Welcome to Dating Sites Reviews

Grubhub And Tinder Reveal The Impact Of Food On Modern Dating Etiquette

Tinder
  • Contributed by:
  • Views: 457

Is dinner and a movie still a go-to date, or is that passe in a world of swipes? Two of Millennials’ favorite services - Tinder and Grubhub - teamed up to uncover the dining and dating preferences of modern singles.

"Most first dates involve food, so partnering with Grubhub to learn more about how eating preferences affect compatibility was a perfect fit for us," said Rosette Pambakian, vice president, global communications and brand of Tinder. "The findings are interesting and highlight the important role food plays in dating."

The poll surveyed more than 2,000 Tinder users across the US. Participants used Tinder’s signature swiping system to indicate their food-related dating preferences, revealing a significant divergence from longstanding stereotypes.

Grubhub and Tinder drew five key conclusions about how the current generation dominating the dating scene views the etiquette of food during the first three dates:

  • They’re not afraid to embrace their appetites. Sixty-two percent of respondents said they prefer to eat a heartier dish on a date, while 38% percent said they prefer a lighter meal.
  • They’re equitable about picking up the tab. Not offering to pay isn’t a dealbreaker on the second date. Only 36 percent of respondents would rule out a follow-up date if the other person didn't offer to pay. Sixty-four percent said it would not be an issue.
  • They’re down for a chill third date. A casual night in sounds like an ideal third date to 60% of respondents, so feel free to order in, queue up Netflix, and proceed to “chill”. The remaining 40% said they would rather dine out on date three.
  • They’re generous with their grub. Your date keeps stealing food off your plate. What do you do? If you’re 31% of respondents, the answer is “scowl”, but if you’re the other 69% percent, you’re happy to share.
  • They’re not all concerned with following the rules. Though 56% of respondents said using a fork for sushi is cringe-worthy, a surprisingly high 44% called it an “adorable” kind of cluelessness.

"Partnering with Tinder allowed us to tap into the food-related dating preferences and practices of today's singles," said Barbara Martin Coppola, chief marketing officer of Grubhub. "We're thrilled to be part of the new dating experience and it is heartwarming to see that Grubhub can play a role in the love story of couples nationwide, as people get to know a new partner over their favorite local cuisine, from the comfort of home."

In honor of the partnership, new Grubhub users can currently get $7 off their first order of $15 or more at tinder.grubhub.com. Order in, put on House of Cards, and call it 2017's answer to "dinner and a movie."

For more information on the dating app, please take a look at our Tinder review.