Contributed by: Anonymous Sunday, May 06 2007 @ 07:35 am
When dating online you can meet many different and interesting people. Some you will really like the sound of an others you wont be too sure.
When dating online, you can end up chatting regularly to a particular person, maybe because you feel you have a lot in common or maybe you feel that you just "click".
Sometimes you can spends months talking to someone and almost feel as though you know someone, and missing a day talking to them may make your life feel a little empty. Maybe you text regularly too and are always excited to hear from them and always want to know what they are up to and want to make small talk, but what about distance?? What if the person you really like the sound of isnt local and are some considerable miles away? What do you do? Stay friends? Progress things? There is a lot to consider and we shall endeavour to cover some points in this article.
Ensure before meeting you make good use of the telephone, as in my last article, use the phone as much as possible and get to know more about a person.
So you really like this person, you always get excited to hear from them and you think it is worth persuing.
So you meet this person for the first time, and you like them more in person. Have you really considered everything before meeting? Have you really thought things through??
Here are many points you should consider before getting involved with someone where there is considerable distance between you. Sometimes if you cant manage a long distance relationship then its best not to get emotionally involved at the beginning. This can save a lot of heartache in the long term.
Points to consider at the very beginning:-
- Could you cope with only seeing your partner at the weekends or every two weeks.
- Could you trust your partner enough to leave them for such periods before seeing them again?
- Are they trustworthy, genuine and honest?
- Can you afford the travelling costs involved in seeing someone with the distance between you.
- How long are you prepared to see your partner before you decide you want to move in with them.
- If you decide you want to live with this person, are you prepared to move, or are they prepared to move?
- What do they want long term, do they want the same as you or are they happy with a long distance relationship and seeing you once a week or fortnight?
- Even if you get on very well seeing each once a week, would the relationship change or be much different if one of you were prepared to make the move and live together?
If you are unable to answer any of the above points then maybe ever considering to meet someone who lives some distance away not to be such a good idea, and looking closer for a suitable partner will be a better decision. Whatever you decide this needs to be considered at the very beginning before you ever consider get emotionally involved with someone via online dating, messenger, telephone, or text, otherwise you might be headed for heartache, and this is something that can be easily avoided.