con because I was emotional. You must be careful because they talk as if they understand you and they will help you.
Also, they keep in in a little room and talk to you for a long while until you are tired then they close in for the kill, so to speak.
Please please, don't talk to them and if you do, take a friend with you or do it during the middle of the day, preferably in public area so you don't get con into something that is not even real.
There is a sense of justice that I failed here but i want to warn others not to do this. Their website and people call you to get you into "interview" are all a scam to get your money and provide "service" that any stranger on the street can do.
It is no different than the phone scams you get, not sure why no one take them to court to shut this done. I tried to report this to better business bureau, and the busienss is not even on the list, not sure what name the business is operate under...
In general, a creepy scam and please please don't fall for it no matter how helpful they present themselves!!!

Posted on: 2018/10/12 12:43pm

A scam, I paid up to date but found it really difficult to cancel. The after my membership end date arriving and my profile loosing membership privileges. They are now threatening legal action for me to continue. Scam, Scam, Scam

Posted on: 2018/11/26 08:21am

STAY AWAY EllitSingles IS FRAUD ! once you've paid for the subscription, you're on a long road of pain! - Beware they own Sliver Singles & Match and its the same scam !
The site is set-up for users to post 6 pictures but they remove your pix on regular basis and leave you with only 1.
They have very few members because once people find it's scam, they want out fast !!
They renew your subscription automatically and its very hard to cancel it if you use android because you have to do it through google-play account.
There are no emails or phone numbers to reach them and the email they give you bounces back.
They own Silver Singles and Match.....so expect to be harassed with emails to subscribe to these websites.
Site address is in Germany. Bad representation for them!

Posted on: 2018/11/27 05:37am

I went through the almost one hour process to register. But then I couldn't view or access anything because I was asked to pay. That wasn't even a problem as I was willing to pay. But then I saw the "automatically renew after 6 months bla bla bla" and that "you could only cancel by sending them an email bla bla bla". These were CLEAR SUSPICIOUS SIGNS to me. Why would anyone "automatically renew" my membership for me if they are not after my money? Why can't I do the cancellation myself? Why is there no phone number? Why cancel by sending an email? These questions lead me to search for their reviews. Thank goodness I was smarter than them. CLEARLY A SCAM!!

red sign its a scam as they have a big turnover over of customers and the only way to stop it is to make it impossible to cancel .many use this trick to retain customers

Posted on: 2018/12/09 10:25pm

I spend a lot of time on my profile. I was on for 2 days and didn't pay. I got 10 matches the first day and 10 the second, very good matches. Then tonight I got a message that they had deleted my account because their workers carefully check all profiles (bullshit) and that there was question of my actual location. Actual location - U.S. Actual story - moving to Ireland in February and so put that as my location because THAT is where I'd like to meet a man. WTF???

Posted on: 2018/12/22 09:09am

This is a dreadful site, provides matches over a hundred miles away, over ten years younger or ten years older, no commonalities, most do not have advanced degrees, have NO PHOTOS, personally and other tests are not completed so the matches cannot possibly be valid......it is worthless!

Posted on: 2018/12/25 07:24am

I tried Elite Singles for three months.

Cons
1) I live in a large city in Canada with many professionals, yet, after a week, many of my matches were over 200 kms away.
2) the cost to join was higher for women than for men. I will guess because more women than men had joined
3) No way to match on language. I am an English speaker and I was being matched to a number of French speakers.

Pros
1) Most of my matches were with professionals and looked compatible with something on my profile
2) the email exchanges were more respectful and fun that on other sites.

Due to the expense and the lack of matches in my city, I chose not to renew.

Posted on: 2019/01/29 07:59pm

If I could give Zero stars I would. This site is awful I have emailed at least 30 profiles (Women) none replied apart from one who claims she was Vet from Luton Bedfordshire she said here name was Sharon and was 55 She gave me her email and we started emailing she claimed she was a Vet ,she said she was called Donna Riddle aged 39 from Stuttgart Germany and was living in Muswell Hill London I then get an email to say she was in Dubai working at the zoo and had apparently caused the death of an animal and the zoo were refusing to pay her and had kept her passport she asked me for £680 and could i send it to her She or he came up with whole pack of lies. elite singles were emailed they did nothing not even offer a refund I also believe a lot of matches are old profiles and the pesrons don't actually exist. I even had people like my profile but not even reply once to my messages Not only this I asked for certain age groups and within 40 miles of my location , guess what I get "Matchs" from 100+ miles away. I keep checking the parameters are correct but the stupid site ignores it why send me profiles that I will never meetup with complete utter Joke ! DON'T USE THIS SITE IT'S RUBBISH and overpriced go elsewhere.

Posted on: 2019/02/01 12:50pm

Waste of time... I could not even see the pictures of anyone... Not impressed at all
DO NOT USE THIS SITE it's CRAP and probably a SCAM

Posted on: 2019/02/01 01:34pm

This is a cheating company. They service is rubbish and they just cheat people with traps for get money. I highly DO NOT RECOMEND THIS SITE. 👎

Posted on: 2019/04/12 04:09pm

Amazing. Best dating website by far--of the six I've tried anyway. I am notified by interested women at least 6-8 times a day. Accomplished, educated, attractive, and often wealthy women. I have dated a Stanford lawyer, a Portland MD, an LA former actress, an Oxford educated scientist, and am now in contact with a French-speaking VP of a concern on Rodeo Dr, Beverly Hills. I have met or talked to dozens more. Several have told me my profile is the best they've seen. I'll take their word on it, I can't see what else they're seeing. What they compliment me on: my photos (looking clean, hygienic, well-groomed and cleanly dressed, upbeat, smiling--and handsome), humor, positive attitude, lack of a controlling nature, honesty (I am in fact the age and height stated, and I am indeed single), and I don't trash my ex. My sense of it is, women are very wary of strange men they meet online. They've often had horrific experiences--men who rush things, who flash jealousy at the most innocent encounters, who want to possess them like some thing. Take time to be friendly and reassuring so they feel safe. Let her set the pace. But be a bit of a bad boy too, but tastefully. Women read between the lines very well. They can quickly get an idea of how you would be in bed. Are you selfish or do you stay in the present and keep her desires in mind? They definitely have sex on their minds--they're human beings after. But patience and respect win out.

Posted on: 2019/04/12 05:40pm

And to clarify, since I've now read several pages of disappointed user input and know it's coming: I am not a bot, I am not associated in with the site in any way. I think it probably is too expensive. Several "women" have tried to catfish me, I think. But they're quite easy to identify. I'm in my 60s and very healthy. But when I get a like or note from a drop-dead gorgeous woman in her 30s or 40s I go to the profile. If it's skimpy or not thoughtfully or carefully filled out I notify the site so they can investigate. Almost every time I'll get written notice that the person I have been in contact with appears suspicious. Not that I have an aversion to dating women in their 30s and 40s. I have had pleasant dating relationships with two women in their 30s that I know in my local area. I did not find them on this site. I have had some women on this site accuse me of being fake. Whatever. I can't do anything about what they think. The most interesting one was a attractive widow in her 50s who invited me to visit her at her home in an upscale ski resort area. Everything looked great until she decided that since I had not called her a second time, there too many "red flags" and disinvited me. Apparently she thought I was a scammer or possible cat fisher. I wished her the best of luck and moved on. Finally, I am selective about who I reply to. I would rather not reply at all than reply and then have to break it off. That would be more painful for both of us.

Posted on: 2019/05/01 11:42pm

I joined Elite Singles a few weeks ago, and so far it has turned out to be what I mostly expected. DISAPPOINTING. IM A 53-year old single female, looking for friendship and maybe, eventually, a long-term relationship.

I’ve had multiple visitors to my profile, have exchanged “smiles” with visitors and assorted site-selected matches. Exchanged hellos with a few members, and had online conversationns with two of them.

One of the conversations fizzled, we don’t have anything in common. The other guy, who identifies himself as Clem (61 years old, from Golden, Colorado), asked to chat with me over WhatsApp.

First red flag, he sent me pictures of himself in his underwear within hours! No kidding. I wasn’t sure if he wanted to show that he was not too overweight, or just wanted to show off his “package.”

I humored him for a couple of days, and learned quickly that he was not interested in finding out anything about ME, kept trying to move the conversation to sexting and kept asking me for pictures.

Finally, I decided he is probably married and looking to cheat. I just got that impression because he indicated he couldn’t stay out late during school nights. Claimed his kids sometimes stay with him.

Finally I deleted the conversation from WhatsApp and hope he’s smart enough not to contact me again.

The point? Only website I’ve ever used and there may not be any good websites. But really, if another member engages you in any conversation that sends up red flags, cut him off early, don’t waste your time.

Posted on: 2019/05/04 03:54pm

It's a waste of money.
My experience of it was I was getting more compatible dates and offers by just going out in the real world and I did try it for a year. Just use the money you would save to get out the house and do a group activity like walking groups, exercise class, book group, join a choir etc. Trust me it will be a far more rewarding experience!

Posted on: 2019/08/06 04:52am

Absolute con artists, paid for one month, it was rubbish, they are now chasing me for £170 saying I signed up for 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AVOID THESE GERMAN SCAMMERS

Posted on: 2019/08/22 04:30pm

Don’t waste your money like I did, it’s a joke. Tinder is way better.

Dating Sites Reviews - Forum
https://www.datingsitesreviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=10124