Welcome to Dating Sites Reviews
JDate Review (JDate.com) for Jewish Dating
Since it entered the scene in 1997, JDate.com has been the premier online dating community for Jewish singles. Boasting hundreds of thousands of members and a near-perfect 50-50 male-to-female ratio, JDate is an ideal place to find friendship, romance, and more.
JDate averages over 10,000 subscribers online at any one time from all around the world. JDate’s members are a diverse group of people, but the majority are located in major metropolitan areas (like New York, L.A., Miami and Chicago), well-educated, and upwardly mobile. Their religious and ethnic backgrounds are varied, from Hassidic to Modern Orthodox to Ashkenazi and Sephardic. While some JDate.com members keep kosher and regularly attend temple, others do not. What they do have in common is a desire to make new friends, form romantic relationships or find their Beshert.
JDate has been building the Jewish community for more than a decade, so it’s no surprise that it seems like everyone knows someone who fell in love on the site. To accomplish its mission of strengthening the Jewish community and sustaining Jewish traditions, JDate encourages members to engage both online and off using its fully-featured website and in-person events.
Starting a profile on JDate.com is free, but a paid subscription is required to communicate with other members. Paid members can also send instant messages, post replies and topics on message boards, personalize E-cards, and mingle in the chat rooms.
The JDate profile covers all the topics you would expect on an online dating site, with the addition of a few questions about religious background and synagogue attendance. After answering the first round of questions, new members can provide more detailed personal information and answer a serious of free-response essay questions.
Two of JDate’s more interesting compatibility features are the Kibitz Corner and the Color Code Personality Test. Answer the daily question posed in the Kibitz Corner to tell members more about yourself and catch someone’s eye with your witty or profound response. Take the Color Code Test to gain insight into your motivations and a deeper understanding of your potential matches. Every member is assigned a color – blue, white, red, or yellow – that identifies their personality traits in order to build stronger, more meaningful relationships.
JDate offers many opportunities to find and connect with potential matches. Under the “Matches” tab, members will find a list of compatible users chosen by the site. Searches can be performed by most aspects of the profile or, for more visual users, a simple photo gallery of available users can be viewed. Check out your Hot Lists to find out which members have viewed you, flirted with you, emailed you, favorited you, and more.
When someone piques your curiosity, there are multiple ways to start a conversation. Send an e-mail or an e-card, click “Flirt,” or request to IM when you’re ready to make a connection. If you’re looking for a low-key, low-risk way to indicate your interest, use the Secret Admirer feature. Let the site know what you think of a match by confidentially clicking “Yes,” “No,” or “Maybe” – if you both say “Yes,” JDate makes an introduction with a You Both Said Yes Alert email. It’s a fun and easy way to break the ice.
JDate makes a sincere effort to connect members offline just as well as it does online. The site organizes travel adventures and speed dating parties, as well as events like cocktail parties, classes, wine tastings, and outdoor activities. Members are also encouraged to connect in chat rooms, message boards, and through the online JMag. A synagogue directory can be found on the site for subscribers looking for a local, more social experience.
If you’re looking to make connections, find friends, and fall in love within the faith, JDate is the #1 destination for Jewish men and women.
- To view JDates latest sales and deals for Jewish singles please check out the JDate Coupons page
Positive Features of JDate
- Highest number of Jewish singles of any dating site
- Strong community where members actually participate. See upcoming events not only to meet singles but to give back to the community through charity events hosted by members (i.e. New York Jewish Environmental Bike Ride)
- Large number of Jewish members with the gender demographics almost split down the middle (males represent 47% and females 53% as of August 2012 according to Quantcast)
- New features are added on a regular basis (i.e. “Kibitz Corner”)
Negative Features of JDate
- Many non-Jewish members join the site, which may present a challenge for members who are only looking to date someone who shares their faith
- Cannot message with other members without a paid subscription
At a Glance
- United States, Canada, United Kingdom, International
- English, French, Other
- Member Numbers:
- Cost per Month:
- From $19.99 / month
- Membership Types:
- Free - Basic
Average User Reviews & Ratings
Related Posts & Pages
- Christian Mingle and JDate Valen...
- JDate Membership Sale - Jan 2017
- Spark Networks Information, Stat...
- JDate Review (JDate.com) for Jew...
- JDate Coupons
- JDate Information, Statistics, F...
- JDate And ChristianMingle Are Ge...
- Spark Networks Reports Third Qua...
- JDate and JSwipe and their Hot a...
- New Spark Dating App Designed To...
JDate Free Membership
- Create a profile
- Basic information
- Seeking, location, current relationship status
- Smoking habits, height, education, occupation
- Religious background, how often you go to synagogue
- Children, username, birth date, email address
- About Me
- Short personal essay (50 character minimum)
- Physical information
- Weight, body style, hair, eyes
- Relocation, children, pets, kosher, drinking habits, activity level
- Grew up in, ethnicity, languages, area of study, what I do, annual income, politics, zodiac sign
- My Ideal Match
- I’m looking for, age range, marital status, has kids, wants kids, religion, education, smoking, drinking
- In My Own Words
- My life and ambitions
- My perfect first date
- The coolest places I’ve visited
- For fun, I like to…
- You should definitely message me if you…
- Likes & Interests
- My personality is best described as…
- In my free time, I enjoy…
- My favorite music
- Tell members more about yourself by answering the daily question in the Kibitz Corner
- Answers to Kibitz Corner questions serve as icebreakers and spark the conversation
- Take the Color Code personality test to learn more about your motivations and gain a deeper understanding of your potential matches
- Basic information
- Add photos (up to 12 photos)
- Search and view profiles
- See who is online
- View message boards
- Send E-cards
- Use Click
- Hot lists
- A quick, fun way to let someone know you're interested. Pick a one-liner from JDate's list of Flirts, and it's sent to the member of your choice. The member receives the Flirt in his or her onsite inbox and then can go to your profile and Flirt back with you. You can send up to 30 Flirts per day, but each member can only be Flirted with once
- Show/hide settings
- Allows you to set what information from your profile you want visible to other singles
- Create a profile
- Not included:
- Cannot use communication tools such as instant message, email and chat rooms
Relationship Types Allowed
Your Relationship Status
Relationships You can Look For
- Activity Partner
- Membership costs last confirmed March 1, 2015. Please check JDate for most recent pricing
- Pay online or by phone. You can pay by credit card, check, or money order
- Two paid membership types:Standard and Premium
- Standard membership includes:
- Full access to forums
- Read and reply to all email
- Instant messaging
- Text chat and meet face-to-face with video chat
- Costs in US dollars:
- One month for $39.99
- Three months for $89.97, with a renewal rate of $29.99 per month
- Six months for $119.94 with a renewal rate of $19.99 per month
- Premium membership includes:
- Everything from the standard plan, plus:
- Profile Highlight: highlight your profile in search results to increase your visibility on the site
- Member Spotlight: prominently display your profile to members you select based on age, gender, and location. Your profile will be featured at the top of the homepage and first in “Your Matches”
- Costs in US dollars:
- Six months for $131.94, with a renewal rate of $22.99 per month
- A $3.99 one-time processing fee is added to all first time subscription purchases
JDate Viewing & Communication Tools
- Private email
- Instant messaging
- Premium chat rooms
- Message boards
- Hot Lists
- Use Hot Lists to keep track of your Favorites, your browsing and contact history, and members who have checked you out
- Kibitz Corner
- Secret Admirer
- Indicate your interest in a member by clicking “Yes,” “No,” or “Maybe”
- Every Yes is sent a Secret Admirer Alert email, which includes you and several other member profiles
- When there’s a mutual Yes, both members receive a You Both Said Yes Alert email
- Color Code personality test
- Discover your Color to gain a deeper understanding of yourself, your motivations, your relationships, and how to best interact with other Color types
- Section One:Strengths & Limitations (30 questions)
- Section Two:Situations (15 questions)
- After taking the test, you will receive a 15-page detailed personality profile
- The four personality Colors correspond to four driving Core Motives (Power, Intimacy, Peace, Fun)
- Mobile app
- Only for iPhone
- Travel & Events
- Meet other singles in person through travel adventures, speed dating, and other events like cocktail parties, classes, and wine tastings
Search For Members By
- Quick Search
- Gender, age range, location
- Advanced Search
- Most parts of profile
- Photo Gallery
- Who is online
- Look up a specific member by member number or username
- Who’s Searching For You?
- Members whose search preferences you match
- Hot Lists
- Viewed you
- Emailed you
- Favorited you
- Flirted with you
- Sent you an e-card
- IM’d you
- Click Alerts for your secret admirers
- Matches by mail
- New members
- Searches can now be displayed as a thumbnail gallery or in the traditional list form
- Your matches
- Based on comparing your profile with others on the site
- JDate Offline
- Includes a list of Jewish speed dating events in your area
- Any upcoming JDate-sponsored travel adventures (trips, cruises, etc.)
- A list of special events hosted by JDate members in your area
Other JDate Information
- Customer care staff is available 24 hours a day by phone to answer any of your questions
- Specialized events are arranged for members who enjoy meeting singles in an exciting atmosphere
- Modern advice for Jewish singles including fun, free icebreakers
- "Giving Back Events" - JDate and its members strongly believe in the concept of tikkun olam (repairing the world) and working together to make a positive difference in the community by volunteering with non-profit organizations and supporting Jewish cultural programs and causes
- This site is part of the Spark Network
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our information at DatingSitesReviews.com we shall not be held responsible for any discrepancy. There is a possibility that the information provided here is outdated or wrong, please check with the service directly for the most recent information. As always you should read your terms of service before signing up to any online service.