To woo in advertisers IAC released some updated statistics for Match.com. Here is what we know:
- Match.com had 20% growth in the first three months of 2009.
- 2.8 million Match.com users connect online and meet offline.
- Match.com members go out on 6 million dates each year.
- A subscriber spends on average 60 minutes per month on the dating site.
- On average a member views 30 pages per day.
- 132 million winks sent out every year.
- Over 56 million first emails sent out per year.
- On average 12 couples get married or engaged every day on Match.com.
In terms of demographics:
- The gender split is 52% female and 48% male.
- 48% of Match.com members are College Graduates.
- Ages 25 to 44 makes up 56% of their members.
- 44% of Match.com members make between $35k and $50k.
It's great to see Match.com starting to release some statistics but, a few things caught my eye. The first being about 12 couples getting married every day. eHarmony says on average 236 members get married every day (see Story). We will have to take a closer look at this point in a later post and see why there is such a difference. Another point that was interesting was about the 2.8 million Match.com members who connect. Is this the number of actual paid subscribers on Match.com in a year? Every quarter Match.com releases the number of subscribers they have, which lately has been from 1.3 to just over 1.4 million people. Of course this doesn't mean if you add up all the quarters you would get the total number of subscribers for the year as the same person could be a subscriber in quarter 1 and in quarter 2. The last point of interest was about Match.com members going out on 6 million dates a year. This could be taken a number of ways but let's assume they mean Match.com members dating each other. This would mean of the 2.8 million subscribers in a year, on average at Match.com you will go out on 2 dates.
Here is the IAC Advertising Solutions web page for Match.com. Since yesterday they have actually updated their PDF and removed some information. For the original PDF released by them that includes all the stats listed, read our local copy of Match.com Statistics for 2008 and 2009.
For more general information on this dating service, read our Match.com review.