Welcome to Dating Sites Reviews

2015/08/19 02:44PM (Read 1288 times)  

Anonymous: Jennifer

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone is aware of what IAC plans on doing with Datehookup? If you go to their site, you will notice they no longer list it as one of their brands. Also I've read some comments about members who have had past profiles trying to rejoin and instead of allowing them to, it just redirects them to one of their other dating sites. I'm uncertain if it does that for any new member now or just those that it recognizes as having had a past profile. Do you think they are closing the site or selling it?

http://iac.com/brands?field_category__tid=22

Thanks

2015/08/21 04:20AM  

Admin

Site Admin

Admin
I haven't heard what IAC plans for Datehookup and nothing has been mentioned online about it through press releases, etc. I doubt they would try to sell it though (I haven't heard of IAC selling any of their dating properties).

Regarding the redirecting of visitors, Datehookup may just send international users to other sites. I believe North American visitors can still become a member of Datehookup.

2015/08/23 11:56AM  

Anonymous: Jennifer

It appears what's happening is if you have had a past account on Datehookup and then attempt to rejoin, you will be redirected to one of their affiliate dating sites. I don't think it has anything to do with if you are international or not. I wish it could be tested. If it is all new users that they are redirecting, that would indicate they plan on getting rid of the site. If it is only members that have had a past accounts, it could be a measure taken to prevent people from making multiple accounts which became an enormous problem on Datehookup. Bans were worthless and so forth. Lots of complaints about it.

2015/08/23 05:30PM  

Anonymous: Danny Anonymous

After much frustration with spammers on DateHookup, I cancelled my account and went to sign up for a new one. I got redirected to a different dating website multiple times, even tried registering as a new user using a completely different email address and zip code.

I'd viewed the help forums right on the date hookup website which had lots of posts from users who were frustrated about the spammers and buggs on there as well as the complete lack of updates and assistance when contacting the site admins.

Certainly seems like a unmonitored website, if nothing else.

2016/02/11 01:39AM  

Anonymous: Admin

Quote by: Admin

I haven't heard what IAC plans for Datehookup and nothing has been mentioned online about it through press releases, etc. I doubt they would try to sell it though (I haven't heard of IAC selling any of their dating properties).

Regarding the redirecting of visitors, Datehookup may just send international users to other sites. I believe North American visitors can still become a member of Datehookup.

I live in texas and it redirects me.
If ANYONE can create a new account please let me know.

All times are Eastern Standard Time. The time is now 04:37 PM.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  • View Anonymous Posts 
  • Able to post 
  • HTML Allowed 
  • Censored Content