Welcome to Dating Sites Reviews

2008/07/05 08:48AM (Read 189588 times)  

Anonymous: Nifty

Plenty more naughty fish is the "adult" contact side of
plentymorefish Which brands itself as the UK's fastest growing online singles database.

I joined pmnf after a female friend knew I was looking and suggested it as she knew someone who used it. Having had some sucess on adult friend finder I was looking for somewhere new and different.

On reaching the website you really need to sign up for a free account before you can do anything.
To sign in you are given a user id (generated) and your own choice of password, although once signed in you have your own username.
You can search, create your own profile, view others profile and wink at others.
However to contact anyone or read their diarys you have to sign up for a premium account.
You can recieve messages from others but not read them till you have signed up.
Strangely even though my profile was barely filled out and I had no picture up,
I recieved several winks and about 6 messages.

So I signed up.

The first thing I noticed was that it wasn't a secure website (no httpsSmile even for entering your credit card details, although you can phone them. Stupidly I decided to continue and sign up.

Once signed up I read my messages which seemed very fake (all dirty msgs from ppl no where near me)

That topped with a sense of 'theres not much to this site' no community forums, no webcam chat.

all you seem to get for your £15 per month is the ability to view the thumbnail pictures larger, abiltiy to read and send messages, to read others diaries and to send gifts (like the ones on facebook).

Even your search is restricted to I'm looking for a female, aged between, from, within how many miles, religion, smoker, children and do I want to only see members with pictures.

Now if someone can only read my messages if they are a premium member that immediatly reduces my chances. On adult Friend finder for example it's usually the guys who pay for memberships and the females have free memberships.

All this feeling of, "I've just wasted $30 (or £15)" made me reach for the support button and email to ask to cancel my account and get my money back after just 7 minutes. Oh dear.

Unfortunalty I got a prompt reply sent to my account saying that as I'd read my messages I wasn't allowed to get my money back although they'd be happy to cancel my paid for account. (must remember to cancel auto renew)

The one shining light is that after recieving loads of "you have a new message" or "you've just been winked at" emails.
They've all stopped not even a confirmation sign up email.

However I've only been a member for 10 days ( 1 week free) 3 days paid member.

Perhaps things will look up.

I'll keep you informed.

Nifty

2008/09/28 12:38PM  

Anonymous: Megafugly

Interesting comments from Nifty.

I signed up for the "standard" plentymorefish.com site and had a similar experience to you.

Several winks and five messages arrived very promptly from ladies, several of whom are I am damn certain were scammers (very strange names, no pics and from places so far away it was ridiculous).

I'm not suggesting for a minute that the actual site are involved, but it was strange that all three ladies who sent messages with pictures all described their "career" in some detail, then their domestic arrangements and very little about themselves, none of them seemed particularly "genuine".

I'm no Elephant Man, but two of the ladies were very attrractive, to be honest it would be a first if such ladies would even give me a second look. Could it be that this is some kind of "honeytrap" to get desperate single gentleman to sign up for the "premium" service? Like a sucker, I signed up for a month so that I could see what the messages I'd received said - no replies to date and quite frankly I don't expect any. I went into this with my eyes open, things make look up butI will address my concerns to the site operators.

I would appreciate other people's comments on this and I'll let you all know how things go.

2008/11/03 07:44AM  

Anonymous: Ben Derrova

I'm sure it is secure, all of the right protocols are there and it looks like worldpay to me, which is mega secure, it just doesn't say https in the address bar. It could be a technical issue, maybe becuse the page is being viewed in a frame with a redirect possibly. You'd think they'd fix it tho.

2008/11/03 02:48PM  
grossedout

Anonymous: beberni

Why is it that everytime I try to give a review of a site it comes back as Spam?? Isnt this site used for this kind of stuff?????? I've tried about 6 times already! If its not about posting a site then what the hell is it for??

2008/11/03 04:53PM  

Admin

Site Admin

Admin
I checked my SPAM log and around the time of your last forum post I see posts were rejected because of the phrase "Press Release". I have removed these words from the SPAM list. Remember as well each post is only allowed one link.

If you have any further problems you can always contact me using the link in the menu bar.

Thanks

Admin

2008/11/11 04:56PM  

Anonymous: Anonymous

Hmm, interesting to see the comments about the main plentymorefish site. I signed up for a month after getting a couple of messages and though why not! - As the girls who messaged me weren't drop dead gorgeous and seemed more believable (with photos in various locations).

But after swapping a few messages with a couple of them I noticed a few patterns forming. Both seemed to ignore what I was sending in my messages and just send me some random stuff about what they did at the weekend. I also noticed nearly al the messages from both girls were ending in '', which I guess is common but just seemed too much of a coincidence.

THEN, someone else contacted me, ending in the same '' and I started to get fed up. I did complain to the providers but they said there's nothing that can be done.

And, is it just me or are there loads of girls on there (and other sites I've tried out) that own horses!?!? Just seems a bit too unlikely!

Ah well, lesson learnt!

2008/11/11 04:57PM  

Anonymous: Anonymous

By the way the post above '' = 3 x's, the spam filter seemed to be picking them up and deleting the post.

2008/11/18 06:16PM  

Anonymous: firebird

Quote by: Anonymous

Hmm, interesting to see the comments about the main plentymorefish site. I signed up for a month after getting a couple of messages and though why not! - As the girls who messaged me weren't drop dead gorgeous and seemed more believable (with photos in various locations).

But after swapping a few messages with a couple of them I noticed a few patterns forming. Both seemed to ignore what I was sending in my messages and just send me some random stuff about what they did at the weekend. I also noticed nearly al the messages from both girls were ending in '', which I guess is common but just seemed too much of a coincidence.

THEN, someone else contacted me, ending in the same '' and I started to get fed up. I did complain to the providers but they said there's nothing that can be done.

And, is it just me or are there loads of girls on there (and other sites I've tried out) that own horses!?!? Just seems a bit too unlikely!

Ah well, lesson learnt!

Regarding the horse issue, this seems to be common on dating sites along with women posing on 'their' Harley's.

And the average wage is about 50 K in the US.

Horses and Harleys are EXPENSIVE. I know from experience.

And these women usually post they make well above the national income amount in this time of a very serious recession.

But I agree, what IS it with the horses and Harleys. Are the horses sort of a symbol for what they want in a man?

And are the harley's supposed to show she has a wild side or a lot of money or both?

It IS getting tiresome-all the BS .

2008/11/19 09:26PM  

Anonymous: METOO

Just a general comment here. I recently signed up for three "Free" sites on the basis that if you want my money, you should at least provide some sort of example of what to expect before I pay. Simply receiving emails telling me that people are "checking me out" or someone "viewed my profile" doesn't mean anything to me unless I can see their picture and read their full profile. I would never subscribe just because there may be a match.

I joined the free version of eHarmony first and instantly realized that it was pointless. To really make use of the site, I would need to "pony" up (no pun intended) $230 or what ever it is for a year. Sure you could pay for a month cheaper, but let's face it, you will need to be on there more than a month to get any results.

I haven't subscribed, but I still receive emails from them telling me all about these girls that are interested. My friend then told me about Plentyoffish and Mingle2. For free you get to upload and view pictures and send and receive emails. I've only been on these sites two days and have received emails from about 4 or 5 women in my general location matching my profile. As far as I can tell they seem ligit and there's been no soliciting from the site to pay for anything. Actually, I'm pretty excited about how things are progressing.

There seem to be quite a few legit free sites out there. Actually I came here to see if I could find good reviews of more of them. It's all about numbers. Throw enough at the wall and something will stick

2008/12/04 07:38AM  
mellow

Anonymous: Ben Derrova

Well, I've been a member of Plentymorefish now for a month and have to say my experience isn't the same as Nifty. I notice that there seem to be 2 completely different platforms for the UK service and the International service, so I'm not sure which one Nifty joined. I can only speak for the UK site, but it's alright. The girls and pics seem genuine as do the messages. I've had 2 local dates and they were both okay, though I doubt either will lead to anything. Tried the naughty site too. Much better than most i've seen. Although there are some girls on there obviously looking for business, if you know what I mean, there are loads that come across as genuinely looking for a NSA relationships, one nighters I call em. I'm off to try another site for now, but I'm pretty sure I'll give this site another month at some point.

All times are Eastern Daylight Time. The time is now 08:45 AM.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  • View Anonymous Posts 
  • Able to post 
  • HTML Allowed 
  • Censored Content