Contributed by: ElyseRomano Friday, November 09 2012 @ 10:17 am
1. Women really do love dogs. Nicolas Guégen and Serge Ciccotti found that a man's likelihood of obtaining a woman's phone number increases three-fold when he's accompanied by a dog.
2. Red is the most attractive color. One experiment found that men asked women dressed in red more personal questions than women dressed in green. Another experiment found that men sat closer to a woman wearing red than a woman wearing blue.
3. Women are attracted to wealth, but not men. Female participants in a study were more interested in a man with an expensive Bentley than a man with a more average car. Male participants showed no difference in how they rated the attractiveness of a woman based on her car.
4. Women love to be kissed on the neck. Next to the mouth, the neck is women's favorite place to be kissed. 96% of women expressed their love of neck kisses in a study, compared to only 10% of men.
5. Women are more likely to fake a climax if they're in love. Apparently faking an orgasm is a sign of love - women who are in love are more likely to fake it, presumably to avoid disappointing the partners they care about so deeply.
6. Casual sex is not indicative of low self-esteem or a bad family life. Contrary to the beliefs of many, women with a higher number of sex partners are definitely not "damaged goods." They show no signs of low self-esteem or challenging childhoods...in fact, men in some situations prioritize women with many sex partners over less experienced women.
7. Cheaters might be identifiable by their faces. An experiment found that humans are better able to recognize the faces of cheaters than non-cheaters, without knowing anything about their sexual history. Cheaters' faces may give off subtle visual cues that make them identifiable.
8. We're all guilty of staring. People tend to look longer at attractive faces than unattractive faces. A beautiful face also distracts us from tasks, causing us to take longer to complete them.
9. Your voice changes around people you're attracted to. A lower-pitched voice is connected to higher states of physical arousal in the presence of someone you're attracted to.
10. Speed dating probably isn't the most effective way to meet your match. Your chances of getting frisky with someone you meet at a speed dating event are only 6%, and your changes of relating to someone are even lower, at only 4% .