Welcome to Dating Sites Reviews
eHarmony UK Review (eHarmony.co.uk)
eHarmony UK Review
eHarmony.co.uk is a dating site for singles in the United Kingdom who are serious about finding their perfect match. This popular UK dating site has a diverse group of members—and a unique, proven matching system that is based on scientific research on compatibility. The compatibility matching is based on things that are important to you (and to your match), such as character, values, sense of humor, spirituality and other important characteristics. The site is for singles who are truly seeking a long-term, lasting relationship.
Because eHarmony.com proved so successful in the United States, the company decided to branch out to the UK in 2008. The UK site is based on the same successful premises as its sister US site—and eHarmony worked with the University of Oxford to make eharmony.co.uk tailored to UK singles. In addition to the relationship assessment and the in-depth personality profile, the site also offers comprehensive dating and relationship advice. The site offers “guided communication,” which helps you to understand the results of your personality report and discover what to look for in a potential match. These features, combined with the comprehensive personality profile, demonstrate eHarmony UK’s commitment to helping you find a great match. The website is very user-friendly and easy to navigate.
Give eHarmony UK a try—it’s worth the time to fill out the questionnaire if you’re looking for a serious relationship. You’ll receive a free personality profile and can view your matches for free!
If you are from the United States, Canada or Australia please read our eHarmony.com review.
- See our eHarmony UK Coupon page for a full list of promotions
|Note:See this page for a full list of past awards|
Positive Features of eHarmony UK
- No need to sort through countless profiles—after filling out the questionnaire, eHarmony finds suitable matches based on your responses
- Their matching system is based on 35 years of scientific, clinical research
- Plenty of resources (such as articles, advice and guides) to help you in communicating with and seeking out a good match
- The first 7 days of your subscription is risk free as you can cancel anytime and receive a refund
Negative Features of eHarmony UK
- A large number of questions are needed to ensure high quality matches. It takes a minimum of 30 minutes to complete the relationship questionnaire.
At a Glance
- United Kingdom
- Member Numbers:
- Cost per Month:
- From £9.95 / month
- Membership Types:
- Free - Basic
Average User Reviews & Ratings
Related Posts & Pages
- eHarmony Free Communication this...
- eHarmony Information, Statistics...
- eHarmony Awards
- eHarmony Review (eHarmony.com)
- 2016 Dating Sites Reviews Single...
- eHarmony Reveals The Biggest Rel...
- 2016 Dating Sites Reviews Choice...
- eHarmony Offers New Features and...
- 2016 Dating Sites Reviews Choice...
- eHarmony Free 5 Day Trial this N...
eHarmony UK Free Membership
- Yes (Unlimited time)
- Create a profile (required)
- First name, gender seeking, postal code, country, email, password, how you heard about the site
- Relationship Questionnaire (can save answers and return later to finish)
- Section 1 (Basic info):Confirm gender, date of birth, how important your match’s age is, marital status, highest level of education, how important your match’s education is, personal income, how important your match’s income is, occupation, height, how important your match’s height is, ethnicity, which ethnicities you’d be willing to accept as matches (multi-select), how important your match’s ethnicity is, how you describe your appearance, how satisfied are you with your physical appearance, how important it is that your partner is physically attractive
- Section 2 (Personal characteristics):Religion, which religion(s) you want your match to be affiliated with, how important your partner’s religion is
- Section 3 (About you):Indicate on a scale how well several statements describe you
- Section 4 (Self descriptions):Use a scale to indicate how specific words describe you (for example, on a scale of “not at all” to “very well”); pick four words that friends would use to describe you
- Section 5 (Personal characteristics):Use a scale to indicate how the provided statements describe you (for example, on a scale of “not at all” to “very well”)
- Section 6 (About your feelings):Use a scale to rate how often during the past month you felt certain moods (like happy, anxious, fortunate, etc.)
- Section 7 (Relationship orientation and values):Rate how strongly (from “absolutely disagree” to “absolutely agree”) you feel about the provided statements
- Section 8 (Important qualities):Use a scale to indicate the importance of certain characteristics in your partner (from “not at all important” to “very important”); list three things for which you are most thankful (this is free-form writing, and will be shared with matches)
- Section 9 (About your personality):Choose true or false for a number of statements that describe your personality
- Section 10 (Your personal interests):Rate on a scale your interest in activities/hobbies; list things you are passionate about & things you enjoy in leisure time (this is free-form writing, and will be shared with matches)
- Section 11 (Living skills):Rate on a scale how skilled you are at certain activities
- Section 12 (Communication style):Rate on a scale how well certain statements about communication describe you
- Section 13 (Matching information):Answer questions about smoking and drinking habits, children at home, your location & match’s distance from you
- Upload profile photo (can upload up to 12 photos from your computer or Facebook profile)
- Only highly compatible matches can see your photo (no member can browse by photo)
- Complete your profile
- “In my own words” – describe yourself, and what you’re looking for
- Some profile information is automatically pulled into your profile based on answers provided in the relationship questionnaire
- “Something to talk about” – based on interest and lifestyle, eHarmony UK will reveal if you and a potential match have interests in common
- Values – choose your top-10 lists of “must-haves” and “can’t-stands” in a partner
- Reports – The “reports” section provides feedback about your personal characteristics (including agreeableness, openness, emotional stability, conscientiousness, and extraversion) and provides useful feedback about how others may respond to you based on these traits
- Ability to read relationship and dating advice articles on eHarmony.co.uk
- Not included:
- Communicating with other members
Relationship Types Allowed
Your Relationship Status
Relationships You can Look For
eHarmony UK Costs
- Membership fees last confirmed December 14, 2010. Always check with eHarmony UK for the most current pricing
- Paid membership includes:
- Creation of a profile
- Ability to view your personality profile
- View list of suggested matches
- Contact matches through an icebreaker or through eHarmony mail
- Cost in pounds £:
- 1 month membership £34.95
- 3 month membership £74.85 – equivalent to £24.95/month
- 6 month membership £89.70 – equivalent to £14.95/month
- Twelve-month membership £119.40 total, can be paid in three payments (equivalent to £9.95/month) – best deal!
- Guaranteed refund if you are not happy with the service during the first 7 days of your subscription (see site for full details)
- Accepts major credit cards, PayPal
- Can cancel membership at any time
eHarmony UK Viewing & Communication Tools
- Personal profile
- Photos (photos can be uploaded directly from Facebook if you choose)
- Relationship questionnaire & personality profile results
- Ability to view compatible matches
- Icebreaker – initial contact, similar to a wink or flirt on other sites (for paying members)
- Guided Communication – helps you understand what you want out of a relationship and how to contact potential matches
- Ability to contact matches (for paying members)
- Personality info
- Detailed profile and in-depth matching criteria to help you find a compatible match
- Privacy and safety features
- Ability to deactivate your profile and membership at any time
- Relationship questionnaire results are returned as a confidential personality profile
- Can choose what type of email alerts you want to receive
- Very easy to change any of your profile and account settings
Search For Members By
- eHarmony UK returns your matches to you, which you can look through (there is no searching option)
Other eHarmony UK Information
- Must by 18 years of age to use this dating site
- This site is run by eHarmony.com
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our information at DatingSitesReviews.com we shall not be held responsible for any discrepancy. There is a possibility that the information provided here is outdated or wrong, please check with the service directly for the most recent information. As always you should read your terms of service before signing up to any online service.