To continue on our story about how 542 eHarmony Members Marry Every Day we dug up some more interesting statistics. Some of these fun facts are from the new Harris Interactive study while others were released by eHarmony to help celebrate their 10 year anniversary.
- By April of last year there had been over 400 million conversations on eHarmony since launch.
- By August of 2009 eHarmony had 30 million members register and had 30 million pictures uploaded.
- 43.99% of newlyweds who met through an online dating service were matched by eHarmony.
- 25.75% of newlyweds who met online (Social Network, Dating Site, etc...) where matched by eHarmony.
- It is estimated that currently there are 1,130,006 non-married, monogamous relationships started by eHarmony.
eHarmony also found that offline, Americans met their spouses 15% of the time through work and another 15% of the time through friends. The chances of meeting your spouse at school is only 9% and through your family only just over 4%. Bars and clubs came in at 5.4%.
To find out more about this popular online matchmaking service, check out our review of eHarmony.com.