Contributed by: Editor Wednesday, January 02 2019 @ 07:41 am
I've been working on updating the Match review for 2019 (last major update was in 2017) and I stumbled on a statistics page[*1] Match put up for their dating service. On it they explain the breakdown of their members by age along with a few other interesting facts. I also found an article on Seeking Alpha[*2] which talks about Match Group (who owns Match.com) and what makes it an attractive buy at the moment for investors. Let’s summarize the more thought provoking of these stats.
As we know the dating app is available for iOS and Android. What most of you didn't know, it that it is available in 25 countries and 8 languages. Match members also access the dating service 80 percent of the time through the apps, leaving on 20 percent of the members using their website.
As far as the generations are concerned, Match is pretty evenly represented by all except for the youngest of adults (Gen Z). On Match you can expect 28% to be Boomers (aged 54 to 74), 36% to be Gen X (aged 39 to 53), and 31% to be Millennials or Gen Y (aged 24 to 38).
When comparing singles of all ages, the majority (91%) have attended college or have a degree. Almost half (44%) are also single parents.
In a survey Match Members said that Income and "Want Kids" are the most important search criteria. Guess what, in the end, these criteria are the ones most often members end up conceding on.
For much more information on this dating service you can also check out our own Match Statistics page.